Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 12:53:24 PM

Here is an interesting letter I found in my mail box this morning I thought worth sharing.

Well .. One more purpose of DNotes is to provide equal currency protection to everyone around the world. Think about. That is very significant. DNotes is still at its infancy. At this point, we are all guardians of DNotes. We just need to ensure that this "infant" grows up with a great sense of purpose and committed to become a global solution. That is a worthy mission I am willing to work hard to help accomplish.

International Quantum Exchange for Innovation    

21 June 2015

Dear Alan

Massive Bank Runs May Force Grexit: Another Lehman?

Having spoken to a number of top bankers and financiers across Europe in the last 24 hours, the situation is extremely grave in regard to Greece and the Eurozone.

One hundred and one years after the start of the First World War, as Europe may get sucked into the financial equivalent of that war, the following salient points are worth noting:

1. The fragile Greek banking system has been irreparably damaged by the recent bank runs in Greece which have been colossal and measured in billions of euros per week in an accelerating spiral for the last few weeks.

2. All banking hinges on account holders' confidence. No matter how solid a bank is, it will be unable to sustain most large depositors removing their deposits simultaneously. This is what is happening to all Greek banks which is a near impossible situation to control.

3. Events are now marching way ahead of the politicians' abilities and negotiations. Those who think they are the masters and commanders of Greece's destiny in Athens, Brussels, Frankfurt, Washington DC and Moscow are soon going to play second fiddle to the haemorrhaging Greek banking system in regard to which confidence has been mostly lost.

4. The amount of money in the vicinity of a few billion euros that the European Central Bank (ECB) has already pumped in and is willing to extend further to the Greek central bank to sustain the run on Greek banks is now insufficient in comparison to the money required to maintain unrestricted and unencumbered confidence in the failing Greek financial system.

5. With the net result that come next week, any combination of three draconian measures are likely to be announced by the Greek central bank and the Greek government:

Bank holiday(s) to stop the bank runs;
Capital controls to ensure that Greek citizens and entities don't remit further funds abroad above an acceptable narrow limit;
Recapitalisation of Greek banks by doing a Cyprus style bail-in, i.e. by raiding the deposits of account holders to shore up the capital adequacy of Greek banks.

6. Once a, b and/or c of point 5. are executed, the Greek exit is neither here nor there. It is a fait accompli because Greece will be paralysed and a quasi-Grexit will have happened automatically thanks to the Greek citizens having voted by switching their money from Greek banks to overseas banks.

7. The contagion may then spread into the European bond markets and also into the confidence associated with the single European currency and both may plunge significantly as ECB's Target2 ends up with a hole in its chest. Target2 is the real-time gross settlement (RTGS) system owned and operated by the Eurosystem. Payment transactions are settled one by one on a continuous basis in central bank money with immediate finality. There is no upper or lower limit on the value of payments. The Greek crisis will render Target2 into no man's land and therefore in uncharted waters.

8. At that point, we may be a short hop and skip away from a full blown Greek exit and that is simply because the Greek banking system will have de facto collapsed post a European Lehman-style event over which the politicians will have little or no control left.

9. As our organisation ATCA 5000 predicted many years ago, alongside other eminent think-tanks, the Greek situation within the euro could become unsustainable at some point and also the single currency itself would come under heavy pressure to splinter after departures from within its club.

10. To make matters even more complicated, there appears to be no mechanism to leave the Eurozone without exiting from the European Union.

11. The bigger issue going forward is the broad-brush destabilisation the Greek departure from Europe's single currency may inflict on the stability of the European Union, the Eurozone and the global banking and financial system. It remains to be seen how big the contagion and chaos might be, although it is certain that there will be some mission critical fallout from this unfolding Greek crisis.

[ENDS]

Yours sincerely

DK Matai

Source: www.ATCA5000.com

Interesting. Lots of "gloom and doom" in there but, lots of truth also. If the domino falls in the right direction, all the dominos fall after it. When considering the Euro financial system in terms of human behaviour, it would seem that something like this is inevitable. People have an identity and, identify and belong to groups who's attributes define that particular group in a manor that pleases them. One of these is national identity.

We say we are Americans, or Brits, or Canadians or Greeks etc, because we have constructed a group, a country, of like minded individuals with like minded goals and values. This allows us to further our cause move, as a group, to improve the human condition within our "country". And, lets face it, enrich ourselves.

There are many things that hold our "group" together. One of the biggest "glues" in this construct is money. Without it, everything falls apart. So, we identify very strongly with our money, on a personal and national level. And this is why the Euro Zone is doomed to fail eventually.

For example, the Greek people have never embraced the Euro. Even when the Drachma was almost worthless, the Drachma was THEIR currency not the Euro. Prior to the Euro, the Netherlands had the Guilder (Gulden) and a large percentage of the country wants it back.    

And so it goes with many old world Euro countries, not all, but enough to keep this crisis on the front page.

So where does digital currency fit in? Simple, no banks, no barricades and the chance to identify with a currency they can call their own again as in the case of Guldencoin, a national crypto in the Netherlands. I realize not all countries have national cryptos and, many have failed but, that can change. Individual political groups will create what they think will be successful but, this is a double edge sword. As we all know, it won't be one new currency but many, many entries which will dilute the field and most likely cause none of the new coins to prosper.

So where does that leave DNotes in all this coming mess? Well, NOTE is positioned very well to be a "base", a store of value people can use to get out of the traditional banking systems and preserve their wealth during the coming financial storm. A lifeboat if you will,
where no one can "appropriate" their funds to prop up the government. While I realize other cryptos can do this as well, there are several reasons why DNotes fits the bill:

1. Stability. The lack of which they are running from in the first place.

2. Cost of entry is low. There is a perception among us humans that owning 10000 of something worth 1 dollar is better than owning 1 of something worth 10000 dollars. This applies to currency especially. If one Bitcoin doubles in value , you have $500 worth of Bitcoins at todays prices but, you still have only 2 Bitcoins worth. If 10000 DNotes doubles in value, you have $300 at todays prices but you have 20000  DNotes worth and the potential for that to far out shadow those 2 Bitcoins is almost a certainty if crypto as a group continues to thrive. Our subconscious mind is always in control.

3. Self stewardship. DNotes is it's people, it's holders, developers, investors and speculators. It is the digital currency of the people where every voice has weight and everyone has a say.

Just my thoughts on the matter...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 01:25:26 PM

Happy Fathers day all!

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:38:52 PM

Here is an interesting letter I found in my mail box this morning I thought worth sharing.

Well .. One more purpose of DNotes is to provide equal currency protection to everyone around the world. Think about. That is very significant. DNotes is still at its infancy. At this point, we are all guardians of DNotes. We just need to ensure that this "infant" grows up with a great sense of purpose and committed to become a global solution. That is a worthy mission I am willing to work hard to help accomplish.

21 June 2015

Dear Alan

Having spoken to a number of top bankers and financiers across Europe in the last 24 hours, the situation is extremely grave in regard to Greece and the Eurozone.

One hundred and one years after the start of the First World War, as Europe may get sucked into the financial equivalent of that war, the following salient points are worth noting:

1. The fragile Greek banking system has been irreparably damaged by the recent bank runs in Greece which have been colossal and measured in billions of euros per week in an accelerating spiral for the last few weeks.

2. All banking hinges on account holders' confidence. No matter how solid a bank is, it will be unable to sustain most large depositors removing their deposits simultaneously. This is what is happening to all Greek banks which is a near impossible situation to control.

3. Events are now marching way ahead of the politicians' abilities and negotiations. Those who think they are the masters and commanders of Greece's destiny in Athens, Brussels, Frankfurt, Washington DC and Moscow are soon going to play second fiddle to the haemorrhaging Greek banking system in regard to which confidence has been mostly lost.

4. The amount of money in the vicinity of a few billion euros that the European Central Bank (ECB) has already pumped in and is willing to extend further to the Greek central bank to sustain the run on Greek banks is now insufficient in comparison to the money required to maintain unrestricted and unencumbered confidence in the failing Greek financial system.

5. With the net result that come next week, any combination of three draconian measures are likely to be announced by the Greek central bank and the Greek government:

Capital controls to ensure that Greek citizens and entities don't remit further funds abroad above an acceptable narrow limit;
Recapitalisation of Greek banks by doing a Cyprus style bail-in, i.e. by raiding the deposits of account holders to shore up the capital adequacy of Greek banks.

6. Once a, b and/or c of point 5. are executed, the Greek exit is neither here nor there. It is a fait accompli because Greece will be paralysed and a quasi-Grexit will have happened automatically thanks to the Greek citizens having voted by switching their money from Greek banks to overseas banks.

7. The contagion may then spread into the European bond markets and also into the confidence associated with the single European currency and both may plunge significantly as ECB's Target2 ends up with a hole in its chest. Target2 is the real-time gross settlement (RTGS) system owned and operated by the Eurosystem. Payment transactions are settled one by one on a continuous basis in central bank money with immediate finality. There is no upper or lower limit on the value of payments. The Greek crisis will render Target2 into no man's land and therefore in uncharted waters.

8. At that point, we may be a short hop and skip away from a full blown Greek exit and that is simply because the Greek banking system will have de facto collapsed post a European Lehman-style event over which the politicians will have little or no control left.

9. As our organisation ATCA 5000 predicted many years ago, alongside other eminent think-tanks, the Greek situation within the euro could become unsustainable at some point and also the single currency itself would come under heavy pressure to splinter after departures from within its club.

10. To make matters even more complicated, there appears to be no mechanism to leave the Eurozone without exiting from the European Union.

11. The bigger issue going forward is the broad-brush destabilisation the Greek departure from Europe's single currency may inflict on the stability of the European Union, the Eurozone and the global banking and financial system. It remains to be seen how big the contagion and chaos might be, although it is certain that there will be some mission critical fallout from this unfolding Greek crisis.

[ENDS]

Yours sincerely

DK Matai

Interesting. Lots of "gloom and doom" in there but, lots of truth also. If the domino falls in the right direction, all the dominos fall after it. When considering the Euro financial system in terms of human behaviour, it would seem that something like this is inevitable. People have an identity and, identify and belong to groups who's attributes define that particular group in a manor that pleases them. One of these is national identity.

We say we are Americans, or Brits, or Canadians or Greeks etc, because we have constructed a group, a country, of like minded individuals with like minded goals and values. This allows us to further our cause move, as a group, to improve the human condition within our "country". And, lets face it, enrich ourselves.

There are many things that hold our "group" together. One of the biggest "glues" in this construct is money. Without it, everything falls apart. So, we identify very strongly with our money, on a personal and national level. And this is why the Euro Zone is doomed to fail eventually.

For example, the Greek people have never embraced the Euro. Even when the Drachma was almost worthless, the Drachma was THEIR currency not the Euro. Prior to the Euro, the Netherlands had the Guilder (Gulden) and a large percentage of the country wants it back.    

And so it goes with many old world Euro countries, not all, but enough to keep this crisis on the front page.

So where does digital currency fit in? Simple, no banks, no barricades and the chance to identify with a currency they can call their own again as in the case of Guldencoin, a national crypto in the Netherlands. I realize not all countries have national cryptos and, many have failed but, that can change. Individual political groups will create what they think will be successful but, this is a double edge sword. As we all know, it won't be one new currency but many, many entries which will dilute the field and most likely cause none of the new coins to prosper.

So where does that leave DNotes in all this coming mess? Well, NOTE is positioned very well to be a "base", a store of value people can use to get out of the traditional banking systems and preserve their wealth during the coming financial storm. A lifeboat if you will,
where no one can "appropriate" their funds to prop up the government. While I realize other cryptos can do this as well, there are several reasons why DNotes fits the bill:

1. Stability. The lack of which they are running from in the first place.

2. Cost of entry is low. There is a perception among us humans that owning 10000 of something worth 1 dollar is better than owning 1 of something worth 10000 dollars. This applies to currency especially. If one Bitcoin doubles in value , you have $500 worth of Bitcoins at todays prices but, you still have only 2 Bitcoins worth. If 10000 DNotes doubles in value, you have $300 at todays prices but you have 20000  DNotes worth and the potential for that to far out shadow those 2 Bitcoins is almost a certainty if crypto as a group continues to thrive. Our subconscious mind is always in control.

3. Self stewardship. DNotes is it's people, it's holders, developers, investors and speculators. It is the digital currency of the people where every voice has weight and everyone has a say.

Just my thoughts on the matter...

Excellent points, RJF. DNotes is very well positioned. There will be many other digital currencies. Some will be quite successful. It may take generations to reach that point, but DNotes is positioned to be the global digital currency for everyone.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 01:39:45 PM

21 June 2015

Dear Alan

One hundred and one years after the start of the First World War, as Europe may get sucked into the financial equivalent of that war, the following salient points are worth noting...

I think we're going to see more of this, and when all the "smaller" currencies have devalued due to loss of confidence, the Dollar may also become vulnerable. It tends to be the way of fiat currencies which have gotten inflated. It may take years or centuries, but at some point, unbacked fiat currencies do eventually hit a point where they lose value more quickly than people's ability to earn them.

Since I know many people on this thread own a lot of DNotes... and DNotes is actually going somewhere...

I recently read this amazingly thought provoking book called Return to Order by John Horvat. It gets really philosophical about how society is and should be fundamentally ordered to bring the most good to people. Many might disagree with the premises and conclusions but it is very well researched and thought out and for that reason, well worth the read. I promise that despite the subtitle it is not preachy, just heartfelt.

Just thought I'd share a treasure that I've been pondering since I read it a month or so ago. DNotes book club, anyone?

Thanks for the share Wiser. I'll add it to my list, definitely sounds interesting.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:39:59 PM

Happy Fathers day all!

Yes!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:41:40 PM

Happy Fathers day all!

Oops! I forgot. Happy Fathers Day to Dads around the world!!
matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:05:35 PM

This is unlikely that Germany wont make a deep intervene in the Bankruptcy of the greek central bank. The euro currency was launched on Jan 99 (only 10 years before bitcoin) so it is a new currency that still need to be accepted on cultural (and financial) manners. so the need to pull up greek from depths - is not a question of a favor or good will - and it is not depending on the will of the German people but it is connected deeply with the existence of the euro, so I guess that the German leaders - thru the european central bank - will take soon a deep step, before their people try to prevent any deep and significant assistance to greek

21 June 2015

Dear Alan

[ENDS]

Yours sincerely

DK Matai

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 07:14:28 PM

This is unlikely that Germany wont make a deep intervene in the Bankruptcy of the greek central bank. The euro currency was launched on Jan 99 (only 10 years before bitcoin) so it is a new currency that still need to be accepted on cultural (and financial) manners. so the need to pull up greek from depths - is not a question of a favor or good will - and it is not depending on the will of the German people but it is connected deeply with the existence of the euro, so I guess that the German leaders - thru the european central bank - will take soon a deep step, before their people try to prevent any deep and significant assistance to greek

Perhaps and perhaps not. Germany seems to be ok with a Greek exit from the Euro:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/merkel-and-germany-open-to-possible-greek-euro-zone-exit-a-1011277.html

http://www.biznews.com/global-investing/2015/01/12/can-germany-save-greece-euro/

This is going to be interesting, and painful,  to watch...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:28:07 PM

Perhaps and perhaps not. Germany seems to be ok with a Greek exit from the Euro:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/merkel-and-germany-open-to-possible-greek-euro-zone-exit-a-1011277.html

http://www.biznews.com/global-investing/2015/01/12/can-germany-save-greece-euro/

This is going to interesting to watch...

I certainly hope that matatyau-cohen is correct. It is looking quite troubling.
Greede

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:29:51 PM

Yes very troubling, happy fathers day anyway
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 08:26:41 PM

Welcome to the DNotes thread Greede! Happy fathers day

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:27:26 PM

Welcome to DNotes, Greede. Thanks for joining us. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or anything we can be helpful. Happy Fathers Day!
Greede

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:33:40 PM

Welcome to DNotes, Greede. Thanks for joining us. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or anything we can be helpful. Happy Fathers Day!

thank you for the welcome, I look forward to hanging out. this has been a great investment so far
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:00:48 PM

Don't get me wrong. I love Bitcoin and totally impressed and appreciative of what the creator Satoshi Nakamoto has accomplished. The very simple concept of verifiable distributed public ledger and the built-in consensus technologies is indeed a stroke of a genius. Technologies always evolve and get better. Bitcoin is no exception. However, as a technology, it is close to perfect. The short-falls are the bi-product of the human factors and it has negatively affected Bitcoin - the currency.

Got to admit that the title "... Bitcoins Shortfalls" has caught a lot of attention. Below is just another one I came across.

http://troyozbits.com/2015/06/18/dnotes-alan-yong-speaks-at-silicon-dragon-regarding-bitcoins-shortfalls/

DNotes Alan Yong Speaks at Silicon Dragon Regarding Bitcoins Shortfalls
Posted on June 18, 2015

While Bitcoin is without a doubt the most used cryptocurrency and we would not be here without it, who says Bitcoin is to reign supreme forever? While most cryptocurrencies accept Bitcoin as a perfect solution, there are exceptions. Take, for example, DNotes, who will be giving a presentation on just that: the shortfalls of Bitcoin.

Bitcoins underlying technology has caused a disruption in many sectors of work, with ripple effects still a common occurrence thanks to the potential that trustless transactions and the blockchain have on so many different industries.

‘Bitcoin has correctly been credited as the most disruptive technology in the monetary system since the debit card.’
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:19:33 AM

Don't get me wrong. I love Bitcoin and totally impressed and appreciative of what the creator Satoshi Nakamoto has accomplished. The very simple concept of verifiable distributed public ledger and the built-in consensus technologies is indeed a stroke of a genius. Technologies always evolve and get better. Bitcoin is no exception. However, as a technology, it is close to perfect. The short-falls are the bi-product of the human factors and it has negatively affected Bitcoin - the currency.

Got to admit that the title "... Bitcoins Shortfalls" has caught a lot of attention. Below is just another one I came across.

http://troyozbits.com/2015/06/18/dnotes-alan-yong-speaks-at-silicon-dragon-regarding-bitcoins-shortfalls/

Posted on June 18, 2015

While Bitcoin is without a doubt the most used cryptocurrency and we would not be here without it, who says Bitcoin is to reign supreme forever? While most cryptocurrencies accept Bitcoin as a perfect solution, there are exceptions. Take, for example, DNotes, who will be giving a presentation on just that: the shortfalls of Bitcoin.

Bitcoins underlying technology has caused a disruption in many sectors of work, with ripple effects still a common occurrence thanks to the potential that trustless transactions and the blockchain have on so many different industries.

‘Bitcoin has correctly been credited as the most disruptive technology in the monetary system since the debit card.’

"Got to admit that the title "... Bitcoins Shortfalls" has caught a lot of attention."

I bet it has!  Everyone will be listening to the person that can offer an alternative to those shortfalls. Wink

Good luck tomorrow at NASDAQ!!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:30:46 AM

Posted on June 18, 2015

"Got to admit that the title "... Bitcoins Shortfalls" has caught a lot of attention."

I bet it has!  Everyone will be listening to the person that can offer an alternative to those shortfalls. Wink

Thanks, Chase. Bitcoin's shortfalls are not easy to over come. As a second mover DNotes has the advantage of knowing what the pioneer's pitfalls are and avoided them by taking a different path, hence a better alternative.
cojack

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:24:08 AM

DNotes Educational Guide Version 2 is officially launched on Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cojack.dnedu

Whether you are a beginner or expert with Digital Currency, DNotes Educational Guide will teach you everything you need to know about Digital Currency.

Save time and effort with this easy to use guide on Digital Currency. Why waste countless hours sorting through potentially misleading information, when our industry professionals who wrote this guide have spent thousands of hours doing it for you. It features a continually expanding database of how to guides, terms and definitions, and quiz to test your knowlege.

Although we have plans in place to generate revenue, our services will always remain free to our users. All proceeds from DNotes Educational Guide go to:
Fire Fighters for Digital Currency (FF4DC) - www.firefightersfordigitalcurrency.com www.ff4dc.com
and
Veterans for Digital Currency (V4DC) - www.veteransfordigitalcurrency.com www.v4dc.com

Watch preview on YouTube:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hHVM5qCRiAY&feature=youtu.be

Show your support on the new Bitcointalk thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1094490.new#new

Connect with DNotes Educational Guide through Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/DNotesEDU
Twitter - https://twitter.com/dnotesedu
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UColbi5N4tCOUfMEC4uMjEDw

Version 2 Lead Developer was Bitcointalk user "cojack"

Excellent job guys! Really like the new look.

Wow. Amazing work. Contragulations for a job very well done!!!.

Thank you Dyna and DNotes, I look forward to continuing development on DNotes Educational Guide. I have a few new features that I'd like to implement in the near future.

Good news everyone! DNotes Educational Guide is now available as an HTML5 application at http://ff4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html
If you would like to embed this app on your website or blog, copy and paste the following code:
Code:
<iframe width="450" height="800" scrolling="no" src="http://ff4dc.com/dnedu2/index.html"></iframe>
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:29:29 AM

Posted on June 18, 2015

I second that! I hope everything with NASDAQ goes exceedingly well tomorrow Smiley
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:19:37 AM

Posted on June 18, 2015

I second that! I hope everything with NASDAQ goes exceedingly well tomorrow Smiley

Thanks, Wiser. It is looking good.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:39:33 AM

Best of luck DYNA,

I really hope the NASDAQ talk will have a video posted online, what a huge opportunity to be able to talk at NASDAQ! Alan has many years of experience with these types of things so its no wonder they chose him to speak on behalf of DNotes and the rest of the crypto industry.

I personally see no long-term alternative but for Greece to leave the Euro-zone. Currently their export industries are taking a beating, and Greece's local currency is far higher in value than where a floating national currency would sit. Having their own currency would allow their currency to devalue. The main problem I can see with them leaving the Euro though, is that the general public are not stupid. There will be massive bank runs the moment Greece announces that they will adopt a new local currency. People will have little faith that the new currency will hold much value, and they also know that the Greek government would hope this new currency would be worth much less than the Euro currently is to help exports / balance of trade deficits (1.5 billion monthly). Greek citizens would simply empty their Greek bank accounts, and send the money to another Euro bank based in another country to protect the value of their bank deposits until the new currency is implemented and its value settled. If everybody does this... then Greece simply won't leave the Euro.

Enter Digital Currency / DNotes? In a couple years, it may be a serious alternative to be the pressure valve necessary where Greeks could hold some of their wealth in DNotes, which could be spent anywhere in Europe, or worldwide. I'm having a good think about what would likely happen in a scenario where 5% of the European economy was crypto, and the particular effects it would have on Greece. I may need to return to the topic after my last exam is over for the semester this Friday (Have still been reading away - some very substantial content posted about regulations. Well done!).

Greede: Welcome! DNotes has worked out as a great investment! DNotes is the only crypto I've owned where I don't feel like I need to check its value daily. DNotes is going places, just look at all the rich news content in mainstream media DNotes has been getting! There remain many opportunities for anybody, no matter who they are, to come and join the community, or take a chance to improve their financial future, and the worlds through adoption.

Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: