Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:22:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:22:35 PM

Wow, that's pretty packed! How much prior knowledge of cryptocurrencies are we assuming on the part of the *other* people in the proverbial elevator?

Edit: I guess what I'm really asking is how are we going to anchor this by connecting it with what the recipient already knows? It doesn't have to be Bitcoin either. But whatever it is that the recipient knows that we're building on, then we have to connect DNotes to it in a way that makes sense--in 30 seconds Smiley

Here is a good project for our community. Below is my rough draft of a 30 Second Elevator Pitch becoming a more common request as we engage more and more busy investors. Try and improve what I got started or come up with your own version. Please note that "online global market places" are future projects.

30 Second Elevator Pitch

DNotes is the most stable digital currency with reliable long term appreciation and a consistent trend line of establishing higher highs and higher lows since first traded in March 2014; from 200 satoshi to 4500 satoshi. DNotes = Trust. That is our brand. It has created a new culture of mutual cooperation, mass inclusion of everyone irrespective of financial standing, race or gender. It created and funded CryptoMoms to bridge the gender gap while making it a currency neutral site to engage industry peers’ participation. It created DNotesVault to provide a free secure cold storage for all DNotes stakeholders with easy of use and peace of mind, with 100% verifiable deposit guarantee. It created a family of cryptocurrency investment savings plans (CRISP) to promote and encourage early saving habits and long term investment. There is a plan for everyone; from the unborn to the most senior; from the poor to the super rich. It is positioned to provide viable solutions in cooperation with international charity organizations to help solve global problems. CRISP for Retirement targets small business owners while CRISP For Employees Incentive Benefits targets their employees. With multiple online global market places DNotes stakeholders and other merchants gain the maximum benefits of the low cost transaction using DNotes as a medium of exchange. That is our pathway to mass consumer and mass merchant adoption. Opps, I just used up my 30 seconds.

This is extremely challenging. I have personally reviewed hundreds of business plans but never came across any business that has the potential of such massive size and scope It is also multi-dimensional involving many segments that can be a massive business by itself. Take for example, the proposed DNotes regulated global exchange. For better clarity use Coinbase as an example. Coinbase is two year old Bitcoin exclusive exchange. Based on the last investment of $75 million for 10% of the company, it is valued at $750 million today. I do not believe that the shareholders want to sell Coinbase even if there is an offer of $1 billion or more. DNotes exchange will be designed to trade DNotes as well as Bitcoin, perhaps a couple other digital currency as well. It will also be linked to many other financial services with the backing of DNotesVault. This is just one business unit and there are many more, too early and speculative to discuss at this stage. DNotes is a long term momentum play. Once it gathered the momentum it is well positioned to take off rapidly and dominate.

The target audience are investors who have a fair knowledge of Bitcoin but have been somewhat hesitant in betting large investment on Bitcoin because of its track record. So their mentality could ..... "So what is so different about DNotes compared to Bitcoin? Why should I consider DNotes seriously?   You got 30 seconds. Go ahead and convince me" I was just given that challenge just two days ago.

Good luck.

So... just making sure I understand this correctly... the way to be a part of ALL of it is to buy some DNotes. I mean, DNotes *are* the shares, right?

Would the convinced investors then be led to buy their DNotes on an exchange (first having to buy Bitcoin), or do some of them buy directly from you?

I'll be giving this more thought over the weekend...
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:50:11 AM

Wow, that's pretty packed! How much prior knowledge of cryptocurrencies are we assuming on the part of the *other* people in the proverbial elevator?

Edit: I guess what I'm really asking is how are we going to anchor this by connecting it with what the recipient already knows? It doesn't have to be Bitcoin either. But whatever it is that the recipient knows that we're building on, then we have to connect DNotes to it in a way that makes sense--in 30 seconds Smiley

Here is a good project for our community. Below is my rough draft of a 30 Second Elevator Pitch becoming a more common request as we engage more and more busy investors. Try and improve what I got started or come up with your own version. Please note that "online global market places" are future projects.

30 Second Elevator Pitch

DNotes is the most stable digital currency with reliable long term appreciation and a consistent trend line of establishing higher highs and higher lows since first traded in March 2014; from 200 satoshi to 4500 satoshi. DNotes = Trust. That is our brand. It has created a new culture of mutual cooperation, mass inclusion of everyone irrespective of financial standing, race or gender. It created and funded CryptoMoms to bridge the gender gap while making it a currency neutral site to engage industry peers’ participation. It created DNotesVault to provide a free secure cold storage for all DNotes stakeholders with easy of use and peace of mind, with 100% verifiable deposit guarantee. It created a family of cryptocurrency investment savings plans (CRISP) to promote and encourage early saving habits and long term investment. There is a plan for everyone; from the unborn to the most senior; from the poor to the super rich. It is positioned to provide viable solutions in cooperation with international charity organizations to help solve global problems. CRISP for Retirement targets small business owners while CRISP For Employees Incentive Benefits targets their employees. With multiple online global market places DNotes stakeholders and other merchants gain the maximum benefits of the low cost transaction using DNotes as a medium of exchange. That is our pathway to mass consumer and mass merchant adoption. Opps, I just used up my 30 seconds.

This is extremely challenging. I have personally reviewed hundreds of business plans but never came across any business that has the potential of such massive size and scope It is also multi-dimensional involving many segments that can be a massive business by itself. Take for example, the proposed DNotes regulated global exchange. For better clarity use Coinbase as an example. Coinbase is two year old Bitcoin exclusive exchange. Based on the last investment of $75 million for 10% of the company, it is valued at $750 million today. I do not believe that the shareholders want to sell Coinbase even if there is an offer of $1 billion or more. DNotes exchange will be designed to trade DNotes as well as Bitcoin, perhaps a couple other digital currency as well. It will also be linked to many other financial services with the backing of DNotesVault. This is just one business unit and there are many more, too early and speculative to discuss at this stage. DNotes is a long term momentum play. Once it gathered the momentum it is well positioned to take off rapidly and dominate.

The target audience are investors who have a fair knowledge of Bitcoin but have been somewhat hesitant in betting large investment on Bitcoin because of its track record. So their mentality could ..... "So what is so different about DNotes compared to Bitcoin? Why should I consider DNotes seriously?   You got 30 seconds. Go ahead and convince me" I was just given that challenge just two days ago.

Good luck.

So... just making sure I understand this correctly... the way to be a part of ALL of it is to buy some DNotes. I mean, DNotes *are* the shares, right?

Would the convinced investors then be led to buy their DNotes on an exchange (first having to buy Bitcoin), or do some of them buy directly from you?

I'll be giving this more thought over the weekend...

We do not sell any DNotes. I purchased every single DNotes I own through the different exchanges where DNotes are listed. This includes well over 2 million DNotes I purchased and given away. DNotes is the decentralized currency without the central authority or control of any entity or group of individuals. It is owned, at will, by all of its stakeholders. Being at will ownership means shakeholders of DNotes can change their DNotes ownership in whole or in parts without notice. The same rules apply to the community. The community can be abandoned without notice. This new ownership concept has its strengths and weaknesses. DNotes team has developed multi-layer strategies to  compensate for the weaknesses while exploiting its strengths. DNotes team believes that one of Bitcoin's biggest challenges is because of the lack of an individual or a group of individuals who collectively have sufficient self interest to protect and promote Bitcoin, and stand by it.

We are in totally support of the decentralized philosophy of the currency. What we believe to be of paramount importance is a group of individuals, with sufficient self interest, and or an entity along side of the currency with great leadership and commitment to protect and promote the best interest of the currency on behalf of all of DNotes stakeholders. Up to this point, that support group of individuals are the DNotes team along with its community and collectively they clearly have to the self interest to protect, promote and stand by DNotes the currency. We just disclosed a large part of our trade secret. However, making it happen is a totally different issue. I will let others comment on it.

We will be adding an additional layer of support in the coming months. One or more companies will be incorporated to be the owners of our ecosystem, namely DNotesVault and CryptoMoms, and DNotes exchange and other properties in the future. This will be a for profit company or group of companies. DNotes the currency will own as much as 25% of this company. (The ownership structure of this company has not being finalized) By extension ownership, any stakeholder of DNotes will also owns a part of "The Company". This company will be used as the vehicle to raise working capital for our anticipated rapid expansion starting next year. One of our winning strategies is that "we are willing to do things others won't do, so that one day we can do things others can't do".
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:22:37 AM

I think the content is of Dyna's elevator pitch is good, I agree with the tradeoff between knowledge of the industry, and succinct communication that provides sufficient interest to inquisitive future DNotes stakeholders.

Has anybody in this forum seen a Digital Currency Employee Benefits program online that pre-dates CRISP for Employee Benefits?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 01:47:02 AM

I think the content is of Dyna's elevator pitch is good, I agree with the tradeoff between knowledge of the industry, and succinct communication that provides sufficient interest to inquisitive future DNotes stakeholders.

Has anybody in this forum seen a Digital Currency Employee Benefits program online that pre-dates CRISP for Employee Benefits?

Did some searching just now and was unable to find anything like that.

TeeGee

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:51:14 AM

My search yielded the same, I suppose it's another world first from DNotes.

kold678

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:09:43 AM

anyone see what is going on dnotes price plummeting and dnotes pool says no block found for 15 hrs so I post here as this will get faster attention thank you
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:13:09 AM

Smiley

Found nothing as well. BTW, REALLY like this:

"We are willing to do things others won't do, so that one day we can do things others can't do"

It's so easy for him to come up with these gems!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:22:39 AM

anyone see what is going on dnotes price plummeting and dnotes pool says no block found for 15 hrs so I post here as this will get faster attention thank you

Looks like DNotes Pool is having issues, I'm sure it will be fixed soon. There are many other pools that mine DNotes, no worries. Price will do what it does, no need to panic, it's all part of the up and downs of the infrastructure. I notified him through pool email but if anyone has a better conduit, might be faster.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:33:00 AM

shoot strong buy in my opinion, i'm surprised i'm one of the few jumping in at this price.

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:40:28 AM

shoot strong buy in my opinion, i'm surprised i'm one of the few jumping in at this price.

Good point, I tend to look at any price drop as a buy oppertunity...  Smiley

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 03:07:05 AM

Thanks kold678, seen this a few times, it was usually just the cron the updates the stats. I will send him an email though.

kold678

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:13:28 AM

no my cg miner had some kind of error said it missed 60 blocks and something else I have never seen also couldn't connect was the  last thing but I just shifted over to emc2 for now as dnotes pool is the only one I use ,always the largest and ive been there since day one , ;Dbut I do thank you for trying to contact him to resolve the issue  Grin
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:30:00 AM

Sigh -- only a pinch of Bitcoin spare; but got a tiny packet of NOTE @ ~4000 -- seems like a bargain!

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:56:02 PM

Smiley

"We are willing to do things others won't do, so that one day we can do things others can't do"

RJF: First off, very honored to have met you in person! It was also very nice to see Dyna and DNotes. Up until DNotes (the currency) was born, Dyna, DNotes (the person DNotes) and I worked side by side every day. I took that for granted. Now, I just talk to them on the phone daily. I am in Coldwater, MI at the farm, Dyna is in West Chicago, and DNotes (the person) is still in the great state of Indiana. So, it was kinda like a family reunion for us.

The quote above is a thought that Dyna has pounded into my head since I have met him in the year 2000. Since we became joined at the hip in 2004 or so, that quote has been our "mantra", the very heart of the business(s). It is not unusual at all for us to work 100 hour weeks, sometimes for months on end. I was raised on a farm as a worker bee (I think Dad thought slavery still existed!). Dyna was doing adult's work at a very young age on the other side of the world from me. So, for us, work is just as normal as breathing itself. We also refuse to let any roadblocks keep us from our goal. In the five short years it took us to become one of the top dogs in the daylily world, we had lots of events that would have stopped most others from achieving the goal. We dealt with emergency heart surgery, deadly cancer, a failing economy, and several other significant events. Dyna was back at work two weeks after emergency heart surgery. I ran the Fireplace Company and the Daylily Farm from Mayo Clinic for a time. We let nothing stop us!

Smokeys Gardens/DNotes/My Personal Mantra:

Smokey

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:16:33 PM

Smiley

RJF: First off, very honored to have met you in person! It was also very nice to see Dyna and DNotes. Up until DNotes (the currency) was born, Dyna, DNotes (the person DNotes) and I worked side by side every day. I took that for granted. Now, I just talk to them on the phone daily. I am in Coldwater, MI at the farm, Dyna is in West Chicago, and DNotes (the person) is still in the great state of Indiana. So, it was kinda like a family reunion for us.

The quote above is a thought that Dyna has pounded into my head since I have met him in the year 2000. Since we became joined at the hip in 2004 or so, that quote has been our "mantra", the very heart of the business(s). It is not unusual at all for us to work 100 hour weeks, sometimes for months on end. I was raised on a farm as a worker bee (I think Dad thought slavery still existed!). Dyna was doing adult's work at a very young age on the other side of the world from me. So, for us, work is just as normal as breathing itself. We also refuse to let any roadblocks keep us from our goal. In the five short years it took us to become one of the top dogs in the daylily world, we had lots of events that would have stopped most others from achieving the goal. We dealt with emergency heart surgery, deadly cancer, a failing economy, and several other significant events. Dyna was back at work two weeks after emergency heart surgery. I ran the Fireplace Company and the Daylily Farm from Mayo Clinic for a time. We let nothing stop us!

Smokey

Excellent post. We started with nothing but totally committed to change that so that we would have something, not just for oneself but for everyone else involved. It is not where we are at this point but where we are going from that matters. DNotes is trending to be a global force, not just for our current DNotes stakeholders but for many around the globe we can be a positive force. Together we can be the agent of change for a better world.  
TeeGee

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:03:42 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2015, 03:43:36 PM by TeeGee

Smiley

Smokey

Excellent post. We started with nothing but totally committed to change that so that we would have something, not just for oneself but for everyone else involved. It is not where we are at this point but where we are going from that matters. DNotes is trending to be a global force, not just for our current DNotes stakeholders but for many around the globe we can be a positive force. Together we can be the agent of change for a better world. 

I really enjoy reading the personal anecdotes in this forum when they surface, and the lessons learned from said adventures. The great words spoken in Smokey's post are not just a mantra, but is a life philosophy that will change the lives of those who read it, and take it on board. You really need to have a passion for what you're doing, because if you don't, then I think any rational person would give up when it's hard. That is how Smokey, Dyna and DNotes (the person) ran businesses from mayo clinic.

The wording of Dyna's quote is rather elegant. My father used to say something similar to me growing up that I took on board - but think I misapplied for a wee while - "Successful people are good at doing what other people do not want to do". It's correct in the context that he meant it, but to a young ~12-14 year old boy, it doesn't make you any more enthusiastic about doing the dishes! That said, if you can not do the dishes right, how on earth are you going to run a fortune 500 company?

People seem to think there is some magical formula that exists to be successful, but I think it really just boils down to productivity; that you'll do a task to the best of your ability with the allotted time that you have. Successful people know that time is the most precious commodity; it is the one thing that you can not buy, and the one thing that you can not buy back! I think that is what my dad meant - that just going through the motions in life is the most disadvantageous thing that you can do. Doing something right the first time, means you don't have to do it again. Perhaps successful people put their heart and soul into every task, no matter how small it is, so that they can be the best that they can be. Less motivated people will do it wrong, and find excuses to rationalize failure.

I hear lots of people at various jobs say "I won't get the job because that persons dad is Chief Exec of Ministry of such n such" or in the gym I hear 'going through the motions' people say "I can't lose weight, or put on muscle, or build my arms, because of my genetics" without thinking that it isn't so much about the genetics, but about the effort; about doing the activity right. There exists, people that don't believe mainstream adoption of Digital Currency can be achieved because bankers, government, volatility...x,y,z. Are they just the people in the gym blaming their genetics, before they've even tried with the best strategy and concerted effort to do the activity right?

so...

"Successful people are good at doing what other people do not want to do" - My dad

=

"We are willing to do things others won't do, so that one day we can do things others can't do" - DYNA

=

"It's not about the time, but about the effort." - TeeGee

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 03:04:34 PM

This was worthy of a monetion, Bitcoin still hasn't been 'hacked' in 7 years due to the unique complexity of what it would take to hack it.

527 US Banks Have Failed Since Late 2008, but the Bitcoin Protocol ‘Still Hasn’t Been Hacked’

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) reports that there have been 527 bank failures in the U.S since the invention of Bitcoin in late 2008. While billions of dollars have been lost due to bank failures and hackings, the Bitcoin protocol itself has never been hacked.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114265/527-us-banks-have-failed-since-late-2008-but-the-bitcoin-protocol-still-hasnt-been-hacked

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:34:38 PM

This was worthy of a monetion, Bitcoin still hasn't been 'hacked' in 7 years due to the unique complexity of what it would take to hack it.

527 US Banks Have Failed Since Late 2008, but the Bitcoin Protocol ‘Still Hasn’t Been Hacked’

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) reports that there have been 527 bank failures in the U.S since the invention of Bitcoin in late 2008. While billions of dollars have been lost due to bank failures and hackings, the Bitcoin protocol itself has never been hacked.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114265/527-us-banks-have-failed-since-late-2008-but-the-bitcoin-protocol-still-hasnt-been-hacked

Maybe it's the banks that should come with the dire warning "Don't invest more than you can afford to lose in case of a total loss!" Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 03:38:33 PM

Smiley

Smokey

I really enjoy reading the personal anecdotes in this forum when they surface, and the lessons learned from said adventures. The great words spoken in Smokey's post are not just a mantra, but is a life philosophy that will change the lives of those who read it, and take it on board. You really need to have a passion for what you're doing, because if you don't, then I think any rational person would give up when it's hard. That is how Smokey, Dyna and DNotes (the person) ran businesses from mayo clinic.

The wording of Dyna's quote is rather elegant. My father used to say something similar to me growing up that I took on board - but think I misapplied for a wee while - "Successful people are good at doing what other people do not want to do". It's correct in the context that he meant it, but to a young ~12-14 year old boy, it doesn't make you any more enthusiastic about doing the dishes! That said, if you can not do the dishes right, how on earth are you going to run a fortune 500 company?

People seem to think there is some magical formula that exists to be successful, but I think it really just boils down to productivity; that you'll do a task to the best of your ability with the allotted time that you have. Successful people know that time is the most precious commodity; it is the one thing that you can not buy, and the one thing that you can not buy back! I think that is what my dad meant - that just going through the motions in life is the most disadvantageous thing that you can do. Doing something right the first time, means you don't have to do it again. Perhaps successful people put their heart and soul into every task, no matter how small it is, so that they can be the best that they can be. Less motivated people will do it wrong, and find excuses to rationalize failure.

I hear lots of people at various jobs say "I won't get the job because that persons dad is Chief Exec of Ministry of such n such" or in the gym I hear 'going through the motions' people say "I can't lose weight, or put on muscle, or build my arms, because of my genetics" without thinking that it isn't so much about the genetics, but about about the effort; about doing the activity right. There exists, people that don't believe mainstream adoption of Digital Currency can be achieved because bankers, government, volatility...x,y,z. Are they just the people in the gym blaming their genetics, before they've even tried with the best strategy and concerted effort; to do the activity right?

so...

"We are willing to do things others won't do, so that one day we can do things others can't do" - DYNA

=

"It's not about the time, but about the effort." - TeeGee

There is a lot of great points in your post TeeGee. "people that don't believe mainstream adoption of Digital Currency can be achieved because" ... You are right you can put anything you want after this 'because', it is merely justification for a predetermined disbelief or mental block from an existing belief.

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" - Robert Kennedy

TeeGee

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:51:59 PM

Maybe it's the banks that should come with the dire warning "Don't invest more than you can afford to lose in case of a total loss!" Wink

Yes, banking is a very risky business indeed! I know that banks generally only have reserves of 2-3% of total liabilities. Banks know that the Government will bail out large banks that are "too big to fail" in public interest, socialising losses via the taxpayer. Is it any wonder then that banking trends attempts to get as big to fail so to get this "too big to fail" status?

In 1900 England, the largest 3 banks were 7% of GDP, in 2007 they accounted for 200% of GDP... hypothetically, if they allowed those 3 banks to fail, they would be down 100% of GDP straight away... The situation is the same in the USA.

This banking crisis has been brewing for more than 150 years.

Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: