Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:14:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cypherfunks[FUNK]: a coin for a global band! Talking v2. Join! 80+ songs  (Read 148689 times)
kamakura

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:38:47 PM

Hi everyone,

I would like to take over and develop the FUNK Coin.
According to a post by shavers (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469407.1820) i should contact Simondlr, but i get error message while i try
to send PM :-(
"User 'simondlr' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting."

@Simondlr: Would you give the FUNK Coin to me?

Thanks & best regards
ZeroCool

Why not fork FUNK, then you don't need anyone's permission and you can do what you want?

Are you interested just in the coin, or the music too? I can't see the point of FUNK without the music.

I guess anyone can create a fork of any coin!!!! Why one needs permission?

Moreover, ppl like these airdrops, see ZCL case when they created BTCP!!!!

If there is a developer team anyone can do that!!!! But without active devs noting happens!!!!

The most valuable thing about FUNK atm is the Cryptopia listing. That's 5 BTC's worth. Anyone considering to fork/swap would probably need their support, because if they keep the old chain on Cryptopia, I'm guessing that will remain more popular because it has the best exchange.

Listing on Cryptopia is more than 5btc-s, it is 5M of DOTs, at the current price of 262 sat it is about 13btcs, and most likely it will go up.
In terms of advertising it is easier to continue with old chain and history.

The idea is to FORK FUNK before Airdrop. This way SONIC team is completely clean and more trustful, and if they make any apps, or platforms they can include both coins, why not?
If you hold both chains, your interest is that both chains rise in value.

If ZeroCool is a good dev, why not. Let him run original chain. I would just like to know who he is. It helps credibility.

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:11:07 AM

Oo Cryptopia will usually delist a coin if it is to do a swap ...  ...

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
soundposition

Activity: 322
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 04:02:22 PM

CoinMarketCap has relisted FUNK as active in the markets.

I'm an Operational Support Manager representative of GameCredits
  GameCredits Facebook   GameCredits Twitter   GameCredits G+
DataAnalyst

Activity: 117
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:29:39 PM

Yup, 8 days ago, after I sent them the request.
cryptoctrader

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:41:03 AM

Great news!!! Why they delisted it when it was in BTC market at Cryptopia!!!!
cryptoctrader

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:47:50 AM

Listing on Cryptopia is more than 5btc-s, it is 5M of DOTs, at the current price of 262 sat it is about 13btcs, and most likely it will go up.
In terms of advertising it is easier to continue with old chain and history.

The idea is to FORK FUNK before Airdrop. This way SONIC team is completely clean and more trustful, and if they make any apps, or platforms they can include both coins, why not?
If you hold both chains, your interest is that both chains rise in value.

If ZeroCool is a good dev, why not. Let him run original chain. I would just like to know who he is. It helps credibility.

Actually cryptocommunity, mainly the noobs, like airdrops!!!!

So, if you promisse do airdrop the new coin SONIC (SONIQ) to FUNK holders at lauching, there will probably be I run to buy FUNK just to get the new coin!!!

I think this would be a wonderfull thing for both the new coin that would be expected and atract many outsiders, and for the current FUNK holders!!!!

And no burn would be necessary!!!

Let FUNK rocks!!!
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:39:34 PM

Can we please get clarity on one thing: Will there be a swap or a fork?

It's a pretty big deal, since I keep my FUNK on Cryptopia. If there is a fork, I need to move them to a private wallet asap! If it's a swap, I can leave them on Cryptopia...

dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:41:38 PM

Hi everyone,

According to a post by shavers (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469407.1820) i should contact Simondlr, but i get error message while i try
"User 'simondlr' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting."

Thanks & best regards
ZeroCool

Why not fork FUNK, then you don't need anyone's permission and you can do what you want?

Are you interested just in the coin, or the music too? I can't see the point of FUNK without the music.

If there is a developer team anyone can do that!!!! But without active devs noting happens!!!!

The most valuable thing about FUNK atm is the Cryptopia listing. That's 5 BTC's worth. Anyone considering to fork/swap would probably need their support, because if they keep the old chain on Cryptopia, I'm guessing that will remain more popular because it has the best exchange.

Aren't they even asking for additional fees if you are going to make a fork or swap and they need to do their maintenance work?

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
shavers

Activity: 439
Merit: 288

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:27:53 PM

Things are setting into place within Soniq team. Soon we'll open our Discord for community. Within a month we will launch a website, publish the whitepaper, open up for community, introduce our current team to y'all here, start a separate thread, and finally start burn process. It's quite likely we will also announce Soniq's first exchange but nothing is set in stone yet.
Ah, also, our devs will fix current FUNK source and provide you with updated version of clients. That doesn't mean we'll continue FUNK development, it's just a bug they spotted and intend to fix.
Again, whoever is willing and competent enough to take over FUNK development is more than welcome. Smiley

Aber wie willst du denn einmal sterben, Narziß, wenn du doch keine Mutter hast?
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:51:20 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks & best regards
ZeroCool

Good point, having an exchange listing in this era of kyc for dev teams is a definite advantage. I hope someine keeps the FUNK alive, but the whole point was the music, and unless that continues then it's really all about, 'keeping the speculation alive', which isn't going to get George Clinton or Bootsy Collins excited.
cryptoctrader

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:48:28 PM

Things are setting into place within Soniq team. Soon we'll open our Discord for community. Within a month we will launch a website, publish the whitepaper, open up for community, introduce our current team to y'all here, start a separate thread, and finally start burn process. It's quite likely we will also announce Soniq's first exchange but nothing is set in stone yet.
Ah, also, our devs will fix current FUNK source and provide you with updated version of clients. That doesn't mean we'll continue FUNK development, it's just a bug they spotted and intend to fix.
Again, whoever is willing and competent enough to take over FUNK development is more than welcome. Smiley

Great news, both to SONIQ and FUNK.

I think both swapping FUNK for SONIQ and keeping FUNK alive will be good for the community.
kamakura

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:21:32 PM

I think both swapping FUNK for SONIQ and keeping FUNK alive will be good for the community.

Ain't gonna happen.They want to burn FUNK. Read 2 posts above.
cryptoctrader

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:09:20 AM

Ain't gonna happen.They want to burn FUNK. Read 2 posts above.

This shows how much ppl like airdrop!!!

Look at this HEXX coin, promissing to airdrop a BTCZ coin: https://coinmarketcal.com/images/proof/0473e8f70d936dc7b9851e9bd61b4d86.png
https://coinmarketcal.com/?form[coin][]=BitcoinZ%20(BTCZ)&form[sort_by]=created_desc

Though there is already a coin that uses the abbreviation BTCZ.

Now, look at its pump: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hexx/#charts

Ppl really like airdrop!!!!
soundposition

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 12:15:13 PM

Let me clarify some things. When you burn a coins supply, it reduces it's supply it doesn't eliminate it. In this case due to the low volume of FUNK, a supply reduction will actually solve a lot of it's economic problems. FUNK will continue to exist, merely it's supply will be reduced, making each FUNK more rare and hence potentially more valuable.

Airdrops are nice for investors, or people who don't want to take any risks but they also encourage dumping which can harm the economics of the coin. We prefer an EarnDrop where each person that does something to support the project is rewarded with some tokens. It encourages people as an incentive to do something beneficial to support the project. It's not something we have decided yet, however it's an important consideration.

Delphinus

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:09:10 PM

Let me clarify some things. When you burn a coins supply, it reduces it's supply it doesn't eliminate it. In this case due to the low volume of FUNK, a supply reduction will actually solve a lot of it's economic problems. FUNK will continue to exist, merely it's supply will be reduced, making each FUNK more rare and hence potentially more valuable.

Airdrops are nice for investors, or people who don't want to take any risks but they also encourage dumping which can harm the economics of the coin. We prefer an EarnDrop where each person that does something to support the project is rewarded with some tokens. It encourages people as an incentive to do something beneficial to support the project. It's not something we have decided yet, however it's an important consideration.

So we'll send FUNK tokens to a burn address (good for the remaining FUNK) and get SONIC for them (good for new project).

Sounds like a win-win for both projects  Cheesy

soundposition

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:20:25 PM

So we'll send FUNK tokens to a burn address (good for the remaining FUNK) and get SONIC for them (good for new project).

Sounds like a win-win for both projects  Cheesy

Exactly! You've got it!

kamakura

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:34:09 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 08:18:06 PM by kamakura

Sounds like a win-win for both projects  Cheesy

Beside coins are not actually burned, they are just going to be held by whoever has 'burning' address, and could be brought back to the market (at the higher price).

They kind of enforcing sonic, which is not good for people that want to hold coin (funk) instead of token (sonic).

Why not have both?

EDIT:

Lets use appropriate terms first. There is no burn at all, there is a COLLECTION and that is different.
Burn would consider releasing a new wallet with updated core. Such release would have to be a hard fork, and require exchanges update as well. Cryptopia would have to update the wallet too. That would be a burn.

What they are doing is COLLECTING  the FUNK coins. If something is collected it means it could be released back to the market.
So what they are trying to do is to collect as much FUNK as possible to have control over it, and then to give newly printed tokens to the people in some ratio.
Once FUNK is collected it could be easily pumped, and it will look that some other guys and not SONIC team is doing it.

It is not the most honest way of doing things.
shavers

Activity: 439
Merit: 288

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:56:36 PM

Beside coins are not actually burned, they are just going to be held by whoever has 'burning' address, and could be brought back to the market (at the higher price).

They kind of enforcing sonic, which is not good for people that want to hold coin (funk) instead of token (sonic).

Why not have both?

EDIT:

Lets use appropriate terms first. There is no burn at all, there is a COLLECTION and that is different.
Burn would consider releasing a new wallet with updated core. Such release would have to be a hard fork, and require exchanges update as well. Cryptopia would have to update the wallet too. That would be a burn.

What they are doing is COLLECTING  the FUNK coins. If something is collected it means it could be released back to the market.
So what they are trying to do is to collect as much FUNK as possible to have control over it, and then to give newly printed tokens to the people in some ratio.
Once FUNK is collected it could be easily pumped, and it will look that some other guys and not SONIC team is doing it.

Wrong. FUNK will be burned for real actually. Those who decide to burn it for Soniq will have to send FUNK to unspendable address. Those addresses will be published and they lack private key, so the coins will be deducted from supply for good.

Aber wie willst du denn einmal sterben, Narziß, wenn du doch keine Mutter hast?
soundposition

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 12:37:56 AM

Why not have both?

EDIT:

Wrong. FUNK will be burned for real actually. Those who decide to burn it for Soniq will have to send FUNK to unspendable address. Those addresses will be published and they lack private key, so the coins will be deducted from supply for good.

That's correct. A burn means that the coins are sent to an UNSPENDABLE address, which means they cannot be brought back into the market.

Delphinus

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:38:10 AM

Why not have both?

EDIT:

That's correct. A burn means that the coins are sent to an UNSPENDABLE address, which means they cannot be brought back into the market.

I would be worried if the "burn address" would look like something randomly generated, however as long as it's similar to FUNKSONICSWAPXXXX00000 than it's impossible for someone to hold the private key for it.

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: