Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched!  (Read 1466339 times)
pressing207

Activity: 537
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:23:25 PM

Example of a fraudulent phishing. The address is changed slightly. Be attentive! http://electrumltc.org - a phishing.
And https://electrum-ltc.org correct.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lonesomestranger

Activity: 770
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:34:23 PM

Does anyone know if this site is a scam site or Legit:

http://electrumltc.org

It's definitely a scam!!! Here's the real Electrum Litecoin Wallet https://electrum-ltc.org/ ! In the future, if you are not sure about a certain wallet being a scam or not, you can access the official website of the respective crypto and from there you will be directed to original wallet Smiley

DoYouCrypto?

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:49:55 PM

Hello guys,

Just a small note, we have now high quality premium cotton polo shirts with litecoin logo embroidered for sale Smiley
If you are interested in one take a look at our webshop: https://doyoucrypto.com/

We accept Litecoin and ship worldwide.

Best regards,
DoYouCrypto Team
Yoseikan91

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:02:19 AM

Hello guys !

My last calls on Telegram group gave nice gains to my members ( 4X last 24 hours! )😉📈🤑💰🚀,for FREE !!

Take a look 😉and come to make 2018 the BEST YEAR IN OUR CRYPTO LIFE !

http://t.me/CryptoBravehearts
soliton

Activity: 969
Merit: 683

___________/\_______

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 07:00:25 AM

Example of a fraudulent phishing. The address is changed slightly. Be attentive! http://electrumltc.org - a phishing.
And https://electrum-ltc.org correct.

The thing is the fishing sites started using  punycode characters  in URL to trick users, like this  " í "  -  called iacute. You are especially at risk when your system supports additional languages.Users of firefox can restrict this valnurability.  Put into URL field  "about:config" (without quoters) , hit "Enter" and set  "network.IDN_show_punycode" to "true". This is the preference to  display IDN domains as punycode which  makes  it possible to notice  malicious domains. So,  always pay attention on URL  of the site you are going to land.
pressing207

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:12:58 AM

Guys, give, please, the reference to the Russian branch of litecoin/
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:23:16 AM

Que?
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:41:50 PM

Tyler Winklevoss has weighed in on Litecoin:

https://www.inverse.com/article/41773-litecoin-tyler-winklevoss-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-billionaire

At a speaking event on Tuesday, Facebook pioneer and bitcoin billionaire Tyler Winklevoss took that point to its logical conclusion. By his reckoning, Litecoin isn’t the silver to bitcoin’s gold, or the Vegeta to bitcoin’s Goku, as coin creator and Dragon Ball Z fan Charlie Lee is fond of tweeting about. Rather, he said Litecoin is basically one big beta test for potential bitcoin features rather than an end in and of itself.

The technical term that Winklevoss used is “testnet,” which is any alternative bitcoin blockchain designed strictly for testing purposes. A testnet has its own coins, but this cryptocurrency is not supposed to accrue any actual value. Developers can experiment with the testnet without posing any actual risk to the all-important main bitcoin blockchain.

Of course, there’s a big difference between a testnet that has no value and Litecoin, which has a market capitalization of $11.8 billion.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
pressing207

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:51:10 PM

Que?
Russian link.Bitcointalk
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:20:45 PM

Que?
Russian link.Bitcointalk

There's a whole Russian sub board:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=10.0

If that's not what you're looking for, my answer is still "Que?" Smiley
Seren8

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:46:32 PM

Thanks for the replies about that scam site.

It was my friend that used it... new to cryptos, and got caught out with the Litecoin Cash split and moving his Litecoin about.
Lost 2.99LTC. Not much but all he had! Following the addresses he was not the only one by any means.

The wallet looks identical and suggested 12 seed words which he kept. Saw the LTC arrive there but next time he looked it was gone along with the wallet install folders. If he installs a new correct wallet and uses those seed words he gets into someone else's wallet... also now empty, but showing transactions.

Still you learn quick in this game! Be very careful.
dimao

Activity: 1162
Merit: 389

Keep Network

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:52:28 PM

https://www.inverse.com/article/41773-litecoin-tyler-winklevoss-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-billionaire

At a speaking event on Tuesday, Facebook pioneer and bitcoin billionaire Tyler Winklevoss took that point to its logical conclusion. By his reckoning, Litecoin isn’t the silver to bitcoin’s gold, or the Vegeta to bitcoin’s Goku, as coin creator and Dragon Ball Z fan Charlie Lee is fond of tweeting about. Rather, he said Litecoin is basically one big beta test for potential bitcoin features rather than an end in and of itself.

The technical term that Winklevoss used is “testnet,” which is any alternative bitcoin blockchain designed strictly for testing purposes. A testnet has its own coins, but this cryptocurrency is not supposed to accrue any actual value. Developers can experiment with the testnet without posing any actual risk to the all-important main bitcoin blockchain.

Of course, there’s a big difference between a testnet that has no value and Litecoin, which has a market capitalization of $11.8 billion.
Litecoin hold for more than a year, it does not grow particularly fast. I hope this year it will grow more than last year.

kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:56:17 PM

Litecoin hold for more than a year, it does not grow particularly fast. I hope this year it will grow more than last year.

Actually Litecoin boomed tremendously in the past 9 months. I remember it was around 40 last summer, while it is above 200 right now. Not to mention the spectacular pump and dump scheme where it reached ~300 and then Charlie Lee announced his sell off Smiley
In any case, this coin increased its value so much, that honestly i don't see any potential to continue growing rapidly with its current state and all the negative news lately (litepay, forks, etc.)
Disclaimer: I am a LTC holder

prasanna1992

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:00:36 PM

Has anyone used litecoin somewhere besides an exchange? Are there any online merchants or services that use them?

I think the idea of a GPU-hostile coin is interesting, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything more or better than bitcoin can.

The only thing that is "nice" is the shorter block times so I can get my coins to an exchange faster and this isn't really what should be called an improvement. Smiley
datguyian

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:03:03 PM

Litecoin+Monero = realy power of Crypto!  Cool
yes litecoin and monero doing great
but i think only price is making these two combine otherwise these two coin are separate from each other
litecoin will achive more then monero in the last few months
so my point of view litecoin is much more then monero

Comparing Litecoin to Monero doesn't really make a lot of sense as one is a privacy coin and the other is not. I am wondering though whether there are plans for Litecoin to be upgraded with some privacy tech?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
pressing207

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:10:18 PM

Que?
Russian link.Bitcointalk

There's a whole Russian sub board:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=10.0

If that's not what you're looking for, my answer is still "Que?" Smiley
Cпacибo. I cannot find LTC///Russian a forum.
TimofeiHabarov2807

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:26:16 AM

it is very unfortunate that faith in Litecoins was deceived. Maybe something else can change
RbiggerG

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:57:26 PM

Are you looking at different numbers than me? If you held Litecoin for more than a year you probably bought it for less than $4. That means your investment made you 5000%. Hm, if that isn't particularly fast growth, please tell me what is?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:40:42 PM

Are you looking at different numbers than me? If you held Litecoin for more than a year you probably bought it for less than $4. That means your investment made you 5000%. Hm, if that isn't particularly fast growth, please tell me what is?

tell me about it...I have 400 LTC sitting in a cold wallet for that very reason.....I need to hold for more than 1 year...at short term 40% capital gains plus the further 10% to my state
taxes if dumped before a year ..would be really, really ugly on coin I mined at less than $4.15 usd more or less (If I can last till around August and not move any to $$$)

rock=hard place...(need non-dubious asic equipment ..not likely...or need $300 to $400 buck LTC er a bit more likely than non-dubious asic equipment)

so we also serve who HODL and wait, I guess......

still ticked about the litepay not having consumer credit cards...if that puppy would have flown....we'd be at $400 plus LTC now ...(grumble...kicks can down road...grrrrrr)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
wangxiaoyan888666

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:46:29 AM

LTC is now more suitable for mining investment currency, but now the price to buy if the price is not low, can wait wait wait for a better time to start again. Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: