Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 06:32:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities!  (Read 145634 times)
iad_xo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:40:14 PM

is hard cap is enough to support all development for this project? Project idea is innovative and looking for DUSK as best project for 2019.  Reputation and STO will change crypto landscape next year as regulation come in play.
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:05:41 PM

If you're expecting the majority of people to read whitepapers, I have to tell you, it's not gonna happen. Unfortunally the majority of people (I'm excluding  whales, of course they gonna read whitepaper and dig into every single person in team) just invest in the hype of the moment, regardless of the whitepaper

I think after lots of scams icos occured in this year(%80 percent of them i recall) people definitely will read the whitepapers of the project they will invest.

We have to do researches before decided to invest in a project not just by reading the whitepaper alone. The team behind it will be important too since nowadays many projects give us fake team members.
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:17:08 PM

For the use of the email or transfer of files for business use, will be charged some fee for such purposes of use?
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 03:21:06 PM

If you're expecting the majority of people to read whitepapers, I have to tell you, it's not gonna happen. Unfortunally the majority of people (I'm excluding  whales, of course they gonna read whitepaper and dig into every single person in team) just invest in the hype of the moment, regardless of the whitepaper

I think after lots of scams icos occured in this year(%80 percent of them i recall) people definitely will read the whitepapers of the project they will invest.

I think the bigger issue is that the ICO “bubble” has popped. You used to be able to invest in any ICO whether it was legit, or ever made a product, and you would make money. Now theres not crazy hype around ICOs so you need to be more sensible. If you do proper research and invest in quality projects, which Dusk seems to be so far, it becomes much safer in the long run.

I am certainly interested in following updates from the Dusk team to see what is in the pipeline.

bkrobottc

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:41:58 PM

This project is an unrestricted, unsurveilled and fully distributed cryptosystem designed for high-rate voice and data communications, enforcing the utmost level of privacy to the partaking peers.
aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:12:47 PM

For the use of the email or transfer of files for business use, will be charged some fee for such purposes of use?
I highly doubt that they will be able to stand the competition if they would have any fee for such sh*t.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:53:27 PM

You want to create anonymous coin like Dash, Monero, etc? Which advantages you have before existing anonymous coins?

Sorry but I fixed your post Grin. I'd like to add all zkSNARKs coins too (zcash, zen, zcl etc....). The advantage imho is that currect privacy coins are just that, currencies, the don't have a layer on top their protocols to just use it for data  (like for example IPFS but anonymous)

Sorry, but I didnt understand qhat you mean by this? Because I dont know much about anonymous coins. Can you explaine in detail please?
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2898
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:57:03 PM

i read only now of this project, which seems very interesting to me, i think I will carefully follow its developments and, first of all, i will read the whitepaper...
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:24:10 PM

I think the bigger issue is that the ICO “bubble” has popped. You used to be able to invest in any ICO whether it was legit, or ever made a product, and you would make money. Now theres not crazy hype around ICOs so you need to be more sensible. If you do proper research and invest in quality projects, which Dusk seems to be so far, it becomes much safer in the long run.

I am certainly interested in following updates from the Dusk team to see what is in the pipeline.

I fully agree with most of what you say.
Last year you just launched any thing and called it an ICO and money flocked in like nothing.
The problem was most of those became bad projects or even scams and people lost trust.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:53:05 PM

If you're expecting the majority of people to read whitepapers, I have to tell you, it's not gonna happen. Unfortunally the majority of people (I'm excluding  whales, of course they gonna read whitepaper and dig into every single person in team) just invest in the hype of the moment, regardless of the whitepaper

Which is not even that bad of an idea, because cryptocurrencies currently derive their value from adoption, ie. the network effect, instead of their scientific rigor and practical use. Prime example being Ethereum which was completely impractical at the height of its popularity. In fact there is an inverse relationship between its level of adoption and performance, although not necessarily in both directions.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:14:47 AM

What will happen to the unsold tokens if there will be any?
Will be they be burned?

Burning the unsold tokens will be better than use it for other things. It will look more fair for both developers and investors as well.

You are right. Not burning the unsold tokens will be like deceiving the investors.

Well, i hate when they don't burn the unsold tokens. But if they told that at day one, it won't be a deceiving.

Still, didn't check dusk network's view so far. I will check the whitepaper about this.

MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:01:18 AM

Will be they be burned?

Burning the unsold tokens will be better than use it for other things. It will look more fair for both developers and investors as well.

You are right. Not burning the unsold tokens will be like deceiving the investors.

Well, i hate when they don't burn the unsold tokens. But if they told that at day one, it won't be a deceiving.

Still, didn't check dusk network's view so far. I will check the whitepaper about this.

I am ok if the unsold tokens will be used in the platform for purposes like marketing and bonuses stuff because we all know the market needs more promotion right now.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:15:18 AM

Will be they be burned?

I am ok if the unsold tokens will be used in the platform for purposes like marketing and bonuses stuff because we all know the market needs more promotion right now.

Yes, as long as they are spent wisely it shouldn't be a problem. The unsold tokens shouldn't go to one  or few person though because they could then dump on the buyers.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:46:26 AM

I highly doubt that they will be able to stand the competition if they would have any fee for such sh*t.

Everyone I know charge for this type of service but, the question is how much with respect to the competition.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 474
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:10:21 AM

How are you guys different than the ENIGMA Protocol? I mean what are the added benefits?

"As it stands, Enigma is not a blockchain but an off-chain network (that currently pegs to the Ethereum Blockchain), offering decentralized private smart contracts and data storage.
Dusk, on the other hand,  is a full fledged cryptocurrency with a novel consensus algorithm (SBA*), peer to peer secure data transfers trough STS technology and the capability to create privacy aware Secure Token Offerings (STOs).
Theoretically, it would be possible to integrate the Enigma protocol on top of the Dusk network."

Basically Enigma could be integrated on any blockchain, even ours
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:10:44 AM

Everyone I know charge for this type of service but, the question is how much with respect to the competition.

We are now past the times when people want their information transferred for free, nowadays safety and anonymity is a huge priority, so people are willing to pay for it.

DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:15:33 AM

Dusk Network and the Privacy Conundrum

Jelle Pol from Dusk Network's Product & Business Dev team was invited to talk about the challenges around privacy in DLT and how Dusk Network is aiming to solve them. Footage from Bitcoin Wednesday, the largest and oldest crypto meet-up in the Netherlands. Thanks to Bitcoin Wednesday and ABN-AMRO for hosting.

Video: https://youtu.be/_GBbH4Jpw1g?t=30

Timestamps
00:00 Introduction
00:58 Start 5 minutes of technical explanation
03:20 Secure Tunnel Switching
05:50 Why privacy? Start non-tech talk.
08:00 Comparison to other consensus mechanisms (POW/POS)
10:00 Protocol
11:05 Digital Asset Transfer (XST-standard)
15:35 Roadmap
16:00 Key takeaways
17:50 end.
19:10 Start Q&A

Twitter Bitcoin Wednesday: https://twitter.com/btc1w/status/1040541640962846720?s=12

How to learn more about Dusk Network
The Dusk Network is a project coordinated by the Dusk Foundation. We are a decentralized ecosystem entirely focused on providing the perfect trade-off between privacy and transparency. Dusk protects privacy and fits regulations in payments, communications and asset transfers.

Please consider joining us at the following media:
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:16:56 AM

Some more explanatory videos would have been better to understand the platform correctly.

Yes, explanatory videos would be helpful for better understanding of the project, I tried to read the whitepaper but it's quite complicated for not so tech-savvy people.

We will are planning to release explanatory videos as well. Maybe even in ELI5 style Wink
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:18:19 AM

Dusk Network and the Privacy Conundrum

Jelle Pol from Dusk Network's Product & Business Dev team was invited to talk about the challenges around privacy in DLT and how Dusk Network is aiming to solve them. Footage from Bitcoin Wednesday, the largest and oldest crypto meet-up in the Netherlands. Thanks to Bitcoin Wednesday and ABN-AMRO for hosting.

Video: https://youtu.be/_GBbH4Jpw1g?t=30

Timestamps
00:00 Introduction
00:58 Start 5 minutes of technical explanation
03:20 Secure Tunnel Switching
05:50 Why privacy? Start non-tech talk.
08:00 Comparison to other consensus mechanisms (POW/POS)
10:00 Protocol
11:05 Digital Asset Transfer (XST-standard)
15:35 Roadmap
16:00 Key takeaways
17:50 end.
19:10 Start Q&A

Twitter Bitcoin Wednesday: https://twitter.com/btc1w/status/1040541640962846720?s=12

How to learn more about Dusk Network
The Dusk Network is a project coordinated by the Dusk Foundation. We are a decentralized ecosystem entirely focused on providing the perfect trade-off between privacy and transparency. Dusk protects privacy and fits regulations in payments, communications and asset transfers.

Please consider joining us at the following media:

Thanks guys, very interesting. Glad to see you're getting around.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:19:50 AM

I am a big believer in rise of the privacy coins, and of their importance in this field, so i am rooting for this... Do you happen to have bounties in this by any change?

I'd love to participate in a bounty and , yes I do agree, that privacy based projects will have success especially in this field.
I just noticed this project and its potential, I hope it's early enough to join me and accompany you. Reward campaigns are often really attractive, as long as well controlled, without exaggeration, would be interesting

Two types of projects are nearly successful all the time, Data related ones and the privacy related one. So there is a big chance that the DUSK will be a success. I'd love to participate in a bounty campaign too.

We'll launch our bounty program later on, currently we're still finalizing some things!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: