Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509651 times)
dominikf

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:00:38 PM

Black Whale Community Pump (4/25/2013 - 8 PM EST - NYC Time)

The BlackCoin community are once again about to make history!!! Never in the history of crypto has a community rallied together to pump the price of a currency in an attempt to break the control of unscrupulous whales!!! A global pump with hundreds of people working in unison will be nothing less than epic!!! We will become the "Black Whale".

On Friday 4/25/2013 - 8 PM EST - NYC Time we will begin buying massive quantities of BlackCoin to stop the blatant manipulation of some holders who are purposely suppressing the growth of BlackCoin. This community will pump over 300 BTC into the BlackCoin ecosystem to consume the low priced sell walls.

We as a community will have to pledge to each other to follow some basic guidelines.

1.) You will only trade on Mintpal @ 4/25/2013 - 8 PM EST - NYC Time.
2.) You will buy at market price and not buy on dips.
3.) You will not use this opportunity to sell off the coins you already hold.
4.) You will not sell any of the coins you buy for 3 days after the community pump.

I would like to formally ask the multi-pool operators to hold off buying coins for the next two days and join us on this epic event!!!

Man !!

Do you realize that 8PM EST is 2AM in Western Europe ?  Huh

If you do that you just loose the European Community for this pump.

If you do that at 5PM or 6PM EST, you will have much more people from Europe.

Exactly. Do this a few hours earlier and the european community will help in this pump.  Grin
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:01:21 PM

IMO..... This pre planes pump is the first mistake that black coin has made.  I hate the ups and downs and manipulation like everyone else but for theoat part this coin has fallen higher after each dump.  This coin needs to keep developing and getting the adaptation as a currency.  I think we need to worry about things we can control instead of focusing on the minute to minute price.  Trust me I hate it to but don't you think the manpulaters read this as well?? This see that there winning and getting into people's heads and are not going to stop.  If this coin is what we think it can be then it will be by the hard work these guys are putting in.  Did the manipulation say 3-4 weeks ago matter now?? NO why?? Compare prices!!  So IMO just keep developing and making a great coin and a great community and stop focusing on people playing with your emotions.

I think the same, free money for daytraders. They will buy for 40-45k (and we buy - pump phase) and when we reach lets say 60-70k sat they will insta dump. 50% profit, price go down to ~50-55k and ppl who bought at 55-60/70k losses (and those ppl should be rewarded not punished). Plz reconsider.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:01:57 PM

Question, about this POS thing, lets say you download the BlackCoin wallet, transfer some funds to it, open it until the chain is fully downloaded and then you close it for 1 year.

One year later will this wallet get 1% reward? Or are there any constraints?

Thanks

Anyone?
You get the reward for staking, so you need to be online and the wallet has the be unlocked at least for staking.
The rewards come in "every now and then", you will receive
coincount / (365*100)
average per day.

So you would only get the 1% if you ran your client constantly for a year? Presumably, staking is measured by the hour not the day?

And if you miss 'your share' as you weren't staking, does it get distributed to the others that were? Or does the 1% inflation decrease for that year?

Thanks

No, you will earn your 1% regardless of whether or not you have your wallet open for the full year. You will receive the interest once you re-open your wallet.

The advantage of having your wallet open all the time is that you help secure the network, and also earn compound interest on your 1%.

Ah, thats sounds better Smiley but what you mean by "compound interest"? Can you give an example?

If you keep your wallet open permanently, you earn a fraction of your annual 1% each day ( 1/365th to be precise ). So for every day that passes, you are earning 1/365th of your original wallet's value plus interest already earned.

If you start with 100,000 BC today, tomorrow you will earn : ( 100,000 * .01 ) / 365  = 2.7BC

So tomorrow your balance will be 100,002.7

You will then earn interest on that balance, which is :  ( 100,002.7 * .01 ) / 365  = 2.74BC

So your balance will increase to : 100,005.44

And so on

So you get 1% from opening up you wallet (inflation element) and an additional 1.005% from staking constantly for a year (((.01/365)+1)^365) -1 = 1.0050029%  

(N.B. the staking period appears to be 8 hours so 365*3 = 1095 should probably be used instead of 365 to get a true rate, it will be the same in the end though)

Where does the BC for the staking come from? Fees?

Yes ~1,1% is accurate i think. No Fees goes to miners, this 1,1% (what is very small and Imo still more than 1,1% of coins will be lost (buy forgeting passwords, hardware destroted, sb buy 10 and forget about it etc) so this coin is deflational I think Smiley. And this 1,1% is created and added to whole ~75M

Sorry, I am misunderstanding you or you me.

1% for inflation + 1.005% to pay the stakers for securing the network = 2.005% inflation per year. You are relying on >2.005% being lost every year for BC to be deflationary.

When you make a transfer of BC, you pay a fee? If so, where do the fees go? Some coins destroy them, some use to reward stakers. I'm not sure what BC does atm.
BZA

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 01:02:58 PM

Last night there was post about how to raise fund/pool to be able to eat sell walls. What about buying share for a KNC miner (when it will be available of course) like the one you can buy at the black coin shop. BTC generated would then be used to enable the black shield.

How about crowdfunding a mining rig? Say everyone chips in 10-1000 dollars. Like a "kickstarter" Campaign. They get shares from the pool in return. Maybe have a blackcoin kickstarter for a mining rig to mine itself. All gridseeds or knc. 1000 people donate and we got ourselves a 40K rig.
You mean something like this? http://blackcoinstore.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=80&search=knc
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:04:31 PM

I think we should go straight away for BC/USD and BC/EUR. BC should stand on its own. No dependence from other alt coins or bitcoin.  Smiley

We can do both
I also spam BTC-E for add a BC/USD change
 Smiley
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:07:21 PM

The BlackCoin community are once again about to make history!!! Never in the history of crypto has a community rallied together to pump the price of a currency in an attempt to break the control of unscrupulous whales!!! A global pump with hundreds of people working in unison will be nothing less than epic!!! We will become the "Black Whale".

On Friday 4/25/2013 - 8 PM EST - NYC Time we will begin buying massive quantities of BlackCoin to stop the blatant manipulation of some holders who are purposely suppressing the growth of BlackCoin. This community will pump over 300 BTC into the BlackCoin ecosystem to consume the low priced sell walls.

We as a community will have to pledge to each other to follow some basic guidelines.

4.) You will not sell any of the coins you buy for 3 days after the community pump.

I would like to formally ask the multi-pool operators to hold off buying coins for the next two days and join us on this epic event!!!

Man !!

Exactly. Do this a few hours earlier and the european community will help in this pump.  Grin

Are you sure it's a good plan?
Many people and whales will benefit
Then after the pump the dump will come
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:07:49 PM

Sorry, I am misunderstanding you or you me.

1% for inflation + 1.005% to pay the stakers for securing the network = 2.005% inflation per year. You are relying on >2.005% being lost every year for BC to be deflationary.

When you make a transfer of BC, you pay a fee? If so, where do the fees go? Some coins destroy them, some use to reward stakers. I'm not sure what BC does atm.

It's not 1% inflation + 1.005% to pay the stakers. They are not separate entities, but are one and the same. The 1% inflation is derived from the 1% interest earned as and when wallets are opened.

As for 'where do the transfer fees go', good question, I forgot to look into that ...
BZA

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 01:08:59 PM

Quite, not sure on that one; http://www.dailyblackcoin.com/ may be worth asking.

Is it plausible for one of the sites to put together an updating list with the prices from the exchange on them. As much as I love Mintpal, it would seem like it would be more intelligent to have a coin price to look at where you could go for the best price. Otherwise people are just bombarding cryptsy and mintpal, but not even getting a good deal. The other exchanges have far better or worse prices, (depending on whether or people are buying or selling.)

I might have to ask dailyblackcoin myself.
Here's a little WIP I have going on:

Quick Black Stats All the stats you need to know about BlackCoin, on one page!

If you have suggestions of extra data to include, please let me know
GoldMath

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:10:13 PM

>>> COUNTDOWN
Luxasd

Activity: 504
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:13:13 PM

I don't think this is a good idea at all.
JamesR1

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:15:02 PM

Quite, not sure on that one; http://www.dailyblackcoin.com/ may be worth asking.

Is it plausible for one of the sites to put together an updating list with the prices from the exchange on them. As much as I love Mintpal, it would seem like it would be more intelligent to have a coin price to look at where you could go for the best price. Otherwise people are just bombarding cryptsy and mintpal, but not even getting a good deal. The other exchanges have far better or worse prices, (depending on whether or people are buying or selling.)

I might have to ask dailyblackcoin myself.
Here's a little WIP I have going on:

Quick Black Stats All the stats you need to know about BlackCoin, on one page!

If you have suggestions of extra data to include, please let me know

This I really like.
Prelude exchange would be good but also a separate list for fiat/bc would be good as well.

Is this something that you want to develop as part of your own projects. Or would you have it implemented on another site? I'm just thinking it would be most worthwhile for us to have most of the information we need on the same site.

But if your developing your own thing, much credit to you anyway. I'd certainly stand by people taking the initiative and building there own resources and sites.  

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:15:27 PM

if you want this to work, inject the btc in to buy walls. thick as fuck buy walls.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Seio1

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:16:32 PM

This will give opportunity for evil whales to dump their bc on higher price. Little fishes will get burned once again. Not a fan of this idea...
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:16:59 PM

wish we could get something like this done. carry a sophisticated image, classy, professional. or am i jumping the gun a bit too much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMv7XVap4-w
mellomike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:17:26 PM

With big pumps, come big dumps .... you don't plan pumps because you get the attention of dumpers waiting in the shadows.

This kind of event would only HURT blackcoin and BURN new investors who jump in during the pump not knowing that this was planned by the community. The growth we've been doing over the past 2 weeks (NATURALLY) has been great and we need to let it continue.

We don't need disruptive things like this.

I vote "HELL NO" to this idea.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:18:21 PM

Man !!

Yes but then that leaves our Asian friends out...it was hard to find a time that works for everyone. Most Americans are coming home from work between 5PM - 6PM....
Luxasd

Activity: 504
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:18:44 PM

With big pumps, come big dumps .... you don't plan pumps because you get the attention of dumpers waiting in the shadows.

This kind of event would only HURT blackcoin and BURN new investors who jump in during the pump not knowing that this was planned by the community. The growth we've been doing over the past 2 weeks (NATURALLY) has been great and we need to let it continue.

Pretty much this.
How would you want to prevent whales from dumping?
What a bad idea.
zuyfg888

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:19:07 PM

NO,I think this a good idea.
hellyeahent

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:21:21 PM

Tell us why its good idea then.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:21:28 PM

You are correct that with big pumps come big dumps. However, we thought this through and some safeguards are being put in place to minimize the sell offs. Right now the price is being heavily manipulated and something big has to be done to stop it. The sell off will not be as severe as before because many of the bag holders from the first sell off already dumped their coins.

I vote "HELL NO" to this idea.
Pages: « 1 ... 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: