Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:52:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched!  (Read 1466308 times)
kuduirt

Activity: 304
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 09:00:14 PM

Litecoin is the result of some of us who joined together on IRC in an effort to create a real alternative currency similar to Bitcoin.  We wanted to make a coin that is silver to Bitcoin's gold.  Various alternative currencies have come and gone.  Some brought innovation, but they all had problems.

• ixcoin - Nasakioto premined 580k coins. Seemed like a pump and dump. Competed with Bitcoin for GPU resources - Dead (~2 gh/s)
  • i0coin - Basically ixcoin without the premine. Not much support was given to this coin after it was released. - Dead (~5 gh/s)

Maybe you're wrong about those two though, Charles.

1. You won't find Charlie on this thread.
2. He's not wrong:
- They're both perfectly dead. No one is using them (transactions). No one is trading them. Dead...
- It looks like there was an attempt to revive ixcoin in 2018. It failed...

I'm here every now and then.  Cheesy
hey do know that i want bay ltc for 10-11$ and sell for 77$=)

today you can oversleep mega Pump on bitcoin for 250 000$ per coin lol
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:17:26 PM

I'm here for a testimone.
Just bought LTC for sending my balance from exchange to another exchange.
Just need 5 mins, and my LTC landed successfully with less than a half dollar fee.
This coin is beast !
d3nz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:40:22 PM

Was there ever any proof that Charlie Lee sold all of his Litecoin?
I wonder if just said that he did it, but really still owns it Wink

Also what is going on with Litecoin and Dash, both had instamines?
https://beincrypto.com/charlie-lee-stirs-dash-instamine-controversy-attracts-scrutiny-to-litecoins-own-misgivings/

I think that the selling story is true
It was sold at a very good market price and it was done to avoid any conflict of interest
It's obvious that he didn't sold the whole bag, but a mayor part has gone

There could be a reason on selling his bag of LTC, it might be for the delopment of the wallet of his coin or he might already know that the value of ltc could fluctuate anytime even thou the halving is already completed.

Mining of LTC can be instant since the difficulty increase after the halving last Aug 9, 2019.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 06:46:12 PM

https://beincrypto.com/charlie-lee-stirs-dash-instamine-controversy-attracts-scrutiny-to-litecoins-own-misgivings/

It was sold at a very good market price and it was done to avoid any conflict of interest

There was never any reason to need proof. He said it himself... Anyone seriously thinks he lied about that?
There are some people who have doubt on his statement that he may have his coins and he will not want to show them public. That is why statements like this appears. But from the market of that time it was obvious that yes he sold his coins. Still it is possible that he will have his money in LTC as he is the developer and he will love his coin.
Bim abk

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 07:08:42 AM

There was never any reason to need proof. He said it himself... Anyone seriously thinks he lied about that?
There are some people who have doubt on his statement that he may have his coins and he will not want to show them public. That is why statements like this appears. But from the market of that time it was obvious that yes he sold his coins. Still it is possible that he will have his money in LTC as he is the developer and he will love his coin.
it could have happened that he still has coins that are not known to the public, and he is a developer so I don't think he likes his own coins. so there will still be allegations even though in the evidence he has sold the coin. because it's hard to believe a developer doesn't like the coins they have, and this will be a lot of questions by the public
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 07:49:12 AM

it could have happened that he still has coins that are not known to the public, and he is a developer so I don't think he likes his own coins. so there will still be allegations even though in the evidence he has sold the coin. because it's hard to believe a developer doesn't like the coins they have, and this will be a lot of questions by the public

This is how conspiracy theories start. Baseless uninformed assumptions are spread as legitimate options.

He sold most of his coins. He said so himself. There were many reasons to keep this quiet, but he didn't. There was a huge backlash on the news he sold. Many said he should not have made this public. It was a bad PR move.

The idea he simply said that he sold, while in fact he didn't, is one of the most deeply disturbingly stupid things I have heard this year. People spreading this nonsense should feel bad about themselves. Perhaps even look into getting a legitimate hobby.
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 09:20:36 AM
Merited by psycodad (1)

This is how conspiracy theories start. Baseless uninformed assumptions are spread as legitimate options.

He sold most of his coins. He said so himself. There were many reasons to keep this quiet, but he didn't. There was a huge backlash on the news he sold. Many said he should not have made this public. It was a bad PR move.

The idea he simply said that he sold, while in fact he didn't, is one of the most deeply disturbingly stupid things I have heard this year. People spreading this nonsense should feel bad about themselves. Perhaps even look into getting a legitimate hobby.

Haha. Yeah, pretty dumb take. Why would I lie and have to take all this stupid criticism online?

I still have some coins that I use and replenish when needed. I'm still using Litecoin, just not invested in it. I'm working on Litecoin full time and know without a doubt that I'm not doing this for money.

psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 10:34:03 AM

Haha. Yeah, pretty dumb take. Why would I lie and have to take all this stupid criticism online?

I still have some coins that I use and replenish when needed. I'm still using Litecoin, just not invested in it. I'm working on Litecoin full time and know without a doubt that I'm not doing this for money.

I feel like you have explained your motivation to sell your stash in 2017 pretty well at that time and I personally applaud your decision exactly by the reasons you gave, like avoiding conflicts of interest when talking publicly about LTC.
I also understand that part of your LTC has gone into Litecoin foundation to support further development of Litecoin, which obviously not enough people are donating to. On behalf of the benevolent part of the Litecoin community and users I thank you for that.

I would bet that the bitterness in the people who didn't sell at last ATH, which expresses itself with the FUD we see here, will magically transform into malicious joy about you not hodling your own coin once LTC hits a new ATH.

bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 02:36:27 PM

Thanks for continuing to check in here, a lot of us appreciate it and particularly for the updates and direct communication.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 03:23:40 PM

Thanks for continuing to check in here, a lot of us appreciate it and particularly for the updates and direct communication.

It's great to see members of the LITECOIN community here and I remember when I had some LTC back in the day I had bought for two bucks suddenly go to 43 bucks and unfortunately I had to sell them at the time as my Hubyb had been laid off his job at the time. I am thinking of growing a bag of 500 bucks worth and putting into my CTO wallet to grow some interest and leave it there for a long term hold. I am not that good at day trading, but I still believe anyone involved in Crypto should be bagging up even a small bag of LTC for posterity of it being the 2nd coin after Bitcoin. I know the Chinese like LITECOIN and they are really into it, so it might bring me some luck hodling some in my portfolio. Of course, come next Ath, will try this time to sell on the high and buy back as it retraces, not do the same silly mistake I made in January 2018 where I didn't sell anything.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 03:28:10 PM

I know the Chinese like LITECOIN and they are really into it, so it might bring me some luck hodling some in my portfolio.

Then you must hold in multiples of 8, right?
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 07:16:15 AM

I don't know why but the reason why I am also feeling secured holding litecoins is because Charlie Lee is here. In spite being popular and busy in life, he still have time to talk to people here. Very nice for him. 
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 07:03:59 PM

Wow, it's the 8th birthday of Litecoin today!

...an guess what? This thread was created 4 days before the official launch of Litecoin! Grin

Happy 8th birthday to Litecoin! 🎉

Litecoin network has been up and running continuously for the past 8 years with zero downtime. And in that span of time, over $500,000,000,000 worth of LTC have been transacted. 😮

Looking forward to the next 8 years and more! 🚀
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 05:04:12 AM

I don't know why but the reason why I am also feeling secured holding litecoins is because Charlie Lee is here. In spite being popular and busy in life, he still have time to talk to people here. Very nice for him. 

Thanks. But actually Litecoin should succeed in spite of me or it's not really a worthy decentralized cryptocurrency after all. So will you support Litecoin even if I turned into an egomaniac like CSW?  Smiley

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 05:05:05 AM

Happy 8th birthday Litecoin!

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 06:31:22 AM

So many have come and gone. Congrats on 8 years Litecoin.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 08:35:25 AM

Many many happy returns and I would like to congratulate to the whole community who made this possible to keep this in high demand. I hope it will keep continue by following the path of the big brother and will make this ecosystem more convenient and reliable for all crypto lovers.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 10:15:12 AM

Happy birthday Litecoin and congratulations to the team and its community. People aren't very active anymore in this thread. The price continues being stable and is moving slowly. 24 hour change is 1.4% up. Is there a special event on this founding anniversary? Maybe we can moon in 3 days? Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 10:49:00 AM

Thanks. But actually Litecoin should succeed in spite of me or it's not really a worthy decentralized cryptocurrency after all. So will you support Litecoin even if I turned into an egomaniac like CSW?  Smiley

Np. Of course it has something to do with the leader's character and personality. You being here is just an added bonus for us. And yes, Litecoin is one of the best decentralized cryptocurrencies out there. And very reliable as it still survive and keeps on developing.

If my memory serves me right, Litecoin is the second oldest decentralized crypto currency after Bitcoin. Maybe there were others that launched first but all were dead.
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 02:21:24 PM

Time flies when you are having fun in the crypto world, it will be interesting to see what the next eight years bring to this top ten contender.

Thanks to everyone that supports this project and Happy 8th
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: