Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:48:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:50:17 PM

Can you guys please hook me up with more nodes ? I can't sync this fucker up beyond node 9114. Tried uninstalling, tried different machines, forwarding ports, even created a hotspot with my mobile phone. No dice.

I do have 4 connections to the network.

I mined quite a few of these coins but I cannot get my friggin wallet synced. It's driving me nuts. I've rarely have this much problems with a wallet....

It sounds like you need to update to the KGW (Kimoto's Gravity Well) wallet, the non-KGW wallet stops syncing close to Block 9108.

We addressed this issue back on page 19, it's the only problem that any users have reported (your post is the only one that has had trouble getting the wallet to sync since the update) about the wallet thus far and sounds exactly like the problem you are having. If you have already tried this and it didn't work, then we can offer better advice knowing that it wasn't this problem.

You can download the KGW wallet here: http://teamaircoin.org/download/

Our answer from page 19 is below:

My wallet doesnt seem to want to sync, it keeps saying "22 hours to catch up" I do have a connection to the network.

Did you update to 3.6.2 KGW?

http://teamaircoin.org/download/

Wallets that did not update to KGW will not be able to sync beyond a point close to block 9108. So far, this update has been the only replicatable problem we've had with wallets not being able to sync, so it is most likely that. Part of this was our fault for the lack of clarity around the release.

Otherwise, if you are certain it can be recommended that you delete your blocks, chainstate, and database folders (if you have a database folder) and then open the .exe again and let it attempt to re-sync from block 1.
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 11:01:07 PM

Can you guys please hook me up with more nodes ? I can't sync this fucker up beyond node 9114. Tried uninstalling, tried different machines, forwarding ports, even created a hotspot with my mobile phone. No dice.

I mined quite a few of these coins but I cannot get my friggin wallet synced. It's driving me nuts. I've rarely have this much problems with a wallet....

We already addressed your issue back on page 19, it's the only problem that any users have reported (your post is the only one that has had trouble getting the wallet to sync since the update) about the wallet thus far and sounds exactly like the problem you are having. If you have already tried this and it didn't work, then we can offer better advice knowing that it wasn't this problem.

My wallet doesnt seem to want to sync, it keeps saying "22 hours to catch up" I do have a connection to the network.

Wallets that did not update to KGW will not be able to sync beyond a point close to block 9108. So far, this update has been the only replicatable problem we've had with wallets not being able to sync, so it is most likely that. Part of this was our fault for the lack of clarity around the release.

Otherwise, if you are certain it can be recommended that you delete your blocks, chainstate, and database folders (if you have a database folder) and then open the .exe again and let it attempt to re-sync from block 1.

Yeah I know and you  PM'ed me too, which is much appreciated but alas, to no avail.
I've installed dozens of wallets and have never run into this before. That I'm the only one reporting this is even more puzzling. Oh well. I guess AIRcoin is not to be for me. Those couple of hundred coins are lost then. Unless someone wants to buy my wallet .dat, lol

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:03:22 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 11:17:23 PM by AIRcoin

We already addressed your issue back on page 19, it's the only problem that any users have reported (your post is the only one that has had trouble getting the wallet to sync since the update) about the wallet thus far and sounds exactly like the problem you are having. If you have already tried this and it didn't work, then we can offer better advice knowing that it wasn't this problem.

Yeah I know and you  PM'ed me too, which is much appreciated but alas, to no avail.
I've installed dozens of wallets and have never run into this before. That I'm the only one reporting this is even more puzzling. Oh well. I guess AIRcoin is not to be for me. Those couple of hundred coins are lost then. Unless someone wants to buy my wallet .dat, lol

What system are you using? Did you delete the blocks, chainstate, and database folders and then open the .exe again to let it completely resync? It may be worth attempt to recompile your own wallet.

We have developers who will work with you to make sure you can sync. I'm having one of them PM you now so, if my general advice doesn't work, he can be more specific.
AIRcoin Proteus

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:20:13 PM

Yeah I know and you  PM'ed me too, which is much appreciated but alas, to no avail.

I'm on it.  It seems one of the developers using AIRCOINDEV O has tried to solve this before, so I'll take a look at it using those notes.  Check your PM in 2 minutes please.

-- Proteus, Lead Developer
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:47:32 PM

I love these developers.
Keep it up!
This is what makes a coin unique and worth investing in.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:37:46 AM

I had that problem on the windows wallet... I assume there is a database-check that goes on, without telling you, which stalls the downloading. Eventually, it continued, and quickly pulled a bigger list of peers.

Chances are, you got to the end, on the chain, and picked-up one partial bad block from someone who didn't have the update. All wallets seem to have issues not being able to go backwards through the database, and remove blocks, in order to go forward again. (That is one of those situations where you have to delete the whole damn database, and download it again. Or, restore from a backup which was more complete, but did not contain the fork-block itself, or any other forward-blocks on that fork.)

That, is one thing the devs can look into. Since no wallet, to date, has been able to do that. (It sees the other fork, which is longer/taller or more-populated, but it never joins it. Or it does, but never rebuilds from the point of the fork. Causes YOU to be rejected by the network, and you to reject them for failing to accept you. Tongue Each thinks the other is "misbehaving". Returning you to the bad fork, or leaving you alone with others who are all stuck at the same point.)
flinchy

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:01:04 AM

wow hash rate is climbing nice and steady!

i need to get back on it ASAP... just gotta hit my 10m zeitcoin goal haha
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:37:09 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 05:58:44 PM by Sprite160

Quick question to miners.. Do you prefer Proportional or PPLNS payout system in a pool, and why? We are willing to listen to miners when it comes to our pool.air.carbonshark.com

1% Mining Fee, PPLNS, VARDIFF

We need more miners in this pool

No Withdraw Fees

Come on in and join the mining. This coin is on it's way!!

flinchy

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:06:59 AM

Quick question to miners.. Do you prefer Proportional or PPLNS payout system in a pool, and why? We are willing to listen to miners when it comes to our pool.air.carbonshark.com

PPLNS

means the 24hr miners /people who stick to the pool get better payouts haha
Sprite160

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:24:03 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 05:59:18 PM by Sprite160

PPLNS

means the 24hr miners /people who stick to the pool get better payouts haha

One vote PPLNS

No Withdraw Fees

Sprite160

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:26:16 AM

I'm trying to setup stratum-mining, but when testing I can't seem to connect to the pool at all

help please!

Thanks!

Where did you download the miner?

Chucky1976

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:26:29 AM

Look another coin!!
Sprite160

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:27:51 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 05:59:45 PM by Sprite160

I'm trying to setup stratum-mining, but when testing I can't seem to connect to the pool at all

help please!

Thanks!

Are you trying to setup your own stratum server, or just connect to stratum?

No Withdraw Fees

Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:42:29 AM

help please!

Thanks!

I assume airpool.org is a new pool you are trying to setup

it appears the stratum server is running on airpool.org port 3333, I think using minerd is your problem.  I don't believe minerd works with scrypt, pretty sure it is only for quark-based coins.

**EDIT** - I see post above -- your stratum server is running, if it is not serving work it means your wallet configuration is incorrect, wallet is not running or wallet is not yet fully synchronized with the network
rygamble

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:07:11 AM

Devs, what made you pick regular scrypt over scrypt-n or scrypt-jane? I know you've thought heavily about the future roadmap of this coin, but wouldn't being ASIC-resistant be a plus?
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:19:30 AM

help please!

Thanks!

I assume airpool.org is a new pool you are trying to setup

it appears the stratum server is running on airpool.org port 3333, I think using minerd is your problem.  I don't believe minerd works with scrypt, pretty sure it is only for quark-based coins.

**EDIT** - I see post above -- your stratum server is running, if it is not serving work it means your wallet configuration is incorrect, wallet is not running or wallet is not yet fully synchronized with the network

Did you make the following change?

One final edit should be to edit: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/stratum-0.2.13-py2.7.egg/stratum/websocket_transport.py

Change:

from autobahn.websocket import WebSocketServerProtocol, WebSocketServerFactory
To:

from autobahn.twisted.websocket import WebSocketServerProtocol, WebSocketServerFactory
Now everything is setup and we should be able to test things.
esotericizm

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:41:16 AM

restart stratum after making that last edit

also have you allowed the port through your firewall?

Code:
ufw allow 3333
esotericizm

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:56:18 AM

restart stratum after making that last edit

also have you allowed the port through your firewall?

Code:
ufw allow 3333

Thank you!!!!! a server reboot worked like a charm & it is working now!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

awesome Cheesy

Just added a new card to my rig. Gotta get dat air before it hits an exchange and diff rises.
lenco

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:32:39 AM

Devs, what made you pick regular scrypt over scrypt-n or scrypt-jane? I know you've thought heavily about the future roadmap of this coin, but wouldn't being ASIC-resistant be a plus?
totally agree
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:32:24 AM

AIRcoin.conf
Code:
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=user*
rpcpassword=pass**
rpcport=1630
port=1631
rpcconnect=localhost
gen=0
testnet=0
addnode=107.170.20.200
addnode=188.226.182.21

Stratum mining config.py
Code:
CENTRAL_WALLET = 'ADDRESS'                # Local coin address where money goes

COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_HOST = 'localhost'
COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_PORT = 1630
COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_USER = 'AIRcoinrpc'
COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_PASSWORD = 'PASSWORD'

# Coin algorithm is the option used to determine the algorithm used by stratum
# This currently works with POW and POS coins
# The available options are:
# scrypt, sha256d, scrypt-jane, skeinhash, and quark
# If the option does not meet either of these criteria stratum defaults to scrypt
# For Coins which support TX Messages please enter yes in the TX selection
COINDAEMON_ALGO = 'scrypt'
COINDAEMON_TX = 'no'

# ******************** BASIC SETTINGS ***************
# Backup Coin Daemon address's (consider having at least 1 backup)
# You can have up to 99

#COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_HOST_1 = 'localhost'
#COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_PORT_1 = 8332
#COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_USER_1 = 'user'
#COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_PASSWORD_1 = 'somepassword'

#COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_HOST_2 = 'localhost'
#COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_PORT_2 = 8332
#COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_USER_2 = 'user'
#COINDAEMON_TRUSTED_PASSWORD_2 = 'somepassword'

# ******************** GENERAL SETTINGS ***************
# Set process name of twistd, much more comfortable if you run multiple processes on one machine
STRATUM_MINING_PROCESS_NAME= 'twistd-stratum-mining'

I am guessing you did this intentionally in your post, but the RPC user and pass you have specified in AIRcoin.conf do not match what you have in config.py for your stratum server.

You are also missing the wallet address in config.py (maybe that was also intentional, although it is safe to post that on a forum)

Also, try using your actual IP address for rpcconnnect line in your AIRcoin.conf (or, just remove that line completely), and also in your config.py for stratum.  Not sure why, but I have found some coins just don't like using 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

You are also missing rpcallowip in your AIRcoin.conf, should look something like this:

Code:
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=AIRcoinuser
rpcpassword=somethingreallylongandrandom
rpcallowip=your.stratum.server.ipaddress
rpcport=1630
port=1631
addnode=107.170.20.200
addnode=188.226.182.21
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: