Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:34:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins?  (Read 4088 times)
G2z_Riya

Activity: 217
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:49:39 PM

I do, and at times fortune takes place. Right now I've been facing a big downfall. The investment that I made over an altcoin doesn't show any signs of growth while bitcoin has begun to be bullish. From this what I understood better about the market which isn't that easy to predict. We need to be active and should have the mentality to overcome the unexpected price fluctuations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoXis

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:02:33 AM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?

For most of the part you are correct! I also do day trading and HODL for some. We need daily profits for our basic needs and others may find it nah but most of the time I feel safe to trade in this way. The complexity of the market and be able to read graphs and trends much more superior to long term.
peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:58:55 AM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
I share your views and subscribe to your idea, there are some aitcoin that you can invest in that are more profitable that btc, no disputing the fact that btc is a long term investment, but it is advisable to toll dices at time and look the way of short term investment.
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:01:23 AM

I have a rule, and thats simple! Never sell your bitcoins. So for me, bitcoins give me always the msot profit. And thats why i continue to hold them. Of course i am also interested to buy some other altcoins. But when i see some i want to have, i try it to buy it with fiat money, so i pay in new fiat money to buy them. Because i always regret to sell or trade my bitcoin.
jcojci

Activity: 686
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:25:01 AM

I guess this is my time to buy altcoin before the altcoin increase later so I will trade my bitcoin to get altcoin. maybe I can only buy cheap altcoin because I don't have much of bitcoin and I can only expect that after I buy altcoin, the price can increase at least two times from the price before so I can make a nice profit. I will choose profitable cheap coins on the market as I know that cheap coin price has a chance to increase higher.
mrs_bitcoin

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:02:21 PM

Most likely not, I have not yet decided until the end, but my inner intuition tells me that it is not worth doing. As long as I keep mine.

■ CLOUD TOKEN ■
█Get from 6-12% monthly in CTO tokens. REF CODE + 50% profit:4901547258 █
policeoo

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 09:19:34 PM

I would do the opposite of that. I would sell as many altcoins as I can to buy more Bitcoin and to hold as many Bitcoin as I can. It has never been even a discussion to be in some other way. Bitcoin is definitely the number one coin and I would never risk like that and put my profit at risk selling Bitcoin to buy Altcoins.

DgurJIupyf

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

http://o-tu.ru/

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:32:09 PM

If you do not know how to trade, then you need to learn. The surgeon does not take a scalpel does not mean simple skills like doing surgery. so you do not make stupid actions. Start learning.

goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:38:30 AM

Yes why not but not all. I still consider bitcoin as a good investment and i cant afford to lose all of it. On the other hand, altcoins brought us more opportunity than BTC depending on the popularity of coins and datas and charts of its history. Since altcoins exists later than BTC, its price would possible become higher than lower in the future.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
preikaler

Activity: 905
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:42:16 AM

yes it is indeed needed to give a lot of money so that the assets we have can grow well but keep in mind that trading bitcoin into altcoin is only to altcoins which really gives certainty about price and progress.

semutracing

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:53:36 AM

I bought several altcoins from half of the assets in bitcoin that I have, this I did as my strategy to add assets from new altcoins on the exchange and there is potential to increase the price
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:02:53 AM

yes of course I will, but I will trade in altcoin because with altcoin trading I can get a lot of profit and this altcoin is also the price that is still cheap can provide a lot of profit for me so I have to be able to take advantage of altcoin price movements to grow assets I have.
arafat222

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:19:38 AM

Bitcoin is now most popular crytocurrency and it's future is good but altcoin trade is very risky because there is no future so I think Bitcoin trade is good
StarSLight

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:47:14 AM

I would now like to do the opposite. Sell altcoins and buy bitcoin. But, unfortunately, I do not have enough money yet. But in the future I will necessarily buy myself some Bitcoin coins
StarSLight

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:48:57 AM

I have currently traded all my Bitcoin for altcoin.  I believe alts will pump much more than Bitcoin so I plan on riding them up to gain Satoshi value and then jump over to Bitcoin at the peak. 

It was fine to trade bitcoins with altcoins as long as you have the assurance to earn profit and that is the reason you have to look at the platform before invest a huge amount into a certain coin.
Altcoins can bring you very good profits in a short time. But there are also quite high risks. Therefore, I choose bitcoin, because I prefer stability
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:00:22 AM

I have currently traded all my Bitcoin for altcoin.  I believe alts will pump much more than Bitcoin so I plan on riding them up to gain Satoshi value and then jump over to Bitcoin at the peak. 

It was fine to trade bitcoins with altcoins as long as you have the assurance to earn profit and that is the reason you have to look at the platform before invest a huge amount into a certain coin.
Altcoins can bring you very good profits in a short time. But there are also quite high risks. Therefore, I choose bitcoin, because I prefer stability
absolutely right, altcoins can bring profit if you have a large amount. a slight price increase, will make a substantial profit. because of that, many people sell their bitcoin for the sake of an altcoin.
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:21:00 AM

I prefer to trade in altcoin rather than bitcoin because the conditions of altcoin prices are still very cheap, so the profit that I can get is very much and the price movement of altcoin is also very fast which makes me like altcoins.
futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:36:08 AM

Yes, it is best one to buy the altcoin with Bitcoin because when the prices start increasing we can easily make more bitcoin in the market. As you can see in the last year the price of altcoins went very high in the market. In the same way, we can make more if you purchase Bitcoin with altcoin, instead of holding it as a Bitcoin itself.
lavishlife

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:53:39 AM

Yes I will, well in my case I am mostly focusing on Ethereum/Altcoin market.
I am scalping while hodling Ethereum long-term.
boty

Activity: 1162
Merit: 208

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:35:08 AM

yes that I often do because by having bitcoin I can buy atlcoin whatever I want and can benefit from altcoins very much and as much as possible to always be able to take advantage of altcoin moves to make a profit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: