Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities!  (Read 145634 times)
iad_xo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:29:30 PM

is privacy feature of dusk going to be cost speed of transactions? in this time TPS is also more important for large scale adoption. How are you guys planning to improve TPS while maintaining privacy same time?
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:41:44 PM

I see there are a few similarities between DUSK and monero's way of handling privacy. Is the codebase forked from monero?
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:12:42 PM

It looks good thanks! How could I invest? I have btc. What should I do?

The sale is done through private placement only. We are selling 250M Dusk for 7.8M USD. This is 50% of the supply. We will consider 100 ETH minimum investments. Please e-mail pledge@dusk.network with your sales proposal. Dusk will give preferential treatment to buyers who have a clear value add to the Dusk Network and its development.

SO you will dont have public sale? 7,8 it was a hrdcap or you didnt sell all tokens? At which exchanges and when tokens will be trading?

Correct, we will not do a public/crowdsale. We are selling all of our tokens in private sale only. We can not conclude any information about potential exchange listings.

Private sale still alive or finished? This is for big companies and institutional investors or which requiments here for participiate?
so the project seems oriented only towards to the big investors, and to a fundraising in the form of private sale, i hope however further in time there will be a chance to partecipate even for small investors...

Recently it became quite popular for projects not to conduct a crowdsale, but only put efforts into attracting big investors. Hope the situations will change soon, so small investors will be able to participate as well.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:14:55 PM

Can your guys publish a comparison of features with other crypto projects that are perceived to be your direct competitors?

Feel free to check out our FAQ, it contains a comparison sheet! https://dusk.network/faq/

In this chart, you seem clearly the most private chain.

But aren't you afraid of governments will cause problems because of untraceable transactions?

batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:23:14 PM

Can your guys publish a comparison of features with other crypto projects that are perceived to be your direct competitors?

Feel free to check out our FAQ, it contains a comparison sheet! https://dusk.network/faq/

But aren't you afraid of governments will cause problems because of untraceable transactions?

Nice question. Frankly I want to know it too whether private chain will cause an untraceable transaction and how the government will react on it.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:26:10 PM

Is there a variant of whitepaper that is easier to understand by a common person, not a mathematician?
Since from what is available, there was only a vague impression that we are talking about some kind of anonymous network.

The Dusk whitepaper is very technical indeed. That comes from the fact that nowadays blockchain whitepapers are nothing more than a business plan full of technical claims that are not substantiated by a carefully laid out analysis or by formal descriptions of the envisioned algorithms. In that regard inspecting the code base, or MPV, is a way to understand the legitimacy of the development efforts and its “progress”. Dusk research paper is exactly the opposite and way more advanced. It goes to a great extent to describe accurately the technology used and the algorithm. You won’t find details of business development or even use cases. This because it is intended as a development manifesto (a proof of concept - similar to what an aforementioned prototype or MPV would prove) of a complete system with all components laid out and specified quite formally. In that sense, by inspecting code you would learn nothing more than what is already laid out quite accurately in the research.

I do not mind a mathematically inclined whitepaper.

But I call out projects that randomly throw in set theory just for shits and giggles. Like Tezos.

That said they did raise a lot of money.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:30:09 PM

Why you compared Polymath and Skrumble if this is not private coins? This is just an ERC tokens... And add please a speed transaction comparison
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:40:18 PM

Why you compared Polymath and Skrumble if this is not private coins? This is just an ERC tokens... And add please a speed transaction comparison
The idea is good, but it can be improved, I hope you can count on the Community for this and answer requests like this. Would it also be interesting to know the future plans for the chain itself, are there plans and / or forecasts? Justify the comparisons
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 04:52:11 PM

Good question, we all know what the governments can do the reach the transaction data or any valuable information so government side is important i think.

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:02:15 PM

Since anyone can build security tokens on top of the Dusk Network, I think that Dusk will ber a direct competitor to Swarm and Polymath. However I'm really bullish on Swarm also because of the governance, ho it will be Dusk's one?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:26:56 PM

Good question, we all know what the governments can do the reach the transaction data or any valuable information so government side is important i think.
For the government sooner or later will have to accept this, in fact the entire crypto-industry is built on anonymity and decentralization.
sge99

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 07:37:37 PM

For the government sooner or later will have to accept this, in fact the entire crypto-industry is built on anonymity and decentralization.

There I have my doubts! Anyway, building a protocol that provides privacy and anonymity and at the same time complying to regulators still sounds contradictory to me.

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2898
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:45:42 PM

interesting question,there are any similar projects? and if so, what are the strengths that will eventually make this project stand out from the others?...
aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:26:37 PM

interesting question,there are any similar projects? and if so, what are the strengths that will eventually make this project stand out from the others?...
Well, there were previously projects dealing with data transferring but I do not know how are they now...
webwakko

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 07:07:18 AM

Ok, just had a look at the comparisation-sheet.. wow..
If you guys pull this off.. well.. count me in as investor. but like some other ideas on the blockchain, waiting to see the first results / proof of existance Wink

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:22:33 AM

Thanks for the above.
Any plans to do an public Airdrop for getting more attention to the project?
Some projects have benefited from this.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 474
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:01:32 AM

is privacy feature of dusk going to be cost speed of transactions? in this time TPS is also more important for large scale adoption. How are you guys planning to improve TPS while maintaining privacy same time?

More than TPS, which is a meaningless measure when in presence of an adaptive block size, it makes more sense to speak about throughput. Early experimentation shows that we can achieve extreme throughput by propagating block and block hashes separately (and worry about consistency later, as reconciliation would be indeed a separate matter). In this case it would not be excluded a throughput roughly 10^2 that of Bitcoin. This expectation is dependent on a lot of configuration throttling, as it would be connected to a few implementation choices. The most important of which are probably the ring signature size and the flavour of proof range used (bulletproof being my first candidate)
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:04:56 AM

I see there are a few similarities between DUSK and monero's way of handling privacy. Is the codebase forked from monero?

Dusk utilizes a different consensus mechanism.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:07:20 AM

Because we also focus on private p2p communication and asset transfer capabilities, which those projects do as well  Wink
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:10:34 AM

There I have my doubts! Anyway, building a protocol that provides privacy and anonymity and at the same time complying to regulators still sounds contradictory to me.

This is a misconception. In democratic societies, privacy is very well accepted and even enforced at legislative levels by policy makers. An example is the GDPR. Another is the SEC enforcing secrecy to trading bodies in the stock market to prevent price manipulation. The Dusk Network provides the same level of privacy enforced by regulators. Only, it eliminates the “trusted third party” and returns the power of disclosure directly to the user.

For instance, in the case of payment, it is the responsibility of the wallet holder to show the details of the transactions on request of the auditors (by providing a view-key). In the use case of security, compliant confidentiality is achieved with KYC built in the protocol and the use of zero knowledge accumulators to keep the whitelist confidential.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: