Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:25:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:02:31 PM

Just catching up a little on what's happening in the DNOTES world Smiley

The community here never ceases to amaze me. So much amazing community interaction here. Love it.

Hi, Octoparty. We are always happy to see you here. I know that you have devoted much time and resources to help smooth out some challenging situations in our industry, which we never seem to be lacking. We certainly wish you well. Visit us often, share your observations on the "state of the crypto world" as you see it, and let us know if there is anything we can be helpful.
OCTOPARTY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 02:55:43 PM

The community here never ceases to amaze me. So much amazing community interaction here. Love it.

Hi, Octoparty. We are always happy to see you here. I know that you have devoted much time and resources to help smooth out some challenging situations in our industry, which we never seem to be lacking. We certainly wish you well. Visit us often, share your observations on the "state of the crypto world" as you see it, and let us know if there is anything we can be helpful.

Thanks Dyna. Always a pleasure. And yes, I have been a busy, busy man lately. I should be attending my first Bitcoin Meetup here in Florida this month. I'm hoping to make some good contacts and get some things started down here. I also will be hiring out some jobs soon, which should free up some of my time. But, even when busy, I always check in here and catch up Smiley
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 03:32:40 PM

Thanks Dyna. Always a pleasure. And yes, I have been a busy, busy man lately. I should be attending my first Bitcoin Meetup here in Florida this month. I'm hoping to make some good contacts and get some things started down here. I also will be hiring out some jobs soon, which should free up some of my time. But, even when busy, I always check in here and catch up Smiley

Good to hear Octoparty, let us know how you did at your bitcoin meetup.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:58:50 PM

DNotes press release is on MarketWatch which is a more traditional financial site.

"Bitcoin Alternative DNotes Focuses On Banking Solutions And Stability While Venture Capital Investment Continues At Record Breaking Pace"

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-focuses-on-banking-solutions-and-stability-while-venture-capital-investment-continues-at-record-breaking-pace-2015-03-17

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:22:08 PM

I'll return now to quietly reading the thread, but a parting thought:

I remain unashamedly adherent to a range of basic left values -- like opposing sexism. However, the left has (overall) robbed its adherents of self-reliance. And we need self-reliance. Actually, by the look of what's on the horizon, we're gonna need a lot of self-reliance!

So let's work on the premise that: whatever goals you want to achieve ('political' or otherwise), a heaped-high wagon-load of self-reliance/discipline/energy is a pre-requisite.

m

Self-reliance can best be characterized as an acquired “mind-set”; when well re-enforced   with good family values, it provides the best range possibilities to overcome adversities in life. It also positioned the individual to recognize available opportunities to excel and the willingness to commit one’s time and resources to earn and maximize potential gains. The attitude that “I am willing to do my best and work hard for it” is productive.

The opposite of that is “dependency,” which unfortunately has been over promoted in the in our societies. It is sad. It promotes a mind-set of “hope” for better and more of it. “Hope” in this case is dependent on others to come true for you and a good fortune to happen, allowing others to govern one’s destiny. Dependency retards opportunities to excel, to be the most productive and positive force for everyone with significant mutual benefits, verses being a burden or drain of the limited resources available. Committing to self-reliance and the mind-set of wanting to be the best in class on anything one wants to pursue, is by itself a winning strategy at the individual level. It is not where we are, but where we are going from here that matters.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:30:36 PM

DNotes press release is on MarketWatch which is a more traditional financial site.

"Bitcoin Alternative DNotes Focuses On Banking Solutions And Stability While Venture Capital Investment Continues At Record Breaking Pace"

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-focuses-on-banking-solutions-and-stability-while-venture-capital-investment-continues-at-record-breaking-pace-2015-03-17

Nice.

Still more to come. We will continue with additional PR efforts during the week of March 30Th when CRISP For Students will be launched.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 05:41:23 PM

Dnotes Voting to add coin to GoUrl Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway -

https://gourl.io/coin-voting.html

Thank you crypto777, I will add this to our in-voting list.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:06:06 PM

I'll return now to quietly reading the thread, but a parting thought:

I remain unashamedly adherent to a range of basic left values -- like opposing sexism. However, the left has (overall) robbed its adherents of self-reliance. And we need self-reliance. Actually, by the look of what's on the horizon, we're gonna need a lot of self-reliance!

So let's work on the premise that: whatever goals you want to achieve ('political' or otherwise), a heaped-high wagon-load of self-reliance/discipline/energy is a pre-requisite.

m

Self-reliance can best be characterized as an acquired “mind-set”; when well re-enforced   with good family values, it provides the best range possibilities to overcome adversities in life. It also positioned the individual to recognize available opportunities to excel and the willingness to commit one’s time and resources to earn and maximize potential gains. The attitude that “I am willing to do my best and work hard for it” is productive.

The opposite of that is “dependency,” which unfortunately has been over promoted in the in our societies. It is sad. It promotes a mind-set of “hope” for better and more of it. “Hope” in this case is dependent on others to come true for you and a good fortune to happen, allowing others to govern one’s destiny. Dependency retards opportunities to excel, to be the most productive and positive force for everyone with significant mutual benefits, verses being a burden or drain of the limited resources available. Committing to self-reliance and the mind-set of wanting to be the best in class on anything one wants to pursue, is by itself a winning strategy at the individual level. It is not where we are, but where we are going from here that matters.

+1 I subscribe to this line of thinking, and tie it closely together with your posts about the system approach.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 09:53:36 PM

Here is an interesting diversion:

https://changemoney.org/

There are numerous display options, use the filters to see where the money is going.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 10:03:32 PM

Here is an interesting diversion:

https://changemoney.org/

There are numerous display options, use the filters to see where the money is going.

Nice visualization. Interesting to see how many transactions are sent within the same country verse outside of the country.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:28:31 PM

Do you think this is fraud protection or something resembling Big Brother?

"Visa's new fraud protection software will track customers' smartphones"

http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2015/02/13/visa-new-fraud-protection-software-will-track-customers-smartphones/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 11:48:04 PM

http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2015/02/13/visa-new-fraud-protection-software-will-track-customers-smartphones/

Tracking your location by your cell phone to prevent fraud does seem a bit too intrusive. It will be interesting to see how fraud protection evolves, it is such a huge issue.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:02:23 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 02:40:22 AM by Dyna

Tracking your location by your cell phone to prevent fraud does seem a bit too intrusive. It will be interesting to see how fraud protection evolves, it is such a huge issue.

Location-tracking as a means of ranking risk exposure for fraud has been considered as an additional layer of security for sometime. At least for now, customers are given the choice to opt in or stay out. “The feature is optional and can be deactivated at any time.” We are already being tracked much more than we have been told anyway.

To me this is just another bandaid over a gapping hole. It helps but far from being a viable solution to a serious structural problem. Our bank and financial system, as well as the credit and debit card network payment systems are costly and outdated, but above all, cannot conduct business without our personal data. They must know and be able to verify who we are. Multiple intermediaries are involved in the storage, transmission and verification of our information. Personal data has been stolen by the tens of millions. “Criminals can take stolen credit card information and code it onto a new card using equipment that can be readily purchased online. Counterfeit cards look like any other credit card, but have someone else's information on the magnetic stripe.”

Digital currency like DNotes, on the other hand does not require any personal data. It can be as simple as having two cellular phones, or computer systems with an internet link to send or receive funds. It does not require, transfer, or keep any personal data and the two parties do not need to know or trust each other to successfully complete the transaction, at little to no cost.

There is no doubt that DNotes will one day be superior to fiat currency. Taking our time to build a solid structure is the only way to accomplish a vital mission.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:28:49 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 02:47:49 AM by mafort1469

Location-tracking as a means of ranking risk exposure for fraud has been considered as an additional layer of security for sometime. At least for now, customers are given the choice to opt in or stay out. “The feature is optional and can be deactivated at any time.” We are already being tracked much more than we have been told anyway.

To me this is just another bandage over a gapping hole. It helps but far from being a viable solution to a serious structural problem. Our bank and financial system, as well as the credit and debit card network payment systems are costly and outdated, but above all, cannot conduct business without our personal data. They must know and be able to verify who we are. Multiple intermediaries are involved in the storage, transmission and verification of our information. Personal data has been stolen by the tens of millions. “Criminals can take stolen credit card information and code it onto a new card using equipment that can be readily purchased online. Counterfeit cards look like any other credit card, but have someone else's information on the magnetic stripe.”

Digital currency like DNotes, on the other hand does not require any personal data. It can be as simple as having two cellular phones, or computer systems with an internet link to send or receive funds. It does not require, transfer, or keep any personal data and the two parties do not need to know or trust each other to successfully complete the transaction, at little to no cost.

There is no doubt that DNotes will one day be superior to fiat currency. Taking our time to build a solid structure is the only way to accomplish a vital mission.

Yes, I agree it is another bandaid. Instead of location-tracking, any credit card should be linked to 2FA like cryptocurrency. You want to make a purchase you swipe and then enter your 2FA. Boom, done. A hassle some might say, but no 2FA no sale. Easy. You can have all my data you want but you don't have my phone you don't buy anything.

Doesn't really matter anyway. In a few years credit cards, debit cards, etc will be useless. Digital will be digital and will encompass everything. No physical anything except your phone to conduct all transactions. And DNotes will be the leader in all of this!!
Deckard Cain

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:08:30 AM

Do you think this is fraud frog protection or something resembling Big Brother?

"Visa's new fraud frog protection software will track customers' smartphones"

I think they meant frog protection lol

Just having fun!  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAY_OhFRxgA
Deckard Cain

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:31:01 AM

Doesn't really matter anyway. In a few years credit cards, debit cards, etc. will be useless. Digital will be digital and will encompass everything. No physical anything except your phone to conduct all transactions. And DNotes will be the leader in all of this!!

Seriously though, Its coming and getting closer each day, crypto digital transaction as mainstream. The credit card company's will resist for sure and do all the can do to stall it, but with all the fraud, massive hackings etc.. getting out of hand, it makes digital look like a pretty good alternative. ( not to mention the fee's and interest) Definitely time for a new means of doing business differently.

Lets all just hope that this coin... Dnotes, will be a top contender and or at least be pioneering new ideas and applying them in a practical way into real world everyday uses. Needless to say Dnotes is well on its way to doing just that.  Wink
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:39:03 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 12:01:32 AM by Chase

The CRISP Word Contest   -Prizes & Rules:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10712392#msg10712392

Thank you everyone for your entries!         Smiley

CRISP Dictionary Definition

kanus1113:     CRISP (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) - A group of programs designed to aid individuals and groups save digital currency as a long term investment.

infovortice2013: CRISP: We can define CRISP as a Combined Group of online Investing Plans Securiced and 100% backed in coldwallet warrantee.Proffesionaly tutored all the plans are "the first ones"; so CRISP is the most innovating product at his time and is sharing an opportunity for all to join plans that can obtain logaritmic rewards but sure you will earn % interest of each plan.

IMZ:     Phrasal verb: crisp up: 'to gleefully own large amounts of CRISP,' as in 'Wow! I'm CRISPed right up at this point!"

cojack:    Crisparian
[krisp-er-ēən]
noun
An experienced CRISP user.

RJF:      CRISPER
Noun - CRISP generator. Script or series of customer accessible web site commands used to create a CRISP account tailored to their individual needs.
Usage - "I just setup a family account using the CRISPER at DNotesVault.com, you should try it!"

Non-competitive Entries (no prizes):

Dyna:      CRISP is A DNotes Global Initiative.

Cryptobroker79:  CRISP /krisp/

abbreviation
cryptocurrency investment savings plan

noun: CRISP, plural noun: CRISPS

1. -a DNotes global Initiative, designed to bring cryptocurrency to the everyday person.
   -a long term savings plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle.
   -an alternative to traditional investments, savings, and retirement plans.

verb:CRISP, past tense:CRISPed, present participle:CRISPing

1. set aside wealth for the future.  "I CRISP for my future"
2. previously set up a CRISP.  "sure glad I CRISPed, it's out performed all of my other investments"
3. using a cryptocurrency investment savings plan.  "I've been CRISPing for years now, and my finances have never looked better"

grandmama (having some fun):   CRISPy Critters: I belong to the CRISPy Critters team... and am an animal when is comes to DNotes.     Grin

Chase (also having some fun  Wink):  CRISP Fund Baby
Definition - Modern day replacement of the "trust fund baby".  A child born to, or receiving a gift from, someone with a large amount of DNotes.  The parent or gift giver set up a CRISP for the child when they were born or very young and the child is now able to live off the appreciated value of the CRISP.  While the term "trust fund baby" carries negative connotations of never having to work, the grown up "CRISP fund baby" tends to be hard working and appreciative of what their parents did for them.    Grin

CRISP Customized

infovortice2013:  Can be use for old, young(study), childrens, needs... but i like to see travel plans savers or 2 savatical years found or wherever user selfmake want.

BoscoBlue / RJF / DNotes (Joint Entry):      
Boscoe Blue - Organizations may benefit from using CRISP, where the organizer can customize and contribute to their own CRISP program. For example, employee matching programs.  
RJF - Perhaps, in the future, we could have a "CRISP Generator" where you just plug in the required amounts, fund name and purpose, pick from a list what you want to calculate, etc and submit it for review and possible posting if acceptable. Of course there would be rules and guidelines and the creation process would rely on drop down choices to keep things in line and formatted as DNotes wishes. People could apply for a CRISP Hosting account at the time.
DNotes - Agreed, that sounds like a good idea. An organization would apply for registration. Get their own landing page like ABCOrganization.DNotesVault.com, registrations through that landing page would be tied to that organizations account. As well as an organizational administration panel where they could approve registrations and add 'rules' for accounts tied to that organization, like fund matching or initial sign up bonus. What type of organizations might be interested in something like this?                                    
RJF - I would think the list is long and distinguished. Schools, volunteer Fire/Rescue/OEM, public service such as Rotary, Masons, Optimists, Scout Troops, Charities, etc.  Anybody that wants to offer an incentive for joining, serving or remaining a member.

RJF:  CRISP for Families! Either a CRISP for Families, or a pre-configured generator to create simple family CRISP Plans where Mom or Dad can "plug in" their configuration and comfort level, include their children, and end up with their own, family oriented, savings plan/account all rolled up in one CRISP customized for them.  

With growing distrust in banks and other financial entities and managers, people are starting to take their investments into their own hands, what better way to do this than a DNotes savings plan that you customize for your own needs and expectations? I can foresee a lot of activity with this and that is the main reason a self management system should be developed to take off DNotes developers. And, as always, the chance for much greater than traditional returns is always there.

I think this would be a template for all future CRISP plans if developed with flexibility in mind. Later on we can role crypto currency conversion into the system to allow for the deposit of other coins and their automatic conversion into DNotes being instantly added to your vault.

And keep in mind, unlike groups and businesses, families are free to open accounts as they wish without going through "due process" and loosing time and money waiting.

Non-competitive Entries

Chase:   CRISP For Customer Loyalty:  This would work better, at least at first, on larger purchases like vehicles, appliances, furniture, equipment, etc.  Because you are already sitting down filling out the paperwork on such sales, setting up a CRISP would be simple.  As an incentive to remain loyal to a specific retailer, a small percentage of the sale would go towards establishing, or further contributing to, a CRISP for the customer.  It could evolve to include a point system (which could include major retailers) where a certain amount of points allows you to purchase one DNote.  

Dyna:    By popular demand (if that turns out to be the case) CRISP For 1st Time Home Buyer could be a good idea. A young couple dating, may want to jointly start a CRISP by giving up a fine dining with the saving invested. You guys can expand from there.

CRISP Board Game

kanus1113:      CRISPopoly (lol)  Similar to monopoly, except the objective is... Once the 'exchange' runs out of DNotes, you win the game if you saved the most.  It's a work in progress lol, but you get the picture.

infovortice2013: CRISPers 4 Dnotes

3** CRISPers 4 Dnotes.

BoscoBlue:     How about Digital Life. A spin on the game of life that is all digital and allows opportunities to put money into CRISP accounts?

cojack
CRISP Watch Board Game

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:47:30 AM

There are 2 days left in the CRISP Word Contest and would be great to get a few more entries.  If I have missed any submissions please let me know and I will add them to the post.  Let us know what your favorites are.  Thanks!!  Smiley

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:18:48 AM

Doesn't really matter anyway. In a few years credit cards, debit cards, etc. will be useless. Digital will be digital and will encompass everything. No physical anything except your phone to conduct all transactions. And DNotes will be the leader in all of this!!

Seriously though, Its coming and getting closer each day, crypto digital transaction as mainstream. The credit card company's will resist for sure and do all the can do to stall it, but with all the fraud, massive hackings etc.. getting out of hand, it makes digital look like a pretty good alternative. ( not to mention the fee's and interest) Definitely time for a new means of doing business differently.

Lets all just hope that this coin... Dnotes, will be a top contender and or at least be pioneering new ideas and applying them in a practical way into real world everyday uses. Needless to say Dnotes is well on its way to doing just that.  Wink

Hi, DC. Thanks for your support and confidence in DNotes. The outdated and costly debit and credit card network payment systems will be replaced one day, but not likely to be anytime soon. They have very good reasons not to take Bitcoin as an immediate threat. Bitcoin’s high volatilities defeat its low cost transaction fees. Because of the high volatilities, factually, Bitcoin is neither a good medium of exchange nor a good store of value as it stands now; two of the most important functions of money.

I am very appreciative and respectful of what Bitcoin has accomplished. As a group Bitcoin has done an amazing job over the last 18 months in terms of getting the word out. Although there has been a great deal of negative and inaccurate reporting Bitcoin has enjoyed very good mainstream media support. It has also attracted robust support from the venture capital community and many start-ups in building a significant ecosystem.

In my opinion, unlike DNotes, Bitcoin is not created with currency stability in mind. To be fair, as the pioneer, it is seldom possible to think through all the different scenarios. At this stage it is not likely that Bitcoin can be repositioned to be a sufficiently stable currency. My expectations are that Bitcoin will be very popular for speculative trading with a high tendency to be manipulated often, but for long term investors it has the potential for significant price appreciation. 

It will be a couple more year before DNotes can claim to be the digital currency that meets the full functions of money; namely as a unit of account, as a medium of exchange, and as a store of value. We take them all very seriously and it has been the case since day one. Our commitment is to ensure that we remained highly focus on the biggest prize of all: the preferred digital currency for global commerce. Once we reached that point, the network effect will be massive for DNotes.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:22:07 AM

There are 2 days left in the CRISP Word Contest and would be great to get a few more entries.  If I have missed any submissions please let me know and I will add them to the post.  Let us know what your favorites are.  Thanks!!  Smiley

Thanks, Chase. Excellent work. It will certainly be nice to have a few more entries.
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: