Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:52:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 28nm ** 1T ** 900W【JingTian miner】 in production !!!  (Read 26239 times)
skyfromwell

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:05:04 PM

I have a tracking number, so *something* is being sent to me, for what it's worth.

Yes, CK.

There were two systems sent out. One is for you, and one is for me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionTime

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:09:28 AM

QuestionTime, for all we know Bitmine was out of cash and had dud chips, I know my first batch A1s I got won't come alive until 850mv, so how do we know they didn't do an IP deal with the chip manufacturer to produce a more efficient 2nd batch? Until someone gets a court judgment banning the import of Chinese A1's it's not a crime.

Don't need a court judgement for Customs / Border Protection to seize counterfeit or pirated goods. In some jurisdictions, importing and/or possession of such goods is considered a criminal offence.

On another note, potential customers should consider if there could be issues with their supply of the ASIC chip. GlobalFoundries and similar would be very hesitant to produce product where there is ambiguity regarding IP rights. Sure, the Chinese assemblers may be able to deliver initially, but when they run out of chips a lot of customers are going to be left holding the bag if they don't have their own supply of chips.

Bullshit someone would have to win a court judgement before that happened. Otherwise the same could just be done to Bitmine. They have to PROVE that there are fake/Stolen/counterfeit versions of their proprietary protected IP. He'll they have to prove they actually have any Ip claim First!

Until this happens its game on.

You're entitled to game with your money and miners. Others should weigh the risks when considering Chinese miners based on the 28nm CoinCraft A1 and compare those risks with other legitimate miners with similar and sometimes better price and performance metrics, currently shipping in volume.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:32:01 AM

Got it. It's a monstrosity with 3 external power supplies that I have to wire in myself... however even the power side needs to be screwed in with bare wires, and that's basically illegal to do in my country unless you're a certified A grade electrician... so I'm not sure exactly what to do with it yet  Undecided

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
repairguy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:35:37 AM

Got it. It's a monstrosity with 3 external power supplies that I have to wire in myself... however even the power side needs to be screwed in with bare wires, and that's basically illegal to do in my country unless you're a certified A grade electrician... so I'm not sure exactly what to do with it yet  Undecided

External power supplies??  Got a picture?
QuestionTime

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:47:08 AM

I have a tracking number, so *something* is being sent to me, for what it's worth.
The *something* is a JTminer. Can't wait for your review.   Smiley

Why would ckolivas incriminate himself?
They asked me to review it I said I would not, as I am not in the business of reviewing hardware or supporting any manufacturer. They then offered to send me hardware, to which I said I would graciously accept it - to make it possible for them to submit their driver code for inclusion to master cgminer and have me help them. When the hardware arrives I will gladly validate that it exists, hashes etc, but I cannot vouch for the company's business in any other way since I am not a customer as such.

This may be relevant for you ckolivas: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s88.html

As there seems to be a demand for these Chinese miners based on the 28nm CoinCraft A1 in Australia, I've referred this and other threads on similar machines to the Australian Federal Police for some clarification as to whether it would be lawful to import and be in possession of these machines.

More vendors means more competition which is always good for customers. However customers should be able to confidently make purchases in good faith that the machines are 100% legitimately manufactured and not have to potentially face legal sanctions later on after parting with their hard earned money.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:52:26 AM

They asked me to review it I said I would not, as I am not in the business of reviewing hardware or supporting any manufacturer. They then offered to send me hardware, to which I said I would graciously accept it - to make it possible for them to submit their driver code for inclusion to master cgminer and have me help them. When the hardware arrives I will gladly validate that it exists, hashes etc, but I cannot vouch for the company's business in any other way since I am not a customer as such.

This may be relevant for you ckolivas: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s88.html

As there seems to be a demand for these Chinese miners based on the 28nm CoinCraft A1 in Australia, I've referred this and other threads on similar machines to the Australian Federal Police for some clarification as to whether it would be lawful to import and be in possession of these machines.

More vendors means more competition which is always good for customers. However customers should be able to confidently make purchases in good faith that the machines are 100% legitimately manufactured and not have to potentially face legal sanctions later on after parting with their hard earned money.
I was not aware there was anything claiming these were stolen apart from some questionable post on an unrelated forum with machine translation? If you can point me to reasonable suspicion these are stolen goods I'd of course have no interest in reviewing or promoting them - heck it would make handling them and not trying to wire them up much easier, just give them to the AFP. I'm very open about all my actions and put my real name to my actions here at all times and have never tried to hide my identity so of course I wouldn't go incriminating myself knowingly.

-ck
seeksilence (OP)

Activity: 239

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:54:48 AM

@QuestionTime: I suggest you to open a new thread to ask giorgiomassa from bitmine to answer the question:
--------------------------------
Giorgio,please clarify in legal term:

Does Innosilicon have right to sell the chips or not?

Don't act like a child.

Giorgio deleted his own post in this thread, sound strange?

It seems giorgiomassa from bitmine could not answer this simple question: Does Innosilicon have right to sell the chips or not?

Also I just found out giorgiomassa deleted his post here.

Seems I have to repeat this: There is no legal issue for JTminer.  

If you check the news http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863, you should know bitmine is just in co-operation with some Chinese company. They just bought the chip from the Chinese company and name it as "Coincraft A1" chip. The Chinese company can also sell the A1 chip. They can call it any name they want like "ABC A1" chip. So the question comes: Does the "Coincraft A1" chip means "A1" chip?I don't think so. This is something like Mcdonalds can make their hamburger and KFC can make their own too.

We do NOT buy chips from bitmine and have no business with them.

From that link:
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon.

Doesn't say bitmine bought the chip from a Chinese company.

I'm assuming that the R&D funds came from bitmine and it's customers and that Innosilicon was contracted by bitmine for R&D, ergo, bitmine retains IP rights of the A1 chip. Unless the use of the A1 chip in these Chinese 28nm miners has been authorised by bitmine, what we're seeing here is corporate theft and entities being in possession of or receiving these miners, liable for a criminal offence.

Precisely, we are the owner of the IP inside the A1 chip and the major contributor to the know-how of the inner workings that led to its development. We are aware of things like the one happening here and we even made a press release news concerning this matter:

http://bitmine.ch/?p=5178

Whoever purchases these does that on its own risk and may be liable in its own country since we hold IP on that.

Yes, that's China.

seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:01:52 AM

Got it. It's a monstrosity with 3 external power supplies that I have to wire in myself... however even the power side needs to be screwed in with bare wires, and that's basically illegal to do in my country unless you're a certified A grade electrician... so I'm not sure exactly what to do with it yet  Undecided

3 suppies means giving the power sufficient to overclock.
normally it's 2 power supply. Each one is 600W .

If you run it 1T , it's 2 power supply.

We can arrange someone to wire it for you. Please check your email and discuss it privately. Thanks.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:02:36 AM

It's as per the opening post, but with one extra power supply (presumably a spare/redundancy). Here's some photos, including a baseball cap for size comparison:

http://ck.kolivas.org/pictures/JTMiner/

-ck
QuestionTime

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:03:42 AM

@QuestionTime: I suggest you to open a new thread to ask giorgiomassa from bitmine to answer the question:

Don't act like a child.

Giorgio deleted his own post in this thread, sound strange?

It seems giorgiomassa from bitmine could not answer this simple question: Does Innosilicon have right to sell the chips or not?

Also I just found out giorgiomassa deleted his post here.

Seems I have to repeat this: There is no legal issue for JTminer.  

If you check the news http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863, you should know bitmine is just in co-operation with some Chinese company. They just bought the chip from the Chinese company and name it as "Coincraft A1" chip. The Chinese company can also sell the A1 chip. They can call it any name they want like "ABC A1" chip. So the question comes: Does the "Coincraft A1" chip means "A1" chip?I don't think so. This is something like Mcdonalds can make their hamburger and KFC can make their own too.

From that link:
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon.

I'm assuming that the R&D funds came from bitmine and it's customers and that Innosilicon was contracted by bitmine for R&D, ergo, bitmine retains IP rights of the A1 chip. Unless the use of the A1 chip in these Chinese 28nm miners has been authorised by bitmine, what we're seeing here is corporate theft and entities being in possession of or receiving these miners, liable for a criminal offence.

Precisely, we are the owner of the IP inside the A1 chip and the major contributor to the know-how of the inner workings that led to its development. We are aware of things like the one happening here and we even made a press release news concerning this matter:

Whoever purchases these does that on its own risk and may be liable in its own country since we hold IP on that.

Yes, that's China.

Or was his post "moderated"?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:06:46 AM

It's as per the opening post, but with one extra power supply (presumably a spare/redundancy). Here's some photos, including a baseball cap for size comparison:

Uggh.. wouldn't be an issue for me to wire it up here in the UK but I thought it was gonna look more like the Dragon miners (massive black box with two ATX PSUs) like bobsag got. That one looks half finished, mind you if it works I could grow to love it Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:08:29 AM

Or was his post "moderated"?

Its not a self moderated thread, I cant see a reason for the moderation if a dialogue was ongoing.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:12:07 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 06:37:01 AM by seeksilence

426*380*200
we are only 60% percent size of the dragon
5U , rack mout machine.

MCUcode is written from scratch by us.

Got it. It's a monstrosity with 3 external power supplies that I have to wire in myself... however even the power side needs to be screwed in with bare wires, and that's basically illegal to do in my country unless you're a certified A grade electrician... so I'm not sure exactly what to do with it yet  Undecided

External power supplies??  Got a picture?

Uggh.. wouldn't be an issue for me to wire it up here in the UK but I thought it was gonna look more like the Dragon miners (massive black box with two ATX PSUs) like bobsag got. That one looks half finished, mind you if it works I could grow to love it Smiley

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:12:15 AM

Uggh.. wouldn't be an issue for me to wire it up here in the UK but I thought it was gonna look more like the Dragon miners (massive black box with two ATX PSUs) like bobsag got.
Sure it's easy to wire up. But it's also illegal to do mains wiring yourself here. PSUs would have been much simpler, but in fact these are much higher quality and more expensive than regular PSUs.

-ck
QuestionTime

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:13:26 AM

I was not aware there was anything claiming these were stolen apart from some questionable post on an unrelated forum with machine translation? If you can point me to reasonable suspicion these are stolen goods I'd of course have no interest in reviewing or promoting them - heck it would make handling them and not trying to wire them up much easier, just give them to the AFP. I'm very open about all my actions and put my real name to my actions here at all times and have never tried to hide my identity so of course I wouldn't go incriminating myself knowingly.

From that link:

Yes, that's China.

+1

Authorised distributors for bitmine tech: http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204
seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:20:48 AM

@QuestionTime: Why are you feared to ask simple question to Giorgio from Bitmine? You should question everyone if you have doubt or you have some purpose for the misleading information. We do not have any business with Bitmine. Also Bitmine could not even put the answer in legal term to the question:

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:26:17 AM

Is this the post you're saying was removed?

Feh this is ugly and I'd seen none of it cos there's too much forum activity to keep track of.

The website caution is:
Code:
when purchasing from an unauthorized distributor because most probably they’re a scam or a reseller of lower-grade, non-working or counterfeit ASICs

Where does it say anything about stolen goods?

-ck
QuestionTime

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:27:40 AM

Uggh.. wouldn't be an issue for me to wire it up here in the UK but I thought it was gonna look more like the Dragon miners (massive black box with two ATX PSUs) like bobsag got.
Sure it's easy to wire up. But it's also illegal to do mains wiring yourself here. PSUs would have been much simpler, but in fact these are much higher quality and more expensive than regular PSUs.

So a non-standard PSU, do they have any recognised compliance marks?
(Australia) http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Suppliers/Supplier-resources/Supplier-overview/compliance-marks

It would not be a simple matter of calling an electrician to wire the machine to mains if there are no compliance marks.
QuestionTime

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:29:19 AM

@QuestionTime: Why are you feared to ask simple question to Giorgio from Bitmine? You should question everyone if you have doubt or you have some purpose for the misleading information. We do not have any business with Bitmine. Also Bitmine could not even put the answer in legal term to the question:

Do you see Innosilicon on this list: http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204
seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:31:38 AM

Do you see Innosilicon on this list: http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon. Targeting the highest possible power efficiency, the A1 is made to be deployed in huge binary trees structures within large scale private or public mining pools.

@QuestionTime : everyone knows they are in cooperation!

You are always avoiding to answer the question:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: