Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:27:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:22:05 PM

Congratulations Rocky on the fantastic interview!!!!  Unlike most interviews that are aimed at or understood only by people already in the industry, this one includes everyone.  GREAT JOB!

"CRYPTO MOMS: A YEAR OF CRYPTO GENDER EQUALITY"

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/crypto-moms-year-crypto-gender-equality/

Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:20:17 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 03:58:12 PM by TeeGee

Congratulations Rocky on the fantastic interview!!!!  Unlike most interviews that are aimed at or understood only by people already in the industry, this one includes everyone.  GREAT JOB!

Smiley Smiley

Well done Rocky!

That was a really cool interview. I'll go post it to my Facebook. I've spent the last 4 hours writing a 2500 word thank you letter to somebody... it's now 3am! (I have a lot of respect for the person I'm sending it to, and 3 years is much time to fill him in on), about half the content is what DNotes is and why it's different to Bitcoin etc - so he knows what these DNotes are that I'm sending him. DNotes make such an awesome thank you present huh!?

And Cryptobroker, thank you so much for the PM, I'll publicly say you're awesome! I won't have time to respond for perhaps a day.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:50:08 PM

Congratulations Rocky on the fantastic interview!!!!  Unlike most interviews that are aimed at or understood only by people already in the industry, this one includes everyone.  GREAT JOB!

Smiley Smiley

Well done Rocky!

That was a really cool interview. I'll go post it to my Facebook. I've spent the last 4 hours writing a 2500 word thank you letter to somebody... it's taken me four hours and it's now 3am! (I have a lot of respect for the person I'm sending it to, and 3 years is much time to fill him in on), about half the content is what DNotes is and why it's different to Bitcoin etc - so he knows what these DNotes are that I'm sending him. DNotes make such an awesome thank you present huh!?

And Cryptobroker, thank you so much for the PM, I'll publicly say you're awesome! I won't have time to respond for perhaps a day.

Wow Rocky! Great job on the interview. A big thank you to Rocky and CCN.

Yep DNotes makes a great present Smiley

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:15:50 PM

Congratulations Rocky on the fantastic interview!!!!  Unlike most interviews that are aimed at or understood only by people already in the industry, this one includes everyone.  GREAT JOB!

Smiley Smiley

Outstanding!!! One of the best articles ever published in our industry. Excellent job, Rocky!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 08:18:41 PM by DNotes

CRYPTO MOMS: A YEAR OF CRYPTO GENDER EQUALITY

The American bitcoin forum for women, Crypto Moms, has celebrated its first anniversary, celebrating success over a year of promoting cryptocurrency.

Launched in April 2014, Crypto Moms’ mission is to increase women’s participation in cryptocurrency.

The Crypto Moms’ website features a bustling forum, blog posts, and the team runs a Twitter account.

Cryptocoins News sat down with Rocky DeLucenay of Crypto Moms to discuss the last year, the present and the future of women and cryptocurrency.

Congratulations on your first anniversary!  

Thank you, we appreciate the anniversary wishes.

What has the last year been like for Crypto Moms?

Similar to starting any new business or venture the first year is always challenging.  Crypto Moms was no exception. We are very fortunate to have a strong and dedicated community with amazing support and leadership from the DNotes team. The subject was well researched to confirm that there was a gender imbalance problem and that it would be important for the industry to address that issue.

Defining Crypto Moms mission was no easy task in view of the predominantly hostile environment and bad behavior which has not been too enticing to women. We concluded that to be successful we had to make a bold move promoting an inclusive environment of mutual trust and respect leading to a cultural change that is more conducive in attracting women’s participation.

We decided to build a currency neutral site for other coins to participate, promoting their products and services for free. Many have used our platform successfully and graciously and have assisted and shared their knowledge with new members. Together we have built a well respected and increasingly popular site packed with helpful instructions and educational contents. As intended, it is attracting support and participation from a broad based constituent beyond just Moms. With over 6,000 registered members and growing, it has indeed been a great year.

Can you paint a picture of the gender gap in Bitcoin for those who might not be familiar with the community, and why you think it exists?

The gender gap in Bitcoin is overwhelming. When we first got involved most industry reports indicated a male to female ratio of 95:5. There has been some improvement but no more than a couple of points. Now that we have a solid foundation we are looking at various options to make a significant difference by our second anniversary.

Women’s participation in the Bitcoin space has been well recognized by the industry as a shortcoming, though viable efforts to correct the imbalance have been lacking. Early adopters of Bitcoin were predominantly younger white males with strong liberal political persuasion but that should not have kept most of the females from participating.

I believe that it is case of “young men behaving badly” in the way they communicate at almost all forums across the board.  That has to be the greatest deterrent to women’s participation in the digital currency space. It will take a bold move of a cultural change from one that is hostile and destructive to one of mutual trust and respect.

Crypto Moms has been leading the charge and will continue to add other programs that are meaningful and beneficial to women. We want to provide a platform where all women feel comfortable.  Many times we hear “This may be a dumb question”. We feel there are no dumb questions but if it were asked in a different forum they may be chastised for ridiculed for asking the question. Making everyone feel welcome whether they are seasoned in crypto-currency or not is one of the main goals of the site.

Can Bitcoin help women become more involved in their finances?

We certainly believe so, especially in light of the fact that there is an increasing number of single Moms saddled with stagnant pay and slow job growth. Saving for retirement and children’s education are elusive dreams for most Moms or single women when it comes to retirement. In most cases, there is little left to be saved; to the point of such high stress and discouragement they just give up on the idea of setting anything aside for long term savings. Digital currency, being at its infancy has the potential of high returns. A small amount saved on a regular basis could hugely supplement education and retirement funds, which otherwise would be impossible.

At Crypto Moms we are making very dedicated efforts to encourage women to get more involved in digital currency to manage their financial future. We created the first Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan for Kids (CRISP For Kids) Even though it was launched just a few months ago, over 100 children, including a few unborn have already signed up for this program with savings as high as  $1,555.

A retirement savings account has also been added for Moms and anyone else interested in saving to supplement their retirement using digital currency. We plan to offer various opportunities in the future where Moms can earn some extra income for their long term savings.

Some surveys find that, in many households, women already sign-off on much of the spending. Can Bitcoin democratize the household spending process?[/b]

Becoming involved with finances and spending or not spending is not going to be determined by Bitcoin or any other method of  payment. This is a personal choice of those in the household no matter what the form of payment is.

Why has Crypto Moms evolved from its mission to increase women’s participation in cryptocurrency into more of a mission to increase everyone’s participation?

Bitcoin and Blockchain Technology is considered by a number of industry visionaries, including Crypto Moms’ Co-Founder Alan Young, as the greatest technology revolution since the Internet.

Although this will lead to waves of massive job and wealth creation there are significant challenges the industry must overcome to allow for earlier mass consumer and mass merchant adoption. Of major significance is women’s participation. As a group, they control the majority of the consumer purchasing power worldwide. With an increasing number of single Moms they are also a huge influence in the future of their children’s education as well as their savings and spending habits. Moms and women in general can influence the next generations and we feel savings is of great importance.

Now that Crypto Moms has clearly demonstrated that it has established an effective platform to encourage and increase women’s participation it is expanding its mission to include the immediate family. By sponsoring a family of CRISPs, grand parents are beginning to show up to support their grandchildren promoting even more common ground for everyone and doing so in a positive manner.

Crypto Moms is in the final stages of co-sponsoring several plans to encourage women who are small business owners to take advantage of the low transaction cost using digital currency as a form of payment. Central to its success is a stable digital currency such as DNotes which will be launching a CRISP For Employee Benefits Savings Plan.

How has your branding marketed towards women perhaps more than a unisex brand might?

Most missions evolve over a period of time to overcome new challenges and realities as well as to participate in new opportunities and partnership. Being a currency neutral site it has attracted a fairly balanced participation of both women and men. Crypto Moms is leading the charge in promoting a new culture of mutual respect and cooperation badly needed for Bitcoin to regain it reputation. In that sense, we maintain the focus on women with unisex support.

Who do Crypto Moms consider to be some of the most successful women in the Bitcoin industry?

Perianne Boring, Founder and President of Chamber of Digital Commerce, is our top pick, followed by Pamela Morgan who just launched “Third Key Solutions.” Another is Connie Gallippi of BitGive Foundation – she could be a rising star as well.

Why is Crypto Moms following Rand Paul’s 2016 presidential campaign?

Rand Paul may or may not be the best candidate to be the next President of the United States, but if he won the election he could be the best thing that could happen to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is an innovative technology way ahead of regulations. A more favorable regulatory environment will be a driver to earlier mass acceptance.  He is a public figure talking about and using Bitcoin as a way of funding.  He is thus getting recognition in the digital currency arena.

Thank you for sitting down with us!

My pleasure. Thank you for having us.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 09:09:07 PM

Quoted from the CryptoMoms forum:

Quote from: indiamikezulu
What's amazing here is that suggesting initiatives like these in other crypto communities is hopeless. I recall my shock when IndiaMikeZulu's trader, an IT professional, explained to me that many techies not only don't care that stuff is user-unfriendly . . . they sorta like it like that!

But here's the rub: the techies lucked in with the Internet: outsiders had to beat a path to the door of the insiders.

However, cryptos are just the opposite: the insiders must beat a path to the door of the outsiders.

Link for context: http://cryptomoms.com/forum/index.php?topic=964.msg3739#msg3739

IMZ is a very insightful individual. We may have to beat a path to many before they start beating their own path to us.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:17:27 PM

Rocky did a great job relaying the CryptoMoms message, while brining people up to speed on some current happenings in our industry. I'd say she aced that interview.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 12:32:12 AM

This Digital Wallet Could Finally Get You Into Bitcoin

Allaire is the co-founder and CEO of Circle, a digital currency startup that also touts a bitcoin wallet, which the company released last September. While bitcoin has grown in popularity in recent years, it’s still widely seen as money for privacy-minded geeks. Allaire wants to change that perception, which is why the next version of Circle’s wallet is designed to let users also hold, send, and receive US dollars.

In other words, the Circle wallet will soon work just like Venmo or any other money-transfer app, except it also works seamlessly with bitcoin, so you can handle your money in the form you value the most. The new features are slowly rolling out to Circle users over the next few weeks, but you can sign up for a preview today.

“We’ve been in a kind of ‘speculative value’ phase with bitcoin so far, which has been all about bitcoin the asset, and people trading, buying and selling it,” says Allaire. “But mainstream users should also be able to get the benefits of the utility value of the bitcoin protocol—how it’s instant, global, secure and free.”

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/circle-bitcoin-digital-wallet/

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:24:04 AM

Hi everyone, I just found Dnotes and am doing research on It, Is there anything of great importance about this currency that I should know about.

Welcome, theleximus! IMHO, it's this currency's solid commitment to connecting its programs to the outside world that makes it outstanding.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:37:42 AM

Hi everyone, I just found Dnotes and am doing research on It, Is there anything of great importance about this currency that I should know about.

Welcome, theleximus! IMHO, it's this currency's solid commitment to connecting its programs to the outside world that makes it outstanding.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Hi Theleximus, best thing you can do is to read this forum from the beginning.  It will describe along the way the vision DNotes developers have and plans moving forward.  It is quite a read but very intuitive as to the intentions and possibilities presented. Welcome.
grandmama

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:45:08 AM

For those of you who know and those who do not know I am one in the same "Rocky" on Cryptomoms. Thank you all for the very kind words about the interview.  It actually came out of nowhere and I was more than willing to help this gentleman out with his questions.  We must get women involved in their finances and what better way than to speak the truth about how women (in general) do not or have not taken control of their finances only to find out too late that they should have. I certainly hope I summed up what we have all been talking about over the past year and that I have done right by you all as well.  Here is to the next chapter, onward and upward!!
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:18:59 AM

For those of you who know and those who do not know I am one in the same "Rocky" on Cryptomoms. Thank you all for the very kind words about the interview.  It actually came out of nowhere and I was more than willing to help this gentleman out with his questions.  We must get women involved in their finances and what better way than to speak the truth about how women (in general) do not or have not taken control of their finances only to find out too late that they should have. I certainly hope I summed up what we have all been talking about over the past year and that I have done right by you all as well.  Here is to the next chapter, onward and upward!!

Thanks, Rocky. Great job. At least now others will know for sure that CryptoMoms has strong and capable women support behind it.

I am really proud that we have such a great team always ready to take on the next project with our best efforts.
grandmama

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:39:40 AM

Rocky did a great job relaying the CryptoMoms message, while brining people up to speed on some current happenings in our industry. I'd say she aced that interview.

Thanks for the compliment.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 01:36:26 PM

Cryptomoms one of unique factors for DNotes to fight for equity, is much good work. keep doing it well. This is not compliment is just data  Wink

Welcome new users arround.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 03:29:42 PM

What technologies are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.
3 ) Versatile tipping program for various websites and social media outlets
4 ) POS style reward system
5 ) Making DNotes secure for everyone to use no matter their situation
6 ) Instant exchange functionality for the DNotesVault
7 ) Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and instant exchange functionality

What major issues with the existing financial system can DNotes solve?

1 ) Instant transfers of money.
2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

What services are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) Direct and simple fiat to DNotes exchange.
2 ) Accessibility and Ease of Use
3 ) CLEARLY outlining benefits, programs, future of DNotes
4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
6 ) Assurance of store of value
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services
9 ) Refill service for prepaid/sim cards

What major obstacles does DNotes face to achieve success?

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).
3 ) Mainstream media negativity of any cryptocurrency in general.
4 ) Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

In recent discussions, investment funds were used as a way to invest in digital currency. Do you guys feel this is an important service to the future and success of DNotes?

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:12:01 PM

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.
7 ) Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and instant exchange functionality

2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).
4 ) Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

In recent discussions, investment funds were used as a way to invest in digital currency. Do you guys feel this is an important service to the future and success of DNotes?

I think an investment fund is a great idea, as most people feel more comfortable being part of a group, rather than acting as an individual. However, if the sole holding of that investment fund was DNotes,  the only reason that they would be participating is because we didn't teach them how to use DNotes without a third party service.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:58:42 PM

4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services

I think an investment fund is a great idea, as most people feel more comfortable being part of a group, rather than acting as an individual. However, if the sole holding of that investment fund was DNotes,  the only reason that they would be participating is because we didn't teach them how to use DNotes without a third party service.

Fund managers and investors may want to manage all of their funds in one place and in the same way the manage all of the other investments. Opening a vault account may not sound like a big deal, but it may be for them. It will also allow them to track the price of the fund in the existing tools they already use. Another advantage is the manager of the fund will likely have the ability to invest in DNotes in a specific way that is advantageous to DNotes. Lastly, if someone wants to sell their investment in the DNotes fund, that does not mean they are selling DNotes, they are selling the fund to someone else, so it's almost like the money goes into DNotes but doesn't come out really. I could be wrong on some of this stuff, I'm not an experienced trader.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:32:28 PM

4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services

Fund managers and investors may want to manage all of their funds in one place and in the same way the manage all of the other investments. Opening a vault account may not sound like a big deal, but it may be for them. It will also allow them to track the price of the fund in the existing tools they already use. Another advantage is the manager of the fund will likely have the ability to invest in DNotes in a specific way that is advantageous to DNotes. Lastly, if someone wants to sell their investment in the DNotes fund, that does not mean they are selling DNotes, they are selling the fund to someone else, so it's almost like the money goes into DNotes but doesn't come out really. I could be wrong on some of this stuff, I'm not an experienced trader.

Good points on the advantages. Not to sound like a pessimist, but a few more disadvantages to an investment fund are that people have very limited (if any) access to their funds, there is usually a waiting period to receive their money, and sometimes there are penalties for cashing out before it`s maturity date.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:44:41 PM

4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services

Good points on the advantages. Not to sound like a pessimist, but a few more disadvantages to an investment fund are that people have very limited (if any) access to their funds, there is usually a waiting period to receive their money, and sometimes there are penalties for cashing out before it`s maturity date.

These are all good points.  There are a lot of benefits to having a DNotes investment fund that is SEC approved and tradeable on a major stock exchange.  It opens the market up to people that aren't interested (for a variety of reasons) in holding DNotes themselves, but recognize the potential in it as an investment.  It is also eligible to be held in mutual funds, pension and retirement funds and other various investment funds.

It is the responsibility of the fund manager to let the client know that this is considered a long term investment, that there may be a delay in getting your funds, and inform them of any penalties involved in cashing out.  The fund manager should also let them know that this type of investment fund is not the same as having a wallet where they have access to their funds for spending.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 10:05:13 PM

4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services

These are all good points.  There are a lot of benefits to having a DNotes investment fund that is SEC approved and tradeable on a major stock exchange.  It opens the market up to people that aren't interested (for a variety of reasons) in holding DNotes themselves, but recognize the potential in it as an investment.  It is also eligible to be held in mutual funds, pension and retirement funds and other various investment funds.

It is the responsibility of the fund manager to let the client know that this is considered a long term investment, that there may be a delay in getting your funds, and inform them of any penalties involved in cashing out.  The fund manager should also let them know that this type of investment fund is not the same as having a wallet where they have access to their funds for spending.

Excellent! What types of funds could invest strictly in DNotes?

Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: