Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:36:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814490 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:44:20 PM

Has anyone heard how Chris made out at CoinFestUK? It would be great if there was a video clip.

Thanks Chris!  Smiley

I did talk to him yesterday when he got home, and says it went good. He will be making a post when he has a chance to recap. The coordinator says the person he had for video had to leave early for a family related issue, but he is going to get back to me. He may have something or some pictures.

I understand that Chris made an awesome presentation. We are very proud of him. DNotes' volume at Poloniex shot up the last 24 hours. I suspect that Chris' great presentation has something to do with.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:38:54 PM

New York Times article states mobile pay is slow in taking off with consumers.

Why We Are Still Reaching for Wallets, Not Phones, at the Checkout

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/07/business/dealbook/why-we-are-still-reaching-for-wallets-not-phones-at-the-checkout.html

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 09:55:14 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/07/business/dealbook/why-we-are-still-reaching-for-wallets-not-phones-at-the-checkout.html

Interesting and somewhat expected when dealing with a persons finances and private information. Slow adoption is not a sign of failure in this case though and as the article stated, when there is significant advantage to using the app, like the starbucks one, people will use it. It is something we have to consider as we start to roll out DNotes payment network. How do we make it faster, more secure, and significant benefit to the user.

CryptoChris2

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:04:45 AM

Hi there - Chris here with an update from Coinfest UK.

The event was great, with a really good atmosphere of people coming together to promote Crypto as a group. We had a lot of informal interest in DNotes at the conference, from people from all over the UK and Europe, and people seemed to really get something out of the presentation. (I am reliably told that mine was the only presentation in which no-one reached for their mobile phone halfway through, so I will take that as a measure of some success..!)

What really makes DNotes stand out is that while everyone else forgets the importance of mass acceptance, or tries to promote mass acceptance through making coins easier to use, DNotes is about the philosophy, the community and the team behind it. The end result was that DNotes looked like one of the more substantial projects at Coinfest - a project that solves a problem rather than creates new ones.

I will be writing an OpEd article for DCEBrief in the coming days to give a flavour of the issues I covered, and the overall Coinfest experience, but if you're interested I have attached the presentation speech here in Google Docs form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-CehdX451LDrtmYTFyYniIOgw8GDjLYS56j7Pkyne5E/edit?usp=sharing

The feedback from the organisers is that DNotes had a huge impact on the success of the UK's first Coinfest thanks to our early involvement and the support of our community.

I would also like to thank you all for the support I have had from the DNotes Team in creating and presenting this talk.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 12:11:18 AM

The event was great, with a really good atmosphere of people coming together to promote Crypto as a group. We had a lot of informal interest in DNotes at the conference, from people from all over the UK and Europe, and people seemed to really get something out of the presentation. (I am reliably told that mine was the only presentation in which no-one reached for their mobile phone halfway through, so I will take that as a measure of some success..!)

What really makes DNotes stand out is that while everyone else forgets the importance of mass acceptance, or tries to promote mass acceptance through making coins easier to use, DNotes is about the philosophy, the community and the team behind it. The end result was that DNotes looked like one of the more substantial projects at Coinfest - a project that solves a problem rather than creates new ones.

I will be writing an OpEd article for DCEBrief in the coming days to give a flavour of the issues I covered, and the overall Coinfest experience, but if you're interested I have attached the presentation speech here in Google Docs form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-CehdX451LDrtmYTFyYniIOgw8GDjLYS56j7Pkyne5E/edit?usp=sharing

The feedback from the organisers is that DNotes had a huge impact on the success of the UK's first Coinfest thanks to our early involvement and the support of our community.

I would also like to thank you all for the support I have had from the DNotes Team in creating and presenting this talk.

Thanks Chris, excellent job on the presentation and we are really glad you were able to represent us in the UK CoinFest yesterday. Thank you for all your support!

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:55:28 AM

Thanks Chris, excellent job on the presentation and we are really glad you were able to represent us in the UK CoinFest yesterday. Thank you for all your support!

Wow Chris, your presentation was amazing! I can see why no one reached for their phone.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:59:59 AM

No rush on this, but does anyone know where there is an up to date complete list of all crypto exchanges (even the shady ones)?

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:27:56 AM

Has anyone heard how Chris made out at CoinFestUK? It would be great if there was a video clip.

Thanks Chris!  Smiley

The Chrises make it happen.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:34:29 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 02:05:42 AM by Dyna

Chris, thanks for the excellent presentation at Coinfest. You represented DNotes well. We appreciate your great efforts to develop a very compelling presentation with solid research behind it. Great job and looking forward to read your OpEd article.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 02:05:05 AM

No rush on this, but does anyone know where there is an up to date complete list of all crypto exchanges (even the shady ones)?

This is the best list I could come up with, as just about everyone trades litecoin. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/#markets

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:34:14 AM

This is the best list I could come up with, as just about everyone trades litecoin. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/#markets

That's great, thank you. The best I could find had about half as many names, including Mintpal, so I knew it was really outdated.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:33:03 PM

This is another "black eye" to our industry but should not come as a surprise. When I read about them expanding rapidly worldwide, over a year ago, I sensed that it was too good to be true. Following minimal research, I concluded that too many things did not add up. This is still a very high risk industry. Do your home work before investing or using any service such an exchange.  

Igot: Bitcoin investors 'owed thousands of dollars' by struggling Australian exchange

7.30 By the national technology reporter Jake Sturmer and Alison McClymont
Updated about 2 hours ago

Australian-founded bitcoin exchange Igot appears on the verge of collapse, with dozens of customers and clients claiming to be owed hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Key Points:

Customers say they bought Bitcoin through Igot but never received them or a refund
A former Igot advisor claims the company was insolvent in 2014
The company's owner says the money will be returned to investors
The company, which buys and sells bitcoins on behalf of customers, has for months been unable to completely deliver on those bitcoins or refund their money.

Its owner Rick Day admitted to the ABC that he was struggling to pay customers.

Read More:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-11/australian-bitcoin-exchange-igot-on-verge-of-collapse/7315894
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 02:21:06 PM

We are posting the DNotes story as the featured article today.

http://dcebrief.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:29:02 PM

We are posting the DNotes story as the featured article today.

http://dcebrief.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

This is a must read for anyone who follows DNotes or has any interest to learn more about the emerging industry of digital currency and the blockchain technology.

It is also highly recommended for any entrepreneur interested in challenging new business startups. The DNotes Story showcased the development and execution of multiple business strategies and principles outlined in the book -  'The Four Pillars of Business Success.' This is the story of a startup that began with a bold global ambition to revolutionize the controversial and well publicized cryptocurrency industry made famous by “Bitcoin”; possibly the greatest technological revolution since the internet.

The DNotes Story:
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:30:38 PM

Interesting and somewhat expected when dealing with a persons finances and private information. Slow adoption is not a sign of failure in this case though and as the article stated, when there is significant advantage to using the app, like the starbucks one, people will use it. It is something we have to consider as we start to roll out DNotes payment network. How do we make it faster, more secure, and significant benefit to the user.

I would venture say a big part of the reason "pay by phone" and other NFC payment solutions hasn't caught on is the merchants themselves. For example, I was shopping at a huge national retailer and asked the checkout person if they supported ApplePay on their terminals. The answer? "I don't know, whats that?" To put it mildly, a less than acceptable answer from a multi billion dollar retailer sporting multiple red circles on their masthead.  Since the terminal had the NFC symbol, I proceeded to show her how it worked and, yes, they supported it. Several others in line originally upset by the "delay" of several seconds in their self important lives then murmured "So that what that means"  Sad at best.

So, lets be real, if the store doesn't even know what they support, how confident would most people be in "giving it a try"? Not many I'm thinking. The lack of "follow through" in modern business is shocking...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:48:49 PM

I would venture say a big part of the reason "pay by phone" and other NFC payment solutions hasn't caught on is the merchants themselves. For example, I was shopping at a huge national retailer and asked the checkout person if they supported ApplePay on their terminals. The answer? "I don't know, whats that?" To put it mildly, a less than acceptable answer from a multi billion dollar retailer sporting multiple red circles on their masthead.  Since the terminal had the NFC symbol, I proceeded to show her how it worked and, yes, they supported it. Several others in line originally upset by the "delay" of several seconds in their self important lives then murmured "So that what that means"  Sad at best.

So, lets be real, if the store doesn't even know what they support, how confident would most people be in "giving it a try"? Not many I'm thinking. The lack of "follow through" in modern business is shocking...

Very good points, RJF. Great ideas are exciting but without focus, great execution, and "follow through" the lack of success and failures are common outcomes.

In the case of DNotes, we have purposely not engaged the temptation promoting DNotes as a form of payment to set up merchant accounts because we know that until we are ready we can not succeed. Yet I am still noticing many of our industry peers proudly proclaiming that their coins are going to be widely accepted by merchants as payment. I can not name a handful that have much of anything to show for.
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:52:25 PM

Very good points, RJF. Great ideas are exciting but without focus, great execution, and "follow through" the lack of success and failures are common outcomes.

In the case of DNotes, we have purposely not engaged the temptation promoting DNotes as a form of payment to set up merchant accounts because we know that until we are ready we can not succeed. Yet I am still noticing many of our industry peers proudly proclaiming that their coins are going to be widely accepted by merchants as payment. I can not name a handful that have much of anything to show for.

Only one really. GULDEN (NLG) has just completed a project whereby any merchant that accepts Bitcoin can also accept NLG. I believe they are the first in this regard. While I haven't looked too deeply into the technology, it is a step in the right direction, for them at least, since they are focusing on real world payment infrastructure.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:00:57 PM

Only one really. GULDEN (NLG) has just completed a project whereby any merchant that accepts Bitcoin can also accept NLG. I believe they are the first in this regard. While I haven't looked too deeply into the technology, it is a step in the right direction, for them at least, since they are focusing on real world payment infrastructure.

GULDEN is on my radar. Their mobile application is impressive.
kenboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:28:33 PM

wow,this coin alive too long Shocked Shocked
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 04:33:00 PM

wow,this coin alive too long Shocked Shocked

Welcome kenboy, and we still have a long way to go.

Pages: « 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: