Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:29:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137213 times)
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:44:02 PM

Code:
Est Next Difficulty 	7.46168738 (Change in 79 Blocks)

People seem to notice the coin and are getting on the train. I expect a huge rise in difficulty soon.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LeFiste

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:46:35 PM

Net hashrate is rising.
260MHps already.

Yep, It's increasing rapidly since the announcement of the first confirmed exchange!

I feared this moment would come for a long time Sad Good bye 4.8 difficulty.

We need more hashrate at miningpool.co ! It's a great pool which offers a variety of stats and graphs that are really different from the standard pool set up !

I mined AIRcoin since day one. Had to stop mining for a few days, but yesterday I pointed my rig at AIRcoin again...sorry for the sudden diff. increase  Wink On the other hand, you have to see the positive aspect of a high diff.: AIRcoin is gaining attention and by hitting an exchange, we now know we weren't only mining nothing but the hot, thin air our rigs are producing  Grin

AIRCOINDEV O

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Proteus?

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 02:58:20 PM

Net hashrate is rising.
260MHps already.

Yep, It's increasing rapidly since the announcement of the first confirmed exchange!

I feared this moment would come for a long time Sad Good bye 4.8 difficulty.

We need more hashrate at miningpool.co! It's a great pool which offers a variety of stats and graphs that are really different from the standard pool set up !

I agree, more people should join miningpool.co to redistribute the hash power of the network a bit!  

We are keeping a steady eye (many pairs of steady eyes) on Poloniex's current state due to recent events involving deposit security concerns.  For those who are not aware of the issue, you may read about and comment about it (as per the helpful link provided earlier in the thread by sussex) here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499580.680 Smiley

"Let's make money out of AIR,".  - an AIRcoin user
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:28:34 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 04:40:59 PM by Sprite160

1% Mining Fee, PPLNS, VARDIFF

We need more miners in this pool

No Withdraw Fees

Come on in and join the mining. This coin is on it's way!!

AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:08:35 PM

Hashrates have spiked to over 260 MH/s, it's likely we'll break a new record by the time we open.

The current difficulty sits at 5.918, putting the mining opportunity price exactly at .002 BTC/AIR or $1.28 USD/AIR @ 640 USD/BTC
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:17:02 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 04:55:44 PM by TheMightyX

Wall of text
- Alexander
I won't counter your points as it's getting tiring. I pointed out some concerns in my original post, you wrote a quite eloquent reply addressing everything BUT the main concern. That concern was the matter of recourse, accountability and security for the community in general. Please don't insult me by implying that I am trying to get cheap aircoins by spreading misinformation. As anyone can read in my posts I am not posting false facts or accusations but concerns and my experiences in general. Yes you appear to know your stuff and for all purposes it looks like you will act as you intend to. I mentioned, twice I believe, that I don't think you are malicious in intent (at least not now). I believe you have every intention of going forward with the plan. If I made it seem like a personal attack on you then I apologize. It is only because I feel so strongly about the crypto community that I want it to succeed.

What I think you are failing to realize, which I do find ironic (given your enlightened nature when it comes to the cryptocurrency world) is why I brought up my concerns and continued to do so even after your response. Things were "all fine for awhile" as you put it because I put the matter down hoping that you or your team would step up and volunteer a solution. You did not and continued on like nothing was or is wrong with this whole picture. Hence my continued posting. I spread my time very thinly over the forums so if you don't see me posting here every day it is not because "everything is fine". Saying "if you don't like it you can go somewhere else" is a cop out and you know it.

You have failed to see that you are providing the cryptocurrency community a disservice.
In fact you are a negative influence on the community in general.

Even if you are not malicious, which again I don't believe you are, you are teaching people that it is ok to trust anonymous people with large sums of money on their word, with no recourse should things go wrong.

A lot of the people blindly supporting this project are new to the community or don't know any better. You are teaching them that a centralized manipulative authority is ok. You are also teaching them that it is also ok this authority is run by anonymous people with no oversight or legal framework.

Lets say you are true to your word, indefinitely. What about the next project that comes along, using your model? What if they say "it worked for aircoin so it will work for us as well!", people mine and invest in it. Then what if the developers of that coin turn out to be malicious and dump the coin, killing it and ruining everyones investment of time and money. There would then be some ownness on you, for helping to legitimize a system where these actions can flourish with no recourse.

This is not why we created cryptocurrencies. Believe it or not, they werent just created for everyone to "get rich quick". They were created to solve real-world problems with the financial system and trust-based systems in general. Cryptocurrencies were created as a trustless means of commerce.

These are problems that you are not alleviating but exacerbating.
For someone who wrote a whole paper on the problems with the cryptocurrency community in general I would think that this concern would and should be shared by you. But I guess when you stand to make a lot of money from it, those concerns are not convenient are they? It is also not convenient for anyone else to have those concerns.

Lastly you haven't even told people how much you are going to pay yourself out of this "investment fund". So you will just decide that yourself at a later date I guess?
If the fund is worth 10 million then why not pay yourself 200k a year, hell, lets just make it 300k to be fair Wink
What happens if the people don't like how much you decide to pay yourself?
Fun fact: because you can pay yourself out of the undefined profits listed on a third party exchange (that no one but yourself will have access to) we won't even know how much you end up paying yourself! We will have to take your word.

Progress!
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:30:43 PM

TheMightyX, just out of curiosity , are you the user hashing away AIRcoins at the OKaypool that goes with the name of.... themightyx?
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:57:22 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 07:09:04 PM by AIRcoin

Wall of text
- Alexander
I won't counter your points as it's getting tiring. I pointed out some concerns in my original post, you wrote a quite eloquent reply addressing everything BUT the main concern. That concern was the matter of recourse, accountability and security for the community in general. Please don't insult me by implying that I am trying to get cheap aircoins by spreading misinformation. As anyone can read in my posts I am not posting false facts or accusations but concerns and my experiences in general. Yes you appear to know your stuff and for all purposes it looks like you will act as you intend to. I mentioned, twice I believe, that I don't think you are malicious in intent (at least not now). I believe you have every intention of going forward with the plan. If I made it seem like a personal attack on you then I apologize. It is only because I feel so strongly about the crypto community that I want it to succeed.

What I think you are failing to realize, which I do find ironic (given your enlightened nature when it comes to the cryptocurrency world) is why I brought up my concerns and continued to do so even after your response. Things were "all fine for awhile" as you put it because I put the matter down hoping that you or your team would step up and volunteer a solution. You did not and continued on like nothing was or is wrong with this whole picture. Hence my continued posting. I spread my time very thinly over the forums so if you don't see me posting here every day it is not because "everything is fine". Saying "if you don't like it you can go somewhere else" is a cop out and you know it.

You have failed to see that you are providing the cryptocurrency community a disservice.
In fact you are a negative influence on the community in general.

Even if you are not malicious, which again I don't believe you are, you are teaching people that it is ok to trust anonymous people with large sums of money on their word, with no recourse should things go wrong.

A lot of the people blindly supporting this project are new to the community or don't know any better. You are teaching them that a centralized manipulative authority is ok. You are also teaching them that it is also ok this authority is run by anonymous people with no oversight or legal framework.

Lets say you are true to your word, indefinitely. What about the next project that comes along, using your model? What if they say "it worked for aircoin so it will work for us as well!", people mine and invest in it. Then what if the developers of that coin turn out to be malicious and dump the coin, killing it and ruining everyones investment of time and money. There would then be some ownness on you, for helping to legitimize a a system where these actions can flourish with no recourse.

This is not why we created cryptocurrencies. Believe it or not, they werent just created for everyone to "get rich quick". They were created to solve real-world problems with the financial system and trust-based systems in general. Cryptocurrencies were created as a trustless means of commerce.

These are problems that you are not alleviating but exacerbating.
For someone who wrote a whole paper on the problems with the cryptocurrency community in general I would think that this concern would and should be shared by you. But I guess when you stand to make a lot of money from it, those concerns are not convenient are they? It is also not convenient for anyone else to have those concerns.

Lastly you haven't even told people how much you are going to pay yourself out of this "investment fund". So you will just decide that yourself at a later date I guess?
If the fund is worth 10 million then why not pay yourself 200k a year, hell, lets just make it 300k to be fair Wink
What happens if the people don't like how much you decide to pay yourself?
Fun fact: because you can pay yourself out of the undefined profits listed on a third party exchange (that no one but yourself will have access to) we won't even know how much you end up paying yourself! We will have to take your word.

Progress!

Your problem is with our opinions and how they conflict with your opinions, not our coin and its mechanism of action. But, this is a good post, and worth a real response. But this response, because it is opinion and not about the mechanism of the coin, is mine alone and not reflected by the business of AIRcoin. Such things, as stated before, are marked with "-Alexander" at the end of the post.

5 years.

The bitcoin community has had 5 years to legitimize itself, a lifetime in the world of software (even operating systems don't last that long!). The end result is an unstable, bubbling community that, in 3 months, is very likely to be shut down entirely (we know it's going to end in 3-4 months, with certainty, unless something changes), and will be ended by a giant, aging architecture that existed decades before Bitcoin was even thought of. Is it successful in being a "trustless" means of commerce? No. Definitely not. You demonstrate in your post the importance of trust when it comes to supporting such an idea. But worse, we fear that it hasn't become a true "means of commerce" either.

If the community wants to survive, there needs to be recourse, and you are completely right about that. And right now, development teams, none of them, have true accountability. Bitcoin, Litecoin, and most if not all Altcoins have the same anonymity and lack of accountability that you see in AIRcoin. They are allowed to pump and unashamedly dump, and that includes the massive amounts of Bitcoin being held by only a few individuals. They are allowed to run exchanges with gaping security holes, and they are able to steal hundreds of BTC from online wallets. What is the greater evil? Giving competent teams a chance to prove their legitimacy, or being "secure in knowing that your investment is, clearly, part of a scam like Pandacoin was? Is it better to have honor among thieves, or distrust among friends?

"Centralized manipulation" is management. Not all management is manipulation. Anyone who believes that centralized manipulation is, at its core, wrong, would have to be an absolute anarchist, and no forms of government exist without manipulation (The government has to be able to "manipulate", or it has no power at all), that's the reality of it. We know that in order to get the most effect out of nearly any endeavor, it requires leadership. Decision. Action. This puts power in someone else's hands, and that sovereignty has been the topic of debate for years, from Martin Luther to the Magna Carta to Leviathan to Jesus Christ, the same question "Why should anyone have power if they could abuse it?" has remained. The difference between the word "management" and "manipulation" comes down to intent. A company frauds their customers out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, and its "manipulation". A company cannot pay back debts of hundreds of thousands of dollars and ends up bankrupt, and its "mis-management". The point we're trying to make is that management or leadership is not inherently wrong.

While the following paragraph is an idea under wraps, I think it's appropriate now to explain it. I, Alexander, have been drafting a series of documents with the teams behind other coins to form an agreement among the best cryptocoin developers of the formation of a transparent alliance among developers who will pool resources in order to reform the community in a way that will not be seen as an enemy of powers far larger than this community. A code of conduct that gives clear instructions that allow the users of a coin to effectively strengthen or destroy coins that violate the best interests of the community. In other words, we are trying to provide incentive for development teams that stick to their word, equal or greater to the incentive to dump. Those developers then can share knowledge, contacts, support, advice, and most importantly, conduct in hopes of legitimizing the technology. We have 3 months to either legitimize ourselves, or face the death of this market. That's it. That's the game. No one on my team is willing to risk that, we're too heavily involved in this coin, and we are trying to move as fast as possible toward it.

But in one respect, you are right, other users may accept our word on faith and not without understanding the system. And that (I can completely agree with you and stand with you arm-in-arm against) is bad. That's why I'm still posting here, why we answer questions and encourage them, and why we recommend to those who simply cannot trust our coin to avoid it. It's not an easy position to be in, and when your posts are relatively on-point (such as this one) I hope that it strengthens our position. We can't be completely transparent, because we have to protect ourselves too. It doesn't help that our pools claims to have suffered DDOS attacks, or that we have only limited control over what people can do with our code. Transparency is a balance between protecting our identities and business, and providing good knowledge. If we were any other altcoin, we could have easily gotten away with absolutely no transparency, but that's not the way we want to do things.

Since you're still supporting our coin with an interest to buy (and possibly mining as well) I can assume you want it to succeed. In that case, you can see the most benefit by not attacking us, but giving honest answers to improvement. If you are worried about how it would appear on the thread, simply email me. You're still a user of the coin, and only when a user no longer acts professionally (even if he professionally disagrees) do they become a problem. If you think we need to change the way we present ourselves, or if you think that we are damaging the community, ask us questions and make real suggestions for improvement rather than condemning us, because the world you are suggesting, the world without AIRcoin, is certainly no better, and possibly significantly worse.

Let's not be enemies, we will take your concerns extremely seriously, if you will offer better solutions than pure condemnation.

- Alexander
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:02:03 PM

guys if we want the coin has more hash...more difficulty less coins mined...ut ok....when we hit exchange imedietly put it on coinwarz.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:13:16 PM

(we know it's going to end in 3-4 months, with certainty, unless something changes)

- Alexander

This is crying out for elaboration.
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 07:22:21 PM

(we know it's going to end in 3-4 months, with certainty, unless something changes)

- Alexander

Indeed.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Tbone123

Activity: 174

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:48:02 PM

MightyX and Alexander are both eloquent writers. I love reading this debate live. The drama of a 3 to 4 month timeline till extinction or the potential for the birth of a true online currency, Coops of developers being formed and even Jesus Christ somehow being woven into the discussion. I tried to explain this to my wife but she just smiles and says "you have fun". I think I understand what Alexander and his team are trying to accomplish and it seems grand in scope. I also appreciate MightyX trying to encourage checks and balances and avoiding counter-party risks. Thank you both and I wish the best for this coin.

Please let me know how I can help this coin succeed. I have only been voting for AIRcoin on Mintpal and mining nonstop with my ancient computer but I'm sure there is more I can do.

Internet of People - USA North Chapter Leader
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:18:15 PM

Net hashrate almost 440!  Shocked
arniebaby

Activity: 279

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:20:15 PM

WOW

Difficulty    6.96535375
Est Next Difficulty    12.22092147 (Change in 368 Blocks)  Cool

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:24:33 PM

WOW

Difficulty    6.96535375

strange it isn't on poloniex yet
eightspaces

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:26:15 PM

WOW

Difficulty    6.96535375

strange it isn't on poloniex yet

did somebody contact tristan?
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:35:50 PM

- Alexander

Indeed.

One of the reasons we created AIRcoin was because we felt that Cryptocoin technology was too important to go to waste: and right now, we've observed that there is extreme interest in the financial world to heavily regulate and prevent its adoption, or to make its use exclusive among major financial and credit institutions. Much of the support behind it comes from the ability for the coins to be used for illegal activities, and their relative economic inviability. Our development team is involved in the financial world, and we are not ignorant of what is happening. We just think that the average bitcoin user doesn't realize how quickly things are changing, and we saw a 3-4 month time window for us to change people's opinion of the technology. This means that if AIRcoin can succeed in 4 months without failure, then we have a chance at preventing a total lockdown on the technology.

Current difficulty puts the mining opportunity price at .0023 BTC/AIR, or $1.472 USD/AIR @ 640 BTC/USD. A difficulty rise to 12.22 will put the price at .0041 BTC/AIR or $2.624 USD/AIR @ 640 BTC/USD.

It is also of note that at least 100 MH/S (~25%) of the hashing power is coming from either solo mining, or from a pool that is not on the list of pools on the first post (hasn't advertised their pool in this thread).
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:36:47 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 10:29:38 PM by Sprite160

No Withdraw Fees

I just checked out stats, and in the last hour, with less that 2% of the network hash, we have somehow managed 10% of the blocks. I can only imagine what more hashpower would do. Come on over, let's spread this hashing out.  Only 9 miners in the pool as of right now.

EDIT: Back down now... Let's see if we get lucky again..

arniebaby

Activity: 279

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:42:30 PM

No Withdraw Fees

I just checked out stats, and in the last hour, with less that 2% of the network hash, we have somehow managed 10% of the blocks. I can only imagine what more hashpower would do. Come on over, let's spread this hashing out.  Only 9 miners in the pool as of right now.

Make that 8 my measly 500Khz aint worth pointing at this coin anymore  Sad Sad Sad

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:51:50 PM

No Withdraw Fees

I just checked out stats, and in the last hour, with less that 2% of the network hash, we have somehow managed 10% of the blocks. I can only imagine what more hashpower would do. Come on over, let's spread this hashing out.  Only 9 miners in the pool as of right now.

Make that 8 my measly 500Khz aint worth pointing at this coin anymore  Sad Sad Sad

I would recommend looking to buy on the buy/sell thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499954.msg5504479#msg5504479) as there are still many orders below what the opportunity price would be for this new level of difficulty. Or, wait until we launch on Poloniex.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: