Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:52:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:09:49 PM

Part of the reason DNotes is different is we are building technology and platforms that are geared towards ease of use and easy to understand. As you can see in the article below, that is very different from the majority of our industry and people are recognizing the issue. We are continuously learning from customers of our existing platform, how to expand, how to make it more user friendly, and how to make it easier to understand. Please feel free help us in those efforts by providing feedback, any and all feedback is helpful.

Bitcoin Usage Low Due To Disinterest From Consumers (Op-Ed)

Earlier today, I had the chance to speak with several merchants accepting Bitcoin payments for a while now. My main concern was whether or Bitcoin is being used by customers on a regular basis, and if so, whether or not there were any noticeable trends occurring. I did learn one thing though, Bitcoin is fine in terms of supporting merchants but needs to convince everyday users to work with digital currency.

[...]

Source: http://insidebitcoins.com/news/bitcoin-usage-low-due-to-disinterest-from-consumers-op-ed/32840

I've been in the Bitcoin community for over two years and I still don't use my Bitcoin to buy ordinary things. The main reason is that I'm still in trying to grow my Bitcoin stash mode. If I could go back in time knowing everything I know now and not make a lot of the mistakes I made it's possible I'd be sitting on a pretty nice stash of Bitcoin at the moment. Then I'd have a solid pool to use for spending money. It's not for lack of trying to grow my stash. But a few of the methods I tried turned out to be scams, hacked, or plain unsustainable. In all cases, the result was losing rather than growing Bitcoins. This means that today when I do get Bitcoin, I'm keeping it as Bitcoin and either using it to buy a different coin, or trying to earn some interest on it. My hope is that some day I will have a nice abundant stash of Bitcoin and be able to spend it. For now, though, I'm not going to spend it on ordinary stuff because it's easier to spend fiat. I'm certainly not going to convert my fiat into Bitcoin just so I can buy something with Bitcoin instead of fiat. Anytime you have to make an exchange, that introduces cost and risk.

I now understand better one aspect of the DNotes strategy, which is to spend the first couple years focusing on encouraging and helping people to obtain DNotes, and then save them for some time a few years down the road. Since DNotes are cheap these days it's easy to buy them and that's not counting what the DNotes team gives away for free. A couple years down the road, if the DNotes I bought today have appreciated substantially in value, and I'm sitting on a nice stash of them, then when retailers start accepting DNotes, then I will be a lot more inclined to spend mine. I don't know for sure, but I believe the majority of the people who are regularly spending Bitcoin at retail stores are those who either heavily mined or bought back when Bitcoin was worth less than a dollar, and now get to spend it at over 200 times its initial value. That's what I'm hoping will happen to my DNotes stash. Buy them at two or three cents today; spend them at two or three dollars in a few years.

Given that, I think the best strategy for DNotes is to try to turn as many people as possible into early adopters, encourage them to acquire DNotes while the price is low, then save them, and during that time, work very hard to build value and more value into it. If successful, in a few years you'll have all kinds of people buying and selling with it.

It helps also to do what is possible to minimize the scam sites using DNotes. Those and the outright illegal ones.

Speaking at NASDAQ events doesn't hurt either...

Hey, DNotes people, You guys should really do all that.

Oh, never mind. You've been doing this since day one Wink

The challenge of gaining mass acceptance of Bitcoin and digital currency has been hugely underestimated. The process of change for the population at large is always very complex and often takes years or decades, even if there are compelling reasons to change. In the case of highly disruptive technologies, such as the Internet, and now digital currency and Blockchain technology, it is actually a good thing, giving affected parties plenty of time to adjust. Despite that, there will still be plenty of casualties, for a vast number of reasons. Certain industries will be displaced and many jobs will be lost. However, on balance there will be substantial net gain with massive job and wealth creation in other areas. Smart investors capable of identifying and investing for the long term, in the best positioned players, at the infancy of the technology revolution, often ended up being the biggest winners. Those are often the minority.

Unfortunately, we all see and value things differently and no one can guarantee an out come that may happen at some point in the future. I can tell you, with a high degree of certainty, that digital currency will be used as a medium of exchange to supplement fiat currency in global commerce by 25% within the next 50 years (very broad range just for the sake of this argument), but I can not guarantee that it will happen sooner; such as 5, 10 or 15 years from now, as much as I believe that it will happen sooner than later.

Although many may not see it that way, DNotes has, since day one, been mindful of the difficulties of mass consumer and mass merchant acceptance of digital currency as a medium of exchange. We firmly believe that it must start with a trusted stable digital currency and followed by broad base ownership of the currency with the necessary infrastructure to the extent that DNotes becomes a competitive edge as a medium of exchange. Hence, we created the DNotesVault and our family of CRISP, in an effort to build a large generation of stakeholders who are merchants and consumers, as wiser pointed out to a certain extent.

I wish I have more time to elaborate. Indeed, I have articulated these points many time in earlier posts. Essentially, we are creating the pathway to mass consumer adoption of DNotes as a medium of exchange, giving us a much higher level of certainly that it will happen. We are not hoping that it could happen. We are executing a series of strategic plans to make it happen.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:13:58 AM

The challenge of gaining mass acceptance of Bitcoin and digital currency has been hugely underestimated. The process of change for the population at large is always very complex and often takes years or decades, even if there are compelling reasons to change. In the case of highly disruptive technologies, such as the Internet, and now digital currency and Blockchain technology, it is actually a good thing, giving affected parties plenty of time to adjust. Despite that, there will still be plenty of casualties, for a vast number of reasons. Certain industries will be displaced and many jobs will be lost. However, on balance there will be substantial net gain with massive job and wealth creation in other areas. Smart investors capable of identifying and investing for the long term, in the best positioned players, at the infancy of the technology revolution, often ended up being the biggest winners. Those are often the minority.

Unfortunately, we all see and value things differently and no one can guarantee an out come that may happen at some point in the future. I can tell you, with a high degree of certainty, that digital currency will be used as a medium of exchange to supplement fiat currency in global commerce by 25% within the next 50 years (very broad range just for the sake of this argument), but I can not guarantee that it will happen sooner; such as 5, 10 or 15 years from now, as much as I believe that it will happen sooner than later.

Although many may not see it that way, DNotes has, since day one, been mindful of the difficulties of mass consumer and mass merchant acceptance of digital currency as a medium of exchange. We firmly believe that it must start with a trusted stable digital currency and followed by broad base ownership of the currency with the necessary infrastructure to the extent that DNotes becomes a competitive edge as a medium of exchange. Hence, we created the DNotesVault and our family of CRISP, in an effort to build a large generation of stakeholders who are merchants and consumers, as wiser pointed out to a certain extent.

I wish I have more time to elaborate. Indeed, I have articulated these points many time in earlier posts. Essentially, we are creating the pathway to mass consumer adoption of DNotes as a medium of exchange, giving us a much higher level of certainly that it will happen. We are not hoping that it could happen. We are executing a series of strategic plans to make it happen.

"We are not hoping that it could happen. We are executing a series of strategic plans to make it happen. " - Dyna

This is why I am still here, and coincidentally why I have given up on so many others.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:39:21 AM

"However, if merchants are accepting it, and no one is using it, it could be a bit of a stumbling block."

'Mr. Transactional' -- aka me -- drives some people up the wall with his naive notion that to-love-Your-Coin-is-to-use-Your-Coin. That is, some economic dis-benefit may be involved.

Australia has a mob called https://bitcoingiftcards.com.au. Now, forget for a second that you aren't in Australia. (Are you? PM me!) Rather, check out the array of gift cards that this outfit markets. The total premium that you pay is quite low.

Mr. Transactional regularly buys Coles gift cards with My Home-Base Coin. Originally it was with Bitcoin, but IndiaMikeZulu made the case, and got My Home-Base Coin accepted.

?

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:48:41 AM

"We are not hoping that it could happen. We are executing a series of strategic plans to make it happen. " - Dyna

This is why I am still here, and coincidentally why I have given up on so many others.

This is exactly how we built Smokeys Gardens from scratch to be a market leader in less than five years. Once we decided to go into the daylily business, we immersed ourselves in the daylily business. From literally day one, we were formulating a plan. We lived and breathed Daylilies. We sometimes worked 100 hours a week, for weeks on end. When the work was done, we would discuss our strategy and flesh out new ideas (and problems) until midnight every night.
     BUT....there are a lot of folks that work hard. Some even work harder than us. But, without a stratigic plan to execute, a lot of hard work can get you nowhere. We have all been there. Most businessmen plan for a week, a month, or even a year. Dyna seems to be able to see much further into the future than the average joe. Very early in the planning phase for our "Plan for World Domination of the Daylily World", (we think BIG), Dyna was already describing our Hybridizing Program, which would take years to produce results. We figured out the different markets, and conquered them, one at a time. We realized that the business of delivering quality daylilies at a lower cost than any competitor was really a group of systems and sub-systems. (Dyna already knew all this stuff, but it took over ten years for him to pound it into my head). Some systems and sub-systems are more important than others. But EVERY system is important. One weak system (like a plumber tracking mud in the house, during an otherwise stellar service call), may sink the entire system. The Plumbing Company could have the best marketing, the best equipment, the most knowlagable and capable techs, BUT, if the Tech gets mud on Mrs. Jones's white carpet, guess what? A simple sub-system lost a customer.
     We have a strategic plan. We do our homework. We work hard. We work smart. It is very complicated as a whole. Being broken down into systems and sub-systems is the only way it can be done, and doing them ALL as GOOD AS, or BETTER than your competitors will win the battle everytime. Does not matter if you are a plumbing company, a flower company, or digital currency. Research. Plan. Execute. Win.

Smokey
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:11:20 AM

Part of the reason DNotes is different is we are building technology and platforms that are geared towards ease of use and easy to understand. As you can see in the article below, that is very different from the majority of our industry and people are recognizing the issue. We are continuously learning from customers of our existing platform, how to expand, how to make it more user friendly, and how to make it easier to understand. Please feel free help us in those efforts by providing feedback, any and all feedback is helpful.

Earlier today, I had the chance to speak with several merchants accepting Bitcoin payments for a while now. My main concern was whether or Bitcoin is being used by customers on a regular basis, and if so, whether or not there were any noticeable trends occurring. I did learn one thing though, Bitcoin is fine in terms of supporting merchants but needs to convince everyday users to work with digital currency.

[...]

Source: http://insidebitcoins.com/news/bitcoin-usage-low-due-to-disinterest-from-consumers-op-ed/32840

I've been in the Bitcoin community for over two years and I still don't use my Bitcoin to buy ordinary things. The main reason is that I'm still in trying to grow my Bitcoin stash mode. If I could go back in time knowing everything I know now and not make a lot of the mistakes I made it's possible I'd be sitting on a pretty nice stash of Bitcoin at the moment. Then I'd have a solid pool to use for spending money. It's not for lack of trying to grow my stash. But a few of the methods I tried turned out to be scams, hacked, or plain unsustainable. In all cases, the result was losing rather than growing Bitcoins. This means that today when I do get Bitcoin, I'm keeping it as Bitcoin and either using it to buy a different coin, or trying to earn some interest on it. My hope is that some day I will have a nice abundant stash of Bitcoin and be able to spend it. For now, though, I'm not going to spend it on ordinary stuff because it's easier to spend fiat. I'm certainly not going to convert my fiat into Bitcoin just so I can buy something with Bitcoin instead of fiat. Anytime you have to make an exchange, that introduces cost and risk.

I now understand better one aspect of the DNotes strategy, which is to spend the first couple years focusing on encouraging and helping people to obtain DNotes, and then save them for some time a few years down the road. Since DNotes are cheap these days it's easy to buy them and that's not counting what the DNotes team gives away for free. A couple years down the road, if the DNotes I bought today have appreciated substantially in value, and I'm sitting on a nice stash of them, then when retailers start accepting DNotes, then I will be a lot more inclined to spend mine. I don't know for sure, but I believe the majority of the people who are regularly spending Bitcoin at retail stores are those who either heavily mined or bought back when Bitcoin was worth less than a dollar, and now get to spend it at over 200 times its initial value. That's what I'm hoping will happen to my DNotes stash. Buy them at two or three cents today; spend them at two or three dollars in a few years.

Given that, I think the best strategy for DNotes is to try to turn as many people as possible into early adopters, encourage them to acquire DNotes while the price is low, then save them, and during that time, work very hard to build value and more value into it. If successful, in a few years you'll have all kinds of people buying and selling with it.

It helps also to do what is possible to minimize the scam sites using DNotes. Those and the outright illegal ones.

Can you imagine back in the day when the paper money and coins were first introduced as a nationwide currency?  There was no internet to educate people on the use of it.  There were very few newspapers circulated in the wilderness to educate people, no television, no radio etc etc.  I would believe that with technology these days that educating people on digital currency would be easier than any time in the past when the nationwide currencies were passed as the "new" currency.  Your local currencies were no longer going to be used as method of payment for anything.  Understanding the digital currency is just a matter of educating the public.. and I think and believe that is something that will catch on quickly once the consumers and businesses are educated about it.
BitHappy24

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:42:52 AM

My wallet is not synching can anyone help ?
Andrelvogue

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:44:11 AM

Have you tried reinstalling the wallet?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:52:58 AM

Welcome to the DNotes forum BitHappy24 and Andrelvogue!

At this point it can take several hours to sync. If you have active connections, and your block count is moving up, it will be just a matter or time. If you do not have connections or the block count is not moving up, please let me know.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 02:28:56 PM

Welcome to the DNotes forum BitHappy24 and Andrelvogue!

At this point it can take several hours to sync. If you have active connections, and your block count is moving up, it will be just a matter or time. If you do not have connections or the block count is not moving up, please let me know.

Don't forget to check out the DNotesVault. DNotes team managed, with 100% guaranteed matching fund, easy to use online vault for your DNotes, accessible anywhere from any device.
http://dnotesvault.com

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 03:32:25 PM

Bitcoin struggles for legitimacy

[...]

The problem? A simple lack of rules and regulations, according to a small but high-profile cadre of New York City-based bitcoiners.
But a high-profile group of investors are hoping to change that.

Most famous among New York’s bitcoin evangelists are Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss. They’re preparing to launch an FDIC-insured exchange called Gemini, which they have likened to a Nasdaq for bitcoin.

“We believe that this will be the year of infrastructure for bitcoin,” Tyler Winklevoss told The Post.

[...]

http://nypost.com/2015/05/31/bitcoin-struggles-for-legitimacy/

kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:45:00 PM

[...]

Can you imagine back in the day when the paper money and coins were first introduced as a nationwide currency?  There was no internet to educate people on the use of it.  There were very few newspapers circulated in the wilderness to educate people, no television, no radio etc etc.  I would believe that with technology these days that educating people on digital currency would be easier than any time in the past when the nationwide currencies were passed as the "new" currency.  Your local currencies were no longer going to be used as method of payment for anything.  Understanding the digital currency is just a matter of educating the public.. and I think and believe that is something that will catch on quickly once the consumers and businesses are educated about it.

+1

Eventually, it will just be money people can spend and use. The average Joe doesn't know the inner workings of banks and bank security, they just know how to spend the money. Once we reach the point where people don't have to understand it completely in order to trust it, it will really take off.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 05:52:47 PM

i think that too, this year has been huge in start ups funding to make services for bitcoin and expand to general public. Next year big part of them will be ready to work its going to be amazing, big services only accesibles by bitcoin/litecoin plus other coins that win direct fiat change gateway. I hope Dnotes be capable to build that with his exchange, making possible direct access to dnotes services from fiat. I know you are working hard to make it real.

other coins have merchandising , i think some one is going to join a retirement program wanna be part of miner net, just with a raspberry for 50$ you are securing your inversion, and rasperry can be prepared to be node and solo mining i think will be a good DNotes product.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 12:12:04 AM

I’m proud to announce the sale of my first series of physical coins…..Genesis Coin
I have chosen DNotes to be part of the first series of my physical coin line
-   The idea: I was looking for physical coins, other than the more well known coins (i.e. Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.) and saw that there weren’t many choices out there if any at all. There are many companies minting physical Bitcoins and I did not want to add just another choice for people. So I went out and created a brand new line of coins to compliment the current market.  So what I am bringing to the market is a line of coins, which I call Genesis Coin, which in my first series of coins will represent 12 different coins with a total production run of 300. 

Thank you wheelz1200, they look great!

Im proud to announce I will be accepting DNotes for payment for my Genesis series coins.  Support your community and get your physical DNotes coin and pay in DNotes if you wish.  Pm me for details if you are interested.

Wheelz1200

Nice, Wheelz1200. I will take three. PM me total amount with DNotes Deposit address.

Im shipping from the US.  What coutry are these shipping to.  I will pm you a quote for 3 shipped once I get that.  There are only 9 more physical DNotes left for sale.  Serial numbers 17-25.  Let me know which ones you want.

Wheelz1200

Coin arrived today and it is top notch, high quality. Nice work...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 12:16:51 AM

[...]

+1

Eventually, it will just be money people can spend and use. The average Joe doesn't know the inner workings of banks and bank security, they just know how to spend the money. Once we reach the point where people don't have to understand it completely in order to trust it, it will really take off.

Banks have been pulling the wool over our eyes for years, they are nothing more than criminal enterprises when you really think about. And now, with "negative interest", they are charging us to keep our money on their ledger. Criminal...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 01:26:16 AM

All, this is a great summary of the issues for and against increased block limit.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/36085/what-are-the-arguments-for-and-against-the-increase-of-the-block-size-limit

It is important for us to learn from the issues raised in the event DNotes is posed with the same issues in the future.

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:41:43 AM

Wheelz1200,

Received my coins today from you. WOW! I am highly impressed with them. I do wish I would have bought more. I do thank you!

Marc
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 02:09:55 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 03:09:15 AM by RJF

All, this is a great summary of the issues for and against increased block limit.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/36085/what-are-the-arguments-for-and-against-the-increase-of-the-block-size-limit

It is important for us to learn from the issues raised in the event DNotes is posed with the same issues in the future.

So, they want to increase block size from 1Mb to 20Mb to make Bitcoin faster by being able to handle more than 7 transactions a second. The most obvious problem I see is blockchain size and the amount of space needed to store same on you device. At some point, I can see a situation where a full copy of the ledger will not be downloadable or, will take so much space that smaller devices won't be able to handle it.

I think they need to work on this prior to trying to scale Bitcoin to match the credit cards with their hundreds of thousands of transactions per second. One entwines the other, fast blockchains need to be small and agile, thousands of transactions make huge slow blockchains. This is a problem within the design itself but, not insurmountable. Some work has already been done on partial copies of the chain, compression and offsite storage. Problem is some of the current "solutions" centralize the blockchain and defeat the purpose of Bitcoin, decentralization. To solve this issue is to push crypto to the next technical level...

DNotesVault
grandmama

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:19:08 AM

[...]

+1

That is exactly what I am talking about.  The banks issued way back when their own currency, then the feds came along and introduced a currency which was now universal.  Everyone had the same currency in their pockets and this is no different.  It is just getting consumers AND businesses on board.  Once businesses realize how much it will save them more and more will begin to accept it.  Somewhere along the line someone mentioned about how the country has been built and still runs on small business.  That I believe is one key issue, getting small businesses, which are basically people who came up with an idea for a business but may not be business people and hung a shingle out for their business.  When small talk around the cooler includes "hey did you hear about this currency that does not cost you nearly what you are being charged today to accept payment", begins and they realize they can put that money back in their business or their pocket and realize we are talking about a large amount of money, then things will take off.  With the trust issue, when they realize it is more trustworthy than any other form of currency I think many will have that AH-HA moment.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:10:41 AM

So, they want to increase block size from 1Mb to 20Mb to make Bitcoin faster by being able to handle more than 7 transactions a second. The most obvious problem I see is blockchain size and the amount of space needed to store same on you device. At some point, I can see a situation where a full copy of the ledger will not be downloadable or, will take so much space that smaller devices won't be able to handle it.

I think they need to work on this prior to trying to scale Bitcoin to match the credit cards with their hundreds of thousands of transactions per second. One entwines the other, fast blockchains need to be small and agile, thousands of transactions make huge slow blockchains. This is a problem within the design itself but, not insurmountable. Some work has already been done on partial copies of the chain, compression and offsite storage. Problem is some of the current "solutions" centralize the blockchain and defeat the purpose of Bitcoin, decentralization. To solve this issue is to push crypto to the next technical level...

It is important to remember that technology always evolves and get better. I am less concern about the technical issues but far more concerned about the political issues. It would be best if the Bitcoin community can work well together to come up with the best solution, instead of fighting it out.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 02:02:29 PM

this bitcoin xt i read some weeks ago ... dev scam lot of people and run, and later some personalitys in forum take it to refloat and not loose money, and now this man wanna tranfer bitcoin to bitcoin xt ....

this kind of things really smell bad, what this man do for bitcoin, what problems he resolve? yeah maybe is a silence to response that. Sure fundation fill his pokets with money and make some big lobbist friends in there, but not have nothing to do if community keep alert.
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: