Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:15:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137218 times)
Real_GM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:40:33 AM

Great news! Going to cast my vote on the exchanges.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:34:21 AM

As a miner, I'm quite content waiting a while to get on an exchange. Right now this coin is still flying under the radar, and the difficulty is low.
Now is the accumulation period. It's time to mine/buy while the difficulty/price is low.

+1

I dont know about you guys but I get about 6-8 aircoins/day at 2.3MHs. Isnt this just too low? Unless the coin is going to be at least $10 each this doesnt make economic sense at this moment in time. It is crazy that there are 1 billion to be mined, this may take foreeeever. Or am I missing something?

You're missing the part where the number of initial coins needs to be 1 billion so that their 0.25% premine seems small when actually it is more coins than will be mined during the first 2.5 years of mining.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:52:24 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 07:05:40 AM by TheMightyX

As a miner, I'm quite content waiting a while to get on an exchange. Right now this coin is still flying under the radar, and the difficulty is low.
Now is the accumulation period. It's time to mine/buy while the difficulty/price is low.

+1

I dont know about you guys but I get about 6-8 aircoins/day at 2.3MHs. Isnt this just too low? Unless the coin is going to be at least $10 each this doesnt make economic sense at this moment in time. It is crazy that there are 1 billion to be mined, this may take foreeeever. Or am I missing something?

You're missing the part where the number of initial coins needs to be 1 billion so that their 0.25% premine seems small when actually it is more coins than will be mined during the first 2.5 years of mining.

I also find it alarming that we are trusting the developers with $1,897,500 dollars worth of BTC if people believe their projections.
Opening exchange rates are expected at .00115 BTC/AIR, based off of current regression to the mean trends of .00002000 bitcoin-equivalent-per-kilohash-per-day, assuming a moderate difficulty (2 to 20) before entering an exchange. A higher launch difficulty will result in a higher exchange rate to return to the competitive mean.
This means nothing by the way. Whats their incentive to keep going? Why not just sell all the coins and retire to the bahamas?

People, we really need to ask ourselves; is a coin with a cap of 1,000,000,000 going to be released and be worth 0.00115 off the spot?
That would put the market cap at 1,150,000 BTC.... thats $759,000,000

ON DAY ONE!

Reeeaaaallly?

A coin with:
  • No new features
  • No accountability (identification, recourse)
  • No valid use except as a speculative asset

Come on people, lets be realistic here. A few satoshi's sure, but .00115 BTC/AIR?
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:44:19 AM

If you believe  the premine  " is exclusively for an investment pool that will day trade the coin ..." then this coin may be the best investment in recent cryptocoins, with the potential to grow in value better than others, as long as the DEV´s keep doing their job.

If you believe the DEV's will dump their 2,500,000 coins at the best opportunity, then it will be just like almost any other coin out there, and I have lost nothing other than a little bit of my time.

I choose to believe the first option, as the DEV seems to be enlightened and intelligent enough see that long term rewards are better than the short term option, however I might be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time to happen.  Cool

Hoping for the best....but prepared for the worst!

Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:27:29 AM

If you believe  the premine  " is exclusively for an investment pool that will day trade the coin ..." then this coin may be the best investment in recent cryptocoins, with the potential to grow in value better than others, as long as the DEV´s keep doing their job.

If you believe the DEV's will dump their 2,500,000 coins at the best opportunity, then it will be just like almost any other coin out there, and I have lost nothing other than a little bit of my time.

I choose to believe the first option, as the DEV seems to be enlightened and intelligent enough see that long term rewards are better than the short term option, however I might be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time to happen.  Cool

+1

TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:10:41 AM

I don't really doubt that they will follow through on their promise at least initially.
But when and if that fund grows to $10,000,000 then what?
When we start getting in to that kind of money, things like morals and ethics have no place.
This is blind trust. In fact this is less than blind trust because for 50,000 years we know humans have been humans and will continue to be humans. This is trusting that just this once, humans will not be human.

Yes, this is the time guys.

You will have "lost nothing" but allowed someone to gain everything through untruthful means and profit off of your apathy. You will have supported a great fruitless endeavor. Don't demand accountability, because that would be hard. Who wants to make the world a better place anyway.

We KNOW scammers are gonna scam, but lets just trust them not to because they promised us
 Roll Eyes

Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:40:06 AM

I have no trouble agreeing with you X, when money  pile up, ethics usually start to go down. True.... but not always.

What is your solution then? How are we going to reward the DEV Team? or to you think that creating and supporting something should not be rewarded? Don't get me wrong  TheMightyX, I understand your concerns and  share them, but what would be a better solution?

No matter what, you always need to trust at a point, trust that the doctor will not forget a pair of scissors inside your belly, trust that your wife doesn´t fool around with some other guy (or girl), trust that your kid is not smoking something funny, you name it.

This is no different, and if the DEV's make a pile of money, as long as i make some too, i´m happy. After all it was their idea, their initiative, their work... i´m just following along.
mudshark79

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:47:58 AM

I have no trouble agreeing with you X, when money  pile up, ethics usually start to go down. True.... but not always.

What is your solution then? How are we going to reward the DEV Team? or to you think that creating and supporting something should not be rewarded? Don't get me wrong  TheMightyX, I understand your concerns and  share them, but what would be a better solution?

No matter what, you always need to trust at a point, trust that the doctor will not forget a pair of scissors inside your belly, trust that your wife doesn´t fool around with some other guy (or girl), trust that your kid is not smoking something funny, you name it.

This is no different, and if the DEV's make a pile of money, as long as i make some too, i´m happy. After all it was their idea, their initiative, their work... i´m just following along.

I don't think that a dumping-out option at some future point is the intended mean of reward for the dev team  Roll Eyes - on the other hand It's clear that they will reward themselves for the work done.

@teamaircoin: How do you reward yourself for the work done? Is there some kind of salary? Do you intend to use the pre mined funds for this? Sorry if this maybe is covered somewhere in whitepaper or somewhere in this thread and I'm not aware at the moment...
mudshark79

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:12:25 PM

People, we really need to ask ourselves; is a coin with a cap of 1,000,000,000 going to be released and be worth 0.00115 off the spot?

ON DAY ONE!

Reeeaaaallly?

A coin with:
  • No new features

Come on people, lets be realistic here. A few satoshi's sure, but .00115 BTC/AIR?

Interesting Point... the market-cap that results out of this parameters will produce a decent buzz ... also if I don't believe, that this will keep people from accepting the given price, if the developers manage to keep it stable at this rate. At least there is no single entity that could dump other than the devs themselves.

Look at AUR, it didn't keep people from buying even though everybody knew (or maybe not everybody Tongue) what is going to happen and that the marketcap is artificially distorted. Do I trust 200.000 Icelanders more than a dev team :-)?   

The "no new features" point could be debated - also if it's right that "stable rising market price" isn't a feature of the coin itself but a feature of the endeavour as a whole.

Regards
mudshark79

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:25:03 PM

hope this manages to get on an exchange soon. Need more hash

If this is listed on an exchange with a trading API multipools will rape it.
This coin has no protection from multipools.
It is going to be very hard for the devs to follow through with their plan if there is a constant downward pressure on the price.

We need better KGW implementation, some algoritm similar to what DarkCoin has - controlled by Moore's law, extremely efficient, effectively will rule multis out.

I'm also not sure if the KGW implementataion at this point reacts "quick" enough if a multipool jumps of the ship. Will leave the miners stuck the heights of long block times for days. The Hashrate going down from ~300 to >200, the difficulty took more than one day to readjust, not even clear if this adjustment is finished already. But I think things like that can be readjusted later on also.

On the other hand maybe this is just my subjective conception, this graph tells something different, doesn't it?:

http://i59.tinypic.com/1g0hz.jpg

Also what Darkcoin does is an adjustment of the block reward, KGW is on the difficulty, correct me if wrong. And btw - It's not this "moores law thing" what is keeping the multis away at this time but the hashing-algorithm used, right? Aircoin will have other means of adjusting the block reward and this will not be fixed like in darkcoin but can be adjusted on purpose by teamaircoin - correct me if wrong again.

luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:55:17 PM

It is going to be very hard for the devs to follow through with their plan if there is a constant downward pressure on the price.

We need better KGW implementation, some algoritm similar to what DarkCoin has - controlled by Moore's law, extremely efficient, effectively will rule multis out.

I'm also not sure if the KGW implementataion at this point reacts "quick" enough if a multipool jumps of the ship. Will leave the miners stuck the heights of long block times for days. The Hashrate going down from ~300 to >200, the difficulty took more than one day to readjust, not even clear if this adjustment is finished already. But I think things like that can be readjusted later on also.

On the other hand maybe this is just my subjective conception, this graph tells something different, doesn't it?:

Also what Darkcoin does is an adjustment of the block reward, KGW is on the difficulty, correct me if wrong. And btw - It's not this "moores law thing" what is keeping the multis away at this time but the hashing-algorithm used, right? Aircoin will have other means of adjusting the block reward and this will not be fixed like in darkcoin but can be adjusted on purpose by teamaircoin - correct me if wrong again.

Good spot, you're mostly right.
I believe Dark's algo keeps multis/whale away, with such rapid changes it doesn't make sense to switch, they can rape several blocks max and it's over.

Something as agressive is needed here, otherwise Air traders will have to fight dumpers all the time.
mudshark79

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:07:06 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 01:22:58 PM by mudshark79

http://i59.tinypic.com/1g0hz.jpg

Good spot, you're mostly right.
I believe Dark's algo keeps multis/whale away, with such rapid changes it doesn't make sense to switch, they can rape several blocks max and it's over.

Something as agressive is needed here, otherwise Air traders will have to fight dumpers all the time.

The point i wanted to make (and for this point it doesn't matter which hashing-algo you use):

it's 2 different knobs you can play around with:
1. dynamic difficulty readjustment, KGW being one example
2. dynamic block reward readjustment (like DRK has implemented a dynamic readjustment at a "fixed rate" or HVC pretends to have implemented a dynamic readjustment based on voting - once they get their shit done  Lips sealed )

It seems that most people think of this being the same thing somehow and that it has stgh. to do with "keeping multipools away" which simply isn't right or is at least a big oversimplification. Makes me wonder what all those people mining crypto really "learned" while hodling their vanishing-wealth and laughing at typos  Roll Eyes

And pardon me for this unjust generalization.
tic-tac-totoro

Activity: 287

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:11:37 PM

Any update on pitythepool?
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Hey Everyone! We can start casting our votes to get AIRcoin on exchanges!

MintPal: https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Cryptorush: https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote

And remember, they accept bribes!

MintPal ==> 1PGLEbSBWRQx8Vyjx3AjwRkzm1PrRxXBFH
CryptoRush ==> 1ErL7SVX52Kh2T3tWrmVTCoZR3TS5FWVN4

MintPal has added AIRcoin at our request, and it is our preferred exchange. We ask that you put your votes toward that exchange, although a launch that doesn't necessitate voting would be preferable.
Bambouca

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:26:37 PM

Wanna sell 1 Air just write me a Massage with your offer Smiley
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:27:33 PM

Wanna sell 1 Air just write me a Massage with your offer Smiley

How much do you want ? Cheesy hehe I don`t know if I have enought

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Alpinist

Activity: 146

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:08:12 PM

WTS 200AIR. pm me with offers.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:12:20 PM

selling 20 air, for 0.05
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:14:21 PM

I also find it alarming that we are trusting the developers with $1,897,500 dollars worth of BTC if people believe their projections.
Opening exchange rates are expected at .00115 BTC/AIR, based off of current regression to the mean trends of .00002000 bitcoin-equivalent-per-kilohash-per-day, assuming a moderate difficulty (2 to 20) before entering an exchange. A higher launch difficulty will result in a higher exchange rate to return to the competitive mean.
This means nothing by the way. Whats their incentive to keep going? Why not just sell all the coins and retire to the bahamas?

ON DAY ONE!

Reeeaaaallly?

A coin with:
  • No new features

You know I didn't even consider this until you brought it up. That would put it right at the #2 spot on coinmarketcap. This premine is enormous. The worst are the people who PMd me when I was trying to buy some AIRcoin at first , quoting prices of 0.002 BTC/ AIR ... Unbelievable.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
eightspaces

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:16:50 PM

selling 20 air, for 0.05

wtb for 0.01
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: