Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people keep saying BTC is dead?!  (Read 225489 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:30:33 AM

Bitcoin will not accept as a payment of the people who dont know how to use computer or they dont know what of use of it and they not aware on hacking and scamming. So that they scared using of bitcoin they more likely to use fiat money.

Bitcoin is still waiting for the killer app, which would make the underlying details of the transaction irrelevant. People don't know much about TCP/IP, yet they can browse the internet. Bitcoin will have its moment soon.  Smiley
Like i said, they not willing to learn because almost the people in old generations here in phillipines are not have a good education or they not go to school when they children.
zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:28:38 AM

How can say that its dead?? Majority of people are not yet aware of what bitcoin exactly is? They are not aware how it works and generally they are not willing to learn something new they feel it can be scam so they resist in investing in it and follow the fiat money.

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

How can say that its dead?? Majority of people are not yet aware of what bitcoin exactly is? They are not aware how it works and generally they are not willing to learn something new they feel it can be scam so they resist in investing in it and follow the fiat money.

Many people already know what kind of bitcoin is but they are not really know what is inside bitcoin so they only do for some of times until they get profit and start saying to people about this and that but when they are not getting profit they will said it is dead and start to get out from this bitcoin things. That is just how things going
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:08:38 PM

those are the old generations, new generation are aware on how to use computer and hi-tech devices

bitcoin isn't born to meet old people, some of them are not even willing to learn, we can't do nothing to this

Are you sure? Like am not that old but I know a lot of younger people quite proficient in computers and networking and they don't give a shit about btc, some of them heard some anecdotal stories, but it's like nobody gives a shit about it still, maybe one in 500 hundreds or more, I don't know, maybe even less, unless they have nothing to do and somehow gets involved a bit accidentally like me.  Do you imagine if those cool computer kids would give a damn about btc by default? It would be a revolution tomorrow! Wink

kenscho

Activity: 234

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:16:17 AM

i dont think btc is dead. the big raise will come.
when wallstreet go in maybe then will the btc again raise..
Bittings

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:24:52 AM

Bitcoin will not accept as a payment of the people who dont know how to use computer or they dont know what of use of it and they not aware on hacking and scamming. So that they scared using of bitcoin they more likely to use fiat money.

Bitcoin is still waiting for the killer app, which would make the underlying details of the transaction irrelevant. People don't know much about TCP/IP, yet they can browse the internet. Bitcoin will have its moment soon.  Smiley

Totally agree with you. People over aged 50+ can use FB or twitter easily w/o knowing how to use computers. We need a (few) killer apps to go BTC mainstream.

And people complaining about BTC is dead , because they waited the price to go $ 5k for a long time and disappointed when it didnt happen. Besides , new participation rate to BTC community has decreased but not zero.

operrajunk74

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:10:55 PM

They have completely lost their mind. They are worried because of its volatile nature which keeps on fluctuating and feel risk to invest in it. Some of them are not aware and not willing to learn about the bitcoins many of them prefer fiat money or investing in gold or stocks.
bandana

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:31:48 PM

peolpes are telling this because most of the peoples surrounded are thinking bitcoin price is low for a long time then usual so that caused peoples to think bitcoin is dead....I think I just made it more confusing with this :p
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:30:39 PM

those are the old generations, new generation are aware on how to use computer and hi-tech devices

bitcoin isn't born to meet old people, some of them are not even willing to learn, we can't do nothing to this

Are you sure? Like am not that old but I know a lot of younger people quite proficient in computers and networking and they don't give a shit about btc, some of them heard some anecdotal stories, but it's like nobody gives a shit about it still, maybe one in 500 hundreds or more, I don't know, maybe even less, unless they have nothing to do and somehow gets involved a bit accidentally like me.  Do you imagine if those cool computer kids would give a damn about btc by default? It would be a revolution tomorrow! Wink

those must be teenagers or very rich people, and it's obvious that they are not interested in bitcoin, the first because they care only about "pussy drug and rock&roll" you know... the latter because well they have already everything

exception are everywhere, but usually old people(above 50 i would say) are too exhausted to start learning new stuff, bitcoin isnt really for them
scryptasicminer

Activity: 213

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:39:15 PM

those must be teenagers or very rich people, and it's obvious that they are not interested in bitcoin, the first because they care only about "pussy drug and rock&roll" you know... the latter because well they have already everything

exception are everywhere, but usually old people(above 50 i would say) are too exhausted to start learning new stuff, bitcoin isnt really for them

The world is shaped by younger generation, older generation who don't keep up will just fade away.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:57:41 PM

i dont think btc is dead. the big raise will come.
when wallstreet go in maybe then will the btc again raise..

Wallstreet is already getting in if you pay attention to whats going on behind closed doors, the thing is it will not translate immediately on the price, which leads to even more frustration, which in return leads to weak hands being shaken. We are still on that period and another dip may happen before we start seeing a solid way up.
gongomanny

Activity: 301

Ɓιтcσιη

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:39:12 PM

I don't think that it is dead, in fact I think that it growing now that people are becoming more educated on it. The lower prices mean more can be bought, and will attract more users. In fact, things are going great for bitcoin - it's getting an increasingly large number of major merchants to accept it and it is securing more mainstream press in general, increasing awareness. The customer base is getting broader as people worldwide have more opportunity to buy Bitcoin thanks to new startups, and better wallets, stronger exchanges, new debit cards, and innovative trading options are being added every day. Just yesterday I saw a new local bitcoin exchange open up, and where I am, it's really, really uncommon to use bitcoin.
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:28:27 AM

I don't think btc is dead, the amount of hash power and wallets are increasing significantly, the price is reasonable now, don't be desperate because of this low price.

You should know btc has risen for a lot compared to early 2013.

We need to be patient, so that we will see btc huge rise again, maybe in 5 years.  Grin Wink

JayCrypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:00:07 PM

But when you think it will rise again? Is this possibility concrete for the next period?
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 12:22:49 PM

headlines like "btc is dead" generate a lot of buzz, bad news always sells better. Even if it's based on hearsay, opinions & in no way even remotely true Smiley
wenben

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:39:32 PM

Every time, for as long as I remember, that I go on bitcointalk, everyone keeps posting "BTC IS DEAD" "SELL" etc... And then a few Sr/Hero members come and explain how thats wrong.

I just don't get it.

Aren't we used to the price fluctuating by now? Whats with all the crying/moaning about price bubbles, crashing, inflations, Russia, China blablablablablablaaaaa!

Jeez... Do some research before posting, I saw one post which got LOADS of attention, yet the first post was done by paint, with an unlabelled graph which showed wrong data!

This is getting to the point where we are affecting newer members or gullible people into selling/dumping all their coins instead of keeping them. I mean when I come on the forum, I see that its crashing, why would I buy in?

I think we need to stop giving the panicking people attention and focus more on positive sides.

Because many people lose a lot of money betting it will go to moon and it didn't happen.
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:10:12 PM

All hearsay, and people who want to manipulate the BTC in order to get to sell them more,or the fact that they are critics who will always contemplate the downfall of cryptocurrency because it irks them that there is such a alternative to Fiat and that that they have no control over it whatsoever. as they understand real money.
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:39:56 PM

But when you think it will rise again? Is this possibility concrete for the next period?

It will rise when it gets used more.
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:42:40 PM

It appears the competition of bitcoin comes from within (blockchain tech).
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:44:50 PM

It appears the competition of bitcoin comes from within (blockchain tech).

Yes. With blockchain tech, you can develop various altcoins. If these coins are maintained well, they will compete with bitcoin. However, if these coins are not superior to bitcoin, I will still use btc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: