Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:34:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 02:42:42 PM

Welcome, good time to arrive, just now can buy some cheapz DNotes and start CRISP fund  Wink for your retirement, family, kids, or employes !

DNotes comunity keeps growing this is nice to see.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 03:24:08 PM

Some of this may sound familiar to many of you.

Major Challenges Facing Bitcoin Adoption

Bitcoin has already been existence for more than half a decade yet it has a long way to go before achieving mainstream acceptance. In fact, the challenges facing bitcoin back then are still pretty much the same ones it is struggling to surpass now.

The Trouble with Bitcoin

When it was first introduced, the main obstacle was the technical jargon and computer background needed to understand the concept itself. Bitcoin involves computers solving complex algorithms in order to verify transactions, something that was difficult to grasp by the common man.

From then, the features of bitcoin made it popular among members of the Dark Web or underground market. Bitcoin became prevalent in use with money laundering and criminal activities such as drug deals or assassination attempts, lending a negative light on its reputation.

This has also earned the ire of government officials and financial regulators who are having a hard time monitoring the activity in this industry. Many have made an effort to understand how the bitcoin ecosystem works while others dismissed the cryptocurrency as illegal.

The volatility in prices has also made it difficult for most people to accept bitcoin as a regular means of payment. You need it to be accessible, you need it to be usable and you need it to be relatively stable,” says Jonathan Chester, founder and CEO of Bitwage.

“We need to work on how do we bring people in and how do we capture the mainstream audience,” said Connie Gallippi of Bitcoin Foundation. She believes that the concept has to be made less complicated in order to capture the interest and trust of the general public.

As of now, three out of four Americans haven’t even heard of the six-year-old digital cash, a study conducted by the research firm GfK and The Street recently revealed.

Source: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/06/12/major-challenges-facing-bitcoin-adoption/

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:33:49 PM

Hello Friends, I'm new here. next 2 weeks will dedicate my presence here just to study. I'm Israeli journalist and poet. know: there is a lot to study about this amazing field of digital currencies

Hi matatyau-cohen and welcome to DNotes!  Smiley

Thank you. I'll bring here my views and ideas and try together to go forward

Welcome matatyau-cohen! Thank you for joining us. Look forward to it.

Welcome Smiley
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:13:19 PM

Some of this may sound familiar to many of you.

Major Challenges Facing Bitcoin Adoption

Bitcoin has already been existence for more than half a decade yet it has a long way to go before achieving mainstream acceptance. In fact, the challenges facing bitcoin back then are still pretty much the same ones it is struggling to surpass now.

The Trouble with Bitcoin

When it was first introduced, the main obstacle was the technical jargon and computer background needed to understand the concept itself. Bitcoin involves computers solving complex algorithms in order to verify transactions, something that was difficult to grasp by the common man.

From then, the features of bitcoin made it popular among members of the Dark Web or underground market. Bitcoin became prevalent in use with money laundering and criminal activities such as drug deals or assassination attempts, lending a negative light on its reputation.

This has also earned the ire of government officials and financial regulators who are having a hard time monitoring the activity in this industry. Many have made an effort to understand how the bitcoin ecosystem works while others dismissed the cryptocurrency as illegal.

The volatility in prices has also made it difficult for most people to accept bitcoin as a regular means of payment. You need it to be accessible, you need it to be usable and you need it to be relatively stable,” says Jonathan Chester, founder and CEO of Bitwage.

“We need to work on how do we bring people in and how do we capture the mainstream audience,” said Connie Gallippi of Bitcoin Foundation. She believes that the concept has to be made less complicated in order to capture the interest and trust of the general public.

As of now, three out of four Americans haven’t even heard of the six-year-old digital cash, a study conducted by the research firm GfK and The Street recently revealed.

Source: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/06/12/major-challenges-facing-bitcoin-adoption/

Most of us wish Bitcoin is doing better. Without good leadership and strong commitment of the community mass acceptance of Bitcoin will remain challenging.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 10:51:38 PM

Hello Friends, I'm new here. next 2 weeks will dedicate my presence here just to study. I'm Israeli journalist and poet. know: there is a lot to study about this amazing field of digital currencies

Welcome to DNotes matatyau-cohen, might I suggest DNotes Educational Guide as a launching point to give yourself a quick overview of the industry before proceeding with in depth analysis.

You can find the original concept on Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tool.DNotesEDU&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Ddnotes+educational+guide&pcampaignid=APPU_1_JrJ8VdCFIoHUgwTbtpiYBQ

Or try it in any browser at Fire Fighters for Digital Currency and Veterans for Digital Currency
http://v4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html
http://ff4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html

Version 2 is launching very soon, which will include more features and a cleaner appearance.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:36:49 AM

My suggestion for the following story is to take what little fiat they have left and buy DNotes.  Or they could sell their 100 Trillion Dollar bills (as a novelty item) for Dnotes.  Wink

ZIMBABWEAN DOLLAR NOW COLLAPSES, WHAT DIRECTION SHOULD THEY GO?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/zimbabwean-dollar-now-collapses-direction-go/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:17:06 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 03:54:08 AM by wiser

My suggestion for the following story is to take what little fiat they have left and buy DNotes.  Or they could sell their 100 Trillion Dollar bills (as a novelty item) for Dnotes.  Wink

Mining Bitcoin doesn't sound like a good option for them, but considering what their national currency is worth (100 trillion Zimbabwe Dollars = 40 cents in US Dollars), encouraging everyone with either a smart phone or any other kind of Internet access to collect Bitcoin from faucets might actually do some good.

They could either trade those Bitcoins for DNotes and hold onto them for the future, or they could sell the Bitcoin for US Dollars using Coinbase or similar, or they could keep them as Bitcoin and grow them by lending to margin traders on Poloniex.

Some relevant links with more details on either option:

My faucet retirement thread on CryptoMoms
My blog thread on CryptoMoms
Overview of guides on CryptoMoms

Now, to get the word out to people in Zimbabwe. I don't know anyone over there...

EDIT: At this point they'd be getting a better deal to sell their Zimbabwe Dollars on eBay rather than trade them in at the bank.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 03:17:38 AM

My suggestion for the following story is to take what little fiat they have left and buy DNotes.  Or they could sell their 100 Trillion Dollar bills (as a novelty item) for Dnotes.  Wink

Wow... "The RBZ said customers who still have stashes of old Zimbabwean dollar notes can walk into any bank and get $1 for every 250 trillion they hold. "

Adopting a global digital currency does seem like the way to go.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:46:31 AM

I agree They really need to do something and I don't want to get into a political argument here but they need new leadership for one thing, then a ton of DNOTES.. Cheesy

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 06:08:39 AM

Welcome matatyau-cohen! Thank you for joining us. Look forward to it.

Welcome Smiley

Welcome, matatyau-cohen! Yeh, scramble on board: they're fascinating.

Mark (IndaiMikeZuu), Australia
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:11:14 PM

There will be many remaining fiat currencies and dozens of digital currencies a generation from now. But imagine how much better our world would be if among them there is one stable, trustworthy global digital currency that treats everyone equally. Equal value for all without the need of intermediary or the oversight of any central authority or verification of personal data. That is what I mean in suggesting that digital currency will have staggering world changing implications. That is what DNotes is striving for; one stable trustworthy digital currency for all. The whole world is ready and desperately in need of such a currency. Sadly our political leaders are not.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 02:02:58 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114557/dnotes-will-be-known-as-the-currency-with-a-purpose

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

My suggestion for the following story is to take what little fiat they have left and buy DNotes.  Or they could sell their 100 Trillion Dollar bills (as a novelty item) for Dnotes.  Wink

There will be many remaining fiat currencies and dozens of digital currencies a generation from now. But imagine how much better our world would be if among them there is one stable, trustworthy global digital currency that treats everyone equally. Equal value for all without the need of intermediary or the oversight of any central authority or verification of personal data. That is what I mean in suggesting that digital currency will have staggering world changing implications. That is what DNotes is striving for; one stable trustworthy digital currency for all. The whole world is ready and desperately in need of such a currency. Sadly our political leaders are not.

Exactly! Digital currencies will reflect an important cultural change, from not just being 'money' with a picture of a long-dead president, or queen on it, to having that content represented by an image, contract... anything. This will make an allowance, and need for many digital currencies, but at least one will definitely be required to facilitate global commerce without need for political borders. The interesting thing about that, is during times of political turmoil and/or inflation, people can move their assets to DNotes, which has a globally supported value; the troubles of one country will not cause significant volatility for a global digital currency. I also thing that given the argument for 'fiat' is that they are more stable due to massive market caps (likened to being gigantic ships in the sea, unaffected by the waves and Bitcoin being a tiny raft that gets thrown around), then given a global currency could have a much larger market cap if it were used anywhere in the world, I could foresee even greater stability in the long-term. Governments would be powerless to stop the spending of digital currencies even if they wanted to, however they could create severe penalties for people caught using exchanges to purchase it. I think nation states like Zimbabwe may worry that, if their currency began to have stability issues, then more people would change their wealth to digital currency, which would only compound the rate that the nation's unit of money was dumped on the market.

It is very true that the whole world is in need of a Digital Currency for global commerce like DNotes that would insulate developing nations from currency crisis, and established ones from risky monetary policy. I personally think the world needs much less centralized control, in particular, for currency, but have known that political leaders were never ready for it and would make life difficult. I sat there with my friends thinking about how to 'free money' from political prison for years, without ever knowing what digital currency was. After learning about crypto, I saw all of them as just a money making opportunity to do as a 'hobby', where I'd one day sell them for dollars. Almost every Altcoin was just relying on a small market of people who wanted to keep their financial activity 'anonymous', or enjoy the novelty of 'value' that was not controlled by any central entity. Not one stated it's goal was to become the dominant global medium for payment processing! The most amazing thing about DNotes though, is that the team have set out to achieve the same thing that I said I supported, but never had any concept how to achieve, let alone begin going about!

Awesome work Smiley glad to be part! It is awesome to see DNotes having news written on it, excellent job to the Author and Alan Yong. The DNotes entity and mindset is going places.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 06:37:21 PM

Exactly! Digital currencies will reflect an important cultural change, from not just being 'money' with a picture of a long-dead president, or queen on it, to having that content represented by an image, contract... anything. This will make an allowance, and need for many digital currencies, but at least one will definitely be required to facilitate global commerce without need for political borders. The interesting thing about that, is during times of political turmoil and/or inflation, people can move their assets to DNotes, which has a globally supported value; the troubles of one country will not cause significant volatility for a global digital currency. I also thing that given the argument for 'fiat' is that they are more stable due to massive market caps (likened to being gigantic ships in the sea, unaffected by the waves and Bitcoin being a tiny raft that gets thrown around), then given a global currency could have a much larger market cap if it were used anywhere in the world, I could foresee even greater stability in the long-term. Governments would be powerless to stop the spending of digital currencies even if they wanted to, however they could create severe penalties for people caught using exchanges to purchase it. I think nation states like Zimbabwe may worry that, if their currency began to have stability issues, then more people would change their wealth to digital currency, which would only compound the rate that the nation's unit of money was dumped on the market.

It is very true that the whole world is in need of a Digital Currency for global commerce like DNotes that would insulate developing nations from currency crisis, and established ones from risky monetary policy. I personally think the world needs much less centralized control, in particular, for currency, but have known that political leaders were never ready for it and would make life difficult. I sat there with my friends thinking about how to 'free money' from political prison for years, without ever knowing what digital currency was. After learning about crypto, I saw all of them as just a money making opportunity to do as a 'hobby', where I'd one day sell them for dollars. Almost every Altcoin was just relying on a small market of people who wanted to keep their financial activity 'anonymous', or enjoy the novelty of 'value' that was not controlled by any central entity. Not one stated it's goal was to become the dominant global medium for payment processing! The most amazing thing about DNotes though, is that the team have set out to achieve the same thing that I said I supported, but never had any concept how to achieve, let alone begin going about!

Awesome work Smiley glad to be part! It is awesome to see DNotes having news written on it, excellent job to the Author and Alan Yong. The DNotes entity and mindset is going places.

Thanks TeeGee, you are correct, DNotes was created to be a global digital currency. We have dedicated ourselves to nurture DNotes and help it along as it grows, and our efforts and development is focused on becoming that global digital currency.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:16:57 PM

"DNotes will be known as the currency with a purpose"

Has a nice ring to it, don't ya think? Nice job on the interview.

Everything ties together very well and you can see where DNotes is headed.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:21:14 AM

‘DNotes Will Be Known as the Currency with a Purpose’

"...how could I hand over my life savings, if no one could be held responsible or would stand by it to give me the confidence that it is in good hands? To me, it is hard-earned money no matter what you call it; commodity, property, or virtual currency of no intrinsic value. These I believe are the serious problems confronting our industry, keeping it from gaining traction towards mainstream acceptance." 

The comment above is so true and yet how many cryptocurrencies even recognize it as a problem?

What a fantastic interview, Alan.  Congratulations.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:53:31 AM

"...how could I hand over my life savings, if no one could be held responsible or would stand by it to give me the confidence that it is in good hands? To me, it is hard-earned money no matter what you call it; commodity, property, or virtual currency of no intrinsic value. These I believe are the serious problems confronting our industry, keeping it from gaining traction towards mainstream acceptance." 

The comment above is so true and yet how many cryptocurrencies even recognize it as a problem?

Thanks, Chase. That was a good interview. I just expressed myself exactly how I felt about it.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:57:04 AM

From CryptoMoms' Forum:

Quote from: indiamikezulu on Today at 01:17:58 AM
Angel in The House Escapes. Banksters Lobby Congress
Daily Bugle

Part One

You may have noticed that I have several times mentioned not treading on toes. Different crypto communities have very different – ahem . . . mutually exclusive – views on appropriate development paths.*

Does anyone here know the phrase ‘angel in the house’? It came from a time when the child-rearing environment – ‘home’ – had a truly minimal ‘financial interface’ with the outside world.

Presently, though, you practically need a whip and a chair to keep the world from both your physical and Internet front doors.

Now here’s the bit where I have to not tread on toes:

I am not a ‘hybridist,’ a krypto geek happy to see cryptos integrated into the existing banking system.

Rather, let the banksters be cut from the equation. Let us construct at the kitchen tables of the planet a crypto banking-system of our own (and I note that Dnotes would be a fine instrument in either model).

Such a crypto network could handle our ‘formal financial’ activities, our barter, our charity donations, our ownership-deed storage. National electoral systems can be on blockchains. (Mexico is considering it already.) Blockchains can be used to collect taxes. (Mexico ditto.)**

*Really really different paths. PM me if you care to.
**I have no respect for a bunch of these things, but that’s a discourse for a different day.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

"Rather, let the banksters be cut from the equation. Let us construct at the kitchen tables of the planet a crypto banking-system of our own (and I note that Dnotes would be a fine instrument in either model)."

Quote from Shepherd
Today 6-14-2015:

I hear you Mark. It reminds me of DNotes at its beginning. "In addition to business, I also have a background in behavioral science and it did not take me long to conclude that the industry has already developed a culture of its own. It is a culture of self-destruction, high stress, and blatant disrespect for other’s properties and human emotion. I had never seen any business that had a chance of survival in that kind of hostile environment. No wonder the male population has dominated it by a ratio of 95 to 5, male to female."  (Cointelegraph interview of Alan Yong, today 6-14-2015)

There may be something to be learned here. We can respectfully create a new financial service model where the more progressive bankers can join us. Any individual, bank, state or nation can create a token, coin or digital currency and use it as a "transfer vehicle" to transfer and store digital asset or property. Many will be doing just that. Despite that we strongly believe that DNotes can be the global digital currency for everyone.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:07:45 AM

Thanks, Chase. That was a good interview. I just expressed myself exactly how I felt about it.

That's a fantastic article!

I've noted what you call the culture of destruction in the cryptosphere--experienced it more than once--but never could put my finger on it until after several months of being involved with DNotes and noting its absence. This "culture" is actually a serious liability for many otherwise promising altcoins.

I appreciate how DNotes is positioned to welcome and work with everyone and not label anyone as "bad guys." It may be a bit challenging to those inclined to conspiracy theories (ahem!), but in the end it's a far better mentality.

Great job!
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 04:17:40 AM

Way to go Alan! Nice job on that, says it all...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: