Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:31:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-arbs.com - Update: dead HYIP, Refund progress: BTC-arbs still doing refunds  (Read 276778 times)
TD Games

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:11:11 PM

Did anyone received some earnings from referral already? I have like 20 referrals but didn't make any money of them...
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:41:51 PM

Did anyone received some earnings from referral already? I have like 20 referrals but didn't make any money of them...

I've stopped getting referral earnings, but it could be because my one referral withdrew funds.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
mystix

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:02:40 PM

Went to look at that Barclay's club site... Ow, my eyes. Can tell its got some Russian influence thats for sure.  Roll Eyes

Anyway.. The interest difference isn't as great as it first appears. 9.5% is promised. Within the FAQ you see that its 9.5% every business day. BTC-arbs works 7 days a week. So the interest is still greater on the Barclays site, but its not 10:1. Averaged out its more in the range of 5:1.

What site is that?  (URL please)

https://barclaysclub.com/

Note.. I have no knowledge or interest in that site. I just went to look at it after it was mentioned earlier in the thread here.

Also interesting to me is that theres a whole bunch of these services. I had no idea. They must go out of business regularly with as many as there are. There's probably at least a dozen active ones with a similar model. Looking at about 5 of them, about 1/2 accepted bitcoin as a form of deposit.

This makes me think its best to do for a short period of time, with funds that you don't really need back.
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:51:30 PM

Yeah, they have to carry a balance and be earning a return in order for you to see anything from having them as a referral.
Qwiner (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

Yeah, they have to carry a balance and be earning a return in order for you to see anything from having them as a referral.

Also, have U noticed that, btc-arbs.com, only show your BTC balance with 4 decimal places, eg. BTC0.1234. If any earnings is less than 4 decimal places, they will be ignored

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            █     ███           ███   ▄▄▄          █          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄███████████▄         ███     ███         ███    ███         ███         ██████████████▄
 ▄███▀       ▀█▀        █████     ███       ███     ███        █████        ███        ▀▀███
▄██▀                   ███ ███     ███     ███      ███       ███ ███       ███          ███
███                   ███   ███     ███   ███       ███      ███   ███      ███        ▄▄███
███                  ███     ███     ███ ███        ███     ███     ███     ██████████████▀
▀██▄                ███       ███     █████         ███    ███       ███    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ▀███▄       ▄█▄   ███         ███     ███          ███   ███         ███   ███      ▀███▄
   ▀███████████▀  ███           ███     █           ███  ███           ███  ███        ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███
                ███
▌  .
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:59:21 PM

Also, have U noticed that, btc-arbs.com, only show your BTC balance with 4 decimal places, eg. BTC0.1234. If any earnings is less than 4 decimal places, they will be ignored

Have you tested and verified they don't accumulate over days, and are just not visible?
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:26:17 PM

I'm guessing they probably just round it off, for the sake of simplicity. There have been slow days where one of my referrals gives me nothing at all, because it would have been beyond the four decimal place limit. I don't really care, it's pocket change. I'm not going to miss the 5 cents or less it represents lol Smiley
TD Games

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:38:46 PM

Well, that explains some things. If the referral earnings don't accumulate over days the treshold is pretty high.

Let's say 1% of profit, your referral needs a balance of at least 0.2 BTC to get you referral earnings (0.2*0.01*0.05 = 0.0001).
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:26:18 PM

Went to look at that Barclay's club site... Ow, my eyes. Can tell its got some Russian influence thats for sure.  Roll Eyes

Anyway.. The interest difference isn't as great as it first appears. 9.5% is promised. Within the FAQ you see that its 9.5% every business day. BTC-arbs works 7 days a week. So the interest is still greater on the Barclays site, but its not 10:1. Averaged out its more in the range of 5:1.

What site is that?  (URL please)

https://barclaysclub.com/

Note.. I have no knowledge or interest in that site. I just went to look at it after it was mentioned earlier in the thread here.

Also interesting to me is that theres a whole bunch of these services. I had no idea. They must go out of business regularly with as many as there are. There's probably at least a dozen active ones with a similar model. Looking at about 5 of them, about 1/2 accepted bitcoin as a form of deposit.

This makes me think its best to do for a short period of time, with funds that you don't really need back.

That one does look just like a Ponzi scheme.   There isn't even a story about how they manage the investments.   Thanks.
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:40:19 PM

I think the only significant referral income would come from people who decide to invest heavily in it and I think a lot of people are waiting for the site to establish a track record and some longevity, before they're willing to do that. Things seem to be going okay though, their daily reports and results are always in line with what has happened in the market. I watched very closely today and there was parity between BTC-e and Bitstamp, right up until around noon or so PST...so I was expecting a low percentage day. Then a spread opened up of about $15 for a window of time and having seen them talk about the opportunities they've had to rebalance thanks to the price parity the past couple of days, I figured they might be in a position to take advantage. Sure enough, this afternoon when I saw the report on the day's action, their comments reflected exactly that scenario. They'd set themselves up to profit from the move the past couple of days. It wasn't a huge spread, so the return wasn't giant...but it is directly in line with the market action and what's been said the past couple days. So that, to me, goes a long way toward demonstrating legitimacy.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:47:10 PM

I think the only significant referral income would come from people who decide to invest heavily in it and I think a lot of people are waiting for the site to establish a track record and some longevity, before they're willing to do that. Things seem to be going okay though, their daily reports and results are always in line with what has happened in the market. I watched very closely today and there was parity between BTC-e and Bitstamp, right up until around noon or so PST...so I was expecting a low percentage day. Then a spread opened up of about $15 for a window of time and having seen them talk about the opportunities they've had to rebalance thanks to the price parity the past couple of days, I figured they might be in a position to take advantage. Sure enough, this afternoon when I saw the report on the day's action, their comments reflected exactly that scenario. They'd set themselves up to profit from the move the past couple of days. It wasn't a huge spread, so the return wasn't giant...but it is directly in line with the market action and what's been said the past couple days. So that, to me, goes a long way toward demonstrating legitimacy.

In the long run, if they are really doing arbitration trades, the yields are going to go way down as the markets mature.   Of coarse if an exchange they are trading on goes under, there could also be a large loss.   
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:53:11 PM

In the long run, if they are really doing arbitration trades, the yields are going to go way down as the markets mature.   Of coarse if an exchange they are trading on goes under, there could also be a large loss.   

Yeah that's a risk, although they had the foresight to get out of Mt. Gox well before it went down, so they're no dummies. If one of the exchanges they use goes down, it'll affect a LOT of traders...so that's just one of the risks of trading Bitcoin online, period. BTC-e is totally anonymous and is still running fine, while Mt. Gox required account verifications and is in Chapter 15 now, with hundreds of millions lost. It's the wild west out there, right now.

However, New York just started taking applications for regulated exchanges to register there and that's going to add a new wrinkle to all of this, when those exchanges launch. I think it's likely that even more arbitrage opportunities with foreign exchanges will open up, because of that.

But yeah, long-term as the currency stabilizes in price, the exchanges will start to get a lot closer together and arbitrage won't be viable anymore...but I don't see the volatility decreasing until it's been widely adopted and the markets are a lot harder to move...and that's going to take years.
ferguson

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:16:40 AM

Sadly, I withdrew all my money but am still receiving commissions from referral daily interest.
I want to be in but the STP issue concerns me.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:59:09 AM

Ive got money with them.  Withdrawals are working.  Going to try and withdrawal my initial investment after a month and play with house money incase it is a scam.  Seems legit so far.  Interest is impressive.
mystix

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:04:47 PM

After adding up my returns I can see that they are indeed rounded as was suggested earlier. Thats fine, add that to how they make money. I'm still happy with the percentage they're offering.
longlivebitcoin

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:52:39 PM

i deposited with them yesterday. im getting interest already. decided to throw a little more btc at them and will let it ride out through the month. i will get be back with any problems i run into but so far so good
Exivo

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:47:24 PM

I just wanted to deposit some btcs because of the positive reviews today (approx. 5 hours ago).
After registration it says "mail for activation was sent" but I still haven't received anything. I tried it with another Nick and mail adress 10 minutes ago - also nothing.

Has anyone had these troubles before? Should we take them serious or is it just a failure of their mail system`?
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:54:29 PM

I just wanted to deposit some btcs because of the positive reviews today (approx. 5 hours ago).
After registration it says "mail for activation was sent" but I still haven't received anything. I tried it with another Nick and mail adress 10 minutes ago - also nothing.

Has anyone had these troubles before? Should we take them serious or is it just a failure of their mail system`?

Never got the activation email. Read here or somewhere else that it isn't necessary, is basically a "welcome". I was able to sign in and successfully deposit without it.
Qwiner (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:10:19 PM

So U haven't been following this thread, may be just the latest page?

We have previously discuss this issue. U are definitely not the 1st to have this problem

I would recommended U to read, for your concerns:

Please refer to post:
# 39 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474787.20 +
# 43 + 44 + 45 + 55 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474787.40

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            █     ███           ███   ▄▄▄          █          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄███████████▄         ███     ███         ███    ███         ███         ██████████████▄
 ▄███▀       ▀█▀        █████     ███       ███     ███        █████        ███        ▀▀███
▄██▀                   ███ ███     ███     ███      ███       ███ ███       ███          ███
███                   ███   ███     ███   ███       ███      ███   ███      ███        ▄▄███
███                  ███     ███     ███ ███        ███     ███     ███     ██████████████▀
▀██▄                ███       ███     █████         ███    ███       ███    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ▀███▄       ▄█▄   ███         ███     ███          ███   ███         ███   ███      ▀███▄
   ▀███████████▀  ███           ███     █           ███  ███           ███  ███        ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███
                ███
▌  .
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:32:42 PM

I don't believe I ever got the "welcome" e-mail either, however once your account is set up you should just be able to log in with your username and password. You don't need to follow a confirmation link or anything like that.

Fortunately, today they added two-factor authentication with Google Authenticator. So you can add that to your login for an extra layer of security.

Unfortunately, they couldn't take advantage of the decent spread between BTC-e and Bitstamp today...they didn't have fiat in BTC-e to do it, apparently (learned this via PM with Adam on the site). I assume it's because of the arbitrage on Tuesday and they're still waiting on wire transfers. That's the big bottleneck in Bitcoin arbitrage...moving cash. Yet another demonstration of how much better Bitcoin is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: