Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:42:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509631 times)
Geode

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:37:38 PM

Why diversify into MINT when they are having issues, big ones?

only sane thing you have said

I disagree. My previous post was valid and wasn't just "me liking the sound of my own voice."

If a whale were to dump into MINT, it could pull the price down to 1 satoshi. The whale can keep holding down the price for a few days. What's the point you say? The point isn't the price dropping. It is the distrust that it will create in MINT. Other people will not like the crash, they will question it and even fear it. That is the nature of FUD. FUD isn't just telling people that a coin is unsafe like with the PoW/PoS hack. Fear is also something that seems like everyone is jumping ship. Dumping creates an artificial panick.

If my post has helped you in some way, please consider donating-Blackcoin: BRJLA6cgXyyYaDfetVoSpo8pNmQDRAfuPA
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kana

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:39:16 PM

ANyone having problems with blackcoinpool?
Geode

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:44:01 PM

I'm sorry to say, but can we please stop with the BC vs. Mint BS.

Cheers

If the same people that are ALWAYS starting crap in Mintcoins forums quits I'm fine with it and will move on too and let you guys scam whoever you please although I don't feel it's right I cant save the world. Also the crap this morning about attack shit was a bit much and it would be nice if blackcoin folks were trying to be helpful but from history one can't make such assumptions.

I don't think it is right for you to call scam right away. It goes both ways. Attack on MINT and attack on BC. Each coin has their merits.

If my post has helped you in some way, please consider donating-Blackcoin: BRJLA6cgXyyYaDfetVoSpo8pNmQDRAfuPA
noerc

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:44:10 PM

Yeah the miners page isn't accessible. But shares seem to get accepted, so its probably nothing to worry about.
juyeoul69

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:52:39 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 01:08:22 PM by juyeoul69

So in summary. Mintcoin has an attack demonstrated against it which proves it is vulnerable.

Blackcoin has suffered no attacks because it is PoS only and no known attacks have been made against the protocol. Yes an exchange was hacked but lots of exchanges get hacked especially bitcoin ones.
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:54:00 PM

So, MINT is kinda weak right now and it's probably a good time to strike. Hypothetically, let's say a whale with a lot of MINT and BTC wanted to destroy MINT, what would he have to do? I don't think it is as simple as just dumping MINT into the ground, is it? If the whale were to buy up some BC, then dump on MINT, would that mean the MINT bagholders will drop their holdings and maybe move into BC, thereby pushing BC to the moon? I'm getting the feeling that BC is superior to MINT because we have a better community and better dev, rat4, who looks for problems to fix, whether it benefits BC or not.

I doubt MINT can be killed right now but it can be crippled to the point of no longer registering on the radar. PANDA was an example of this.

Hypothetically, It's an operation that requires say 10 large MINT bagholders who have purchased MINT when it was around 4 Satoshi or under. They would then pool their coins into a single Mintpal account keeping track of the proportion each has contributed. They would need around 357,300,000 MINT. They would then, in one go, without warning, fill every buy order down to 4 Satoshi. This would create mass panic and leave some with orders at 5 satoshi elated while others who bought at 20 will be fuming. What that does, as shown by Wolong with PANDA coin, is turn the distribution upside down. Those who placed low ball offers with a little bitcoin now have more Mint than those with 5 times more BTC. People will say "This is bullshit! Some asshole with .75BTC has more MINT in one second than me with 4BTC and months of daytrading - fuck this coin! I'm out"

The coin would slowly self destruct from that point, at 5 satoshi and under Mint would disappear off the radar as just another defunct altcoin.

While this is happening the BTC proceeds are divided up by the person in control of the Mintpal account and sent to their respective owners in proportion to the amount of MINT they have contributed to the scheme.

That BTC could then be put into Blackcoin straight away buying up all the cheap coins, with price skyrocketing at the demise of MINT.

The reason this would cripple MINT and not kill it is because there would still be those with religious attachment to the coin who would keep it alive on life support - much like the KARMA guys or the TIPS guys.

I wouldn't condone such an operation but that is how it could be done, hypothetically speaking.

brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:58:42 PM

So, MINT is kinda weak right now and it's probably a good time to strike. Hypothetically, let's say a whale with a lot of MINT and BTC wanted to destroy MINT, what would he have to do? I don't think it is as simple as just dumping MINT into the ground, is it? If the whale were to buy up some BC, then dump on MINT, would that mean the MINT bagholders will drop their holdings and maybe move into BC, thereby pushing BC to the moon? I'm getting the feeling that BC is superior to MINT because we have a better community and better dev, rat4, who looks for problems to fix, whether it benefits BC or not.

I doubt MINT can be killed right now but it can be crippled to the point of no longer registering on the radar. PANDA was an example of this.

Hypothetically, It's an operation that requires say 10 large MINT bagholders who have purchased MINT when it was around 4 Satoshi or under. They would then pool their coins into a single Mintpal account keeping track of the proportion each has contributed. They would need around 357,300,000 MINT. They would then, in one go, without warning, fill every buy order down to 4 Satoshi. This would create mass panic and leave some with orders at 5 satoshi elated while others who bought at 20 will be fuming. What that does, as shown by Wolong with PANDA coin, is turn the distribution upside down. Those who placed low ball offers with a little bitcoin now have more Mint than those with 5 times more BTC. People will say "This is bullshit! Some asshole with .75BTC has more MINT in one second than me with 4BTC and months of daytrading - fuck this coin! I'm out"

The coin would slowly self destruct from that point, at 5 satoshi and under Mint would disappear off the radar as just another defunct altcoin.

While this is happening the BTC proceeds are divided up by the person in control of the Mintpal account and sent to their respective owners in proportion to the amount of MINT they have contributed to the scheme.

That BTC could then be put into Blackcoin straight away buying up all the cheap coins, with price skyrocketing at the demise of MINT.

The reason this would cripple MINT and not kill it is because there would still be those with religious attachment to the coin who would keep it alive on life support - much like the KARMA guys or the TIPS guys.

I wouldn't condone such an operation but that is how it could be done, hypothetically speaking.

Interesting theory. I'd like to smoke some of what you are smoking...
Geode

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:59:54 PM

Interesting, and no one here has enough MINT to help out? I sold off some MINT and bought a ton of BC. But, I still need to offload my MINT. I would like a good price for MINT though and a good place would be when BC is low so that I can increase my BC postion.

LOL Karmacoin.

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:05:29 PM

Interesting, and no one here has enough MINT to help out? I sold off some MINT and bought a ton of BC. But, I still need to offload my MINT. I would like a good price for MINT though and a good place would be when BC is low so that I can increase my BC postion.

LOL Karmacoin.

Why would anyone with big MINT holding want to destroy it?

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:05:43 PM

I'm sorry to say, but can we please stop with the BC vs. Mint BS.

Cheers

If the same people that are ALWAYS starting crap in Mintcoins forums quits I'm fine with it and will move on too and let you guys scam whoever you please although I don't feel it's right I cant save the world. Also the crap this morning about attack shit was a bit much and it would be nice if blackcoin folks were trying to be helpful but from history one can't make such assumptions.

You should just make a new account and start over. You've not only hurt your own position, but the position of the rest of the MINT community. And I say that owning some MINT myself. While I'm not active in the MINT community, I do like to be diversified and you haven't made me feel good about my MINT position at all today.

I should have just posted this over in the MINT thread, but then I might get accused of being a troll too.

Why diversify into MINT when they are having issues, big ones?

The issues are being fixed, so you can give up the fear-mongering now. Thanks.

static const int CUTOFF_POW_BLOCK = 220000;

if (IsProofOfWork() && nHeight > CUTOFF_POW_BLOCK)
     return DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : No proof-of-work allowed anymore (height = %d)", nHeight));

https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin/commit/dad79713d4172a569238de1b736abfbf307acfbd

Welcome to POS only guys Smiley

That doesnt mean that, mint will keep Hybryd!

read:

http://www.netcoin.io/wiki/Algorithms_for_PoS_Voters_to_Assess_the_Validity_of_PoW_Blocks

We are changing cutoff of blocks that attack, but this parametter need to be adjusted for the network size.

I doesnt need a FORK!!!

Clean solution from DEVS!
kana

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:08:11 PM

Yeah the miners page isn't accessible. But shares seem to get accepted, so its probably nothing to worry about.

THat means something is wrong with my miner Sad
Geode

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

LOL Karmacoin.

Law of the jungle and they hold more BC than MINT. The only real competition of BC now is MINT. If MINT were out of the picture, BC will rise. BC will rule out over MINT because it offers more value and is just better overall, better graphics, better community, better dev. MINT is a thorn in BC's side. Remove it and BC will go to da moon!

CatKiwi

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:13:05 PM

LOL Karmacoin.

Oh they are here alright - and they are watching Tongue The best price for MINT is probably now, as BC gathers momentum towards Black friday and beyond you will see MINT drop down to 10 Satoshi, and then 8 and then lower in the coming weeks. The MINT volume is tiny and the vast majority of it is large multi BTC dumps.  Most people aren't stupid - they aren't going to baghold a coin that has no more potential to hit the moon than any other alt out there with a decent community - they will take what they can when they can and invest it in the coin that offers the most potential for a reasonable return on investment - that is Blackcoin at this point in time.

Like I say, its a dirty thing to do but as an answer to your original question it would theoretically work. When a coin gets into the single satoshis its days are numbered. MOON, PANDA, LOT, are great examples of this.

Without extreme volume and profit making opportunities riding the waves - no one buys it and everyone sells it until eventually its not worth selling and not worth buying - it just, stops.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:14:27 PM

MINT is not competition to BC. It seems that way because there's a lot of flames going between the two communities (or atleast the threads).

I would love to see MINT to be BC's silver. Current market caps suggest that is possible Smiley

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
CatKiwi

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:15:51 PM

LOL Karmacoin.

Good question - Ultimately because they can increase their portfolio value by a greater ammount by dumping MINT and buying up all cheap BC as opposed to bagholding MINT watching it decline in value a little bit more each week, save for the odd pump and dump.
CatKiwi

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:18:15 PM

MINT is not competition to BC. It seems that way because there's a lot of flames going between the two communities (or atleast the threads).

I would love to see MINT to be BC's silver. Current market caps suggest that is possible Smiley

I agree with you - I however don't believe it has any potential to be either a threat or a 'sister coin'. Save for that pump a few days ago MINT was a dead man walking - under 10BTC 24 volume on Mintpal with most of that sells. Traders on exchanges follow the volume - they don't waste time and BTC on buying a coin at say 13 satoshi and waiting 4 days for it to finally sell at 14 - if it hasn't dropped further by then. Volume = volatility and volatility = trading opportunities = potential profit.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:18:31 PM

Thank you for your help Blackcoin community, you know which people you are (rat4, Soepkip, etc). Perhaps now we can put our differences aside and work together or at the very least coexists as pure PoS coins.

Update on the potential security issues mentioned earlier.

As a cautionary measure and since MINT does not really need PoW, we have decided to get rid of the PoW. We don't want to take any security risk.
And since our ego is less important than your hard earned money, we won't have any problem to be thankful to another coin dev if it appears he has helped to increase MintCoin's security.

For now, a new wallet is available and this is a mandatory update!
https://mega.co.nz/#!YI4DETrC!0Cy_PFqWkLF52Ic_Hoo-5v_oyUGWa2R4dcIvlX1S2H0
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:20:22 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 10:10:18 PM by Halofire

IRS decision concerning miners record keeping has more impact than China's ban. Chinese can still own btc and not have to pay tax on it now since China is forcing btc back underground which ultimately helps btc.

No tax has to paid until gains are realized. People in the US can hold crypto as well. And the miner can deduct how much their mined coin was when they mined it, they'd actually pay less tax in the end, because they wouldn't have to claim the full value of the coin upon sale?

And sorry, but China always is the impact. There's a reason the BTC-e troll box continuously spams "China waking up soon". Tongue

Unless the IRS released a new notice (edit: since the notice from a few days ago) that I don't know about, then ya gotta claim all crypto at the end of the the first year you received it as income. then whenever you cash out, you pay tax on any gains.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:24:07 PM

I want to thank the people in the Blackcoin community that helped resolve the security issue with our coin specifically the developer. I hope that we can all continue to work together in the future
otila

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:27:20 PM

How to fix?  Stalled at block 10000.  I have 16 connections.

Code:
received block 10c62e4dd0ec334ad5b8
ERROR: CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: read txPrev failed
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block 10c62e4dd0ec334ad5b88562c5db6d9a2f4b86e3ecc10a10b42379ab03b8237c
Pages: « 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: