Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:41:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 [878] 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509631 times)
artiface

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:42:45 AM

I was asked why blackcoin is so unique, besides pos.     I was going to mention the fast transaction times, but some think this is just a simple mod like litecoin ?     Seems impressive to me but is there any other utility this coin brings that I could say in defence of the realm of bc
None that I'm aware of and when I mentioned that BC really is just another scrypt coin in the chat, I sure caught a lot of flack! lol, I wasn't trying to insult anyone... but there is some crazed BC fans in there,,, hey if the payout is good I'm all in, I am considering outright buying some BC along with mining concept BC Pool

A nice discussion of what really makes blackcoin stand out.  

http://blackcointalk.com/index.php/topic,1004.0.html

This bubble popping is a good thing.  We want real organic growth not pumps. The community is still strong and the coin is still up 600% from a couple days ago...   Coin kite is still months away, and by then the value will be much higher.   Don't panic on market turbulence, best strategy is to buy, mine, hold. This coin is only going up long term.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:44:18 AM

Any guesses about what the super-secret mystery news is?

A Blackcoin exchange controlled by the Blackcoin developers perhaps?

he he that would be supper profitable.. reinvest the profit to buy black coin... full circle pump!

I am working on something much much better than that. Its all I work on all day just coding. It will change all of crypto. It will make nxt and ripple look like crap and it will be cross platform decentralized etc. No middle coin. Anyways, no more hints! Just wait and see. But I will be sure to support Blackcoin in my platform first. The first version is for Bitcoin but I am working hard to get it out as fast as possible hopefully in a couple weeks. I will do an announcement here when its done. Its not an altcoin either. But I dont want to do it for Bitcoin I have no choice thats the best market for now. I want to make my version for Blackcoin but have not looked at the source yet. Its another month of work to get it for them. By that time BC will probably be 5 dollars hahaha.
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:46:41 AM

he he that would be supper profitable.. reinvest the profit to buy black coin... full circle pump!

I am working on something much much better than that. Its all I work on all day just coding. It will change all of crypto. It will make nxt and ripple look like crap and it will be cross platform decentralized etc. No middle coin. Anyways, no more hints! Just wait and see. But I will be sure to support Blackcoin in my platform first. The first version is for Bitcoin but I am working hard to get it out as fast as possible hopefully in a couple weeks. I will do an announcement here when its done. Its not an altcoin either. But I dont want to do it for Bitcoin I have no choice thats the best market for now. I want to make my version for Blackcoin but have not looked at the source yet. Its another month of work to get it for them. By that time BC will probably be 5 dollars hahaha.

Look forward to supporting and hearing more Smiley
buy-black

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 01:47:02 AM

Very exciting times ahead for BC.  I think the sooner the better..  This is a race and we do not want to loose momentum.  

BC + XC + DRK
IamMoudy

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:48:29 AM

I have a question with the 1% interest if anyone can answer. I have just under 2k blackcoins, now I know yearly it equates to I think it was 1.01% interest earned. But lets say I keep them in the exchange, Mintpal. Will that 1% just goto Mintpal or will it be credited to my account? If it does goto MintPal, does that not mean that they are going to make beyond bank on this coin? I see this coin reaching upwards of $10 in the next few months....so should exchange rates then in turn be lowered because exchange will be getting 1% on all coins exchanged anyways as they have the master wallet.

I am just curious. I know in the short term it shouldn't matter, but if an exchange has 10 million coins in it's wallet, that means every year they will get 100k in coins. and at $10 that is already $1 million USD say the coin reaches extreme heights of $100, we are looking at giving the exchange $10 million dollars a year on top of exchange rates for the coin.
btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:49:12 AM

I was asked why blackcoin is so unique, besides pos.     I was going to mention the fast transaction times, but some think this is just a simple mod like litecoin ?     Seems impressive to me but is there any other utility this coin brings that I could say in defence of the realm of bc
None that I'm aware of and when I mentioned that BC really is just another scrypt coin in the chat, I sure caught a lot of flack! lol, I wasn't trying to insult anyone... but there is some crazed BC fans in there,,, hey if the payout is good I'm all in, I am considering outright buying some BC along with mining concept BC Pool

A nice discussion of what really makes blackcoin stand out. 

http://blackcointalk.com/index.php/topic,1004.0.html

This bubble popping is a good thing.  We want real organic growth not pumps. The community is still strong and the coin is still up 600% from a couple days ago...   Coin kite is still months away, and by then the value will be much higher.   Don't panic on market turbulence, best strategy is to buy, mine, hold. This coin is only going up long term. 

I agree with this. In fact, we have had a few of these dumps already, usually after a big price increase. I just wanted to add that the price has always stabilized after the dumps and then later went up.

One other thing I might add that is also a factor in the price going up. That is that the BlackCoin Pool is at 11.5 GH/s. That is about 10 times as much as just a few days ago. That translates into that many more BC being bought.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:49:40 AM

The pool is just giving you bc instead of btc.   There are a few switching pools and they track difficulty of coins to mine the best value then convert it.  The benefit here is you dont waste time holding other coins

I was asked why blackcoin is so unique, besides pos.     I was going to mention the fast transaction times, but some think this is just a simple mod like litecoin ?     Seems impressive to me but is there any other utility this coin brings that I could say in defence of the realm of bc

Of course! It cant be 51% attacked. Proof of Work is stupid and insecure! Proof of Stake is better. Peercoin had the right idea they just did POW/POS hybrid. They also did not treat crypto like a business. Sunny King went MIA and now he is seeing his baby boom with another coin. Its his loss. The Blackcoin devs knew all this and put their heart into the coin. So Blackcoin can overtake Litecoin and Bitcoin better watch out. The multipool can easily eat the orderbook. Can you imagine where there are tons of Blackcoin multipools just mining every POW coin? Its sick. POW does not stand a chance against POS. Only Bitcoin and Blackcoin can survive this. Other coins will be forced down.
I agree with all that, and even was joking earlier that some say BC is the next BTC..... we shall see?

Wait until you see what I am writing for Bitcoin you will shit your pants ahahah. After I'm finished I roll it out for Blackcoin and any other coin that I think I should code for(its open source anyways but each coin will have to be a bit different.) Im so excited i can just burst. I want to talk to Soekip or Iconic expert soon... they dont know me yet but they will. Im his biggest fan! This coin may not overtake Bitcoin but it will rock Crypto. We have not seen its meteoric rise yet. And besides if it falls my software will make people shit themselves. When I design my second program I guarantee Bitcoin will have to answer to the altcoin market.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:51:16 AM

I have a question with the 1% interest if anyone can answer. I have just under 2k blackcoins, now I know yearly it equates to I think it was 1.01% interest earned. But lets say I keep them in the exchange, Mintpal. Will that 1% just goto Mintpal or will it be credited to my account? If it does goto MintPal, does that not mean that they are going to make beyond bank on this coin? I see this coin reaching upwards of $10 in the next few months....so should exchange rates then in turn be lowered because exchange will be getting 1% on all coins exchanged anyways as they have the master wallet.

I am just curious. I know in the short term it shouldn't matter, but if an exchange has 10 million coins in it's wallet, that means every year they will get 100k in coins. and at $10 that is already $1 million USD say the coin reaches extreme heights of $100, we are looking at giving the exchange $10 million dollars a year on top of exchange rates for the coin.

Yes Mintpal does in fact "Mint" your Blackcoins. As they should they work their asses off to make the exchange secure. Good for them I hope they make millions.
heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:52:10 AM

The pool is just giving you bc instead of btc.   There are a few switching pools and they track difficulty of coins to mine the best value then convert it.  The benefit here is you dont waste time holding other coins

I was asked why blackcoin is so unique, besides pos.     I was going to mention the fast transaction times, but some think this is just a simple mod like litecoin ?     Seems impressive to me but is there any other utility this coin brings that I could say in defence of the realm of bc

Of course! It cant be 51% attacked. Proof of Work is stupid and insecure! Proof of Stake is better. Peercoin had the right idea they just did POW/POS hybrid. They also did not treat crypto like a business. Sunny King went MIA and now he is seeing his baby boom with another coin. Its his loss. The Blackcoin devs knew all this and put their heart into the coin. So Blackcoin can overtake Litecoin and Bitcoin better watch out. The multipool can easily eat the orderbook. Can you imagine where there are tons of Blackcoin multipools just mining every POW coin? Its sick. POW does not stand a chance against POS. Only Bitcoin and Blackcoin can survive this. Other coins will be forced down.
I agree with all that, and even was joking earlier that some say BC is the next BTC..... we shall see?

Wait until you see what I am writing for Bitcoin you will shit your pants ahahah. After I'm finished I roll it out for Blackcoin and any other coin that I think I should code for(its open source anyways but each coin will have to be a bit different.) Im so excited i can just burst. I want to talk to Soekip or Iconic expert soon... they dont know me yet but they will. Im his biggest fan! This coin may not overtake Bitcoin but it will rock Crypto. We have not seen its meteoric rise yet. And besides if it falls my software will make people shit themselves. When I design my second program I guarantee Bitcoin will have to answer to the altcoin market.

jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:52:29 AM

hey men you might want to get in contact with him

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563990.0

you two could be a great addition to each other, and he would be glad to have some good ideas and people aboard Wink
hellyeahent

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:53:52 AM

I did the same - buy + mining (+33% more btc from mining for me ,swiched from doge). When I bought - 1 month before that BC was 18 (!!) times cheaper. Thats scared me a little. And I bought and..... Lost 20% 1st day xD

but.. now (60000sat) its 7 times higher when I bought "expensive" . I did that coz I liked pos + multipool concept + devs are very good + hype (and hype in cryptoland is important too) + its accoplished (good word ? ) A LOT in such a short time.. + exciting news everyday/2 days Smiley
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:55:44 AM

I have 3200 BC  that is it so no big deal for me...  but I still want to help this coin reach its maximum potential.

I have been watching this coin for only 5 days and it sure as hell has been very, very exciting.  But I am one of those people that don't trust anybody and will plaster here my paranoia for all to scrutinize.

1. The stakes on this Coin are HUGE..  anything is possible...  I would strongly suggest that if you are a strong believer of this coin you take ALL OF YOUR COINS out of the market so no one can play with them,  or borrow them, or steal them to manipulate the market.  In Wall Street this is called shorting a stock and is used by big players to manipulate the market.  The market manipulation can destroy the confidence and also crush a stock or in this case a coin.

2. This kind of manipulation can come from someone with lots of funds who also believes in the coin and is willing to take it to extremes.  For example this coin could be dumped back down to 5 satoshi and kept there until he accumulates all of the weak holders coins.  When the capitulation volume is reached then he brings the price back up and will be much richer WHALE!  Now if you combine this with such factors as tiny market and an exchange not able to function with such huge volumes... you are looking at some very dangerous situations.

I hope that I am wrong about this but since crypto is not regulated like a real stock market...  I think anything is possible and the risk is too high.

3. This kind of manipulation could also come from the opposite angle.  Assuming again someone with big funds wants to kill this coin so that HIS coin can be the one that shines above all.  Imagine the same scenario of SHORTING this tiny baby and selling the coin until panic and all psychological damage destroys the confidence while his coin rises above all.

Again I hope I am wrong but crypto is not regulated and anything can happen.  Today volume and price manipulation reminded me of wall street shorting actions.

MY SUGGESTION:  If you are a strong believer of this coin please remove your coins from the market and put them safely away so no one can touch them until this has matured!

First, you can't short cryptos directly and second, no single "whale" has enough BC to dump to take it down to 5 sat.

How do you know that you cant short cryptos?  Who guarantees that fair game is being played?  YOU?

I said directly. Read better.

I read correctly but who are you assure people that cryptos can not be shorted?

you can short BTC at plus500 and bitfinex

you can also go short on any trade by going long on the opposite side of the currency pair

Cheesy

not really.. if a whale is squeezing out weak hands then we know one things for certain.. he intends to take the price up to extremes at some point.

havent had time to catch up on the thread.. just woke up.. but if anyone hasnt said it.. im pretty sure the press release is the reason for this volatility. all the people who mined blackcoin when it was minable, who dont pay attention to this thread etc, seeeing blackcoin in the news and realizing they can cash out thousands of dollars are dumping.
so..

catch!
Throwing some quick numbers we have traded 14.8 million coins today that is something like 20% of the total 74 million...  That seems way more than I would expect to be as liquid coins at the market.  I think shorting this coin is very possible given these numbers no?

it's not necessarily 15million.. it could be only 5 million trading back and forth if u get my drift. but significant trading nonetheless. on the run up to this point though we may have already absorbed about 50million coins which are being held by investors who bought up along the way. if there was any shorting im sure it was planned beforehand and that's what assisted the buy up to 50ksatoshi. from here on in it's about early investors spreading across the market to new investors before we can take it to 100k. if we have more violent swings like today over the week, then there'll be less resistance at the 100ksatoshi mark and we could blow past it.. just my 2 cents.

but dont hold me to anything ive said, it's just an educated guess as u know how predicting markets can be.. i believe at least though.. we have rid the coin of any psychological attachments to 50k satoshi. ppl want to sell and are willing to buy past the 55k mark. an indication that the market sees these coins as currently undervalued. tomorrow or the day after for 100k satoshi depending on john miner's response to hearing the current price of blackcoin.

a bit bummed atm, missed the dip and opportunity to multiply coins and recover what was lost due to mintpal delays. but ill wing it i guess. "i went black.." lol
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:00:51 AM

Very exciting times ahead for BC.  I think the sooner the better..  This is a race and we do not want to loose momentum.  

This is just the beginning. I am working my ass off. With all that said, I gotta get back to coding! When my program comes out for Bitcoin it will replace all other Bitcoin clients (and there will be so many goddamn uses it will make etherium jealous) and I will be sure to mention Blackcoin. Because Blackcoin is faster, I really really badly want to code my 2.0 for blackcoin. There is a second project in the works too that will use my concepts from the first program and go cross platform for coins etc so exchanges and especially nxt and ripple will have to deal with it. They are not really decentralized but mine is. Its going to really fucking rock crypto. So trust me, its not going anywhere.
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:01:04 AM

Yes Mintpal does in fact "Mint" your Blackcoins. As they should they work their asses off to make the exchange secure. Good for them I hope they make millions.

Actually, they don't.  But that is exactly why I prefer them.  They keep most of their coins in cold storage - so those are not staking for anyone.  Cryptsy does stake theirs and they pay out that stake to portfolios on there (at least that's what I was told - I don't trade on that site because it has way too many delays with withdrawals for my taste).

So only the hot wallet at Mintpal is active - and it won't stake either most likely because the coins have to stay put for more than 8 hours just to have a chance to stake.

Well, the fact that it's pure PoS is a big part of it... another part is the appropriate mintage - more than Bitcoin, but far less than most PoW coins.  Transaction speed is key, as is the fact that the devs are active and responsive - not just rat4 (coin dev) but the pool(s) and wallets, etc.  And as far as your comment on speed is concerned... no LTC and BTC could never have a 10 second rate... it's not possible with PoW.

But without a doubt the biggest difference is community.  Until it blew up you could really see something different just by getting to know those involved.  The issue is that you can't really 'market' that aspect - people have to realize it for themselves.  Those of us that realized it earlier, will naturally profit more - but there's plenty of room to go IMO.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:04:43 AM

you two could be a great addition to each other, and he would be glad to have some good ideas and people aboard Wink

Thank you.. I will shortly. He will know me. I just have to finish coding. Its going to be a few weeks and when its released I will contact them. But my program will also end the china discussion. Chinese will be able to buy crypto no matter what govt does. Its a really serious project. Im so happy. Thank you so much for the link. This month is going to be so wild!
BITCOINBLUES

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:08:28 AM

dzimbeck, dude your so on crack cocaine!
IamMoudy

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:10:14 AM

I read earlier in this thread somewhere that someone thinks that BC will hit $1 by Sunday, what does everyone else think?
heartthew

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:10:32 AM

Thank you.. I will shortly. He will know me. I just have to finish coding. Its going to be a few weeks and when its released I will contact them. But my program will also end the china discussion. Chinese will be able to buy crypto no matter what govt does. Its a really serious project. Im so happy. Thank you so much for the link. This month is going to be so wild!

You had my attention 90% - but now that you make the China claim, you have it 150% - Make it so, my friend!
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:18:47 AM

I read earlier in this thread somewhere that someone thinks that BC will hit $1 by Sunday, what does everyone else think?

would be great but I don't see that happening now, maybe after may and after coinkite gots the BC ball rolling etc..
StoryHack

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:20:13 AM

Due to the recent, uhhh, fluctuations in the price of BC, I just updated my little script so you can set the price in BC or USD. If you set it to USD, the price will be converted to BC at the processor.

For those who missed it a couple of days ago, BCCP PHP is a free simple script to help you automatically sell a digital product for blackcoin. It is super simple to set up, and uses coinpayments.net as the processor. Once a user's payment is verified, they are automatically send a download link. Downloads are available for as many days as you want after a user's purchase.

You can check it out here: http://www.storyhack.com/bccp
Pages: « 1 ... 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 [878] 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: