Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:49:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 28nm ** 1T ** 900W【JingTian miner】 in production !!!  (Read 26239 times)
seeksilence (OP)

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:22:20 PM

Giorgio,please clarify in legal term:

Does Innosilicon have right to sell the chips or not?

+1

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:10:29 AM

10. We will give a production presentation in next Weds. day (Shanghai time), and one thing is for sure, those sample units you received never went longer period of testing. Neither some parts on their board are up to the standards you like to see, so I have to say "Good luck".

Wait for the news...

seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:12:30 PM

The presentation is very successful. No one on the spot doubt the existence of our JTminer with pictures and video. Wait to see what can be posted...

JointDoctor

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:48:44 PM

*gets the popcorn*

Grin

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal... - Hashfast_CL
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

I have a tracking number, so *something* is being sent to me, for what it's worth.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:54:21 PM

I have a tracking number, so *something* is being sent to me, for what it's worth.
The *something* is a JTminer. Can't wait for your review.   Smiley

QuestionTime

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:29:10 PM

Why would ckolivas incriminate himself?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:33:48 PM

Why would he be incriminating himself?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
QuestionTime

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:42:58 PM

Why would he be incriminating himself?

If you check the news http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863, you should know bitmine is just in co-operation with some Chinese company. They just bought the chip from the Chinese company and name it as "Coincraft A1" chip. The Chinese company can also sell the A1 chip. They can call it any name they want like "ABC A1" chip. So the question comes: Does the "Coincraft A1" chip means "A1" chip?I don't think so. This is something like Mcdonalds can make their hamburger and KFC can make their own too.

We do NOT buy chips from bitmine and have no business with them.

From that link:
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon.

Doesn't say bitmine bought the chip from a Chinese company.

I'm assuming that the R&D funds came from bitmine and it's customers and that Innosilicon was contracted by bitmine for R&D, ergo, bitmine retains IP rights of the A1 chip. Unless the use of the A1 chip in these Chinese 28nm miners has been authorised by bitmine, what we're seeing here is corporate theft and entities being in possession of or receiving these miners, liable for a criminal offence.

Precisely, we are the owner of the IP inside the A1 chip and the major contributor to the know-how of the inner workings that led to its development. We are aware of things like the one happening here and we even made a press release news concerning this matter:

http://bitmine.ch/?p=5178

Whoever purchases these does that on its own risk and may be liable in its own country since we hold IP on that.

Yes, that's China.
seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:50:07 PM

It seems giorgiomassa from bitmine could not answer this simple question: Does Innosilicon have right to sell the chips or not?

Also I just found out giorgiomassa deleted his post here.

Seems I have to repeat this: There is no legal issue for JTminer.  

If you check the news http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863, you should know bitmine is just in co-operation with some Chinese company. They just bought the chip from the Chinese company and name it as "Coincraft A1" chip. The Chinese company can also sell the A1 chip. They can call it any name they want like "ABC A1" chip. So the question comes: Does the "Coincraft A1" chip means "A1" chip?I don't think so. This is something like Mcdonalds can make their hamburger and KFC can make their own too.

We do NOT buy chips from bitmine and have no business with them.

From that link:
Designed from scratch, Bitmine’s Coincraft A1 is a third generation Bitcoin Mining IC developed by Bitmine in co-operation with a team of expert engineers from Innosilicon.

Doesn't say bitmine bought the chip from a Chinese company.

I'm assuming that the R&D funds came from bitmine and it's customers and that Innosilicon was contracted by bitmine for R&D, ergo, bitmine retains IP rights of the A1 chip. Unless the use of the A1 chip in these Chinese 28nm miners has been authorised by bitmine, what we're seeing here is corporate theft and entities being in possession of or receiving these miners, liable for a criminal offence.

Precisely, we are the owner of the IP inside the A1 chip and the major contributor to the know-how of the inner workings that led to its development. We are aware of things like the one happening here and we even made a press release news concerning this matter:

http://bitmine.ch/?p=5178

Whoever purchases these does that on its own risk and may be liable in its own country since we hold IP on that.

Yes, that's China.

Giorgio,please clarify in legal term:

Does Innosilicon have right to sell the chips or not?

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:53:48 PM

And you believe him?

Regardless, ck can't incriminate himself by reviewing a machine.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:54:04 PM

This is getting mighty interesting... Grin

P.S. yep, still waiting on that reply from Giorgio...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:54:18 PM

QuestionTime, for all we know Bitmine was out of cash and had dud chips, I know the first batch A1s I got won't come alive until 850mv (Turbo mode power with only normal mode 25GH), so how do we know they didn't do an IP deal with the chip manufacturer to produce a more efficient 2nd batch? Until someone gets a court judgment banning the import of these Chinese A1's it's not a crime.

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:55:12 PM

QuestionTime, for all we know Bitmine was out of cash and had dud chips, I know my first batch A1s I got won't come alive until 850mv, so how do we know they didn't do an IP deal with the chip manufacturer to produce a more efficient 2nd batch? Until someone gets a court judgment banning the import of Chinese A1's it's not a crime.

Exactly! Plus they aren't excactly known for their honesty with their customers so far.

QuestionTime

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:48:15 PM

QuestionTime, for all we know Bitmine was out of cash and had dud chips, I know my first batch A1s I got won't come alive until 850mv, so how do we know they didn't do an IP deal with the chip manufacturer to produce a more efficient 2nd batch? Until someone gets a court judgment banning the import of Chinese A1's it's not a crime.

Don't need a court judgement for Customs / Border Protection to seize counterfeit or pirated goods. In some jurisdictions, importing and/or possession of such goods is considered a criminal offence.

On another note, potential customers should consider if there could be issues with their supply of the ASIC chip. GlobalFoundries and similar would be very hesitant to produce product where there is ambiguity regarding IP rights. Sure, the Chinese assemblers may be able to deliver initially, but when they run out of chips a lot of customers are going to be left holding the bag if they don't have their own supply of chips.
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:29:40 PM

Don't need a court judgement for Customs / Border Protection to seize counterfeit or pirated goods. In some jurisdictions, importing and/or possession of such goods is considered a criminal offence.

On another note, potential customers should consider if there could be issues with their supply of the ASIC chip. GlobalFoundries and similar would be very hesitant to produce product where there is ambiguity regarding IP rights. Sure, the Chinese assemblers may be able to deliver initially, but when they run out of chips a lot of customers are going to be left holding the bag if they don't have their own supply of chips.
Potential customers should also consider that Giorgio has still not answered the question... it's an easy one  Wink

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:18:11 PM

Bullshit someone would have to win a court judgement before that happened. Otherwise the same could just be done to Bitmine. They have to PROVE that there are fake/Stolen/counterfeit versions of their proprietary protected IP. He'll they have to prove they actually have any Ip claim First!

Until this happens its game on.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:13:51 PM

They asked me to review it I said I would not, as I am not in the business of reviewing hardware or supporting any manufacturer. They then offered to send me hardware, to which I said I would graciously accept it - to make it possible for them to submit their driver code for inclusion to master cgminer and have me help them. When the hardware arrives I will gladly validate that it exists, hashes etc, but I cannot vouch for the company's business in any other way since I am not a customer as such.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
seeksilence (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:34:43 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 09:59:08 PM by seeksilence

They asked me to review it I said I would not, as I am not in the business of reviewing hardware or supporting any manufacturer. They then offered to send me hardware, to which I said I would graciously accept it - to make it possible for them to submit their driver code for inclusion to master cgminer and have me help them. When the hardware arrives I will gladly validate that it exists, hashes etc, but I cannot vouch for the company's business in any other way since I am not a customer as such.

Oh, I am sorry for my guess for a review to involve you in the bad discussion. I just knew we have one sample unit sent to you. BTW, that guy with a new id is unreasonable with false assumption to make that statement.

Any words are welcome from you, thanks.

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:54:54 PM

Apologies, I should have said verified that it exists, hashes and does what it says on the tin, I never meant to assume that you would do any more than that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: