Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:14:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 09:35:23 PM

Love Dnotes, have since the beginning Smiley

That said and i hate to be a wallet whiner but could the wallet get a facelift on the next update?

Check out WDC wallet, it's pretty sweet and even checks for updated versions of itself.

It only makes sense from an adoption standpoint. People buy new cell phones every year because they want the latest and greatest gadget, this mindset is not going to like the look of the standard qt wallet.

Love Dnotes!

Thank you for the suggestion and support CryptoJohn. It's definitely something that has been on our minds as well.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:28:25 AM

Dnotes Vault? Hmmm . . . reading reading.

"The biggest challenge confronting every coin today is liquidity and the speed of currency conversion. It is a classic case of supply and demand. Any time when there are more sellers than buyers the price goes down till it reaches equilibrium and the reverse is true."

Although, of course, once a crypto has elbowed its way from the speculative-volume phase to the 'transactional-volume' phase, you're operating on an entirely different terrain.

Mark
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:25:36 AM

Dnotes Vault? Hmmm . . . reading reading.

"The biggest challenge confronting every coin today is liquidity and the speed of currency conversion. It is a classic case of supply and demand. Any time when there are more sellers than buyers the price goes down till it reaches equilibrium and the reverse is true."

Although, of course, once a crypto has elbowed its way from the speculative-volume phase to the 'transactional-volume' phase, you're operating on an entirely different terrain.

Mark

Mark, that is correct. At this stage, those who know DNotes well, such as our active community members, may have compelling knowledge that DNotes is quite solid and not "speculative" while others may disagree. Most people in our industry may know of DNotes without knowing much about DNotes business model. It takes time to build awareness. We are committed to a sustained PR campaign to develop awareness as we continue to deploy our most important building blocks.

The next press release scheduled for Monday, March 30, 2015 will highlight CRISP For Students.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:47:15 AM

someone jump out the boat and send us to 4500 in poloniex.

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

No big deal, price goes down, price goes up. In the long run, the ups will outpace the downs, no need to be concerned. Unlike many other cryptos and their communities, we don't generally concern ourselves with short term price shifts.

Thanks, RJF for your reassuring statements of confidence. Indeed long term DNotes stakeholders should not fall into the trap of herd mentality at the risk of missing out high potential returns over the long term.

I have been spending some time working with TeeGee lately on the CRISP For Students project and he reminded me that DNotes was traded at 100 Satoshi on March 30, 2014. At 4,000 sat; that is 40 times, making it worth just over 1 Cent per DNotes. Looking back I should have purchased more at that price, but I did not, because I never expected that it could be worth over 4,000 sat today. Based on a solid growth path we have in place for DNotes this is barely the beginning of a long journey of price appreciation for DNotes, but this is a free market where investors freely decide for themselves for better or for worse.

So, if DNotes continues to grow by 40 times it's value from the past year, every year, think about the value of the coin in 5 years time! I'll let you do the math, I already did and it's amazing.

Just saying, when you look back at past value, you see what we have to look forward to in the future. And, in my honest opinion, we simply need to continue on the current path and not loose site of the reasons we have grown by that percentage over the last year. Follow the plan, stay the course, reap the reward.

40 times every year over the next 5 years is very aggressive. A more realistic approach may be to envision DNotes as the preferred digital currency in global commerce with tens of millions of DNotesVault account holders actively using DNotes as a medium of exchange.

The biggest challenge confronting every coin today is liquidity and the speed of currency conversion. It is a classic case of supply and demand. Any time when there are more sellers than buyers the price goes down till it reaches equilibrium and the reverse is true. In our industry, there is an additional challenge. Using Coinbase it takes 5 business days to perfect a purchase of Bitcoin to the point of delivery. I love to buy a lot more DNotes at 4500 to 5000 sat. But the BTC I purchased yesterday will not be in my account till Monday next week. Our future ecosystem will change that. Until the entire process becomes frictionless there is still more to be done. DNotesVault will provide a core solution to resolving many problems.

I use an exchange now for buying or selling btc and I have either paypal wi thin 24 hours and btc almost instant so that has helped me a lot when I need fast cash or btc..I have used it several times with no problem.. but yes we need more exchanges or payment gateways like this.. and I am happy to keep buying DNOTES..The rich became rich because they always bought everything cheap or at discount, they never pay full price for assets.. so for now I look at DNOTES as a long term asset..and when ready I will use it as a currency too.. Wink

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:43:55 PM

someone jump out the boat and send us to 4500 in poloniex.

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

No big deal, price goes down, price goes up. In the long run, the ups will outpace the downs, no need to be concerned. Unlike many other cryptos and their communities, we don't generally concern ourselves with short term price shifts.

Thanks, RJF for your reassuring statements of confidence. Indeed long term DNotes stakeholders should not fall into the trap of herd mentality at the risk of missing out high potential returns over the long term.

I have been spending some time working with TeeGee lately on the CRISP For Students project and he reminded me that DNotes was traded at 100 Satoshi on March 30, 2014. At 4,000 sat; that is 40 times, making it worth just over 1 Cent per DNotes. Looking back I should have purchased more at that price, but I did not, because I never expected that it could be worth over 4,000 sat today. Based on a solid growth path we have in place for DNotes this is barely the beginning of a long journey of price appreciation for DNotes, but this is a free market where investors freely decide for themselves for better or for worse.

So, if DNotes continues to grow by 40 times it's value from the past year, every year, think about the value of the coin in 5 years time! I'll let you do the math, I already did and it's amazing.

Just saying, when you look back at past value, you see what we have to look forward to in the future. And, in my honest opinion, we simply need to continue on the current path and not loose site of the reasons we have grown by that percentage over the last year. Follow the plan, stay the course, reap the reward.

40 times every year over the next 5 years is very aggressive. A more realistic approach may be to envision DNotes as the preferred digital currency in global commerce with tens of millions of DNotesVault account holders actively using DNotes as a medium of exchange.

The biggest challenge confronting every coin today is liquidity and the speed of currency conversion. It is a classic case of supply and demand. Any time when there are more sellers than buyers the price goes down till it reaches equilibrium and the reverse is true. In our industry, there is an additional challenge. Using Coinbase it takes 5 business days to perfect a purchase of Bitcoin to the point of delivery. I love to buy a lot more DNotes at 4500 to 5000 sat. But the BTC I purchased yesterday will not be in my account till Monday next week. Our future ecosystem will change that. Until the entire process becomes frictionless there is still more to be done. DNotesVault will provide a core solution to resolving many problems.

I use an exchange now for buying or selling btc and I have either paypal wi thin 24 hours and btc almost instant so that has helped me a lot when I need fast cash or btc..I have used it several times with no problem.. but yes we need more exchanges or payment gateways like this.. and I am happy to keep buying DNOTES..The rich became rich because they always bought everything cheap or at discount, they never pay full price for assets.. so for now I look at DNOTES as a long term asset..and when ready I will use it as a currency too.. Wink

I know that there are places you can buy and sell BTC using paypal and other forms of payment, charging fairly high fees. Just curious, what exchange do you use for your transactions? Our long term goal is to have a payment gateway or exchange where DNotesVault depositors can sign up for reoccurring savings deposits at the lowest fees possible, along with the best exchange rate to acquire DNotes. I am actively exploring various possibilities. I have yet to come across a near term solution that is sufficiently attractive.

DNotes price is still under selling pressure, indicating that liquidity is still one of our biggest challenges. It will improve greatly over time as DNotes achieve greater awareness.

Our PR campaign will continue. We will be doing a step up tweeter campaign for two weeks as a test. Our press release for CRISP For Students has been approved and scheduled for release on Monday next week.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:58:43 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 01:10:55 PM by TeeGee

I know everybody is looking forward to the upcoming Student CRISP release. I thought I'd quickly post a few extracts for you all to see. This press is to be released (as DYNA stated) on march the 30th. We are hoping for the same successful exposure seen with the previous release that was picked up by Bloomberg, CNBC, Yahoo finance and many other local / market specific media outlets.

DYNA, DNotes and Smokey have been very supportive of me by trusting me to work with them on what would be my first Press release. It was really fun to write about such a ground-breaking technology and the currency that will exploit it's advantages better than the rest! hopefully I will be asked in future to help out with other new releases!

CRISP for Students - A sneak peek

"...CRISP For Student mission is to engage and involve students worldwide to participate by having an ownership stake in the most innovative technology revolution since the Internet, positioning them to benefit from potential high returns and job opportunities..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Alan Yong, DNotes Co-Founder and pioneer of the first commercial tablet computer, warns that student loans are a major threat to long-term wealth accumulation and overall student well-being. Yong points to research by the Assets and Education Initiative (AEDI), that found students with outstanding debt, regardless of how little, are more likely to defer the purchase of revenue generating assets till later in adulthood...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...“Yong added that The current student generation may not have access to publicly funded retirement entitlements in the future. This is why the DNotes team has moved to alleviate inadequate private savings...

...CRISP for Students will become an integral part of DNotes ecosystem, with plans to include a conduit of scholar funds and an online global student marketplace. This is a global initiative to build the next generation of DNotes leaders and stakeholders, leading to mass consumer and mass merchant adoption of DNotes as a medium of exchange.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:34:19 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 03:25:39 PM by Chase

I know everybody is looking forward to the upcoming Student CRISP release. I thought I'd quickly post a few extracts for you all to see. This press is to be released (as DYNA stated) on march the 30th. We are hoping for the same successful exposure seen with the previous release that was picked up by Bloomberg, CNBC, Yahoo finance and many other local / market specific media outlets.

DYNA, DNotes and Smokey have been very supportive of me by trusting me to work with them on what would be my first Press release. It was really fun to write about such a ground-breaking technology and the currency that will exploit it's advantages better than the rest! hopefully I will be asked in future to help out with other new releases!

"...CRISP For Student mission is to engage and involve students worldwide to participate by having an ownership stake in the most innovative technology revolution since the Internet, positioning them to benefit from potential high returns and job opportunities..."

...Alan Yong, DNotes Co-Founder and pioneer of the first commercial tablet computer, warns that student loans are a major threat to long-term wealth accumulation and overall student well-being. Yong points to research by the Assets and Education Initiative (AEDI), that found students with outstanding debt, regardless of how little, are more likely to defer the purchase of revenue generating assets till later in adulthood...

...“Yong added that The current student generation may not have access to publicly funded retirement entitlements in the future. This is why the DNotes team has moved to alleviate inadequate private savings...

...CRISP for Students will become an integral part of DNotes ecosystem, with plans to include a conduit of scholar funds and an online global student marketplace. This is a global initiative to build the next generation of DNotes leaders and stakeholders, leading to mass consumer and mass merchant adoption of DNotes as a medium of exchange.

They were right to trust you!  Those are very powerful statements.  Very well done and I am looking forward to seeing the rest.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 02:52:29 PM

Looking excellent TeeGee!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:25:52 PM

It is becoming more apparent by the day that banks and financial service companies are beginning to recognize that digital currency will become a real threat to their business sooner or later. They still continue to discount the threat because of Bitcoin high volatilities and lack of trust.

DNotes has been making every effort to avoid the pitfalls that continue to drag down Bitcoin mass acceptance. It is challenging that our industry has little patience to take time to do things right. We continue to believe that staying focused in executing our strategic plans using our building block approach will be the best route to DNotes success. Hope you will enjoy reading the following article as much as I did. Bankers are beginning to be a bit worried. It will be helpful if they are more friendly and supportive; such as working closely with us to become a gateway for people to purchase DNotes easily. Perhaps that day will be here sooner than later, providing more favorable regulations in the near future.

British Banking Association: Bitcoin is a Real Threat to Banks
Coindesk:
Emily Spaven (@emilyspaven) | Published on March 27, 2015 at 13:47 GMT
http://www.coindesk.com/british-banking-association-bitcoin-is-a-real-threat-to-banks/

As cryptocurrencies grow in popularity, they will continue to threaten revenue streams of the traditional banking system, according to a new report from the British Banking Association (BBA).

A section of The Digital Disruption: UK Banking Report looks specifically at cryptocurrencies and the impact they have already had, and will continue to have, on people's perceptions of monetary transfer.
"Cryptocurrencies increasingly look like becoming ubiquitous challengers to more familiar, established currencies. And, as they grow in popularity, so too will the risks for banks," the report reads.

It goes on to emphasise issues presented and faced by bitcoin, including its volatility, its perception as a haven for illegal payments activity and its relatively low market cap ($3.4bn at press time).

However, the report concedes that the risks presented to the banking system by bitcoin should not be ignored:

"Bitcoin users can handle many of their daily payments needs themselves, without the need for interaction with banks, and avoiding the need to incur bank fees. In the same way, value stored in PayPal accounts moves outside of the bank’s payment systems, depriving banks of valuable payments revenue."
The BBA believes it is important for banks to take action now, investing time and energy in understanding how best to use the technology behind bitcoin.

"Banks must accept that they are increasingly part of the broader ecosystems that customers are constructing around themselves. However, their place in these ecosystems is far from secure," the report concludes
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:28:26 PM

It is becoming more apparent by the day that banks and financial service companies are beginning to recognize that digital currency will become a real threat to their business sooner or later. They still continue to discount the threat because of Bitcoin high volatilities and lack of trust.

DNotes has been making every effort to avoid the pitfalls that continue to drag down Bitcoin mass acceptance. It is challenging that our industry has little patience to take time to do things right. We continue to believe that staying focused in executing our strategic plans using our building block approach will be the best route to DNotes success. Hope you will enjoy reading the following article as much as I did. Bankers are beginning to be a bit worried. It will be helpful if they are more friendly and supportive; such as working closely with us to become a gateway for people to purchase DNotes easily. Perhaps that day will be here sooner than later, providing more favorable regulations in the near future.

British Banking Association: Bitcoin is a Real Threat to Banks
Coindesk:
Emily Spaven (@emilyspaven) | Published on March 27, 2015 at 13:47 GMT
http://www.coindesk.com/british-banking-association-bitcoin-is-a-real-threat-to-banks/

As cryptocurrencies grow in popularity, they will continue to threaten revenue streams of the traditional banking system, according to a new report from the British Banking Association (BBA).

A section of The Digital Disruption: UK Banking Report looks specifically at cryptocurrencies and the impact they have already had, and will continue to have, on people's perceptions of monetary transfer.
"Cryptocurrencies increasingly look like becoming ubiquitous challengers to more familiar, established currencies. And, as they grow in popularity, so too will the risks for banks," the report reads.

It goes on to emphasise issues presented and faced by bitcoin, including its volatility, its perception as a haven for illegal payments activity and its relatively low market cap ($3.4bn at press time).

However, the report concedes that the risks presented to the banking system by bitcoin should not be ignored:

"Bitcoin users can handle many of their daily payments needs themselves, without the need for interaction with banks, and avoiding the need to incur bank fees. In the same way, value stored in PayPal accounts moves outside of the bank’s payment systems, depriving banks of valuable payments revenue."
The BBA believes it is important for banks to take action now, investing time and energy in understanding how best to use the technology behind bitcoin.

"Banks must accept that they are increasingly part of the broader ecosystems that customers are constructing around themselves. However, their place in these ecosystems is far from secure," the report concludes

Thoroughly enjoyed. When one doesn't want to hear something, because it has a direct negative impact on them, they tend to look for reasons to discredit it. Look hard enough and you will find what your looking for.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:57:29 AM

I found a really cool student loan calculator that offers something different.  This one calculates how difficult it will be to repay your loan not only by how much you owe and the length of time you take to repay, but also based on what you major in.  When you enter all the variables (including your major), it calculates the amount of payment and what percentage of income your payment is.

Note:  This calculator probably won't be needed by anyone signing up for the CRISP For Students! Grin

http://www.hamiltonproject.org/student_loan_calculator/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:32:31 AM

"But the BTC I purchased yesterday will not be in my account till Monday next week. Our future ecosystem will change that. Until the entire process becomes frictionless there is still more to be done. DNotesVault will provide a core solution to resolving many problems."

I'm enjoying comparing your 'outwards-focussed' marketing style to that of other communities. Many coiners remain (quite unwittingly) focussed on the trading (speculative) aspects of coining -- sooooooo 2014!!

In Australia, for example, two years ago, getting a hold of a pinch of Bitcoin was nothing less than traumatic. So yeh, smashing to matchwood the Barrier of Crypto-Purchase will pay handsome dividends.

Mark

P.s.: IndiaMikeZulu (Australia) uses a mob called 'Independent Reserve,' who have figured out how to circumvent the 10% Bastardry Tax in place here.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:40:00 AM

I know that there are places you can buy and sell BTC using paypal and other forms of payment, charging fairly high fees. Just curious, what exchange do you use for your transactions? Our long term goal is to have a payment gateway or exchange where DNotesVault depositors can sign up for reoccurring savings deposits at the lowest fees possible, along with the best exchange rate to acquire DNotes. I am actively exploring various possibilities. I have yet to come across a near term solution that is sufficiently attractive.

Dyna,

I use Coinbase and once you become a full member then you have instant BTC transactions. I have been using Coinbase for quite awhile now and just to give you an idea: My instant buy power is $1,000 USD (ie I can buy $1k worth of BTC right now and it is in my wallet instantly and available to send anywhere) and my daily limit is $50,000 USD worth of BTC. My daily sell limit is also $50,000 BTC to USD. Once you are verified and have fulfilled their requirements you are very well off. Also there is no fee to send BTC anywhere. The only fee is when you buy BTC and it is not very much compared to the exchanges and what they charge. Coinbase is by FAR the best outlet for USD to BTC in my opinion.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:29:14 AM

Dyna,

I use Coinbase and once you become a full member then you have instant BTC transactions. I have been using Coinbase for quite awhile now and just to give you an idea: My instant buy power is $1,000 USD (ie I can buy $1k worth of BTC right now and it is in my wallet instantly and available to send anywhere) and my daily limit is $50,000 USD worth of BTC. My daily sell limit is also $50,000 BTC to USD. Once you are verified and have fulfilled their requirements you are very well off. Also there is no fee to send BTC anywhere. The only fee is when you buy BTC and it is not very much compared to the exchanges and what they charge. Coinbase is by FAR the best outlet for USD to BTC in my opinion.

Marc,
Thanks for bringing up this important subject. I have been using Coinbase too with the same limit of $1,000 instant buy and a $50,000 daily buy/sell limit. We continue to recommend Coinbase as the first choice. There are false claims of faster service and other bells and whistles. Be very cautious. Not all of them are for real. I am still actively looking at potential option or partnership
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:51:41 AM

Dyna,

Marc,
Thanks for bringing up this important subject. I have been using Coinbase too with the same limit of $1,000 instant buy and a $50,000 daily buy/sell limit. We continue to recommend Coinbase as the first choice. There are false claims of faster service and other bells and whistles. Be very cautious. Not all of them are for real. I am still actively looking at potential option or partnership

I use coinbase also. Trust is a HUGE factor for me. For the majority of folks out there, the less you know about something, the more trust is needed. It is a dangerous out there in the crypto-currency world. Trust is SO important that it is one of the most important attributes any currency (bitcoin OR fiat) needs to survive.

Smokey
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:16:57 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 01:39:49 PM by TeeGee

"But the BTC I purchased yesterday will not be in my account till Monday next week. Our future ecosystem will change that. Until the entire process becomes frictionless there is still more to be done. DNotesVault will provide a core solution to resolving many problems."

I'm enjoying comparing your 'outwards-focussed' marketing style to that of other communities. Many coiners remain (quite unwittingly) focussed on the trading (speculative) aspects of coining -- sooooooo 2014!!

In Australia, for example, two years ago, getting a hold of a pinch of Bitcoin was nothing less than traumatic. So yeh, smashing to matchwood the Barrier of Crypto-Purchase will pay handsome dividends.

Mark

P.s.: IndiaMikeZulu (Australia) uses a mob called 'Independent Reserve,' who have figured out how to circumvent the 10% Bastardry Tax in place here.

Thank you very much for the recommendation, I'll definitely check them out. Buying BTC is a shocker this side of the world, the best option seems to be localbitcoins if you want to use a local bank transfer, and you pay a ~10% premium for doing so.

I found a really cool student loan calculator that offers something different.  This one calculates how difficult it will be to repay your loan not only by how much you owe and the length of time you take to repay, but also based on what you major in.  When you enter all the variables (including your major), it calculates the amount of payment and what percentage of income your payment is.

Note:  This calculator probably won't be needed by anyone signing up for the CRISP For Students! Grin

http://www.hamiltonproject.org/student_loan_calculator/

This is a great tool for students to work out the opportunity costs involved when choosing a course of study. Clearly more remunerative fields like mathematics or computer science will mean less time spent paying off student loan debt when compared to a person studying say early childhood education. People should still always do the job that makes them happy, regardless of the pay. I quit a nearly decade long career as a chef after listening to too much Alan Watts, in particular I recommend all young people (or anybody) watch the first three minutes of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSyHWMdH9gk

After doing so, I realised that it wasn't a particular 'job' or 'career' that I wanted, but a series of goals I wanted to achieve. Those goals will require many different skills and proficiencies, as well as drawing on the knowledge and experience of other people. These goals I set are risky, time consuming, and don't guarantee income, but make for a far more rewarding life experience.  Many students today are training for jobs they don't want to do, because they don't think they will be able to 'afford' the job they really wanted to do. CRISP for Students could be the catalyst that changes this. What if long term investments in CRISP accounts, whether from kids, students or retirement, set today's young up for life - removing the 'long-term' risk associated with following their life's passions?

CRISP for students isn't just about money, it solves for income what people really want to do with their lives if money were no object.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:32:41 PM

As mentioned in earlier posts, as much as digital currency has a huge potential to become the future of money, it is deceptive at the formative stage before becoming disruptive as it matures. Industries that are most likely to be disrupted, in this case, banks, credit and debit card companies would instinctively discount the threats and push back aggressively in defense of their self interest.

The process of change is never easy, but quite predictable; when one spends enough time to watch out for vital signs that are indicative a change of attitude. A noticeable change of a rather hostile culture to one of less hostility and more friendly is very healthy and confirms that the emerging digital currency is for real and will play a significant role as the future of money. DNotes has a firm conviction that it will indeed be the digital currency of the future and will eventually be the preferred digital currency of choice as the medium of exchange in global commerce.

The following article is indicative of a favorable attitude shift towards the better. It may be a case of “if you can’t fight them, join them” I hope our political leaders will do the same.

1:50 pm ET
Mar 26, 2015
BitBeat:
Vigna and Michael J. Casey

Plug and Play Builds a Bridge Between Bitcoin, Wall Street

Crossing Our Desk:

Bitcoin and Wall Street have been like two hostile cultures, each warily eyeing the other. But attitudes are changing as the sides get to know each other, and nowhere are the emissaries of those worlds working together more directly than at Silicon Valley’s premiere start-up shop, the Plug and Play Tech Center in Sunnyvale, Calif.

Plug and Play runs a program that puts new companies through a three-month boot camp of sorts. Entrepreneurs are given seed capital (for an equity stake, of course), mentoring, networking and the nuts-and-bolts of simply building a company from the ground up. Nearly 3,000 start-ups have gone through the program, includingLendingClub Corp. and Zoosk Inc.

The latest accelerator program is focused on startups in financial technology, “fintech” in the parlance, and includes a handful of bitcoin startups like ChangeTip and 37Coins. They are working directly with mentors from financial firms like USAA, Citi Ventures, and Capital One, and the interest appears to be very much mutual. For both sides, it’s a chance to learn what the other has to offer.

For USAA, which earlier this year was part of the group that invested in bitcoin-services firm Coinbase, its interest in bitcoin is being driven by the military servicemen and women who are its clients. Over the past nine months, said Vic Pascucci, vice president of corporate development, it’s become clear to the firm than its members are getting interested in an using bitcoin, to a higher degree than the general population. “When we see these trends, it’s our job to understand them,” said Mr. Pascucci. So when the mentorship opportunity came up at Plug and Play, USAA moved in. Literally. They sent a small team to the campus, and are operating out of an office there.

“Our product and services will look very different in six months, nevertheless two years,” said Zach Gibson, a vice president of product innovation at USAA. “It’s about how we drive change in our products and services.”

For Nick Sullivan, founder of the micropayments service ChangeTip, the program is a way for forge relationships in the financial world, and possibly find investments as well. He, too, has seen the change in the banking world in its attitude toward bitcoin. “My assumption going in [to meetings] is they may feel threatened by bitcoin, but instead what I see is that they are welcoming it.”

Jonathan Zobro is one of the founders of 37Coins, a bitcoin startup that’s building a remittance platform. The group is operating in the Phillipines, on one end of the remittance trade, and is looking to gain the knowledge on how to build the platform out for this side, the expat side.

So far he’s been impressed by the talks he’s had with the teams from USAA and Citi Ventures. “It’s surprising how much they knew,” he said. “We need to have both sides of the market covered, and it feels like we’re starting to get that.” He noted that he’s scheduled to begin working directly with the team from Citi Ventures in a few weeks.

To Saeed Amidi, Plug and Play’s founder, he sees the change in attitude at the banks being driven by the pace of technology. “Suddenly they are really open-minded, because they’re scared to be left behind,” he said. “In the tech world, the toughest to sell to are the banks.” That, he said, is changing fast. “They are incredibly proactive.” (Paul Vigna)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 03:05:41 PM

"It is challenging that our industry has little patience to take time to do things right."

Yes, very true and the reason? Because most of our industry is under the age of 30 with a significant portion under the age of 21. And that represents the "instant gratification" of the "Me" generation. Now, I'm not saying this is all bad actually, it is good in a way, lots of experimentation and no fear but, little responsibility and lots of "rush to market" without proving the product first.

That is where DNotes certainly has an advantage. It is a much more mature, disciplined, endeavor than 95% of the offerings out there and backed by real world business knowledge and acumen. I think it would be safe to say, none of us (or very few) are looking for a quick payout. We understand it takes time and lots of hard work to build value, in any form, and we are committed to this project and the work it will take to make it a continued success. Just my thoughts on the "state of the industry". If you tend to look at price drops as "buying opportunities" then you are one of the long term thinkers. If not, that's ok too, it takes all kinds of investors to make a currency...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 03:17:21 PM

"It is challenging that our industry has little patience to take time to do things right."

Yes, very true and the reason? Because most of our industry is under the age of 30 with a significant portion under the age of 21. And that represents the "instant gratification" of the "Me" generation. Now, I'm not saying this is all bad actually, it is good in a way, lots of experimentation and no fear but, little responsibility and lots of "rush to market" without proving the product first.

That is where DNotes certainly has an advantage. It is a much more mature, disciplined, endeavor than 95% of the offerings out there and backed by real world business knowledge and acumen. I think it would be safe to say, none of us (or very few) are looking for a quick payout. We understand it takes time and lots of hard work to build value, in any form, and we are committed to this project and the work it will take to make it a continued success. Just my thoughts on the "state of the industry". If you tend to look at price drops as "buying opportunities" then you are one of the long term thinkers. If not, that's ok too, it takes all kinds of investors to make a currency...

Well said RJF. To build real value, takes time. That said we do feel a sense of urgency to perform.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 09:17:52 PM

Well said RJF. To build real value, takes time. That said we do feel a sense of urgency to perform.

yeah this is the true, go with short steps, but never stop working on, im doing a dedicated dnotes and CRISPing plans blog in spanish , to post updates new proyects and places to use. With that posible investors have all info at 1 click, if find the blog Smiley

2 days for students plans... is very well redacted what i could read, hope lot of news and media take a eye on it.
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: