Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 750 GH/s - 3TH/s Miners from $3565 - www.bitcoinultra.co.uk  (Read 30569 times)
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:48:46 PM

I think people just need to calm down and stop filling the thread up with irrelevant, pointless ramblings.

Just wait for things to happen, if you're so anxious you're about to shit your pants, then just pick up the telephone and call the company and ask questions because making up your own assumptions and pulling ideas out of your ass isn't helping anybody, you could sit around and speculate bullshit all day. If you really are that bothered just phone them.
Calling someone on the telephone and having them tell you it's going to be fine hardly constitutes any proof of hardware...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:59:45 PM

I think people just need to calm down and stop filling the thread up with irrelevant, pointless ramblings.

Just wait for things to happen, if you're so anxious you're about to shit your pants, then just pick up the telephone and call the company and ask questions because making up your own assumptions and pulling ideas out of your ass isn't helping anybody, you could sit around and speculate bullshit all day. If you really are that bothered just phone them.

No no this guy is right!!! Its not like people are getting scammed or let down by companies every other day now is it?

People have been asking for some very basic things in this thread that any legit company could have sorted out in a second. If its legit it makes zero sense to have not come forward and addressed these concerns.

It could be the company is so confident they are choosing to let their actions speak for themselves and will deliver on or ahead of time with a product fit for purpose. 

Should that happen I personally will be over the moon and will be telling everyone I meet about this great company while throwing the last of my money at them.

Disclaimer:  I was order 45 and have since requested a refund. I fully intend to be a returning customer upon evidence that all things are as they should be and this is not a scam/hack job.

jegersmart

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 03:31:20 PM

On most of these threads, it seems to me that it attracts the least mature people - perhaps in years or only mentality or perhaps both.

To demand pictures by a certain date and then claim scam if they don't comply with your childish impatient stance is just fail.

Bitcoinultra's situation right now is that they have opened their order books in a "pre-order" fashion despite stating that they would not do so. This does not make them a scam. To not comply with an adolescent's demands to produce pictures of a working rig by a certain day does not make them a scam.

My own view is that I will wait until there is any further updates from the company if they want my money, if they don't provide updates then I will continue to go elsewhere. I see "V4Vendetta" ordered as soon as there was a picture of a blue box, and now has already requested a refund. This shows immaturity and an increased likelihood (in my view) of getting scammed in the future. I am not picking on you, I am just saying what I see.

This thread is now almost entirely filled with people who are flaming - and I suspect calling and emailing the company every single hour of the day for updates which causes delay for everyone and again shows how childish people can be regardless of age.

I suggest that you put your parents' credit cards back in their wallets for now and wait for further developments.....Smiley

J
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:05:46 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 04:21:59 PM by V4Vendettas

On most of these threads, it seems to me that it attracts the least mature people - perhaps in years or only mentality or perhaps both.

To demand pictures by a certain date and then claim scam if they don't comply with your childish impatient stance is just fail.

Bitcoinultra's situation right now is that they have opened their order books in a "pre-order" fashion despite stating that they would not do so. This does not make them a scam. To not comply with an adolescent's demands to produce pictures of a working rig by a certain day does not make them a scam.

My own view is that I will wait until there is any further updates from the company if they want my money, if they don't provide updates then I will continue to go elsewhere. I see "V4Vendetta" ordered as soon as there was a picture of a blue box, and now has already requested a refund. This shows immaturity and an increased likelihood (in my view) of getting scammed in the future. I am not picking on you, I am just saying what I see.

This thread is now almost entirely filled with people who are flaming - and I suspect calling and emailing the company every single hour of the day for updates which causes delay for everyone and again shows how childish people can be regardless of age.

I suggest that you put your parents' credit cards back in their wallets for now and wait for further developments.....Smiley

J

Totally fair opinion.

I want this miner but in retrospect am unwilling to take the risk . I now know this and have acted on it. They did say they would not take orders until they had everything they needed to be 100% sure they could deliver. That would mean they have all the components ? Why not just take a few snapshots and post them ? Its not asking a lot in my view but still that's my view.

I have said it plenty of times I hope its all real and if it is I wish them the best god knows we need a good supplier here in the UK.

So yes I would consider myself immature to the pre ordering market for sure and when push comes to shove I have found I don't want to be part of it. Cant say I did not learn a little of myself.

Good luck all.

Edit: I ordered the day Chris told me on the phone he would post pictures up here in a few hours. Blue box did not factor into my judgement. Refund was requested 4-5 days later  and still no pictures were posted.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:25:55 PM

Hmm V4 did you read the TOS before you ordered? It said that you can only get a refund if they are 10 days late for delivery.

Also sites down for me again Sad Just getting the default cpanel page again.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:44:50 PM

Hmm V4 did you read the TOS before you ordered? It said that you can only get a refund if they are 10 days late for delivery.

Also sites down for me again Sad Just getting the default cpanel page again.

site works ok for me. i'm not ordering a single hash until someone else has ordered and received their miner. and even then, i'm not paying by anything except credit card or cash on collection.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:46:23 PM

This shows immaturity and an increased likelihood (in my view) of getting scammed in the future
This is the reason why some of us here are asking relevant questions to try and stop others from buying before thinking as some might not have your amount of experience or patience.

FWIW nobody here set a date for the photos to be posted, the OP said on Friday they would post pics as soon as they are on site and it's now Tuesday and following from what was mentioned in earlier posts, they are supposed to be a mile down the road... just trying to help some people 'think' a little, that's all Wink

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
beanhead

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:26:41 PM

The maths just doesn't add up, the ROI on this unit is just not worth it.

Why not just buy 5 ANT Miners?

5 x 180GH/s = 900GH/s  - That's without over clocking.

That will set you back just under 5BTC (They are 0.99BTC each including shipping)  or at current exchange rates on coindesk $3155 or £1900.

They are shipping now, so no wait for your vapourware!

Ok, I know the ANT Miners will be burning more leccy, but if that isn't an issue I know where I would spend my money.

Investing in Bitcoin mining hardware that

a) You might never receive
or
b) When you do get it the diff has gone up to further increase the time to ROI

Is a mugs game.
bitcoin_miner

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:44:21 PM

That will set you back just under 5BTC (They are 0.99BTC each including shipping)  or at current exchange rates on coindesk $3155 or £1900.

Ok, I know the ANT Miners will be burning more leccy, but if that isn't an issue I know where I would spend my money.

or

Is a mugs game.

agree...

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:17:29 AM

Any news or photo please
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:25:54 AM

5 x 180GH/s = 900GH/s  - That's without over clocking.

Because UK scam electricity is now 15p kWh.

5x 360W = 1800W

1.8kWh x 15p x 24hr x 90days = £583.20 on top of every normal electric bill you pay.

And there's no easy way to cash in your Bitcoins to pay your electric bill because the banks block the bank accounts of anyone who tries to setup an exchange.

trackermut

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:31:06 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 12:44:53 AM by trackermut

or

Is a mugs game.

Hard to disagree and have three of these space heaters purring away, but the prospect of a reliable UK supplier/manufacturer  ticks a lot of boxes. Following the thread daily still not sure if its a Scam or PR disaster ( before the wait and see brigade wade into the newbie, this is forum for airing views ).

Two and bit weeks to Roll out, from a manufacturing point of view highly unlikely, At this stage product should be at worst final stage of reliability testing  before making final Revisions and pressing go Button with PCB manufacturing partners ( Do you want 1000 watt plus untested possible fire trap in your home/workplace )

As for adding new employes to handle customer relations seems a heavy burden for a new start up business at this point, when a few pics of PCB board, rig testing or spec sheets would pretty much cover 90% of queries imaging what a video from a smart phone would do to sales! lets not even go there about preorders no preorders turn around.

As a said above hope i am wrong and woulkd always buy firstly from a British Manufacture if possible and will make my apology in cash and orders if my misgivings  prove to be wrong.

For Now as one that has been scammed in the past wait and see.....

Regards
Mug
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:19:16 AM

Hard to disagree and have three of these space heaters purring away, but the prospect of a reliable UK supplier/manufacturer  ticks a lot of boxes. Following the thread daily still not sure if its a Scam or PR disaster ( before the wait and see brigade wade into the newbie, this is forum for airing views ).

Two and bit weeks to Roll out, from a manufacturing point of view highly unlikely, At this stage product should be at worst final stage of reliability testing  before making final Revisions and pressing go Button with PCB manufacturing partners ( Do you want 1000 watt plus untested possible fire trap in your home/workplace )

As for adding new employes to handle customer relations seems a heavy burden for a new start up business at this point, when a few pics of PCB board, rig testing or spec sheets would pretty much cover 90% of queries imaging what a video from a smart phone would do to sales! lets not even go there about preorders no preorders turn around.

As a said above hope i am wrong and would always buy firstly from a British Manufacture if possible and will make my apology in cash and orders if my misgivings  prove to be wrong.

For Now as one that has been scammed in the past wait and see.....

Regards
Mug
This is what I find so strange... they have obviously spent a lot of money on the development and company setup etc., but don't seem to see the worth in taking a couple of pics with a mobile phone and posting them here to avoid all this speculation. This is clearly big business and if they can't see the importance in providing images then I can't have much confidence in their ability to deliver either on time and to spec. or at all. I'll be happy to eat humble pie if/when the pics show up...

And there's no easy way to cash in your Bitcoins to pay your electric bill because the banks block the bank accounts of anyone who tries to setup an exchange.
Have you tried localbitcoins? I find them easier than anything else once you have some trusted contacts.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:49:33 AM

Site's back up again.

TOS re refunds:

3.3 When ordering from Bitcoin Ultra you will be given a date when your order will be dispatched. We guarantee that your order will be dispatched within 10 days of this date. If your order doesn’t meet our guarantee, please see 4.2 and 4.3.
3.4 Our dispatch date guarantee, does not include any force majeure.

4. Cancellations and Refund
4.1 All goods sold by Bitcoin Ultra are manufactured to order. Once your order has been confirmed it cannot be cancelled unless we cannot meet our dispatch guarantee 3.3.
4.2 A refund in full may be requested if we can’t honer our dispatch guarantee.
4.3 Please allow up to 21 days for your refund to be processed.
4.4 Any refunds will be issued against the same payment method used. Your refund total will be calculated against our base currencies exchange rate on the day of refund.

Bitcoinultra, that force majeure bit in your TOS needs to SPECIFY what you mean. As worded it doesn't mean you can just slip out of the agreement because of heavy snow or failure to meet key performance indicators. http://www.shoosmiths.co.uk/client-resources/legal-updates/Force-majeure-clauses-Traps-for-the-unwary-1272.aspx

As always guys Buyer Beware.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
bitcoinultra (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 09:47:50 AM

Morning to everyone.

Firstly thank you to everybody in the community, we have been inundated with emails and phone calls regarding our mining hardware.

I would like to clarify and clear up a few points. We are currently waiting for our enigma 1 sample box to be returned from a customer in Europe which should be this week so we can show videos/photo's etc..

As already mentioned, we will also be posting some photo's from our local electronics manufacturer who are assembling our PCB's. Before we accepted a single order we purchased all the required components for manufacturing and our PCB's are currently being printed. Once the printing is complete the board assembly will start which means we will have something to take a picture of.

We also understand that the Bitcoin miner market has been open to a lot of scams and failed promises, I would like to reassure everybody that we are a genuine business here for the long term.

If you are unsure or weary, about placing an order with us for our first batch of Enigma 1 miners, then please feel free to wait for forum members to confirm that they have received their order first.

In the mean time if you have ANY questions, please email us at info@bitcoinultra.co.uk, alternatively you can call us on (+44) 01709242224 and one of our team will be happy to help.
Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:39:47 AM

Hi,

Ive been following this for a while now with the intent to buy once we have firm evidence.

I'd just like to ask why a UK company with a UK manufactured product would send their only working model to Europe for, I assume testing.

From this thread i have seen you could have a very good UK based customer base and ample UK based testers for you to conduct this here.

I cant understand why you would not want to document (photo) the manufacture process/working model when the majority of your customers have requested this evidence. Would also have been prudent to photo your hardware before sending it to Europe to call off the Loins so to speak.

Hope this works out for you but unfortunatly i'm still sceptical.

Rgds

Ratters
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:46:00 AM

Plus PSUs, plus VAT at the border, and the usual exorbitant "handling fees" for the privilege of charging you that VAT.

VAT alone is another 20%, PSUs for 5 miners, depends how much quality you want but I'd expect anything from £100 to £300 to power 5 ants.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Jeffrey

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:02:11 PM

Plus PSUs, plus VAT at the border, and the usual exorbitant "handling fees" for the privilege of charging you that VAT.

VAT alone is another 20%, PSUs for 5 miners, depends how much quality you want but I'd expect anything from £100 to £300 to power 5 ants.

You forget the most important part: S1's are available RIGHT NOW. Even with the extra costs, it's still way more interesting just due the fact that you can start mining 3-4 days after ordering.
IF 5 S1's end up more expensive than this, you will still make it up big time because you can already start mining.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:05:21 PM

still no news/updates/photos??
lol, who did order?? Grin
fell your pain bros.

for new comers, here is the ONLY asic manufacturer that actually delivers within 3 working days after payment: http://www.bitfurystrikesback.com/
although those products dont actually ROI now.

pro tip: just buy bitcoin (at least until new products from known manufacturers later on this year)

edit: im waiting for ASICMINER new chips to be spread all over the place Smiley
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:14:59 PM

Erm, not advocating one system over another, but to clarify, bitcoinultra prices are ex VAT, and don't come with PSU's either.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: