Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:39:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 28nm ** 1T ** 900W【JingTian miner】 in production !!!  (Read 26239 times)
skyfromwell

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:25:26 AM

My system in the home finally was up!

So let me do a review here and from an objective QA view.

1. First of all, I totally understand CK's confusion. Because I used to be an electrician in US, and I have no problems to hook up many things.
But when I first saw the system with the cables, I am kind of in the blank too. LOL.

So if we ship to home miners instead of mining facilities, then we need to improve on this:

a. Should have no need to hook the system by miners themselves. Even though it is simple as Black (V+), Red (V-). We need to make a KNC style socket for this, so miners can just simply plug in.

b. Need a part check list. Because the one I got missing two power cables and also one screw in the power unit is missing (and it is TOUGH to find a replace one in USA, can you believe?). So a small package with few extra screws will be fine.

then others are pretty cool.

1. Plug in the cable then DHCP will assign an IP to the miner. But you need to check your DHCP server to see which IP it got. If you in a link sys, you probably need to go to DHCP client table to find out what IP you got. So we need to improve on this.

2. Then change your bit coin address in run.sh.

3. sudo ./run.sh &

The system is running and on good shape.

About noise, it has some noise but not as noise as your kitchen fan.

In the same room you can hear as a PC making noise, but close the door, you barely hear anything.

I put a Youtube video for you to watch.

And also the mining link (it will take down with 1 hour and put it up in my San Jose office.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GWZaPfPqNA

This is for mining.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1HkrbUqFNk998DBJFxuKaektKjPT1LHrLt

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skyfromwell

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:17:07 AM

shut down now and move to San Jose.
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:43:42 AM

I have been in contact with skyfromwell and seeksilence for a few weeks now.

They have been very evasive on disclosing chips, pcb, and now even an evaluation unit.   Every single time a question came up...they have been very evasive.

And those answers actually led to more questions.

Here is my take:

From the sounds of it and the 1 on 1 dialogue with skyfromwell and seeksilence on QQ.

They probably have stolen or infringed on the Bitmine 28nm chip IP.   The demo unit they told me they would send 7 days ago has not arrived.   They came back and asked for $6000 USD.

If I am to be a distributor of their product I am not dropping $6000 on a unit that is worth $3000.

I work in the chip packaging industry as well...stuff like stealing chip IP happens a lot in China.

While, I do not doubt they do have a working miner, I would advise great caution until a trusted Bitcointalk member can verify they are running an entirely legitimate business.

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja

skyfromwell

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:34:27 AM

They have been very evasive on disclosing chips, pcb, and now even an evaluation unit.   Every single time a question came up...they have been very evasive.

Here is my take:

From the sounds of it and the 1 on 1 dialogue with skyfromwell and seeksilence on QQ.

They probably have stolen or infringed on the Bitmine 28nm chip IP.   The demo unit they told me they would send 7 days ago has not arrived.   They came back and asked for $6000 USD.

If I am to be a distributor of their product I am not dropping $6000 on a unit that is worth $3000.

I work in the chip packaging industry as well...stuff like stealing chip IP happens a lot in China.

While, I do not doubt they do have a working miner, I would advise great caution until a trusted Bitcointalk member can verify they are running an entirely legitimate business.

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja

Sour grapes. LOL.

I don't sell my system for $3K. Period.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:59:53 AM

Here is my take:

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja

I think thats already been resolved.

I've had official confirmation from bitmine directly that, while they do have ongoing dispute with a Chinese company, that I am free to develop for this device without fear of legal recourse provided the driver does not use the bitmine or coincraft name to reference any aspect of these devices or drivers. They have also said they will only release an official statement once the issue has been resolved. While this more or less confirms my own suspicions with respect to what's going on, I don't feel the need to speculate further on the matter and will return to concentrate purely on the software matters irrespective of what other people have to say on the issue.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:44:49 PM

Sour grapes. LOL.

You don't sell it for $6,000 either because you're priced out of the market.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:46:51 PM

Sour grapes. LOL.

Good luck selling your overpriced miners!

skyfromwell

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:07:10 PM

Sour grapes. LOL.

You don't sell it for $6,000 either because you're priced out of the market.

You really want it, talk to me privately.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 04:17:50 PM

6 g's is a ripoff fellas, I'd recommend sitting on your hands for the S2 announcement later this month.

Because if the S2 is priced around half of these $5k and $6k miners, you best believe everyone will buy out the stock as soon as Bitmain puts it online.

That would be money well spent, imo.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Ronin1

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:28:59 PM

There is plenty of factual information in this forum to justify having doubts as to the veracity of the claims made by skyfromwwell and seeksilence.  If the miner exists and is in production, Price would be too high to enter the market…. Delivery date is still not affirmed… No proof of inventory… legality (IP)…    Lot of storytelling and evasive answers by the miners representatives. I think this miner would be a lost cause.  You fellas just keep your Miners and continue mining bitcoin for yourselves.  It doesn’t really matter if it can be proven this is a legit company or a scam… From a business standpoint, this is not a good deal. 
JointDoctor

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:59:59 PM

I think everybody should calm down a notch  Roll Eyes
The A1 drama here on Bitcointalk need to stop, it´s not productive anywhere.

From Innosilicons website:

Innosilicon Announce its 28nm Bitcoin Mining IP core in Production
Innosilicon is proudly announcing that BitMine AG, a leading bitcoin mining system supplier, has licensed its ultra low power Hash IP Core for production at GF 28nm HPP process. This IP is designed from scratch using patent pending, customized VLSI computational Marco cells developed to squeeze the best possible power efficiency in 28nm. Its ultra high power efficiency and thermal reliability allows BitMine AG to pack just the right amount of innovative hash horse power inside a A1 CoinCraft ASIC. The availability of this 28nm hardened IP core instantly raised the bar in a crowded 28nm bitcoin mining ASIC field.

No patent, no copyright.
Simple as that.

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal... - Hashfast_CL
skyfromwell

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:07:39 PM

6 g's is a ripoff fellas, I'd recommend sitting on your hands for the S2 announcement later this month.

Because if the S2 is priced around half of these $5k and $6k miners, you best believe everyone will buy out the stock as soon as Bitmain puts it online.

Price is NOT that high. And anyone wants to wait for Bitmine's NEVER coming system, then that's his/her choice.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 06:16:24 PM

Price is NOT that high. And anyone wants to wait for Bitmine's NEVER coming system, then that's his/her choice.

Haha good one.  Bitmain, not Bitmine.  Bitmain is killing everyone right now.  They're redefining the pre-order model for the whole industry.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:18:33 PM

Haha good one.  Bitmain, not Bitmine.  Bitmain is killing everyone right now.  They're redefining the pre-order model for the whole industry.

yup that's so true, pre order era ended when then entered the game.
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:14:41 AM

I think everybody should calm down a notch  Roll Eyes

Innosilicon is proudly announcing that BitMine AG, a leading bitcoin mining system supplier, has licensed its ultra low power Hash IP Core for production at GF 28nm HPP process. This IP is designed from scratch using patent pending, customized VLSI computational Marco cells developed to squeeze the best possible power efficiency in 28nm. Its ultra high power efficiency and thermal reliability allows BitMine AG to pack just the right amount of innovative hash horse power inside a A1 CoinCraft ASIC. The availability of this 28nm hardened IP core instantly raised the bar in a crowded 28nm bitcoin mining ASIC field.

No patent, no copyright.
Simple as that.

On the unit i have it looks linked to Innosilicon.

Footer on the index page is "<div id="footer">Copyright www.innosilicon.com.cn</div>"

Although that is a second index page that isn't displayed when connecting to the web admin. More delving to do.

Message me if you have any problems
QuestionTime

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:09:19 AM

No patent, no copyright.
Simple as that.

Footer on the index page is "<div id="footer">Copyright www.innosilicon.com.cn</div>"

Although that is a second index page that isn't displayed when connecting to the web admin. More delving to do.

Your miner is not from us and it is not the same as JTminer. Basically, the JTminer with smaller size is much stable and can do overclock. Please ask the suggestion from who you bought it if you want to do overclock. We are not responsible for what is not from us. Thanks.

Recent summary:
Advantage and difference from other miner:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5571215#msg5571215
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5580260#msg5580260

---------------------------------------------
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5572959#msg5572959
Bitmine and Innosilicon worked together to produce the chips, so both of them have rights to produce/resell the chips.

for @QuestionTime : We reserve our right to take legal action for your libel!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5579060#msg5579060

I´m a little bit confused.... how many representatives for the JingTian miner is on bitcointalk?

(Seeksilence, skyfromwell and JT miner)

Yes. Those are from my company.

Alright, thanks for making that official  Smiley
How about the pictures from the demonstration you held, will they be uploaded soon?

I will let someone put more pictures here.

I need to pick up my system now. LOL. I will try to do a good over clock then report to your guys.

Im looking forward to the OC guide- Do you think a EVGA 1300W g2 is enough to overclock, or should we get something higher?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438011

Bob, it is not problem of the power. It is the problem with the system you got. LOL.

Don't over-clock it. The one who sell to you using cheap components in the board, so over-clock is NOT going to work there.

Please stop telling me what I do or dont have. These are not knockoffs- I have been running them OC for weeks now, and they also look identical to all the other units me and my assosiates purchased. Same design, PCBs chips, etc as the legitimate ones. Oh, and and the PCBs + parts numbers match up with the ones your selling directly.

JT, it seems like a Chinese manufacturer has ripped off your designs and is selling them as their own. Wait.. where have I seen that before  Grin

Libel? It sounds like you have a statement from Innosillicon contradicting bitmine's claims. Please do share.

What is actually Innosilicon's current position on this matter is this, and I quote from their web :
"Innosilicon Announce its 28nm Bitcoin Mining IP core in Production
Innosilicon is proudly announcing that BitMine AG, a leading bitcoin mining system supplier, has licensed its ultra low power Hash IP Core for production at GF 28nm HPP process. This IP is designed from scratch using patent pending, customized VLSI computational Marco cells developed to squeeze the best possible power efficiency in 28nm. Its ultra high power efficiency and thermal reliability allows BitMine AG to pack just the right amount of innovative hash horse power inside a A1 CoinCraft ASIC. The availability of this 28nm hardened IP core instantly raised the bar in a crowded 28nm bitcoin mining ASIC field."

This might mean, that :

a) Bitmine.ch has patented (patent pending), their HPP proces (sublicenced from GF and forked), based on their Bitcoin Mining IP core
b) Innosilicon has given permission to Bitmine.ch to use their ultra-low-power Hash IP core for 28 nm DIE for chips produced by Innosilicon for Bitmine, and probably given only to Bitmine and nobody else.
c) Who did customized VLSI computational Marco cell (power train in 28 nm) - Synapse, Verisilicon, Innosilicon, Bitmine or GlobalFoundries is not known to me at this point. Also not known if this customized VLSI method is patented by someone.

Even though somebody could obtain licence from Innosilicon for power layer, other layers are still not Innosilicon property, so without Bitmine's sublicence on final design, full tapeout of cloned chips is not [legally] possible.

It has nothing to do with BRANDNAME - "COINCRAFT A1" as s BRAND, but with TOPOGRAPHIC DESIGN OF INTEGRATED CIRCUITS, which is SEPARATE LEVEL OF INTELECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION FROM BRAND(NAME) PROTECTION, patent pending according to Madrid Convention of the World Intelectual property organisation. Patents are accesible from WIPO portal, and they are many, and non of which are the property JingTian.

I've also referred this and similar threads regarding the importation and possession of these Chinese A1 miners to the FBI for potential North American customers for further legal clarification.
skyfromwell

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:18:36 AM

No patent, no copyright.
Simple as that.

Your miner is not from us and it is not the same as JTminer. Basically, the JTminer with smaller size is much stable and can do overclock. Please ask the suggestion from who you bought it if you want to do overclock. We are not responsible for what is not from us. Thanks.

Recent summary:

Bitmine and Innosilicon worked together to produce the chips, so both of them have rights to produce/resell the chips.

I´m a little bit confused.... how many representatives for the JingTian miner is on bitcointalk?

(Seeksilence, skyfromwell and JT miner)

Yes. Those are from my company.

Alright, thanks for making that official  Smiley
How about the pictures from the demonstration you held, will they be uploaded soon?

I will let someone put more pictures here.

I need to pick up my system now. LOL. I will try to do a good over clock then report to your guys.

Im looking forward to the OC guide- Do you think a EVGA 1300W g2 is enough to overclock, or should we get something higher?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438011

Bob, it is not problem of the power. It is the problem with the system you got. LOL.

Don't over-clock it. The one who sell to you using cheap components in the board, so over-clock is NOT going to work there.

Please stop telling me what I do or dont have. These are not knockoffs- I have been running them OC for weeks now, and they also look identical to all the other units me and my assosiates purchased. Same design, PCBs chips, etc as the legitimate ones. Oh, and and the PCBs + parts numbers match up with the ones your selling directly.

JT, it seems like a Chinese manufacturer has ripped off your designs and is selling them as their own. Wait.. where have I seen that before  Grin

Libel? It sounds like you have a statement from Innosillicon contradicting bitmine's claims. Please do share.

What is actually Innosilicon's current position on this matter is this, and I quote from their web :
"Innosilicon Announce its 28nm Bitcoin Mining IP core in Production
Innosilicon is proudly announcing that BitMine AG, a leading bitcoin mining system supplier, has licensed its ultra low power Hash IP Core for production at GF 28nm HPP process. This IP is designed from scratch using patent pending, customized VLSI computational Marco cells developed to squeeze the best possible power efficiency in 28nm. Its ultra high power efficiency and thermal reliability allows BitMine AG to pack just the right amount of innovative hash horse power inside a A1 CoinCraft ASIC. The availability of this 28nm hardened IP core instantly raised the bar in a crowded 28nm bitcoin mining ASIC field."

This might mean, that :

a) Bitmine.ch has patented (patent pending), their HPP proces (sublicenced from GF and forked), based on their Bitcoin Mining IP core
b) Innosilicon has given permission to Bitmine.ch to use their ultra-low-power Hash IP core for 28 nm DIE for chips produced by Innosilicon for Bitmine, and probably given only to Bitmine and nobody else.
c) Who did customized VLSI computational Marco cell (power train in 28 nm) - Synapse, Verisilicon, Innosilicon, Bitmine or GlobalFoundries is not known to me at this point. Also not known if this customized VLSI method is patented by someone.

Even though somebody could obtain licence from Innosilicon for power layer, other layers are still not Innosilicon property, so without Bitmine's sublicence on final design, full tapeout of cloned chips is not [legally] possible.

It has nothing to do with BRANDNAME - "COINCRAFT A1" as s BRAND, but with TOPOGRAPHIC DESIGN OF INTEGRATED CIRCUITS, which is SEPARATE LEVEL OF INTELECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION FROM BRAND(NAME) PROTECTION, patent pending according to Madrid Convention of the World Intelectual property organisation. Patents are accesible from WIPO portal, and they are many, and non of which are the property JingTian.

I've also referred this and similar threads regarding the importation and possession of these Chinese A1 miners to the FBI for potential North American customers for further legal clarification.

Just becareful. We may sue you for defarmation.
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:34:52 AM

Wow way to go...
A seller who wants to sue before doing even a single transaction.
I would be nervous to buy anything from jingtian not only more expensive than competitor he may even sue you if the miner got defective and your asking for warranty claiming i am libel LOL. Roll Eyes
Epic failll..
skyfromwell

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:59:32 AM

Wow way to go...
A seller who wants to sue before doing even a single transaction.
I would be nervous to buy anything from jingtian not only more expensive than competitor he may even sue you if the miner got defective and your asking for warranty claiming i am libel LOL. Roll Eyes
Epic failll..

You can complain if the price is too high or not. You can suspect if the products good or not, but calling FBI with rumor, that is a different story.

Even when CK comfirmed with Bitmine for this.

But if this guy is hired by bitmine, you just get your wish. LOL. As I know the A1 chips are withholding by not delivering to bitmine right now. Good luck.
seeksilence (OP)

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:07:39 AM

Recent summary:
Video of JTminer farm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86hZGZAMUHQ‍

Bitmine and Innosilicon worked together to produce the chips, so both of them have rights to produce/resell the chips. We do not have any business with bitmine.

Sample unit sent to ckolivas
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5561045#msg55610451    (a few pictures provided)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5602482#msg5602482
I've had official confirmation from bitmine directly that, while they do have ongoing dispute with a Chinese company, that I am free to develop for this device without fear of legal recourse provided the driver does not use the bitmine or coincraft name to reference any aspect of these devices or drivers. They have also said they will only release an official statement once the issue has been resolved. While this more or less confirms my own suspicions with respect to what's going on, I don't feel the need to speculate further on the matter and will return to concentrate purely on the software matters irrespective of what other people have to say on the issue.

Sample unit sent to skyfromwell
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470386.msg5613763#msg5613763

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: