Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:18:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:58:44 AM

This week in crypto has been a rough one for me. I wrote about it here: http://creativecurrencies.cu.cc/2016/04/08/a-rough-crypto-week/

My real point in sharing it, though, is I wanted to make another shout-out to the DNotes team for standing out in the area of stability. When services or coins I like suddenly close down or make sudden changes that leave me scrambling, it really helps me to appreciate the value of coins which are actually built to last and have solid principles underlying them from the beginning.

Good job, everyone! It won't be long before all your hard work will be richly rewarded Smiley

Thank you for the kind words Wiser, excellent article, but sorry to hear of the struggle you are facing. We are doing our best to take the path of long term growth and building a globally accepted supplemental digital currency, that is a monumental task with far reaching implications. I have even noticed a trend in articles and writings geared toward realistic viability of projects and solving real world problems, and feel a shift in the industry coming where DNotes can thrive and people will begin coming over to our camp.

It was almost spooky to read how Wiser's experiences have run in parallel to IndiaMikeZulu's. We now have a couple of Paycoin Hashgizmos available cheap as fishing sinkers or door stops.

But my point is something I was thinking about before I read Wiser's post:

if a coin sinks in price . . . well, okay. If it sinks in price, and then stays steady at that price, and the community and dev team continue their work, it's hard to see where the disaster lies. Crypto geeks sadly misapprehend the relations between market cap and trading-volume, and the reason for that is because 99.9999999999999% of cryptos are either overtly or covertly vehicles for trading. Merchant development/'connecting to the outside world' are just some stuff they know they should pay lip service to.

But if Mike and Mary Merchant can buy and sell stuff with Dnotes, and not take profit-obliterating losses if they need to convert some to fiat, then volume rises, and price can only follow.

TL;DR: price stability (at any 'level') and steady volume are all that count.

Mark

P.s.: woo hoo! We got a request to work with a ransomware victim. Consultants, us!

"P.s.: woo hoo! We got a request to work with a ransomware victim. Consultants, us!" That's great. Congratulations, Mark.

We are here for the long term with a steadfast commitment to build DNotes as a purposeful and useful currency. Without that DNotes is just another crypto for speculative trading.

To gain mass acceptance it is a huge challenge we are working hard to overcome; hence our growing ecosystems being built block by block.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:35:27 AM

I thought it was just 'my Dnotes wallet to Poloniex'; but it's not: Dnotes transactions hammer through faster than any crypto I can think of. (Gonna hold the fort at Cryptopia, but settin' up shop at C-CEX.)

Mark
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:51:57 PM

Quote from: Ashley on Today at 03:20:35 AM

These are the World’s Top 10 Bitcoin-Friendly Countries  https://news.bitcoin.com/worlds-top-10-bitcoin-friendly-countries

Quote From Shepherd Today:

In my opinion, the list is not accurate, leaving out Singapore and a few other countries much more friendly than a few of those listed. Lol! for now I am happy as long as USA and Canada are on the list. We are going global. But strategically, it is always smarter to start off with a good home-base.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 03:01:29 PM

Blockchain Weekly Recap 4-9-2016

Red Hat Announces OpenShift Blockchain Initiative
JPX to Partner with Nomura Institute for Blockchain Trials
Delaware Partnership with Symbiont to Bring Blockchain Smart Contracts to State
IBM Envisions AI-Powered Blockchain
Bank Blockchain Trial Trades Credit-Default Swaps
Bank of Ireland Partners with Deloitte for Blockchain Trial

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-4-9-2016/

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:26:02 PM

It's interesting to see people's perspective on crypto and how easily money is lost and services are here today, gone tomorrow. Something I think we forget to take into account with this industry and, investment opportunity, is just how easy it is to get involved yet we continue to compare it with other investment markets such as stocks and commodities both consciously and subconsciously.

For example, what would you consider a workable portfolio in the stock market that could produce extended future earnings, ie income, for an individual? $100K? $500k? A million or more in USD? If your talking about life long income or retirement, more than a million invested is really needed.

However, you can buy millions of crypto coins for pennys compared to stocks and traded commodities making it very easy to buy in. But, here's the rub, value and future value.  Our minds tend to play a dirty trick on us when we work with money and value. A million alt coins valued at a tenth of a cent is nothing like a million US Dollars yet, our subconscious doesn't see it that way. Our mind ignores the vast difference in value and tells us we must be making a great investment since we are getting so much for so little completely ignoring the vast difference in real value.

And, that's a problem.

Anyone can buy in and risk whatever they bought trying to manipulate the market, without risking much really. "Pump and Dump" has become so prevalent, yet totally illegal, that coins are created specifically for the purpose. Companies run by people with no financial acumen hold themselves out to be crypto-financial advisers applying unproven and untested theories to your money!

The only saving grace comes in two things: it's early, the industry needs to shake out and settle down and, believe it or not, regulation. We absolutely need to follow the rules that apply to what I will call the "real financial world" since we are quickly becoming that very world.

So, we invest, we buy, we gain, we loose. You have to look at it as a learning curve and be glad you not spending mega dollars to learn a hard lesson unless you play with Bitcoin itself, then, all bets are off, good luck!

In conclusion, Alts like DNotes are, without a doubt, the best way to build a future but, to those "instant gratification" types out there, it won't happen overnight. Building value and real use cases for a crypto takes time and an enormous amount of work. It also takes talented people fully committed to the task such as we have here.

In conclusion, I have, over the last year or so, consolidated my long term holdings down to about 8 to 10 coins that I continue to invest in and support. That from about 60 at the height of it all. I see this further shrinking to perhaps 5 with DNotes at or near the top. No instant miracle coins, no super high tech wonders, no overnight "to the moon" projects, just good old fashioned hard work, good marketing, committed development team and, good use case with ongoing development.

So, you pay to play but sooner or later, you pay to invest so your money can pay you back. Then you can play some more...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 03:48:21 PM

It's interesting to see people's perspective on crypto and how easily money is lost and services are here today, gone tomorrow. Something I think we forget to take into account with this industry and, investment opportunity, is just how easy it is to get involved yet we continue to compare it with other investment markets such as stocks and commodities both consciously and subconsciously.

For example, what would you consider a workable portfolio in the stock market that could produce extended future earnings, ie income, for an individual? $100K? $500k? A million or more in USD? If your talking about life long income or retirement, more than a million invested is really needed.

However, you can buy millions of crypto coins for pennys compared to stocks and traded commodities making it very easy to buy in. But, here's the rub, value and future value.  Our minds tend to play a dirty trick on us when we work with money and value. A million alt coins valued at a tenth of a cent is nothing like a million US Dollars yet, our subconscious doesn't see it that way. Our mind ignores the vast difference in value and tells us we must be making a great investment since we are getting so much for so little completely ignoring the vast difference in real value.

And, that's a problem.

Anyone can buy in and risk whatever they bought trying to manipulate the market, without risking much really. "Pump and Dump" has become so prevalent, yet totally illegal, that coins are created specifically for the purpose. Companies run by people with no financial acumen hold themselves out to be crypto-financial advisers applying unproven and untested theories to your money!

The only saving grace comes in two things: it's early, the industry needs to shake out and settle down and, believe it or not, regulation. We absolutely need to follow the rules that apply to what I will call the "real financial world" since we are quickly becoming that very world.

So, we invest, we buy, we gain, we loose. You have to look at it as a learning curve and be glad you not spending mega dollars to learn a hard lesson unless you play with Bitcoin itself, then, all bets are off, good luck!

In conclusion, Alts like DNotes are, without a doubt, the best way to build a future but, to those "instant gratification" types out there, it won't happen overnight. Building value and real use cases for a crypto takes time and an enormous amount of work. It also takes talented people fully committed to the task such as we have here.

In conclusion, I have, over the last year or so, consolidated my long term holdings down to about 8 to 10 coins that I continue to invest in and support. That from about 60 at the height of it all. I see this further shrinking to perhaps 5 with DNotes at or near the top. No instant miracle coins, no super high tech wonders, no overnight "to the moon" projects, just good old fashioned hard work, good marketing, committed development team and, good use case with ongoing development.

So, you pay to play but sooner or later, you pay to invest so your money can pay you back. Then you can play some more...

Thank you RJF, great post. I believe this is the line of thinking our industry will move towards and we are starting to see already. "Building value and real use cases for a crypto takes time and an enormous amount of work." Absolutely correct, and we will continue to work on the projects that have use cases and real value in the world for everyday users.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:27:31 PM

And, that's a problem.

Thank you RJF, great post. I believe this is the line of thinking our industry will move towards and we are starting to see already. "Building value and real use cases for a crypto takes time and an enormous amount of work." Absolutely correct, and we will continue to work on the projects that have use cases and real value in the world for everyday users.

Excellent post, RJF. It could be a great article for DCEBrief.

DNotes, by choice, elected to take the most difficult path. However, I have no doubt that it is absolutely the correct path. What is so ironic is that our industry is dead-set against banks "creating money out of thin air" but at least it is done through some form of debt obligation. Crypto, on the other hand, through P & D literally creates money out of thin air but some constantly walked away with the hard earned coins of tens of thousands of "bag-holders". Sadly they have always been able to attract another bunch of suckers. Admittedly, I got burnt a few times too. So, thanks for your great advice, RJF.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:35:19 PM

Great post, RJF, with some great advice! I am finding that more and more, building true wealth in the cryptospace is not too much different than the old fashioned way: slowly, gradually, methodically.

I would love to see the list of coins you invest in. I have about three that I'm fairly actively accumulating and a few others that I play with or use in some way but am not trying to accumulate. I would like to know about some more good ones to buy and hold for the sake of improved diversity. I've noticed a bunch of new ones are coming on the scene but haven't had any time to research them adequately. I try to stay away from the P&D coins, but sometimes you do find yourself sitting on one unintentionally.

What I've found great about Cryptos is that I found a way to learn a lot about how various investing vehicles such as trade exchanges and stocks and even lending sites and so forth actually work because the cryptospace allows you to play with those things in small amounts and with low fees. For example, in the fiat world, the lowest I've seen for buying or selling stocks is $6.95 on discount sites such as Scott Trade. That's fine if you're buying several thousand dollars worth of stock, but it's a major bite if you're only able to spend $50. But with Crypto, trade fees are generally around 0.2% no matter how large or small, so it's workable. That's probably been the biggest benefit for me. I consider myself to be priced out of most fiat investments because putting in the minimal amounts is just too much of a risk for me at this point. But it's no problem for me to experiment with $10 or $20 worth of cryptos at a time and I can afford to lose that (and often do!). Plus I don't buy my cryptos using family money; I earn them in various ways and that's my play money.

I find it always helps to relate the various alt-coins I own back to their value in USD. This gives me a more realistic view of the actual value of my stash in terms of something that can actually buy me the things I need and want. Like RJF said, a coin that's worth only a few satoshis isn't going to be worth much to you even if you own several million of them. In fact, there is one low value coin I earn and regularly sell by the millions. At first it felt kind of weird going through millions of them in such a short time, but now it's just very normal. I guess that's probably not too far off from how people living in a place like Zimbabwe (where the currency is severely devalued) feel about spending hundreds of thousands on fairly small items. From the speculating point of view, of course, you hope to find the magic coin where you can buy and hold several million of them and while you still have them their value goes up to a dollar or more per coin and voila, instant millionaire. I think that is going to be pretty rare, though, and it's not going to happen with just any coin. I could see it happening with DNotes because of all the surrounding infrastructure, but it may take ten or fifteen years to get there. That is way more long term than most people in the cryptospace are willing to consider. To really make it in this world, you have to get out of speculating mode and invest in coins that have good fundamentals and then you have to keep track of what they're doing and how they're building value and so forth. Otherwise you could end up with something that has been abandoned or plain has lost its fundamental value (in which case you want to sell before everyone else figures it out). You have to be willing to unload those assets and not cry over what you lost from them on paper. But you also have to be willing to in a sense earn your cryptos. Do honest work in exchange for them, or outright buy them using fiat that you've earned and set aside for that purpose. As many people have observed, the over emphasis on speculation tends to hurt everyone, but the steady accumulation through honest work and a bit of smart trading and investing... well, there are probably way more opportunities here than in the fiat world, at least for those who aren't already wealthy, to make out really well that way.

Not too long ago I was catching up with an old friend I'd met back when I was more heavily involved in promoting the use of silver as a currency. He was still very much into silver as the best form of money and very skeptical about cryptocurrencies, but I told him some of my experiences anyway. He made this interesting comment to me: "The way you approach it is vastly different from the way every other person I've talked to about it has approached it. For you, it's all about value. You do some work for someone; they pay you in some kind of digital coin. Then you trade that coin into something else or keep it or cash it out. But you bring your value and basically exchange it for an equivalent value and then try to make that value grow." I got the impression that most of the people he'd talked to saw the whole thing as a speculation train or get rich quick opportunity. I guess I never saw it that way, which probably explains why I find some of what's said about Bitcoin, etc. to be totally incomprehensible. My involvement with crypto is a bit of a combination between a fun hobby that happens to at least fund itself and a part time job that doesn't yet pay commensurate with the time I put into it. But I do believe my involvement will pay off fairly well in the future, so in a sense it's also an investment, but not of the speculative type. At the very least it's extremely cheap tuition for the school of financial literacy.

And, that's a problem.

DNotes, by choice, elected to take the most difficult path. However, I have no doubt that it is absolutely the correct path. What is so ironic is that our industry is dead-set against banks "creating money out of thin air" but at least it is done through some form of debt obligation. Crypto, on the other hand, through P & D literally creates money out of thin air but some constantly walked away with the hard earned coins of tens of thousands of "bag-holders". Sadly they have always been able to attract another bunch of suckers. Admittedly, I got burnt a few times too. So, thanks for your great advice, RJF.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 01:39:14 AM

Great post, RJF, with some great advice! I am finding that more and more, building true wealth in the cryptospace is not too much different than the old fashioned way: slowly, gradually, methodically.

I would love to see the list of coins you invest in. I have about three that I'm fairly actively accumulating and a few others that I play with or use in some way but am not trying to accumulate. I would like to know about some more good ones to buy and hold for the sake of improved diversity. I've noticed a bunch of new ones are coming on the scene but haven't had any time to research them adequately. I try to stay away from the P&D coins, but sometimes you do find yourself sitting on one unintentionally.

What I've found great about Cryptos is that I found a way to learn a lot about how various investing vehicles such as trade exchanges and stocks and even lending sites and so forth actually work because the cryptospace allows you to play with those things in small amounts and with low fees. For example, in the fiat world, the lowest I've seen for buying or selling stocks is $6.95 on discount sites such as Scott Trade. That's fine if you're buying several thousand dollars worth of stock, but it's a major bite if you're only able to spend $50. But with Crypto, trade fees are generally around 0.2% no matter how large or small, so it's workable. That's probably been the biggest benefit for me. I consider myself to be priced out of most fiat investments because putting in the minimal amounts is just too much of a risk for me at this point. But it's no problem for me to experiment with $10 or $20 worth of cryptos at a time and I can afford to lose that (and often do!). Plus I don't buy my cryptos using family money; I earn them in various ways and that's my play money.

I find it always helps to relate the various alt-coins I own back to their value in USD. This gives me a more realistic view of the actual value of my stash in terms of something that can actually buy me the things I need and want. Like RJF said, a coin that's worth only a few satoshis isn't going to be worth much to you even if you own several million of them. In fact, there is one low value coin I earn and regularly sell by the millions. At first it felt kind of weird going through millions of them in such a short time, but now it's just very normal. I guess that's probably not too far off from how people living in a place like Zimbabwe (where the currency is severely devalued) feel about spending hundreds of thousands on fairly small items. From the speculating point of view, of course, you hope to find the magic coin where you can buy and hold several million of them and while you still have them their value goes up to a dollar or more per coin and voila, instant millionaire. I think that is going to be pretty rare, though, and it's not going to happen with just any coin. I could see it happening with DNotes because of all the surrounding infrastructure, but it may take ten or fifteen years to get there. That is way more long term than most people in the cryptospace are willing to consider. To really make it in this world, you have to get out of speculating mode and invest in coins that have good fundamentals and then you have to keep track of what they're doing and how they're building value and so forth. Otherwise you could end up with something that has been abandoned or plain has lost its fundamental value (in which case you want to sell before everyone else figures it out). You have to be willing to unload those assets and not cry over what you lost from them on paper. But you also have to be willing to in a sense earn your cryptos. Do honest work in exchange for them, or outright buy them using fiat that you've earned and set aside for that purpose. As many people have observed, the over emphasis on speculation tends to hurt everyone, but the steady accumulation through honest work and a bit of smart trading and investing... well, there are probably way more opportunities here than in the fiat world, at least for those who aren't already wealthy, to make out really well that way.

Not too long ago I was catching up with an old friend I'd met back when I was more heavily involved in promoting the use of silver as a currency. He was still very much into silver as the best form of money and very skeptical about cryptocurrencies, but I told him some of my experiences anyway. He made this interesting comment to me: "The way you approach it is vastly different from the way every other person I've talked to about it has approached it. For you, it's all about value. You do some work for someone; they pay you in some kind of digital coin. Then you trade that coin into something else or keep it or cash it out. But you bring your value and basically exchange it for an equivalent value and then try to make that value grow." I got the impression that most of the people he'd talked to saw the whole thing as a speculation train or get rich quick opportunity. I guess I never saw it that way, which probably explains why I find some of what's said about Bitcoin, etc. to be totally incomprehensible. My involvement with crypto is a bit of a combination between a fun hobby that happens to at least fund itself and a part time job that doesn't yet pay commensurate with the time I put into it. But I do believe my involvement will pay off fairly well in the future, so in a sense it's also an investment, but not of the speculative type. At the very least it's extremely cheap tuition for the school of financial literacy.

And, that's a problem.

Another very thoughtful post Wiser, really enjoyed reading it. Especially "At the very least it's extremely cheap tuition for the school of financial literacy". Reminded me Chase's recent article and what a valuable lesson cryptocurrency could teach, especially at this stage of it's progression.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:21:26 AM

Interesting article that predicts 47% of U.S. jobs are at risk of automation.

Why Everyone Must Get Ready For The 4th Industrial Revolution

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2016/04/05/why-everyone-must-get-ready-for-4th-industrial-revolution/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:45:17 AM

Bitcoin, Ether, Augur (and likely Slock.it), IoTa, Doge, CBX, BCN, Dnotes
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:53:52 PM

Bitcoin, Ether, Augur (and likely Slock.it), IoTa, Doge, CBX, BCN, Dnotes

For long term investment I would add GMC and Factom to the list.
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:56:47 PM

I would love to see the list of coins you invest in.

SNIP

Most likely, I shouldn't do this but, here is what I find promising at the moment. Remember, this is by NO MEANS an endorsement, suggestion, advise or anything more than a list of coins:

POS
--------------
BitBay
VeriCoin
MintCoin
CLOAK

POW
--------------
DNotes
DigiByte
Gulden
SysCoin

If you trade these and loose money, do not blame me! If you trade these and make money, do not thank me. Simply take it for what it is, a list...

Smiley

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:16:34 PM

Interesting article that predicts 47% of U.S. jobs are at risk of automation.

Why Everyone Must Get Ready For The 4th Industrial Revolution

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2016/04/05/why-everyone-must-get-ready-for-4th-industrial-revolution/

The problems, as we are seeing in our industry, are that we are too slow to learn and adapt, to quick to regulate, and too slow in identifying real opportunities.  

"that organizations could be unable or unwilling to adapt to these new technologies and that governments could fail to employ or regulate these technologies properly. In the book he postulates that shifting power will create important new security concerns, and that inequalities could grow rather than shrink if things are not managed properly."

Our world is changing at an ever increasing speed. Global collaboration will be increasingly more important. Size and available resources will have an advantage but they must make up of many individual small units (subsystems)that share the same mindsets whether they are working as a small group or as a very large system.

Quote from the DNotes Story: “I strongly believe that success in fast-paced industries like ours comes to the swift, to the agile, to those able to respond to the industry’s ever-changing demands, and the relentless pursuit of innovation. As you can imagine this approach combined with some hefty goals can only be accomplished with dedicated commitment over a long period of time.” - Alan Yong  
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 02:32:12 PM

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 4-10-2016

Circle Enters UK Market, Finds Partner in Barclays
Cryptsy Assets Frozen as Florida Court Places Exchange in Receivership
Bitwala Ends Funding Round with $900k
New Bitwage App Unveiled for iPhone
After Data Breach, Coinwallet Chooses to Shut Down
2016 Liberland Annual Conference Begins April 15th

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-4-10-2016/

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:51:01 PM

SNIP

Most likely, I shouldn't do this but, here is what I find promising at the moment. Remember, this is by NO MEANS an endorsement, suggestion, advise or anything more than a list of coins:

POS
--------------
BitBay
VeriCoin
MintCoin
CLOAK

POW
--------------
DNotes
DigiByte
Gulden
SysCoin

If you trade these and loose money, do not blame me! If you trade these and make money, do not thank me. Simply take it for what it is, a list...

Smiley

I will take these coins along with other ones mentioned and add them to a list to research at my earliest convenience, so thanks. And no, I wouldn't dream of blaming you if I decided to invest in one or more and it went sour--that's my responsibility.

One I happened to notice yesterday is Creditbit. Does anyone have an opinion about that one? Nice website and 8% minting rate, but that's all I know at this point.
kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 05:21:07 PM

SNIP

POS
--------------
BitBay
VeriCoin
MintCoin
CLOAK

POW
--------------
DNotes
DigiByte
Gulden
SysCoin

Smiley

I will take these coins along with other ones mentioned and add them to a list to research at my earliest convenience, so thanks. And no, I wouldn't dream of blaming you if I decided to invest in one or more and it went sour--that's my responsibility.

One I happened to notice yesterday is Creditbit. Does anyone have an opinion about that one? Nice website and 8% minting rate, but that's all I know at this point.

I've run across them, but not much information. Personally I would take a pass. My picks right now are DNotes, DigiByte, Ethereum, and I'm probably going to invest a bit in GameCredits. The key factors for my picks: proven track record, realistic goals, who/what is behind them, and proven long term intentions.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 05:34:23 PM

SNIP

POS
--------------
BitBay
VeriCoin
MintCoin
CLOAK

POW
--------------
DNotes
DigiByte
Gulden
SysCoin

Smiley

I've run across them, but not much information. Personally I would take a pass. My picks right now are DNotes, DigiByte, Ethereum, and I'm probably going to invest a bit in GameCredits. The key factors for my picks: proven track record, realistic goals, who/what is behind them, and proven long term intentions.

Those are good fundamentals to look for. The one disadvantage, of course, is that some of them mean you have to watch and wait for a while, meaning you can't be a super early adopter. However, that's not as much a problem as I would have thought two years ago. All coins have their ups and downs pricewise even long after the presence of those fundamentals is determined, so there are always good buy-in opportunities for the patient Smiley
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:05:51 PM

Has anyone heard how Chris made out at CoinFestUK? It would be great if there was a video clip.

Thanks Chris!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 06:11:10 PM

Has anyone heard how Chris made out at CoinFestUK? It would be great if there was a video clip.

Thanks Chris!  Smiley

I did talk to him yesterday when he got home, and says it went good. He will be making a post when he has a chance to recap. The coordinator says the person he had for video had to leave early for a family related issue, but he is going to get back to me. He may have something or some pictures.

Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: