Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:58:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814490 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:02:35 PM

Our Partner CrispforStudents in Turbocharged: Grand Prix!

http://bit.ly/208QMPH

Thank you very much, soundposition. It is a pleasant surprise and greatly appreciated. We honor our great friendship with a firm believe that GMC will go very far. A well deserving team of amazing people. Please convey our best wishes and best regards to Nele and Alex.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 08:00:22 PM

This article is worth a read. 9 Big Takeaways from R3's New Distributed Ledger Debut. Mostly explaining that R3 is not really using blockchain, but it has a role to play in their development plans, which makes a whole lot more sense to me. Bare in mind, most of this technology works in the background for banks, much like we don't see the infrastructure banks use to transact today.

Following a flurry of announcements that mostly highlighted how it was working with its partner banks on trials of existing blockchain systems, consortium startup R3CEV took steps to highlight its in-house technology development this week.

In a lengthy post published on both his personal blog and R3’s website, chief technology officer Richard Gendal Brown gave new details about the startup's thinking on the ecosystem, and most notably, why it is seeking a different approach with the blockchain-inspired technology it is building.

Of note was that Brown spoke out against what he said was an idea he admitted he had long championed – that blockchain-based systems could prove to be widely applicable solutions for business problems in the financial services sector.

Brown went so far as to call blockchains "inappropriate" for many banking scenarios, in remarks that were heavily deferential to the ecosystem’s early innovators, including bitcoin and Ethereum.

Such platforms, Brown reasoned, have emerged as novel solutions to "business problems", but he stressed that the financial services industry does not necessarily have the same problems that these technologies were designed to solve.

At a high level, the statements add up to what can be viewed as a mission statement from R3, one that positions the startup as more than a consortium effort between 43 major banks, but as a driver of technology in the space.

The statements also included the announcement of Corda, a new distributed ledger platform for which Brown provided the first details.

Here are the biggest takeaways and most interesting hints about what could come next from the R3 lab:

1. R3 believes more than blockchain is needed to solve bank problems

Early on in the post, Brown asserts that “blockchain” has become a term that is disassociated from its technological meaning.

In his description of Corda, Brown labels the technology a "distributed ledger platform", a term that has long been associated with its technology (and that of Ripple), but that has perhaps been more strongly associated with the latter company.

Still, Brown looks to distance R3 from this terminology, and emphasize his conclusion that “blockchain” solutions aren’t going to broadly solve financial industry issues:

"Corda is a distributed ledger platform designed from the ground up to record, manage and synchronize financial agreements between regulated financial institutions. It is heavily inspired by and captures the benefits of blockchain systems, without the design choices that make blockchains inappropriate for many banking scenarios."

Brown’s reasoning for the argument is that he feels this line of thinking is akin to applying technology to "arbitrary problems".

"Every successful project I’ve worked on started with the requirements, not some cool piece of technology, and I was determined to bring that discipline into our work at R3," he writes.

Brown goes on to state that he believes the reason blockchain is important in the equation of this larger problem is "extremely subtle", and one that is recognized in the architecture of the Corda platform.

The post also included a harsh critique of platforms that are not questioning why blockchains are needed to solve financial business problems, stating:

"If you don’t have bitcoin’s business problem then be very wary of those trying to sell you something that looks like a bitcoin solution."

[...] and there is much more.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:28:54 PM

This article is worth a read. 9 Big Takeaways from R3's New Distributed Ledger Debut. Mostly explaining that R3 is not really using blockchain, but it has a role to play in their development plans, which makes a whole lot more sense to me. Bare in mind, most of this technology works in the background for banks, much like we don't see the infrastructure banks use to transact today.

Following a flurry of announcements that mostly highlighted how it was working with its partner banks on trials of existing blockchain systems, consortium startup R3CEV took steps to highlight its in-house technology development this week.

In a lengthy post published on both his personal blog and R3’s website, chief technology officer Richard Gendal Brown gave new details about the startup's thinking on the ecosystem, and most notably, why it is seeking a different approach with the blockchain-inspired technology it is building.

Of note was that Brown spoke out against what he said was an idea he admitted he had long championed – that blockchain-based systems could prove to be widely applicable solutions for business problems in the financial services sector.

Brown went so far as to call blockchains "inappropriate" for many banking scenarios, in remarks that were heavily deferential to the ecosystem’s early innovators, including bitcoin and Ethereum.

Such platforms, Brown reasoned, have emerged as novel solutions to "business problems", but he stressed that the financial services industry does not necessarily have the same problems that these technologies were designed to solve.

At a high level, the statements add up to what can be viewed as a mission statement from R3, one that positions the startup as more than a consortium effort between 43 major banks, but as a driver of technology in the space.

The statements also included the announcement of Corda, a new distributed ledger platform for which Brown provided the first details.

Here are the biggest takeaways and most interesting hints about what could come next from the R3 lab:

1. R3 believes more than blockchain is needed to solve bank problems

Early on in the post, Brown asserts that “blockchain” has become a term that is disassociated from its technological meaning.

In his description of Corda, Brown labels the technology a "distributed ledger platform", a term that has long been associated with its technology (and that of Ripple), but that has perhaps been more strongly associated with the latter company.

Still, Brown looks to distance R3 from this terminology, and emphasize his conclusion that “blockchain” solutions aren’t going to broadly solve financial industry issues:

"Corda is a distributed ledger platform designed from the ground up to record, manage and synchronize financial agreements between regulated financial institutions. It is heavily inspired by and captures the benefits of blockchain systems, without the design choices that make blockchains inappropriate for many banking scenarios."

Brown’s reasoning for the argument is that he feels this line of thinking is akin to applying technology to "arbitrary problems".

"Every successful project I’ve worked on started with the requirements, not some cool piece of technology, and I was determined to bring that discipline into our work at R3," he writes.

Brown goes on to state that he believes the reason blockchain is important in the equation of this larger problem is "extremely subtle", and one that is recognized in the architecture of the Corda platform.

The post also included a harsh critique of platforms that are not questioning why blockchains are needed to solve financial business problems, stating:

"If you don’t have bitcoin’s business problem then be very wary of those trying to sell you something that looks like a bitcoin solution."

[...] and there is much more.

Very interesting. Those are the marks of a leader, not a follower. I often doubted how a "permissioned" blockchain could be of much help to banks and financial services. I have similar concern for many of the "blockchain" projects that have been heavily promoted. Projects are not sustainable for an extended period of time without a viable business model. Eventually, investors will come to that sad reality and abandon ship. It is a lot harder to do the right thing at the right time, especially when one has to go against what everyone else is doing. We need a lot more patience and hard work, but that is not a new thing for us. 
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:17:03 AM

Thanks for answering, I think it would be a good addition to DNotes as an option.  Have a great day.

No problem, if you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know. We are always appreciative of constructive feedback. You have a great day as well.

I kinda like his idea, something akin to "Certificate of Deposit" with a variable rate of return depending on the length of the commitment and the amount on deposit. I understand this would have to be researched to avoid any banking or legal quagmires but, it would be VERY attractive to new investors especially those with short attention spans! Biggest issue I suppose would be where does the "interest" come from? Grin

PS: From the regulation department, I suppose it would not be a legal issue if crypto is a commodity but, would be an issue if crypto is money. Since we have no definitive ruling on this, it's kinda a gray area huh?

We will add this to our wish list. Beginning the second half of this year we will kick R&D into high gear. I am thinking of posting Chapter 15 - DNotes Story on our website. Any suggestion? DNotes Story will be very informative to those who like to learn more about DNotes.

Actually, that's a really good idea!

The story is necessary to drum up interest in DNotes - and it pays to have it available to everybody rather than just people who buy the book. As an added bonus, if people like the story, they become more likely to purchase the book.

Probably put it on both the FourPillarsOfBusinessSuccess website, and also the DNotes website - even on DCEBrief etc.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:55:22 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2016, 01:14:59 PM by Dyna

Thanks for answering, I think it would be a good addition to DNotes as an option.  Have a great day.

No problem, if you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know. We are always appreciative of constructive feedback. You have a great day as well.

I kinda like his idea, something akin to "Certificate of Deposit" with a variable rate of return depending on the length of the commitment and the amount on deposit. I understand this would have to be researched to avoid any banking or legal quagmires but, it would be VERY attractive to new investors especially those with short attention spans! Biggest issue I suppose would be where does the "interest" come from? Grin

PS: From the regulation department, I suppose it would not be a legal issue if crypto is a commodity but, would be an issue if crypto is money. Since we have no definitive ruling on this, it's kinda a gray area huh?

We will add this to our wish list. Beginning the second half of this year we will kick R&D into high gear. I am thinking of posting Chapter 15 - DNotes Story on our website. Any suggestion? DNotes Story will be very informative to those who like to learn more about DNotes.

The story is necessary to drum up interest in DNotes - and it pays to have it available to everybody rather than just people who buy the book. As an added bonus, if people like the story, they become more likely to purchase the book.

Probably put it on both the FourPillarsOfBusinessSuccess website, and also the DNotes website - even on DCEBrief etc.

Good to know that you like the idea. TeeGee, you did an outstanding job in telling the DNotes Story, with contributions from a number of our team members. I am often amazed by what we have accomplished as a group working together. It makes the DNotes story worth sharing. Thanks to everyone for your contribution.

Here is the Introduction. Joe will be providing the link to the whole story later:

Chapter 15

The DNotes Story – An Unfolding Big Bold Idea of Global Scale

Introduction:

This is the true story of how DNotes founder Alan Yong’s vision, leadership, and winning strategies positioned the organization to best compete in a crowded and chaotic industry at its formative stage. The decentralized, “Wild West” nature of the industry is unforgiving - the lack of regulation, and the inability of centralized authorities to govern the cryptocurrency industry, makes it strategically vital to protect the business against unpredictable market movements. The DNotes story is unique in that a similar situation has not previously existed where so many challenges and uncertainties coincide with a new business startup in a nascent industry.

This chapter will showcase the development and execution of multiple business strategies and principles outlined in this publication. This is the story of a startup that began with a bold global ambition to revolutionize the controversial and well publicized cryptocurrency industry made famous by “Bitcoin”; possibly the greatest technological revolution since the internet.

The intention is to explain why digital currencies matter in the world’s rapidly changing economic environment in plain language. It is told by Tim Goggin, (“TeeGee” in the DNotes online community), Community Outreach Director at DNotes, against a backdrop of concern over mounting national debts and the threat of widespread financial crises that have led to growing skepticism of centrally controlled economies and top-down power structures. Cryptocurrencies are a direct response to this social change at a time when people are increasingly connected thanks to widely accessible computing and mobile devices.

Digital currencies, and the “blockchain” technology which underpins them, are perhaps the most effective innovation aimed at promoting equitability of economic growth and opportunity and improved access to essential services globally. It is estimated that more than 2.5 billion people live without basic banking and financial services: digital currencies render the traditional banking mechanisms – which underserve these people – obsolete, bringing financial services within reach of the underbanked and disenfranchised.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 01:34:24 PM

Wup yesterday night i dont know how but my ac adaptor of Zeus miner was burned, im out the bussiness for this moment !!

Ill buy new conectors and ac stuff, but preffer  soldering ac cable direct to gridseed blade

please RJF19 i sent pm time ago about how to do it, machine have 3 pins, and i have couple of cables black and yellow ,,, that make a few possible combinations but maybe machine burn trying them, i think i read you have few miners running, if you tell me how to do it, will be cheaper and faster solution.

thanks in advance,.

DNotes in games, DNotes in books, DNotes growing, very promising work Smiley

i need dig DNotes!!!!!!! please help.

Cheesy
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 02:58:08 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 4-8-2016

Bitcoin Venture Capital Sees First Quarter Increase
Japanese Demand for Bitcoin Sharply Increased
Shake Launches Tap and Pay Service
Coinify and iSignthis Partnership to provide Instantaneous Bitcoin Purchases
PeerJ Now Accepts Bitcoin
Bank of Canada Research Consultant: Bitcoin Standard too Restrictive for Policymakers

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-4-8-2016/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 03:04:24 PM

Wup yesterday night i dont know how but my ac adaptor of Zeus miner was burned, im out the bussiness for this moment !!

Ill buy new conectors and ac stuff, but preffer  soldering ac cable direct to gridseed blade

please RJF19 i sent pm time ago about how to do it, machine have 3 pins, and i have couple of cables black and yellow ,,, that make a few possible combinations but maybe machine burn trying them, i think i read you have few miners running, if you tell me how to do it, will be cheaper and faster solution.

thanks in advance,.

DNotes in games, DNotes in books, DNotes growing, very promising work Smiley

i need dig DNotes!!!!!!! please help.

Cheesy

Hey Infovortice, sorry to hear your other miner burned out. I looked it up online, but didn't find anything.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 04:09:37 PM

Good to know that you like the idea. TeeGee, you did an outstanding job in telling the DNotes Story, with contributions from a number of our team members. I am often amazed by what we have accomplished as a group working together. It makes the DNotes story worth sharing. Thanks to everyone for your contribution.

Here is the Introduction. Joe will be providing the link to the whole story later:

Chapter 15

Introduction:

This is the true story of how DNotes founder Alan Yong’s vision, leadership, and winning strategies positioned the organization to best compete in a crowded and chaotic industry at its formative stage. The decentralized, “Wild West” nature of the industry is unforgiving - the lack of regulation, and the inability of centralized authorities to govern the cryptocurrency industry, makes it strategically vital to protect the business against unpredictable market movements. The DNotes story is unique in that a similar situation has not previously existed where so many challenges and uncertainties coincide with a new business startup in a nascent industry.

This chapter will showcase the development and execution of multiple business strategies and principles outlined in this publication. This is the story of a startup that began with a bold global ambition to revolutionize the controversial and well publicized cryptocurrency industry made famous by “Bitcoin”; possibly the greatest technological revolution since the internet.

The intention is to explain why digital currencies matter in the world’s rapidly changing economic environment in plain language. It is told by Tim Goggin, (“TeeGee” in the DNotes online community), Community Outreach Director at DNotes, against a backdrop of concern over mounting national debts and the threat of widespread financial crises that have led to growing skepticism of centrally controlled economies and top-down power structures. Cryptocurrencies are a direct response to this social change at a time when people are increasingly connected thanks to widely accessible computing and mobile devices.

Digital currencies, and the “blockchain” technology which underpins them, are perhaps the most effective innovation aimed at promoting equitability of economic growth and opportunity and improved access to essential services globally. It is estimated that more than 2.5 billion people live without basic banking and financial services: digital currencies render the traditional banking mechanisms – which underserve these people – obsolete, bringing financial services within reach of the underbanked and disenfranchised.

Hey all, here is the first one. I may make it the featured article on DCEBrief for Monday.
https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:39:50 PM

Chapter 15

Introduction:

Hey all, here is the first one. I may make it the featured article on DCEBrief for Monday.
https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

Awesome job on the DNotes Story, TeeGee!!  Smiley

That will make a great article for DCEBrief and should get a lot of secondary circulation on social media.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:17:26 PM

Chapter 15

Introduction:

Great work on the DNotes story Tim.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:56:29 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 4-8-2016

Bitcoin Venture Capital Sees First Quarter Increase
Japanese Demand for Bitcoin Sharply Increased
Shake Launches Tap and Pay Service
Coinify and iSignthis Partnership to provide Instantaneous Bitcoin Purchases
PeerJ Now Accepts Bitcoin
Bank of Canada Research Consultant: Bitcoin Standard too Restrictive for Policymakers

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-4-8-2016/

Having been super busy DCEBrief has been a valuable news source for me. I have just enough time to keep up with headline news.

Well, once in a while, I do try to read the first few pages, such as "Bank of Canada Research Consultant: Bitcoin Standard too Restrictive for Policymakers." What is interesting about this research paper is that it came to the same conclusion about the future of Bitcoin and digital currency as we always have - it will not replace fiat currency currency.

Good to have some else do the research to confirm that we are on the right track. DNotes is built to be the trusted global digital currency to supplement, not replace fiat currency globally. To gain a better understanding why we feel so strongly about it read the DNotes Story and stay tuned: https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:20:32 PM

I found this on Twitter today and it would be funny if it wasn't eerily true. I'm not sure if they switched the definitions on purpose or not.

"The @ECB explanation of why central banks can’t become insolvent is very similar to that in the Monopoly rules."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 11:32:48 PM

I found this on Twitter today and it would be funny if it wasn't eerily true. I'm not sure if they switched the definitions on purpose or not.

"The @ECB explanation of why central banks can’t become insolvent is very similar to that in the Monopoly rules."

Oh I see, that took me a while to figure out the Monopoly rules were switched with the ECB explanation, lol. It would be interesting to know just how much "negative equity" is out there.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:02:45 AM

Oh I see, that took me a while to figure out the Monopoly rules were switched with the ECB explanation, lol. It would be interesting to know just how much "negative equity" is out there.

Sadly, there is much truth to it. But enough people like the party to keep going. As it is. "Physical cash accounts for less than 3 per cent of the total stock of money in the economy. Commercial bank money – credit and coexistent deposits – makes up the remaining 97 per cent of the money supply." http://www.neweconomics.org/publications/entry/where-does-money-come-from
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:42:48 AM

This week in crypto has been a rough one for me. I wrote about it here: http://creativecurrencies.cu.cc/2016/04/08/a-rough-crypto-week/

My real point in sharing it, though, is I wanted to make another shout-out to the DNotes team for standing out in the area of stability. When services or coins I like suddenly close down or make sudden changes that leave me scrambling, it really helps me to appreciate the value of coins which are actually built to last and have solid principles underlying them from the beginning.

Good job, everyone! It won't be long before all your hard work will be richly rewarded Smiley
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 01:16:34 AM

This week in crypto has been a rough one for me. I wrote about it here: http://creativecurrencies.cu.cc/2016/04/08/a-rough-crypto-week/

My real point in sharing it, though, is I wanted to make another shout-out to the DNotes team for standing out in the area of stability. When services or coins I like suddenly close down or make sudden changes that leave me scrambling, it really helps me to appreciate the value of coins which are actually built to last and have solid principles underlying them from the beginning.

Good job, everyone! It won't be long before all your hard work will be richly rewarded Smiley

Thank you for the kind words Wiser, excellent article, but sorry to hear of the struggle you are facing. We are doing our best to take the path of long term growth and building a globally accepted supplemental digital currency, that is a monumental task with far reaching implications. I have even noticed a trend in articles and writings geared toward realistic viability of projects and solving real world problems, and feel a shift in the industry coming where DNotes can thrive and people will begin coming over to our camp.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:32:55 AM

Thank you for the kind words Wiser, excellent article, but sorry to hear of the struggle you are facing. We are doing our best to take the path of long term growth and building a globally accepted supplemental digital currency, that is a monumental task with far reaching implications. I have even noticed a trend in articles and writings geared toward realistic viability of projects and solving real world problems, and feel a shift in the industry coming where DNotes can thrive and people will begin coming over to our camp.

LOL... it comes with the territory. Great to see a trend towards more solid ventures. I've noticed it too. I would say that there are more solid investments today than there were a year ago. I've been lucky to find some of them. I have a reasonable hope that given another few years, I and my family will be faring pretty well from my crypto-involvements. The struggles and losses are part of the journey, I think, and this time around they've actually been minimal. I'm learning to spot the warning signs and act much earlier than when I was a newbie Smiley
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:34:02 AM

Wow! quite an article. Wiser, you are a great story teller though I feel bad that you went through all that. It is so reflective of the crypto world and likely to continue. So be careful where you are investing your hard earned coins.

Thank you for your kind comments about DNotes. We are committed to a very long term investment. I certainly encourage everyone to read the DNotes Story and decide for yourself:  https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:36:04 AM

It was almost spooky to read how Wiser's experiences have run in parallel to IndiaMikeZulu's. We now have a couple of Paycoin Hashgizmos available cheap as fishing sinkers or door stops.

But my point is something I was thinking about before I read Wiser's post:

if a coin sinks in price . . . well, okay. If it sinks in price, and then stays steady at that price, and the community and dev team continue their work, it's hard to see where the disaster lies. Crypto geeks sadly misapprehend the relations between market cap and trading-volume, and the reason for that is because 99.9999999999999% of cryptos are either overtly or covertly vehicles for trading. Merchant development/'connecting to the outside world' are just some stuff they know they should pay lip service to.

But if Mike and Mary Merchant can buy and sell stuff with Dnotes, and not take profit-obliterating losses if they need to convert some to fiat, then volume rises, and price can only follow.

TL;DR: price stability (at any 'level') and steady volume are all that count.

Mark

P.s.: woo hoo! We got a request to work with a ransomware victim. Consultants, us!

Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: