Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:17:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 06:00:14 PM

now just need to print it, and go to post tomorrow  Wink

i think will be good add adress of bitcointalk thread in the flyer, like this maybe not only vault grow... comunity grow too.

http://dnotescoin.blogspot.com.es/2015/04/promocion-dnotes-crisp-para-estudiantes.html
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 06:14:43 PM

now just need to print it, and go to post tomorrow  Wink

i think will be good add adress of bitcointalk thread in the flyer, like this maybe not only vault grow... comunity grow too.

http://dnotescoin.blogspot.com.es/2015/04/promocion-dnotes-crisp-para-estudiantes.html

Nice infovortice2013 Cheesy

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 06:16:03 PM

Also, and this is my opinion only, the DNotes I mine go straight to my wallet or DNotesVault. I don't sell any to pay the bills as it is my opinion that DNotes will be far too valuable in the future to spend or sell now, it would be loosing money to me.

I think that many miners are missing the long term picture. If you are mining and selling a coin at USD $0.01 and that coin appreciates to $1.00 in four or 5 years, you have done yourself a series disservice with the coins sold early. As long as you can pay the bills without selling mined coins, I would say hold them all. And this goes back to the first part, choosing the right investment coins in the first place. Good choices make profitable investments, period.

RJF, firstly, I agree.

I know you are pretty well versed when it comes to mining. If someone were to ask you about buying equipment today, would you recommend mining over buying the coins directly?

There are two parts to my answer. Why is the person considering mining over buying?

1. If you are NOT a hobbyist with a serious interest in computers in general, I would say buy your coins. It is no longer possible to amass a serious amount of DNotes buy mining unless you have more than 100 MH/s to dedicate. 40 MHs/ per day, every day, will get you about 50,000 NOTE per year. That's a lot of electricity and time spent keeping the miners going. Not to mention tying up a decent computer for that time period. Initial outlay varies but, a used ZUES X6 40 MH/s SCRIPT ASIC will cost around 350 to 400 USD (ebay). Not too hard to take but, that same 400 dollars will buy you about 40,000 NOTE at todays price. (around  0.00004550) So, after figuring in power cost (not going to place a figure here, varies too much but, several USD a day), upkeep, and lost PC usage, it really makes more sense to buy your DNotes.

2. On the other hand, if you ARE a hobbyist, you will ignore all those downsides mentioned above, cobble something together, and mine for the fun of it with profit secondary. In that case, mine away, it's fun and technically interesting. And, you get the bonus of accumulating something that will have real value in a few years.

So, there is no hard and fast answer to your question other than this:

Mine for fun and possibly a large future return if you know what your doing. Or, buy as an investment if you don't want to be bothered by all the technical stuff. And the third option, which is my strategy, DO BOTH!

PS: I am not a proponent of using a PC for other tasks while mining. It is best to dedicate a machine for the purpose even with external ASICs.

BTW: My answer strictly applies to DNotes. I would not even consider mining Bitcoin, my SHA stuff costs hundreds to run per month and the return is no longer there.

Thanks for the responses all. Sounds like it would make a nice guide on the CryptoMoms brand new guide section http://cryptomoms.com/forum/guides/31/ Wink

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:25:42 PM

Also, and this is my opinion only, the DNotes I mine go straight to my wallet or DNotesVault. I don't sell any to pay the bills as it is my opinion that DNotes will be far too valuable in the future to spend or sell now, it would be loosing money to me.

I think that many miners are missing the long term picture. If you are mining and selling a coin at USD $0.01 and that coin appreciates to $1.00 in four or 5 years, you have done yourself a series disservice with the coins sold early. As long as you can pay the bills without selling mined coins, I would say hold them all. And this goes back to the first part, choosing the right investment coins in the first place. Good choices make profitable investments, period.

RJF, firstly, I agree.

I know you are pretty well versed when it comes to mining. If someone were to ask you about buying equipment today, would you recommend mining over buying the coins directly?

There are two parts to my answer. Why is the person considering mining over buying?

1. If you are NOT a hobbyist with a serious interest in computers in general, I would say buy your coins. It is no longer possible to amass a serious amount of DNotes buy mining unless you have more than 100 MH/s to dedicate. 40 MHs/ per day, every day, will get you about 50,000 NOTE per year. That's a lot of electricity and time spent keeping the miners going. Not to mention tying up a decent computer for that time period. Initial outlay varies but, a used ZUES X6 40 MH/s SCRIPT ASIC will cost around 350 to 400 USD (ebay). Not too hard to take but, that same 400 dollars will buy you about 40,000 NOTE at todays price. (around  0.00004550) So, after figuring in power cost (not going to place a figure here, varies too much but, several USD a day), upkeep, and lost PC usage, it really makes more sense to buy your DNotes.

2. On the other hand, if you ARE a hobbyist, you will ignore all those downsides mentioned above, cobble something together, and mine for the fun of it with profit secondary. In that case, mine away, it's fun and technically interesting. And, you get the bonus of accumulating something that will have real value in a few years.

So, there is no hard and fast answer to your question other than this:

Mine for fun and possibly a large future return if you know what your doing. Or, buy as an investment if you don't want to be bothered by all the technical stuff. And the third option, which is my strategy, DO BOTH!

PS: I am not a proponent of using a PC for other tasks while mining. It is best to dedicate a machine for the purpose even with external ASICs.

BTW: My answer strictly applies to DNotes. I would not even consider mining Bitcoin, my SHA stuff costs hundreds to run per month and the return is no longer there.

That is an A+ answer, RJF. I would not have responded that way without your qualifying statement, "My answer strictly applies to DNotes". There are no sure things in investment, but you pick the one that you have the highest level of confidence that will succeed; in this case wildly successful. That being the case, it is not a matter of daily profit and loss, but a disciplined investment for the long term payoff.

In this case, it makes sense to treat this like you are investing in your own business. It is fun, challenging, frustrating, yet rewarding. Smart investors and entrepreneurs wait for the ultimate long term payoff by picking the best in class. Being right in their selections far more often than being wrong is how they made their millions; a few of them billions. Mining and dumping is a poor business proposition. You might use all you money and play the game of "Heads I win. Tails you lose." with me.  You lose every time.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 07:47:56 PM

You might use all you money and play the game of "Heads I win. Tails you lose." with me.  You lose every time.

Misdirection is the stuff of legend in a fools paradise...  Pick a card, any card...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:03:48 AM

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but it's pretty interesting for anyone who hasn't seen it.

"Bitcoin Created More Jobs Than the U.S. Gov't in 2014"

Jobs & Industries That Never Existed Before

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies created an estimated 250,000 jobs during 2014. None of these positions existed before 2009 according to Tamer Sameeh of LazyNews (and this list is only partial):

Script and Multisig developers
Java cryptocurrency developers
Microtransaction engineers
UX/UI crypto designers of user-only security protocols
Bitcoin and cryptocurrency crowdfunding planners and consultants
Cryptocurrency journalists
Cryptocurrency traders
Cryptocurrency technical analysts
ASIC chip designers
Bitcoin gambling website operators
Mining pool administrators 
Cryptocurrency escrow agents
Cryptocurrency Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF) operators
Bitcoin fraud detection consultants
Cryptocurrency ATM designers
Virtual currency exchange arbitrators
Federated open transactions’ server operators

full article - http://cointelegraph.com/news/113486/bitcoin-created-more-jobs-than-the-us-govt-in-2014

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 03:12:08 AM

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but it's pretty interesting for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies created an estimated 250,000 jobs during 2014. None of these positions existed before 2009 according to Tamer Sameeh of LazyNews (and this list is only partial):

Cryptocurrency traders
ASIC chip designers

full article - http://cointelegraph.com/news/113486/bitcoin-created-more-jobs-than-the-us-govt-in-2014

I've seen something like that before and it is impressive.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:21:55 AM

Cryptocurrency traders
ASIC chip designers

This is worth repeating. I have seen it a number of times and in different places. It may be hard to believe it at first glance. I firmly believe that as an industry worldwide, the job and wealth creation will be  massive.

We will not see another opportunity of such massive magnitude in our generation again. This is one of the reasons that we are so committed to make CryptoMoms a priority and launch our family of CRISPs so that everyone worldwide can participate and get on board early for potential high returns for the long term.

DNotes supporters have been making serious attempts and being very generous in gifting DNotes to a large number of people in hope that many more will benefits. We realize that a lot of people do not have the financial means to even start a small savings account. Our CRISP For Students is specifically designed with that in mind. Students can open a Savings account and be an owner of DNotes instantly without  having to pay for it in getting started.

It is important for you all to know that we are using our hard earned dollars to buy DNotes everyday so that we can continue to give some away. This is done out of very strong conviction that we want to be a positive impact to as many people as possible. We all can be proud of the fact that as a community, DNotes has consistently done a lot of things that others won't do. DNotes has an amazing team that has been my inspiration everyday. I am looking forward to the day when DNotes alone is creating more new jobs than the Government. Let us make it happen.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:26:28 AM

Entirely satisfactory discourse on mining.

Did I miss a mention of developing Dnotes' merchant network?

My Mob uses the term 'altruistic miners' -- what RJF termed 'hobbyists.' That is, they bear (at least in the interim . . . ) economic dis-benefit.

And so do those who use crypto-currencies as currencies. IMHO, each community must work to shunt its crypto from the speculative to the 'transactional' volume stage.

IndiaMikeZulu prides itself on biting the bullet on this one. I personally ('Mr. Transactional') buy/have bought with cryptos petrol, groceries, printing services, chicken wings, fresh fruit, computer parts, bullion, and cold beer.

Last week, I swapped $50 worth of Dnotes for groceries. (That person has no wallet yet. She is an 'IMZ passenger.' IMZ holds $1000s in 'passenger' coin. Gotta shunt the project along . . . )

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 04:42:54 AM

Entirely satisfactory discourse on mining.

Did I miss a mention of developing Dnotes' merchant network?

My Mob uses the term 'altruistic miners' -- what RJF termed 'hobbyists.' That is, they bear (at least in the interim . . . ) economic dis-benefit.

And so do those who use crypto-currencies as currencies. IMHO, each community must work to shunt its crypto from the speculative to the 'transactional' volume stage.

IndiaMikeZulu prides itself on biting the bullet on this one. I personally ('Mr. Transactional') buy/have bought with cryptos petrol, groceries, printing services, chicken wings, fresh fruit, computer parts, bullion, and cold beer.

Last week, I swapped $50 worth of Dnotes for groceries. (That person has no wallet yet. She is an 'IMZ passenger.' IMZ holds $1000s in 'passenger' coin. Gotta shunt the project along . . . )

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

That is very creative. Well I was able pay my two grandsons with DNotes last summer to do some garden work. The older one wanted the DNotes sent to his account at Allcoins and the younger one wanted the DNotes kept in the Family and Friends account. LOL. I am going to rename it to "passenger" coin.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:17:49 AM

The Passenger Thing really is developmentally important, Dyna. Ordinary People are not only -- at least were, when we started coinin' -- so wary of cryptos, but so insanely postmodernly busy, that various forms of passenger-ship became, although a securty burden to us, sorta obvious.

What we've worked on is a 'gentle-pressure model.' Several friends and colleagues whom we pressed into supporting our first currency (IMZ is on its second successful actual currency, three other 'white papers,' and fifth experimental exchange) made veryniceprofitsthankyouverymuch on their original two or three hundred bucks.

Now, eighteen months later, we are gently pressing these guys to set up wallets. One passenger has.

Gotta work with watcha got.

Mark
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:46:49 PM

Hi all!

I have an extremely busy schedule today working on CryptoMoms press release and others. DNotes is building a lot of momentum that may not become apparent until next year. Please do your best to support this forum so that I can focus on the bigger projects that are of critical importance in taking DNotes to the next level. Thank you all for your support and dedications.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 02:41:54 PM

It seems to me there is a misconception of about reversible transactions. Fiat itself isn't reversible, nor are transactions inherently reversible. If you deal only in cash, you may only ask the person who you gave the cash to refund it. What makes a transaction refundable is banks and third party involvement. We simply need a new system of handling transaction disputes. This is what Bitrated is attempting to do.

How Bitrated Wants to Put the Trust Back in Bitcoin

Unlike credit cards – or other traditional payment methods – bitcoin's transactions are final by design, with almost no recourse for consumers in cases of fraud.

This, in addition to the semi-anonymity afforded by the digital currency, has led some to question how participants in a bitcoin transaction can be trusted.

http://www.coindesk.com/how-bitrated-is-aiming-to-put-trust-back-in-bitcoin/

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:44:58 PM

Hi all!

I have an extremely busy schedule today working on CryptoMoms press release and others. DNotes is building a lot of momentum that may not become apparent until next year. Please do your best to support this forum so that I can focus on the bigger projects that are of critical importance in taking DNotes to the next level. Thank you all for your support and dedications.

The momentum and professionalism of the DNotes team never ceases to amaze me.

Everyone please remember you can get 10 FREE DNotes just for following @dnotescoin on twitter: http://altcointalk.org/index.php/topic,255.0.html

Also there are 4 retweet competitions to win 2000 DNotes with 4 chances to win: http://altcointalk.org/index.php/topic,264.0.html

All you need to do is retweet the 4 tweets and you are entered! Winner will be selected using random.org in 12 days.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 04:52:58 PM

It seems to me there is a misconception of about reversible transactions. Fiat itself isn't reversible, nor are transactions inherently reversible. If you deal only in cash, you may only ask the person who you gave the cash to refund it. What makes a transaction refundable is banks and third party involvement. We simply need a new system of handling transaction disputes. This is what Bitrated is attempting to do.

Unlike credit cards – or other traditional payment methods – bitcoin's transactions are final by design, with almost no recourse for consumers in cases of fraud.

This, in addition to the semi-anonymity afforded by the digital currency, has led some to question how participants in a bitcoin transaction can be trusted.

Here's another one worth reading. Keep your eye on these guys, they are moving in the right direction. Quickly...

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/exclusive-bitcoin-interview-igot-co-founder-taking-merchant-rebittance-markets/

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 05:01:23 PM

Here's another one worth reading. Keep your eye on these guys, they are moving in the right direction. Quickly...

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/exclusive-bitcoin-interview-igot-co-founder-taking-merchant-rebittance-markets/

I am very cautious on this one.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 05:25:12 PM

I am very cautious on this one.

I understand your caution. But, if they are what they say they are, it will be interesting to watch. The jury is still out...

DNotesVault
infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 05:31:55 PM

hot and really bad news demostrating easy vulnerabilities to corrupt decentraliced blockchain with simple exploit

http://bitcoinist.net/kaspersky-labs-interpol-blockchain-vulnerable/

Huh Shocked Huh
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 05:54:19 PM

hot and really bad news demostrating easy vulnerabilities to corrupt decentraliced blockchain with simple exploit

http://bitcoinist.net/kaspersky-labs-interpol-blockchain-vulnerable/

Huh Shocked Huh

That requires an infected computer to even have an impact on the end user. It has no impact on the blockchain functionality. The article is clearly misleading.

infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 05:58:01 PM

wup, hope so, maybe tomorrow all btc media press explain it better.
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: