R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421201 times)
noobinscrypt

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:41:11 AM

whats major diff betweem scrypt N and scrypt Jane. Is either one of them more "asic proof"?
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:41:50 AM

I agree, it is evident he is doing what he sees as best, and I am still excited about the coin despite not agreeing with everything. Whether I'm right or wrong, I just want to see the coin and business model become valuable and longlasting.

24Kilo, take a look at this: http://www.reddit.com/r/BAMT/comments/1ylhhy/release_vertcoin_bamt/

I don't mind going to PM and helping you. Wink

Unless I cannot read right... no where has the dev specified that he is using the VERT variant of scrypt-n and the VERT scrypt miner will work with scrypt-n GPUcoin release... happy to be stand corrected... there is only an assumption that the VERT miner will work.
GPU Coin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:42:13 AM

I'm still learning as I go, as I've never released a coin before, so there are definitely issues I never thought to research.  My assumption was that if the pools had access to source a little early they would be ready to jam once it officially launched.  I participated in a couple launches and was very put off when the 3 pools I had signed up with didn't get up and running until hours after the launch.

That is why this is a community effort.  If I stray too far down the wrong road I expect people to reach out, just like in this issue.  I am grateful for all your input and hope you all continue to do so.

The decision to go Scrypt-N was entirely the communities decision.  The poll prevailed and the IPO investors input sealed the deal.  I know you can't please every one all the time, so I went with what could make this a long term coin instead of a simple pump and dump.

The decision to allocate more money into the IPO fund is based on the overwhelming support from all the IPO investors.  I never thought there would be so many people that wanted to see a business take off, and I can hopefully provide back to the community by supplying cheap GPUs to all the miners.  I know, from my distributors price point alone, that this is easily possible with my current over head.

Back to e-mails and charts.

jollyriffic

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:42:39 AM

18hrs is a lifetime to make some simple changes.

if you've got such a large system that 18hrs isn't enough, i pray to god its not. that way i can at least get some mining in on my SINGLE 7950 before you slaughter my hopes and dreams of making enough coins to buy another card using this coin.

you bigger rigged out people need to calm your tits. try putting yourself in a broke persons shoes, like mine!

18hrs to go and i'll be ready to go with a simple change of my current -n modded cgminer bat file, just need to change the pool from ultracoin.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1.. READY!

oh and i'm an IPO holder #218

on that topic, for those saying the lower people in IPO are just trying to buy a ticket for the gpu, hell yes i am. i've only got 0.2btc and most of that i bought with cash to try and play the market because i don't have funds to spend on huge rigs, and i'm mining with my one and only graphics card. so get off your high horse, the ipo helps everyone that bought in.
bunch of cry babies here.. get your kleenex, call your mommies and get off the forums till you're done being babies.

scrypt or -n, who cares.. either mine or dont.
gpucoin changed some things based on what you all wanted or brought up valid points for, and you're going to say "its going to be a rocky start". i'd much rather mine for someone thats willing to work with the community than someone that says "its my way and you dont matter".

keep up the good work GPUcoin, you've got my support

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
yaboymarvo

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:43:28 AM

I honestly dont believe it was a good move to switch it hours before its release,i mean is there any hard proof that scrypt asics are soon to be released. and from what ive seen the current asics are no better than gpus,just use less power so its not like there will be a huge influx of hashing power like BTC. Oh well its not my coin,ill try to mine this but if the scrypt-n miner gives me any trouble i will probably stop. Glad i at least invested in it. Best of luck!
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 04:47:48 AM

can someone tell me which pool will be open right at launch. i have been screwed on 3 launches with bad pools.

@dev   could you communicate with pool operators and make sure the launch is smooth.

@pool operators.  upgrade your systems so they are speedy and accessible @ launch.

thanks!!!  i wish this coin much luck!

UltraPool will be up at launch and ready for hashing. The server is set up to load balance and expand resources as load increases. Can't go wrong with the MPOS theme either! Wink

http://gpuc.ultrapool.org
Port? missing from Getting Started page

In your settings it also says LTC for payout address, etc.
May want to change that to GPU coin
Thanks for catching that! Smiley Fixed.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

Ballistics

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:48:37 AM

Which version of cudaminer would you guys suggest for a 560 TI overclocked?
jimlite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 04:49:45 AM

Invested 0.5BTC for IPO.
I called for a N-factor.

For those of you don't just because you don't wanna reconfigure your rigs, you are gonna have to anyway when the 28nm Scrypt ASIC hit.

Why? Some of the most valuable coins aren't ScryptN, and never will be.

And ASICs are coming for those new algos. Trust me on this. It's not impossible.

I can only speak about 280x's since that is my expertise, and I have owned many of them.
NOTHING was more solid than the Asus direct CU top 280's, not MSI, not Sapphire..Maybe
previous Asus products were not as good, but the cooler on the CU is the best as well as

I guess it falls under YMMV.  I ordered crates of all of them. Literally all brands and models. I kept what worked best under linux. I tracked settings, power use, etc, from underclocked/stock/overclocked. ASUS faired average among them. Sapphire and MSI always came out on top, with MSI being the most stable (less than 0.1% flux) and TOXIC was next in line with about 1% flux. And I'm not sure about "previous", I'm talking in the past 2 months.

the chips being cherry picked for the top line.  And are you kidding? Asus direct CU top 280's
are NEVER in stock ANYWHERE online for more than 2 seconds.

Really? Because amazon has a few hundred which they've had for the past 50 days. And newegg has them. Just checked.

Unless folks dont buy from those places Roll Eyes
I've been trying to get one on Amazon for 2 months. They get like 5 in a month for the normal $329.00,
what you are seeing is all the 3rd party merchants on Amazon, and they are never under $450

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:56:18 AM

if you've got such a large system that 18hrs isn't enough, i pray to god its not. that way i can at least get some mining in on my SINGLE 7950 before you slaughter my hopes and dreams of making enough coins to buy another card using this coin.

I started out with a 40kh card a few months back. I now have a small, but growing, farm which uses close to 100amps of AC power 24/7. Work hard, and it will pay you back.

you bigger rigged out people need to calm your tits. try putting yourself in a broke persons shoes, like mine!

I can honestly say I know how you feel, but again, I reinvested my earnings, got more equipment, kept doing it.. now the system pays for itself.

bunch of cry babies here.. get your kleenex, call your mommies and get off the forums till you're done being babies.

The same could be said about you and your 1 card. This is big boy land. Play hard. Do your best with your 1 card. A 7950 should be mining at 715kh.

gpucoin changed some things based on what you all wanted or brought up valid points for, and you're going to say "its going to be a rocky start". i'd much rather mine for someone thats willing to work with the community than someone that says "its my way and you dont matter".

Having been involved in launches, there's a reason I'm telling him his last minute changes could make things really bad.

I've been trying to get one on Amazon for 2 months. They get like 5 in a month for the normal $329.00,
what you are seeing is all the 3rd party merchants on Amazon, and they are never under $450

I have many windows open, each one to a GPU, and refresh is set to 3 seconds. They do pop up on prime, and they disappear literally in seconds. I saw 500+ MSI cards go in 10 minutes. I was one of the folks notified that they had oversold Sapphire Toxic cards in a matter of seconds. They got their monthly truck shipment in last week, and the ASUS cards sold far slower than anything else. A few hours ago they had normally priced "Prime" cards. The MSI's and Sapphires vanished like steam.

Might I suggest you do what I do? Keep the windows open, check constantly, set email alerts. I even wrote custom scripts to email/text-me/wake me up when they come in stock, so I could hit the "buy it now" on my large order.

And when you buy by the crate, they sometimes even come wrapped in cellophane!

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:58:29 AM

Invested 0.5BTC for IPO.
I called for a N-factor.

For those of you don't just because you don't wanna reconfigure your rigs, you are gonna have to anyway when the 28nm Scrypt ASIC hit.

Why? Some of the most valuable coins aren't ScryptN, and never will be.

And ASICs are coming for those new algos. Trust me on this. It's not impossible.

I can only speak about 280x's since that is my expertise, and I have owned many of them.
NOTHING was more solid than the Asus direct CU top 280's, not MSI, not Sapphire..Maybe
previous Asus products were not as good, but the cooler on the CU is the best as well as

I guess it falls under YMMV.  I ordered crates of all of them. Literally all brands and models. I kept what worked best under linux. I tracked settings, power use, etc, from underclocked/stock/overclocked. ASUS faired average among them. Sapphire and MSI always came out on top, with MSI being the most stable (less than 0.1% flux) and TOXIC was next in line with about 1% flux. And I'm not sure about "previous", I'm talking in the past 2 months.

the chips being cherry picked for the top line.  And are you kidding? Asus direct CU top 280's
are NEVER in stock ANYWHERE online for more than 2 seconds.

Really? Because amazon has a few hundred which they've had for the past 50 days. And newegg has them. Just checked.

Unless folks dont buy from those places Roll Eyes

check local retailers, i found a small shop that had 3 sapphire 280's for $325 each. almost felt like I was taking advantage but oh well. got twice as much hashpower as I would have on amazon.
anyone4u

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:01:36 AM

People are voting for the normal scrypt algo so they can rent a ton of hashpower for launch and instamine the hell out of it, and if it launches as such that's exactly what I'll be doing myself. Scrypt-n is susceptible to this as well, but scrypt-n hashpower isn't nearly as readily available, (not to mention there aren't any giant scrypt-n multipools to hammer the launch). Either that, or they're hoping to jump on the asic train that's starting to gain some momentum.

If this ends up launching as normal scrypt it might as well be just another clone. And while he store front is an awesome idea, it won't be long before you'll need to supply your customers/miners with asics instead of gpus.

If you lead my example and do not do this, maybe you could get the rest of the world which you say are going to do this to not do this.
GPU Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:02:39 AM

IPO is closed!
I will now be sitting behind a wall of numbers for the next couple hours while I get all of the IPOs numbers calculated out.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:03:46 AM

I started out with a 40kh card a few months back. I now have a small, but growing, farm which uses close to 100amps of AC power 24/7. Work hard, and it will pay you back.

I can honestly say I know how you feel, but again, I reinvested my earnings, got more equipment, kept doing it.. now the system pays for itself.

The same could be said about you and your 1 card. This is big boy land. Play hard. Do your best with your 1 card. A 7950 should be mining at 715kh.

Having been involved in launches, there's a reason I'm telling him his last minute changes could make things really bad.

I have many windows open, each one to a GPU, and refresh is set to 3 seconds. They do pop up on prime, and they disappear literally in seconds. I saw 500+ MSI cards go in 10 minutes. I was one of the folks notified that they had oversold Sapphire Toxic cards in a matter of seconds. They got their monthly truck shipment in last week, and the ASUS cards sold far slower than anything else. A few hours ago they had normally priced "Prime" cards. The MSI's and Sapphires vanished like steam.

Might I suggest you do what I do? Keep the windows open, check constantly, set email alerts. I even wrote custom scripts to email/text-me/wake me up when they come in stock, so I could hit the "buy it now" on my large order.

And when you buy by the crate, they sometimes even come wrapped in cellophane!

yep me too started out cpu mining doges, than got a 7750 (120khs) for christmas and now i have around 3 mhs and a small army of ant-miners. Be smart, read up and don't day trade and you will get there. and yeah so many terrible launches lately hopefully this goes well..
anyone4u

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:05:58 AM

If it launches with -n is there someone that can help me with my GPU's I use CUDA miner, I inherited a ton of rigs with Nvidia cards and I cant seem to get the right hashing levels using -n I tried with Vert coin today and I was getting 50% the hash I get on Scrypt.
If you read up on your inheritance and -n, you will see that it is functioning properly.
XBATTO

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:10:47 AM

What it would be great to know :
- Which pool will be ready for scrypt-n at the launch.
- The exact time of the launch at least 1 hour in advance. 5PM EST / 12AM GMT (EDIT)
jimlite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 05:11:01 AM

DEVS,
Now that the decision has been made for scrypt-N,
please confirm that vertminer will be the working GPU miner
to use for Windows, and not some less known miner
like dark coin sgminer. In case you didn't know there are
multiple scrypt-N mining programs, check with your coin
creator, and vertminer is the easiest and preffered miner.
It uses the exact same config scrypt as cgminer, so there
is almost no setup other than change cgminer.exe to vertminer.exe

P.S. as above poster stated, make sure all pool and p2p operators
know that you are using scrypt-N with vertminer way in advance.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money