Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 05:09:54 PM

Working on promoting the KickStarter campaign today and we will have a press release ready very soon. Please share the KickStarter where you find appropriate, there are share buttons on the page.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124571891/the-four-pillars-of-business-success-book-by-alan

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 06:22:49 PM

http://dcebrief.com/cryptocurrency-company-dnotes-launches-kickstarter-campaign/

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 07:41:38 PM

Excellent press release!!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 09:20:18 PM

Wow, great job team. The KickStarter and press release are excellent!
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:39:10 AM

Excellent news to see the kickstarter up and running - with 6 pledges already! I've shared it on Facebook and in a couple of groups.

I might have an update on a video tomorrow - which I may make a couple of modifications to after receiving the first copy given a few of DNotes Global's advancements (including mentioning the name etc). Version 2 could serve as a great introduction to "DNotes Global".

Entering final 6 weeks of university, which is keeping me busy with my part-time job and small business. The book is immeasurably helpful and makes so much sense when one analyses what they want to be doing when comparing the short-term and long-term goals on the individual. It is very pleasurable to watch / be involved in a project from beginning to completion a long time later.

The cash crisis and speculative abandonment of the Euro is hardly surprising. When governments are not able to control their currency (which they never should anyway), it leaves fiscal policy (spending and taxes) as the only short term option to control their economic growth. This often has disastrous effects.

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:21:23 PM

Excellent news to see the kickstarter up and running - with 6 pledges already! I've shared it on Facebook and in a couple of groups.

I might have an update on a video tomorrow - which I may make a couple of modifications to after receiving the first copy given a few of DNotes Global's advancements (including mentioning the name etc). Version 2 could serve as a great introduction to "DNotes Global".

Entering final 6 weeks of university, which is keeping me busy with my part-time job and small business. The book is immeasurably helpful and makes so much sense when one analyses what they want to be doing when comparing the short-term and long-term goals on the individual. It is very pleasurable to watch / be involved in a project from beginning to completion a long time later.

The cash crisis and speculative abandonment of the Euro is hardly surprising. When governments are not able to control their currency (which they never should anyway), it leaves fiscal policy (spending and taxes) as the only short term option to control their economic growth. This often has disastrous effects.

I really wish I could have had Alan's book when I started my first business, it would have saved me immeasurable amounts of time and money instead of learning the hard way. There is a feeling among small business owners that they have to reinvent the wheel when what they really need to do is repave the road. The book lays that out nicely and shows you where to turn or, maintain the course.

There are so many choices to considered and decisions to be made when your at the helm of a business, no matter what the size, that any sage advise is welcome. And, unlike many of the books out there on the subject, Alan lived it, breathed and embraced it. No price can be put on the knowledge gained from actually doing it, it's universal. 

Great job Alan!

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:43:51 PM

This is a neat article, it would be good to hear more stories about everyday people using Bitcoin. That should help make the general population far less hesitant about cryptocurrency...

Third NH Bitcoin Vending Machine Launches in North Country

http://freekeene.com/category/update/

Many a liberty activist have made a pilgrimage to Twin Mountain Country Store as it has long been known as the only place in NH one can buy gasoline with bitcoin.  It’s also a shrine to liberty – the store is decked out with various liberty propaganda and signage.  Looking at all of it would take some time.  It’s a fun trip to make when in the White Mountains and now you have one more reason:  it’s the third public location of a Bitcoin Vending Machine in New Hampshire! (Keene and Manchester being the others.)

Store owner Bill Bochynski decided to install the “General Bytes” brand BVM, the same type found at Murphy’s Taproom in Manchester after seeing the unit in operation there. He cited the Keene BVM, operated by the Shire Free Church, as his original inspiration for adding a BVM to the North Country. When asked for comment, he quoted Black Swan author Nassim Taleb:

"Bitcoin is the beginning of something great: a currency without a government, something necessary and imperative."

Bochynski thinks its important to bring easy access to bitcoin to the impoverished North Country, where the financial freedom bitcoin can bring could have a real positive impact.

You can visit the Twin Mountain BVM seven-days-a-week from 7am to Midnight. NH is still the only place in New England to feature a Bitcoin Vending Machine open to the public – and now we have three! NH’s bitcoin community just keeps getting better – when are you moving here?
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:49:49 PM

The real significant and true value of the book may not be realized for years. It will be dependent on how fast we can get the word out to the right people. I certainly need every bit of help from you to help get the word out. Support the Kickstart campaign if you can. You can pledge as little as $5 and that will go a long way towards the success of the campaign. Not so much to sell more books but because I truly believe that the book is a source of much needed inspiration to new startups and entrepreneurs who can always use a helping hand. There is always a little more one can learn.

To be the best in any endeavor it takes a continuous and relentless commitment towards excellence. We all are capable of doing better than we may realize. And we can do even better as a team in unified efforts to achieve common goals for the best mutual benefits of everyone. In essence, that is what DNotes is attempting to accomplish. It goes way beyond getting the price of DNotes to go up so that we can cash in before others. DNotes' real value will be reflected as a currency with a purpose that can only be accomplished over the long term with mass participation.  

Be sure to check out the book. It is especially helpful for many young entrepreneurs to learn early that a business is much like a champion sports team. It takes a lot more to win the championship than just having a few star players. You can learn a great deal more from the book as to what else matters to be the consistent winner. I simple do not believe that success in business is an accident or a lucky draw. If it is you will most likely spend it all and struggle until you finally learn. Read the next post- a quote from Alex Yong. I am a witness to this true story.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:58:38 PM

Don't count on good luck alone.
Lessons learned:

Following in the footsteps of my siblings, I started my own construction business right after I graduated from high school. Being a greenhorn, Lady Luck must have smiled on me, as I won a contract to construct a large reservoir to supply water for a city and ended up making my first million. Unfortunately, that led me to think that being successful in business would always be that easy. It wasn’t. For the next fifteen years, I struggled with larger and larger projects with as many as 200 employees; getting a little better after each lesson learned.

Trial and error is a very expensive process in business. Though I am doing well now, this book could have been of immense help to me earlier in life. It took me years to realize that great ideas, passion, hard work, and connections are not enough to succeed in business. The Four Pillars of Business Success is the most comprehensive and inspirational entrepreneur book ever published, and one that could have helped me avoid all the pitfalls and unnecessary mistakes that cost me so much time, money, and stress. This is a must-read book for any up and coming entrepreneur, and one that you’ll come to rely on in your own business endeavors.

Alex Yong

Source: https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:25:40 PM

I really wish I could have had Alan's book when I started my first business, it would have saved me immeasurable amounts of time and money instead of learning the hard way. There is a feeling among small business owners that they have to reinvent the wheel when what they really need to do is repave the road. The book lays that out nicely and shows you where to turn or, maintain the course.

There are so many choices to considered and decisions to be made when your at the helm of a business, no matter what the size, that any sage advise is welcome. And, unlike many of the books out there on the subject, Alan lived it, breathed and embraced it. No price can be put on the knowledge gained from actually doing it, it's universal. 

Great job Alan!

Thank you RJF. Very well said. There are many valuable and relevant lessons for everyone, even just reading a few chapters. And I would venture to say that you do not even have to have an interest in business to learn from the book.

In effect, we are all an independent business by ourselves. Each of us is a subsystem interrelated to other subsystems within the sphere we operate. When all of our friends and family interact well as a whole system, we tend to do better. When there are issues, it affects every subsystem and weakens the whole system. Check it out. You may learn something very interesting from the book.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 02:40:40 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cryptocurrency-company-dnotes-launches-kickstarter-044500326.html

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 02:45:35 PM

Blockchain Weekly Recap 5-7-2016

China Reveals its Blockchain Alliance: ChinaLedger
Commonwealth Turning to Blockchain to Battle Crime
Deloitte Unveils New Partnerships and Innovations
Delaware Announces Desire to Create Blockchain Business Registration System
Chain Announces Open Standard 1

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-5-7-2016/

cryptofarmer

Activity: 539
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 09:57:03 PM

DNotes Now Live
on www.mining-dutch.nl

Diff: 8192       | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3339
Vardiff           | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3439
Diff: 16382     | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3539

Also on the Multiport
Diff: 8192       | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:6666       
Vardiff           | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:7777       
Diff: 16382     | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:8888

Happy mining.

Thanks cryptofarmer! I will add it to our pool list.

Thank you.! Smiley

www.Mining-Dutch.nl  (Merged Mining - Multiport / Multi algo)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 10:07:11 PM

http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2016/05/07/NY92647

Getting some good coverage on the press release, it is definitely hitting new sources I don't recognize. Maybe that is a good sign.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:18:30 PM

Great job Alan!

"There is a feeling among small business owners that they have to reinvent the wheel when what they really need to do is repave the road."  Grin So true!

I think everyone should read this book. The principles apply to many aspects of everyday life, and if everyone applied some of them to their interactions with other people, projects they are working on, how they prioritize daily tasks, etc, there would be a lot more 'right' going on in their lives. The book is already on my best-seller list. Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 01:44:49 AM

'Yaamp,' the manager of the Safecex exchange, posted in the troll box. Good sign. Watch this space.

And I am puddling along, reading here. Have shifted my tiny amount of trading to C-Cex, as Cryptopia's volume has been so low of late.

Mark
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 02:36:40 AM

Great job Alan!

"There is a feeling among small business owners that they have to reinvent the wheel when what they really need to do is repave the road."  Grin So true!

I think everyone should read this book. The principles apply to many aspects of everyday life, and if everyone applied some of them to their interactions with other people, projects they are working on, how they prioritize daily tasks, etc, there would be a lot more 'right' going on in their lives. The book is already on my best-seller list. Smiley

Thank you Chase, I agree, this extends beyond just business. The short term challenge will be getting the word out and getting the book into the hands of influencers, if anyone has any ideas feel free to share them, Alan and I are committed to making this happen. All, be sure to show your support on the kickstarter.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 02:37:02 AM

'Yaamp,' the manager of the Safecex exchange, posted in the troll box. Good sign. Watch this space.

And I am puddling along, reading here. Have shifted my tiny amount of trading to C-Cex, as Cryptopia's volume has been so low of late.

Mark

Ahh, good, at least they are responding again.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:02:32 AM

Great job Alan!

Thanks, Chase. Indeed, many of the principles I mentioned in the book apply to many aspects of everyday life.

If there is one more book you plan on reading I sincerely hope you will read this one.

"Pick your co-founders and partners wisely. A winning team trumps a great business idea every time. Give high preference to someone you know well who shares your ideology and philosophy, and with whom you share great mutual trust and respect. There must be sufficient common ground to work together, but complementary skill-sets that can cover the deficiencies any one of you may be lacking. It is also important to have a high degree of mutual interest and a clear understanding that each of you will represent the other’s best interest at all times. Your success in working well as a team is not likely due to how compatible the team members are, but by how well each of you can mesh together and make even your incompatible traits somehow compatible and complementary."

I know that many employers and their employees are struggling. That is what inspired me to write this book. With your help we will spread the word and make this book available to anyone who wants to read it.

"My true passion is focused on helping small business owners and those who are considering the launch of their own businesses. I have been blessed with knowledge, experience, and a strong conviction that it is possible to improve your odds of succeeding in business. It requires being passionate about what you are doing, committed to learning all that you can, and willing to do everything it takes to succeed in your business endeavor. This book is designed to help you in that process. If you can harness those things, you will be on the right path - a path that will take you as far as you want to go. While none of this is an exact science that offers certainty, I do strongly believe that you can improve your chances of achieving business success."
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 02:51:10 PM

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 5-8-2016

Winklevoss Twins’ Gemini Exchange Now Supports Ether
Full Disclosure: Winklevoss Twins Are Personally Invested in Ether
Nuspay Crypto Platform to be Hosted on Microsoft Azure
ConsenSys BTC Relay to Connect Ethereum with Bitcoin
Australia’s Treasury Asks Public’s Help for Cryptocurrency Classification

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-5-8-2016/

Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: