Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:40:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched!  (Read 1466307 times)
uscarrafone

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:35:27 PM

If litecoin keeps embodying the spirit of original bitcoin plus embracing further technical innovations can assert it's supremacy in everyday transactions, I have a really good feeling about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:52:28 PM

So this year Litecoin will experience a very good rise, the price is now still not too late to buy it Smiley, looking forward to it.
JayFKay

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:14:20 AM

Great to see Litecoins trade volume back above ripple and Bitcoin cash globally where it belongs!

what a week for crypto!
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:47:23 AM

Did anybody really catch on to what Charlie Lee talked about on the news the other day? The message as I saw it was LTC is a long term position- he is maintaining the original goals of the crypto community (on live T.V.) portraying LTC as a decentralized anonymous currency that is going to upend fiat (mainly the greenback), he did not play into Wall Street or the Banking game, he truly came out honest and told it how it is and what crypto is for, unlike the twins and so many others that are dragging BTC into a mess of regulations with their ETF's and other baloney, the whales are out splashing about and might have lost sight of what crypto was designed for and you can bet some of them speak of their wishes for a decentralized currency but how many are truly still involved in the movement (just a question guys),
LTC saw a spike coming from public awareness and those of us in the know picked some more up in support or in fun but can LTC really really pump like BTC at this point? Probably not (even though it has lately been killing it could it reach 16k?)- when the founder is dead set against it moving away from being decentralized and probably working towards keeping it there i think the Bears win with LTC and I think it will be further adopted as a payment coin cause there are alot of people involved in supporting decentralized coins that have been involved in crypto for well over 5 years and LTC has proven itself -

he is embedded with them however i do like his cool calm way of dealing with the CNBC n00bs Wink cheers!!! Litecoin is growing up big~

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
JayFKay

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:23:59 AM

Litecoin up another 9.5% as of this hour! I thought the weekends were supposed to be quieter! not that I'm complaining Smiley
moli1

Activity: 182
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:36:37 AM

As expected, the bulls purchased the dips to $243.86 levels, which is the 38.2 percent Fibonacci retracement of the rally.
However, we believe that the levels between $300 and $342.237 will continue to act as a stiff resistance.
We believe that after the sharp rally, Litecoin will be range-bound for the next few days.
Notwithstanding, if the bulls’ breakout to new lifetime highs, then the next target objective on the upside is a rally to $497.53.
Ralex999

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:34:25 PM

As expected, the bulls purchased the dips to $243.86 levels, which is the 38.2 percent Fibonacci retracement of the rally.
However, we believe that the levels between $300 and $342.237 will continue to act as a stiff resistance.
We believe that after the sharp rally, Litecoin will be range-bound for the next few days.
Notwithstanding, if the bulls’ breakout to new lifetime highs, then the next target objective on the upside is a rally to $497.53.
Very interesting thoughts on Litecoin. Probably all will be. Thank you
JayFKay

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:29:16 PM

The Cryptocurrency pool of investors is simply growing, new markets are opening up and the UK news site www.independent.co.uk reports that a third of all 18 - 35s are set to invest by the end of 2018 up from 5% now.

I think a move away from the heaviest energy user Bitcoin with its energy-guzzling mining load to lighter greener alternatives like Litecoin and Power Ledger are inevitable.

The latest 'Bitcoin News reports that;
"Since January 1, the price of Litecoin has surged from $3.63 to $302, as its market cap increased from below $177 million to $16.4 billion. The market valuation of Litecoin is currently larger than that of bitcoin in the beginning of 2017.

Potential Factors Behind Rally

Over the past 12 months, the bitcoin dominance index has decreased from above 80 percent to 56 percent. Several analysts have attributed the decrease in the bitcoin dominance index to the migration of users from bitcoin to alternative cryptocurrencies (altcoins) such as Litecoin and Ethereum that have significantly lower transaction fees than bitcoin.

At the time of reporting, the median transaction fee of Litecoin is around $0.065.. Due the high transaction fees of bitcoin, many users have started to utilize Litecoin to process cheaper and small transactions.

Bitcoin Fees, a bitcoin transaction fee prediction platform developed by Earn.com (formerly 21 Inc) show that the fastest and cheapest transaction fee is, a recommended fee of around $18."

that's a huge difference in cost to the end user both financially and environmentally.

Litecoin for the future!
JayFKay

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:43:31 PM

Hey does anyome know of a comparison chart for Crypto mining energy usage ? ... I think this would be a handy guide for ethical investors.

I was just reading up further on Bitcoin mining.. it's as bad as I feared..

"Bitcoin’s biggest problem is not even its massive energy consumption (bigger than many small countries already) but that the network is mostly fueled by coal-fired power plants in China. Coal-based electricity is available at very low rates in this country. Even with a conservative emission factor, this results in an extreme carbon footprint for each unique Bitcoin transaction"

I'm holding mostly alt coins already like Litecoin and Power Ledger but this makes me want to shed the rest of my Bitcoin pending something done to avoid adding to climate change.

You can read more on this issue here: https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption
coinlawyer

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:44:54 PM

The Cryptocurrency pool of investors is simply growing, new markets are opening up and the UK news site www.independent.co.uk reports that a third of all 18 - 35s are set to invest by the end of 2018 up from 5% now.

I think a move away from the heaviest energy user Bitcoin with its energy-guzzling mining load to lighter greener alternatives like Litecoin and Power Ledger are inevitable.

"Since January 1, the price of Litecoin has surged from $3.63 to $302, as its market cap increased from below $177 million to $16.4 billion. The market valuation of Litecoin is currently larger than that of bitcoin in the beginning of 2017.

Over the past 12 months, the bitcoin dominance index has decreased from above 80 percent to 56 percent. Several analysts have attributed the decrease in the bitcoin dominance index to the migration of users from bitcoin to alternative cryptocurrencies (altcoins) such as Litecoin and Ethereum that have significantly lower transaction fees than bitcoin.

At the time of reporting, the median transaction fee of Litecoin is around $0.065.. Due the high transaction fees of bitcoin, many users have started to utilize Litecoin to process cheaper and small transactions.

Bitcoin Fees, a bitcoin transaction fee prediction platform developed by Earn.com (formerly 21 Inc) show that the fastest and cheapest transaction fee is, a recommended fee of around $18."

that's a huge difference in cost to the end user both financially and environmentally.

Litecoin for the future!

LTC is definitely the coin of the future! We can see how it developes and after the lightning network launch we could see as value of Litecoin.
With over $1.86bn in 24-hour trading volume, things are looking pretty good for Litecoin. And it seems fewer people are willing to sell at the current price)

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
warmonga

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:10:59 AM

Litecoin for the future!

LTC is definitely the coin of the future! We can see how it developes and after the lightning network launch we could see as value of Litecoin.
With over $1.86bn in 24-hour trading volume, things are looking pretty good for Litecoin. And it seems fewer people are willing to sell at the current price)

Bitcoin Cash offers similar features and solutions to Litecoin, has the Bitcoin branding and is obviously being pumped hard. How do you see LTC competing against BCH, or do you believe there is room in the market for several transaction focused coins?
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 12:33:57 AM

How do you see LTC competing ...

is it a competition, or a selective investment?
If you have a look at the exchange charts you will see that none of these coins are actually competing against one another.
not really.
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:00:34 AM

Litecoin for the future!

Bitcoin Cash offers similar features and solutions to Litecoin, has the Bitcoin branding and is obviously being pumped hard. How do you see LTC competing against BCH, or do you believe there is room in the market for several transaction focused coins?

Let me answer this.....
 BCH is pretty much Bitcoins bitch, the same branding and the same community and arguably the same damn thing trying to achieve the same goals as Bitcoin and only has a place in the crypto era because it piggy backed into popularity by holding onto Poppa's coat tails, the early adopters of BTC will lead the vote in BCH and the majority of those person's have made it clear over the years that BTC should have some regulation and be incorporated into the well established trading network of the centralized world banking institutions, if BCH was standing on its own without BTC backing LTC would stand taller in the attempt to decentralize the wealth of the world.
The face and founder of LTC has just lately come forward and gave his thoughts on crypto and how he believes it will replace the decentralized dollar (which is really the strongest currency in the world), the supporters that have mined it and traded it for years at low prices have not been doing it only for fun but because they support a decentralized currency across borders that are not backing wars and political bull shit that central banks engage in.

There surely is room in the decentralized market for several transaction focused coins, yet BCH is entering into the centralized crypto realm as the holders push further and further into the worlds mainstream banking infrastructure

Bitcoin and BCH are hand in hand - no denying that - and litecoin is on a different level where it is not selling out just to make a higher value for itself, it is not even in the same race as BCH and is not trying to compete, the whole competition thing in crypto is a BTC thing, there is not a team pumping LTC like the BCH pumpers are doing with their coin, litecoin simply is believed in as being a coin that will not be controlled by governments and can be used anonymously without oversight.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
JayFKay

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:54:16 AM

Totally agree, you can feel the fakeness of those BCH pumps with their huge long vertical lines & then sudden massive drops.
And Litecoin is clearly a real, down to earth coin with a mission - that's not to say it can't still be somewhat undervalued - but it is keepin it real.

As for Bitcoin - I sold the last of mine today for Litecoin & Power Ledger due to this >>>

""Bitcoin’s biggest problem is not even its massive energy consumption (bigger than many small countries already) but that the network is mostly fueled by coal-fired power plants in China. Coal-based electricity is available at very low rates in this country. Even with a conservative emission factor, this results in an extreme carbon footprint for each unique Bitcoin transaction"

very ugly for climate change - bitcoin needs to solve that or face an escalating backlash into the future
burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:03:19 AM

Totally agree, you can feel the fakeness of those BCH pumps with their huge long vertical lines & then sudden massive drops.
And Litecoin is clearly a real, down to earth coin with a mission - that's not to say it can't still be somewhat undervalued - but it is keepin it real.

As for Bitcoin - I sold the last of mine today for Litecoin & Power Ledger due to this >>>

""Bitcoin’s biggest problem is not even its massive energy consumption (bigger than many small countries already) but that the network is mostly fueled by coal-fired power plants in China. Coal-based electricity is available at very low rates in this country. Even with a conservative emission factor, this results in an extreme carbon footprint for each unique Bitcoin transaction"

very ugly for climate change - bitcoin needs to solve that or face an escalating backlash into the future

I have been playing with the idea of mining something, now i am going to look at how I can mine litecoin (maybe some POWR) using a sustainable off grid energy source, most likely solar, I think coal has a place in the world but I think we can do better.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:01:45 AM

I have been playing with the idea of mining something, now i am going to look at how I can mine litecoin (maybe some POWR) using a sustainable off grid energy source, most likely solar, I think coal has a place in the world but I think we can do better.
by my point of view solar is the best for sustainable off grid energy source
its also cheap and also you can see lite coin price is more then 300$
and stable there so mining litecoin is profitable for until
more people will start digging in litecoin algo with more hash power
iTradeChips

Activity: 1792
Merit: 536

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:08:39 AM

Most of the investors who are loyal to Litecoin were able to multiply their money many times over. Now the traders are putting their trust more to this coin and will be doing so for many months to come.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
kobo_eth

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:40:54 PM

hey guys,

With recent ridiculous transaction fees of btc (and also ETH to some extend), do you know if LTC offeres much better fees? I have read the speed is better for sure.

kchulani

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:50:37 PM

This is by far one of my favorite crypto's the community is a very relaxed community, doesn;'t get in anyones way and minds its own business, and I think that is why it is succesfull.

fuck miners

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:01:22 PM

Coss.io stole my LTC
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: