Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched!  (Read 1466348 times)
Angel Di

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

EVOS

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:50:27 AM

Yet another struggle at the border of 200 USD for our Litecoin just now...
Volume is up, price goes down, this is usually a messenger of unpleasant news...

Do you think it's not worth holding at this moment?

Nope, sell all. Trust me, I got this info from a random guy on the interwebs Wink
Simple question at me and why it is not necessary to sell in the nearest future? What such important has to occur during this period of time? And so of course it agrees, the coin is checked by time and perhaps has the right to live. And in general probably if there is growth, then only together with all coins together, together with the main growth as already usually we observed it in previous years.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:09:43 PM

Volume is up, price goes down, this is usually a messenger of unpleasant news...

Nope, sell all. Trust me, I got this info from a random guy on the interwebs Wink
Simple question at me and why it is not necessary to sell in the nearest future? What such important has to occur during this period of time? And so of course it agrees, the coin is checked by time and perhaps has the right to live. And in general probably if there is growth, then only together with all coins together, together with the main growth as already usually we observed it in previous years.

What the hell did I just read?  Shocked
RbiggerG

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:19:51 PM

Tyler Winklevoss has weighed in on Litecoin:

https://www.inverse.com/article/41773-litecoin-tyler-winklevoss-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-billionaire

At a speaking event on Tuesday, Facebook pioneer and bitcoin billionaire Tyler Winklevoss took that point to its logical conclusion. By his reckoning, Litecoin isn’t the silver to bitcoin’s gold, or the Vegeta to bitcoin’s Goku, as coin creator and Dragon Ball Z fan Charlie Lee is fond of tweeting about. Rather, he said Litecoin is basically one big beta test for potential bitcoin features rather than an end in and of itself.

The technical term that Winklevoss used is “testnet,” which is any alternative bitcoin blockchain designed strictly for testing purposes. A testnet has its own coins, but this cryptocurrency is not supposed to accrue any actual value. Developers can experiment with the testnet without posing any actual risk to the all-important main bitcoin blockchain.

Of course, there’s a big difference between a testnet that has no value and Litecoin, which has a market capitalization of $11.8 billion.
Litecoin hold for more than a year, it does not grow particularly fast. I hope this year it will grow more than last year.

Are you looking at different numbers than me? If you held Litecoin for more than a year you probably bought it for less than $4. That means your investment made you 5000%. Hm, if that isn't particularly fast growth, please tell me what is?

tell me about it...I have 400 LTC sitting in a cold wallet for that very reason.....I need to hold for more than 1 year...at short term 40% capital gains plus the further 10% to my state
taxes if dumped before a year ..would be really, really ugly on coin I mined at less than $4.15 usd more or less (If I can last till around August and not move any to $$$)

rock=hard place...(need non-dubious asic equipment ..not likely...or need $300 to $400 buck LTC er a bit more likely than non-dubious asic equipment)

so we also serve who HODL and wait, I guess......

still ticked about the litepay not having consumer credit cards...if that puppy would have flown....we'd be at $400 plus LTC now ...(grumble...kicks can down road...grrrrrr)

$400 might be possible but even Charlie himself said that he is quite surprised by the prices we have seen for LTC. Not sure how much of an impact consumer credit cards for litepay would really have.

True Spartan

Activity: 358
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:40:47 AM

I wish Gdax didn't freeze my account for the reasoning that I owe them 0.00$ I would really like to have access to my litecoin....
Spaniarder

Activity: 128
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:06:30 AM

Funny suggestion but it will work for all out of mind people who are looking for on this thread. Who don't remember that never anybody especially in long term investment who always lose and keep asking like that.

Not making decisions, just checking opinions)
As for me, not going to sell LTC anytime soon.

Everybody must take his/her own decisions, not based on the opinion of others. Rule #1 in crypto Smiley
Some say it is weak hands to sell while market is crashing; some say it smart ways to sell when market is crashing, so that you can buy the dip.
Choose wisely in anycase.

I agree with your opinion. All the risk is in your own hands and the decision to buy or sell as well.
Think before making a decision.  Cheesy

Well, that’s that, LTC lingers in people mind, some kind of anchoring effect, so they decide to HODL it at any circumstances.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:34:22 PM

I was wondering with ASICboost being made open source now for BTC Sha-256 miners...is that something that can eventually be adopted by LTC and/or scrypt-pow miners?

just curious

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:10:53 PM

This news about the decline of Litecoin is not that bad taking it in context with the current state of the market. We have had good times and we will have bad times but Litcoin's position in the market is assured as it is an the alternative to Bitcoin.

The world’s fifth-largest cryptocurrency plummeted to $160.43 at 6am, its lowest price since February 13 when it was $158.50, according to CoinMarketCap.
Although it rose to $176.13 at 1.09pm, the digital token still down 5.03 percent over the last 24 hours, as of 1.32pm.
https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/929507/Litecoin-price-drop-why-fallen-will-Litecoin-go-back-up-cryptocurrency-latest
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:44:07 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 10:06:03 PM by Searing

This news about the decline of Litecoin is not that bad taking it in context with the current state of the market. We have had good times and we will have bad times but Litcoin's position in the market is assured as it is an the alternative to Bitcoin.

The world’s fifth-largest cryptocurrency plummeted to $160.43 at 6am, its lowest price since February 13 when it was $158.50, according to CoinMarketCap.
Although it rose to $176.13 at 1.09pm, the digital token still down 5.03 percent over the last 24 hours, as of 1.32pm.
https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/929507/Litecoin-price-drop-why-fallen-will-Litecoin-go-back-up-cryptocurrency-latest

I've seen charts *unknown how legit* where all the dumps from 18k and downward of any major note...has been from the mt. gox trustee dumping BTC to USD for the settlement...

if that is the case...LTC and other alts are gonna go sideways at best..till that clears out...assuming LTC stays connected in price to BTC price....

so far I have read that the mt. gox trustee has dumped 500 million since nov/dec and has 1.5 billion dollars to go..and has stated they are trying to get the 'highest price possible'

we could see this go on for the rest of the year of sideways or down prices for all crypto ..if they follow BTC's lead on these dumps...

EDITED....

ADDED THE LINK BELOW:

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/03/09/trustee-triggers-second-major-bitcoin-price-crash-related-to-mt-gox/

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:01:52 PM

I've seen charts *unknown how legit* where all the dumps from 18k and downward of any major note...has been from the mt. gox trustee dumping BTC to USD for the settlement...

if that is the case...LTC and other alts are gonna go sideways at best..till that clears out...assuming LTC stays connected in price to BTC price....

so far I have read that the mt. gox trustee has dumped 500 million since nov/dec and has 1.5 billion dollars to go..and has stated they are trying to get the 'highest price possible'

we could see this go on for the rest of the year of sideways or down prices for all crypto ..if they follow BTC's lead on these dumps...

i finally got round to charting stuff earlier.. in light of what we know (160,000BTC still to sell by mt gox trustee)

My chart shows our 2018 channel for BTC to be highs of $10407 with lows of $6683...
so LTC... what searing says... sideways for a while to come.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:07:48 PM

i finally got round to charting stuff earlier.. in light of what we know (160,000BTC still to sell by mt gox trustee)

My chart shows our 2018 channel for BTC to be highs of $10407 with lows of $6683...

HEY...prove me wrong...I want to be 'full of sh*t' on much of what I say lately....alas, it has not been happening....I am distraught, ACK!

rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:10:59 PM

HEY...prove me wrong...I want to be 'full of sh*t' on much of what I say lately....alas, it has not been happening....I am distraught, ACK!

that's always been your problem bro... you think you must be full of shit and 99% of the time you are right on the money.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:14:59 AM

that's always been your problem bro... you think you must be full of shit and 99% of the time you are right on the money.

yeah...its a frigging curse..it messes up my unicorn/rainbow/fairy dust/Bambi loving view of what I want the crypto universe to be!....annoying...

datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:43:25 PM

Funny suggestion but it will work for all out of mind people who are looking for on this thread. Who don't remember that never anybody especially in long term investment who always lose and keep asking like that.

Everybody must take his/her own decisions, not based on the opinion of others. Rule #1 in crypto Smiley
Some say it is weak hands to sell while market is crashing; some say it smart ways to sell when market is crashing, so that you can buy the dip.

Depends of course when you sell while the market is crashing. If you hit the bottom with your sell order you are smashed. If you sell while it just starts to crash you might be off quite well. Always difficult to hit those movements perfectly. Better take profit when you are satisfied with your ROI.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:49:18 PM

Depends of course when you sell while the market is crashing. If you hit the bottom with your sell order you are smashed. If you sell while it just starts to crash you might be off quite well. Always difficult to hit those movements perfectly. Better take profit when you are satisfied with your ROI.

Yeah, exactly on spot! This time it seems that I sold the bottom, instead of buying it. Sold almost all of my litecoin holdings when it was around 130 euro 2 days ago, hoping that the downtrend will continue. Actually LTC jumped with 20 euros above. Still, I am waiting and wil not re-buy until the price goes near what I sold to at latest Smiley

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:03:06 AM

I have the tax man to pay...so somewhat clueless on when I'm gonna sell some LTC to cover for such...

I will inform you all here, I always sell at the low and buy at the high...so at least some of you can time your buys to match my

ugly sales...(its a gift!)

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:15:55 AM

i thought u were tax exempt after a year??

rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:32:55 AM

I have the tax man to pay...so somewhat clueless on when I'm gonna sell some LTC to cover for such...

I will inform you all here, I always sell at the low and buy at the high...so at least some of you can time your buys to match my

surely if you don't sell them, it's not yet money... just keep 'em in the wallet.
bitcoin8x

Activity: 65
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:28:43 AM

surely if you don't sell them, it's not yet money... just keep 'em in the wallet.
But it is money. You can pay with litecoin no problem. As long as you can use something to pay for something else, shouldn't it automatically be considered 'money'?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:57:49 PM

But it is money. You can pay with litecoin no problem. As long as you can use something to pay for something else, shouldn't it automatically be considered 'money'?

when you sell is the key.....if the price is high ...you sell ..to cover expenses...if the price is low you have to sell more

also in the USA cryptocurrencies are considered property...if you sell before 1 year and 1 day it is 40% on capital gains and 10% to my state taxes (more or less)

and it is 20% on capital gains and 10% tax man..in that most of my LTC was at around $4.15 as you can tell this is gonna suck!

by the by ..I'm retired and trying to live off ALT hoard (saving BTC hoard) for the next 3 years..with hopefully mining at least into Fall 2018 worst case

thus have to keep ahead of the taxes that MAY be do..month to month..don't want to be caught behind the curve to tax man..if mining stops and income from

such stuff stops...or again..if price is low more ALT coins out the door like LTC to cover that optional stuff like: food/heat/clothing/medical etc Smiley

RimmerAce

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:08:01 PM

What is happening with LitePay?
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: