Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:32:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 [462] 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814490 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 04:58:16 PM

I don't know if you have been following along on this, but fairly important battle going on here about encryption and public privacy and government wanting control over encrypted devices:

http://www.coindesk.com/fifth-amendment-bitcoin-private-key-battle/

http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 07:25:01 PM

Hello everybody,

I come forth to seek help:

I am looking for the best quotes over time that epitomise the DNotes project from our community members.

I am interested in the following topics:

Strategy;
Eco-system;
Business philosophy;
Vision;
CRISP plan quotes;
Quotes that epitomise our positive attitude when things haven't gone well;
Quotes about any of our other web properties - DCEBrief / CRISP / DNotesVault / Cryptomoms;
Winning [shall I e-mail Trump?];
Quotes that best explain the DNotes difference;
etc...

If you remember making a quote on the various topics above, or something related - or even if you remember something that somebody else has said that sticks in your mind, then could you please post them here, or private message them to me?

Thanks.

TeeGee, I will shoot you an email tonight if I can find a few.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:38:50 PM

Happy birthday DNotes. I'm proud to be a part and early adopter of DNotes as it's the only crypto I feel that has a true long term strategy that makes sense. Keep up the good work team.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 10:20:05 PM

Happy birthday DNotes. I'm proud to be a part and early adopter of DNotes as it's the only crypto I feel that has a true long term strategy that makes sense. Keep up the good work team.

Thank you Bergman, we appreciate the kind words and support!

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:49:02 AM

Hello everybody,

I am looking for the best quotes over time that epitomise the DNotes project from our community members.

Strategy;
Eco-system;
Business philosophy;
Vision;
CRISP plan quotes;
Quotes about any of our other web properties - DCEBrief / CRISP / DNotesVault / Cryptomoms;
etc...

If you remember making a quote on the various topics above, or something related - or even if you remember something that somebody else has said that sticks in your mind, then could you please post them here, or private message them to me?

Thanks.

I came across this when looking for something else:

(Re: Mintpal fiasco)

"Crypto is a small child learning how to walk. As it goes with this analogy, you walk, you run, you get hurt along the way but you learn and you don't make the same mistake again." - RJF

Is this the type of quote you are looking for?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:04:04 AM

It's a good one for sure;

And example would be... for strategy / vision / ideas / synergy:

“What people failed to recognize is that a good idea by itself is worth very little. It is the total packaging of an idea and how it can best be fully exploited if commercialized and marketed.”

Thank you.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:19:59 AM

Hello everybody,

Strategy;
Eco-system;
Business philosophy;
Vision;
CRISP plan quotes;
etc...

Thanks.

Here are a few quotes to get you started, TeeGee:

Quotes from Alan Yong:

"Many can develop impressive strategies on paper, but few can execute them flawlessly; even fewer have gained the mastery of dynamic strategic offset to overcome any surprises."

"You cannot afford to let yourself be blindsided by overconfidence, due to a misguided faith in your ability to excel in just one or two skill sets - or hope that superiority in those areas will somehow mask your mediocrity in every other area."

"As long as you do not give up prematurely, your skills will continue to be honed, and your ability to garner larger and larger victories will only grow over time."

“Trust in financial services is an immensely valuable brand. It must be built step by step with integrity over a sustained period of time so that others can witness the delivery of promises made and gain confidence over the course of time. DNotes’ core mission is to be the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It is intended to supplement national or fiat currencies worldwide; not replace them.”

‘For any business to be successful, one must first build a model of success and promote it with clear and consistent messaging, like preaching a religion. You want them to think like you and communicate like you, with everyone singing to the same tune - in perfect harmony.”

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:31:10 AM

I don't know if you have been following along on this, but fairly important battle going on here about encryption and public privacy and government wanting control over encrypted devices:

Sigh. Australia, at the bleeding-edge of behind-the-curve-ness:

http://www.itnews.com.au/news/experts-protest-aussie-law-banning-crypto-export-406439
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:55:50 AM

Hello everybody,

Strategy;
Eco-system;
Business philosophy;
Vision;
CRISP plan quotes;
etc...

Thanks.

Quotes from Alan Yong:

"Many can develop impressive strategies on paper, but few can execute them flawlessly; even fewer have gained the mastery of dynamic strategic offset to overcome any surprises."

"You cannot afford to let yourself be blindsided by overconfidence, due to a misguided faith in your ability to excel in just one or two skill sets - or hope that superiority in those areas will somehow mask your mediocrity in every other area."

"As long as you do not give up prematurely, your skills will continue to be honed, and your ability to garner larger and larger victories will only grow over time."

“Trust in financial services is an immensely valuable brand. It must be built step by step with integrity over a sustained period of time so that others can witness the delivery of promises made and gain confidence over the course of time. DNotes’ core mission is to be the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It is intended to supplement national or fiat currencies worldwide; not replace them.”

‘For any business to be successful, one must first build a model of success and promote it with clear and consistent messaging, like preaching a religion. You want them to think like you and communicate like you, with everyone singing to the same tune - in perfect harmony.”

It's easy to find quoteable material from you - lol. It's everyone else that requires a lot of searching.  Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

TeeGee

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:58:27 AM

Actually, I just recalled now taking quotes from more than half of your posts DYNA, which I can definitely look through also!

I'm also really interested in quotes from each of the CRISP directors, and frequent members of the community.

If you don't have a quote from the past, then feel free to make one up in reference to a major occurrence in the crypto industry from the last two years.

Examples to make a quote from, quotes that convey some type of lesson, or principles to live / do business by:

Mintpal;
Crappy dime a dozen currencies;
Pump and dumping;
Flying under the radar intentionally;
Agile development strategy;
Leadership;
Valuing employees;
Price stability;
Excecuting winning strategies;
Bitcoin's pitfalls and lessons there;
Security;
Freedom of information;
The monetary system;
Retirement, students, trust funds;
Wealth inequality;
Gender divide within crypto;

etc...

IMZ, I also definitely want a quote from you! (if you'd be so kind) I may look through your crypto-kindergarten blog a bit more tomorrow.

Thank you all.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:22:49 AM

Hello everybody,

Strategy;
Eco-system;
Business philosophy;
Vision;
CRISP plan quotes;
etc...

Thanks.

Quotes from Alan Yong:

It's easy to find quoteable material from you - lol. It's everyone else that requires a lot of searching.  Wink

Nice. I just wanted to get the party going!
TeeGee

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:43:22 AM

Hello everybody,

Strategy;
Eco-system;
Business philosophy;
Vision;
CRISP plan quotes;
etc...

Thanks.

Quotes from Alan Yong:

Thank you for those. Chase is right - you're easy to quote with a lifetime worth of good ideas Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 03:16:29 AM

Sigh. Australia, at the bleeding-edge of behind-the-curve-ness:

http://www.itnews.com.au/news/experts-protest-aussie-law-banning-crypto-export-406439

Wow, the study of cryptography would be considered criminal. That is ridiculous.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 04:50:43 AM

Another quick update on the Accumulator bot. You may download here. I still consider this to be Alpha phase and the same level of risk applies that I mentioned earlier.

One of the issues was the daily spend wasn't very evenly spread out during the course of the day. What I noticed is every so often it wouldn't pick up the buy orders resulting in the inability to calculate the amount already spent accurately, leading it to purchase larger amounts, and leaving little to work with later in the day. So I changed the approach of gathering the buy history, that may have a positive impact, but yet to be tested.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:07:34 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 04:21:23 PM by Chase

Interesting article out from MarketWatch:

A lot of it is info we are familiar with, but the ban on big bills caught my attention.

"This week Harvard professor and establishment mouthpiece Larry Summers joined the fight with a call to scrap certain “big” denomination bills — such as the $100 bill, and maybe even the $50. The reason? They make life too easy for criminals. Cash is anonymous and portable. Summers wants to restrict its use really to small bills used for small transactions."

Opinion: Here’s why you have to start taking bitcoin seriously

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-why-you-have-to-start-taking-bitcoin-seriously-2016-02-19

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 04:36:22 PM

Blockchain Weekly Recap 2-20-2016

IBM Blockchain Strategy Announced; Includes BaaS Offering.
French Pols: Finance Sector Jobs Threatened by Blockchain.
HyperLedger Project Announces Members, Code Proposals.
Dubai Blockchain Research Council Formed.
European Central Bank: Blockchain worth Exploring.

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-2-20-2016/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:37:07 PM

A lot of it is info we are familiar with, but the ban on big bills caught my attention.

"This week Harvard professor and establishment mouthpiece Larry Summers joined the fight with a call to scrap certain “big” denomination bills — such as the $100 bill, and maybe even the $50. The reason? They make life too easy for criminals. Cash is anonymous and portable. Summers wants to restrict its use really to small bills used for small transactions."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-why-you-have-to-start-taking-bitcoin-seriously-2016-02-19

Good article. Thanks for posting.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 06:51:40 PM

Another quick update on the Accumulator bot. You may download here. I still consider this to be Alpha phase and the same level of risk applies that I mentioned earlier.

One of the issues was the daily spend wasn't very evenly spread out during the course of the day. What I noticed is every so often it wouldn't pick up the buy orders resulting in the inability to calculate the amount already spent accurately, leading it to purchase larger amounts, and leaving little to work with later in the day. So I changed the approach of gathering the buy history, that may have a positive impact, but yet to be tested.

Another update to help spread out the buy orders, including over the course of an individual hour. A little bit more proactive error handling added as well. You may download here. This will likely be the final Alpha release, doing some testing over the next couple days, and a little cleaning up. After that we can look at some of the other options.

fortune-gold

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:54:06 PM

Congratulations and best wishes

(A generation plant trees; another takes the shadow)

Hello, fortune-gold. Good to see you again. Your saying is very fitting. By strategic choices, we spent the first two years in foundation building (tree planting). This year we are slowly shifting to a revenue model. With revenue and better clarity where the technology and regulatory requirements are going we will be moving onto the next phase - major development and commercialization. It takes time for the "trees" to grow.  Smiley

for me it is a pleasure
exactly Dyna what I meant to say ..

Wink Wink
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:24:17 PM

Good article. Thanks for posting.

Great article. I just wish they didn't elude to bitcoin being potentially untraceable for use with criminal activity.

Pages: « 1 ... 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 [462] 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: