Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:05:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137218 times)
Real_GM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:22:45 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 08:43:48 PM by Real_GM

I just tried mining X-11 coins and I have to say it is pretty amazing in terms of hash rate, heat and power consumption.

If aircoin really adopts X-11 in a timely fashion it would be pretty awesome.

Btw, since Devs are currently busy restructuring, doesn't mean we can't do anything.

There is still value in the coin, but if we keep being overtly pessimistic or antagonistic here, it is just going to drive it lower.

We should brain storm and help the Devs out or else they are really going to be sick of this coin and abandon it.

Not that negative comments are unwarranted (I also disappointed with how things are currently and sympathize with the early investors), but since we have our foot in, we might as well help out a little bit and create a good community.

Here are my suggestions::::

1.  It will be nice if the AirCoinTeam can check in with us every few days. We may still antagonize you but your presence on the forum can give some slight comfort that The aircoin team is still up to something.

2. please continue with the wallet development. If you can truly switch the coin to X-11 and DGW, the community can probably sustain itself in the long run.

3. Setup contest with the premine for marketing (IE. who can tweet the most or whatever).  No one knows the coin except us. Now that we've been burned we all have to salvage it as a community if we believe that you, Aircoin team, has a new plan.

4. IF you really REALLY think your investment plan doesn't work, come out straight. Don't give us false/lingering hope that Aircoin is alive. But before you leave, at least make the technical changes to the coin so that it is not a scrypt clone.

I know that this is an experiment. It may work or it may not. But at least communicate with us regularly since there are now money involves from the early investors.  I'm still a believer of the plan. You may get a lot of hate from others, but I just want you to know you have at least one supporter.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
Tbone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:39:44 PM

I know that this is an experiment. It may work or it may not. But at least communicate with us regularly since there are now money involves from the early investors.  I'm still a believer in the plan. You may get a lot of hate from others, but I just want you to know you have at least one supporter.

Hello weekly meeting group, my name is Tom... and I too am a I.S.A.
Fell off the wagon but am back, I. Support. AirCoin.
Actually hope to buy more.

Internet of People - USA North Chapter Leader
xhan

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 08:43:39 PM

We respect your individual privacy, however, if you wish to restore more of a backing behind this coin's concept I propose the following:
A great way to prove there was no ill-intentions would be to post your wallet address showing the premine coins in tact for all to see.

Choosing to ignore or not give this proof will serve as a potent answer to those of us who invested heavily. 
Bilbo Bagacoins

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:08:49 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 09:18:55 PM by Bilbo Bagacoins

We respect your individual privacy, however, if you wish to restore more of a backing behind this coin's concept I propose the following:
A great way to prove there was no ill-intentions would be to post your wallet address showing the premine coins in tact for all to see.

Choosing to ignore or not give this proof will serve as a potent answer to those of us who invested heavily.  

Plain and simple.

Blocks 1 to 5.

http://teamaircoin.org/explorer/

Looks to be pretty much intact, most activity on block 5.
Turpomann

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

I support Aircoin community and development too. I have over 1000 coins and I plan to get more. TeamAircoin, you have the ball now.  Smiley

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
kache

Activity: 140

Bored

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

We have as of, 12 hours ago, the last form of market support was concluded, and it is now a completely free market just like any other cryptocoin with no direct involvement from our system. The price currently is almost entirely dictated by the prices that miners are able to sell at to sustain their profit currently.
Sonofa...
So you just used your "system" as a tool to dump your premine in the most profitable way possible and now are bailing?
Holy shit...

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
xhan

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but on blocks 1 & 5 - the full 500k have been moved.  Which doesn't necessarily mean they were sold... plus I don't think I've seen the volume at Poloniex to support that even 1 lot of the 500k had been moved sold.  So this is indeed a good sign.

Plain and simple.

Blocks 1 to 5.

Looks to be pretty much intact.

dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:23:39 PM

Guys, if you look through the explorer you will see the AIRCoins are all intact.
Across 6 address I see 2.49+ million ....

^ I am with STUPID!
Bilbo Bagacoins

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:36:54 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but on blocks 1 & 5 - the full 500k have been moved.  Which doesn't necessarily mean they were sold... plus I don't think I've seen the volume at Poloniex to support that even 1 lot of the 500k had been moved sold.  So this is indeed a good sign.

Plain and simple.

Blocks 1 to 5.

Looks to be pretty much intact.

I agree. Seems to be a few trading accounts emptied but hardly adds up to a get rich quick amount. Only caveat being that
maybe the whole "scheme" was not as sucessfull as anticipated to begin with.
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:55:55 PM

I want to reiterate this important point:

EDIT:
To make sure our point is clear: this coin is not dead. We are still actively working full time on it, and it has only been in the market for one week. We are changing our objectives and methods, but that does not mean, in any way, that we are abandoning the coin. For a brief period, it will not be supported by our system, but that does not mean we are not going to implement a new system or that we have abandoned the investment system in any way.

The development team is still working around the clock on this coin.

We have not sold ANY of the premine. The investment pool is actually about 3800 AIR over the 2,500,000 premine amount.

We been designing a new investment system along with changes to coins code that should put us in a more cutting-edge position in the market.

If holding AIRcoin puts you at risk, or in a financially dangerous position for the next 2 weeks, then we wouldn't recommend that you continue trading it if you think you are going to lose BTC. However, if you still support the coin, it is in your best interest to hold whatever AIRcoin you still have while we're working on the next investment system.

Our #1 primary goal right now is to go completely public and seek real world usage and media attention for the coin once we've finished the series of renovations to the investment system and the coin's code.

From here on, our primary means of contact will be emails either through our website or via alexander@teamaircoin.org or support@teamaircoin.org. We will not support the Bitcointalk thread or update it until we are finished with the next stage that we're working on.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:12:03 PM

We have not sold ANY of the premine. The investment pool is actually about 3800 AIR over the 2,500,000 premine amount.
I think you could have confirmed this a lot earlier. Obviously there was a possibility you might have been selling premine, and i just think it would have helped if you'd let people know earlier that you were not.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:34:56 PM

I just tried mining X-11 coins and I have to say it is pretty amazing in terms of hash rate, heat and power consumption.

If aircoin really adopts X-11 in a timely fashion it would be pretty awesome.

Btw, since Devs are currently busy restructuring, doesn't mean we can't do anything.

There is still value in the coin, but if we keep being overtly pessimistic or antagonistic here, it is just going to drive it lower.

We should brain storm and help the Devs out or else they are really going to be sick of this coin and abandon it.

Not that negative comments are unwarranted (I also disappointed with how things are currently and sympathize with the early investors), but since we have our foot in, we might as well help out a little bit and create a good community.

Here are my suggestions::::

1.  It will be nice if the AirCoinTeam can check in with us every few days. We may still antagonize you but your presence on the forum can give some slight comfort that The aircoin team is still up to something.

2. please continue with the wallet development. If you can truly switch the coin to X-11 and DGW, the community can probably sustain itself in the long run.

3. Setup contest with the premine for marketing (IE. who can tweet the most or whatever).  No one knows the coin except us. Now that we've been burned we all have to salvage it as a community if we believe that you, Aircoin team, has a new plan.

4. IF you really REALLY think your investment plan doesn't work, come out straight. Don't give us false/lingering hope that Aircoin is alive. But before you leave, at least make the technical changes to the coin so that it is not a scrypt clone.

I know that this is an experiment. It may work or it may not. But at least communicate with us regularly since there are now money involves from the early investors.  I'm still a believer of the plan. You may get a lot of hate from others, but I just want you to know you have at least one supporter.

+1 on this. They should be able to take criticism but the 5 year old temper tantrum of name calling a screaming in caps should stop. It is counterproductive, like burning down a house you are locked inside of because you have termites in the walls.
alexminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:00:33 PM

My AMD R9 290 working at AIRpool (at average 870Khs/s) makes around 5 coins per 24 hours. So pricing of the coin at around 1$ should be about right, especially after developers confirmed they are still working on it (which makes it no worse then any other altcoin). Decision to have AIRcoin usable in real world is definitely move in the right direction. Fact that we dumped all (hopefully) instacashminers is good for a coin too. BTW, I think developers made a mistake by allowing ppl to mine couple of weeks before coin went to markets as there are a bunch of "smart" cookies who know that mining while hashrate is low is extremely profitable. Essentially developers allowed those types of individuals onboard before actually real investors discovered the coin.
So yes I am sticking with AIR and mining some more. I have read about X11 hashing and personally I feel that will benefit coin.
Do multipools have ability to switch from regular scrypted coins to X11s and back (I don't know that, anyone?)?
If not then I see this as a plus cause multipools are essentially not investors and take too much hashing power (and instadumping huge chunks on the market) from those who is here for a long run.  Fact that developers didn't unload their premine gives them a lot of credit. At least it is a confirmation of the fact that they are not just a bunch of well educated scamers but genuinly passionate folks who are trying something new and making mistakes on their way.
I better loose with wise then gain with stupid.
MiNFoX

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:04:00 PM

What happened with the price omg ! What happened with your pool and price control and "always up" promise ?
tricass

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:09:36 PM

I want to reiterate this important point:

EDIT:
To make sure our point is clear: this coin is not dead. We are still actively working full time on it, and it has only been in the market for one week. We are changing our objectives and methods, but that does not mean, in any way, that we are abandoning the coin. For a brief period, it will not be supported by our system, but that does not mean we are not going to implement a new system or that we have abandoned the investment system in any way.

The development team is still working around the clock on this coin.

We been designing a new investment system along with changes to coins code that should put us in a more cutting-edge position in the market.

If holding AIRcoin puts you at risk, or in a financially dangerous position for the next 2 weeks, then we wouldn't recommend that you continue trading it if you think you are going to lose BTC. However, if you still support the coin, it is in your best interest to hold whatever AIRcoin you still have while we're working on the next investment system.

Our #1 primary goal right now is to go completely public and seek real world usage and media attention for the coin once we've finished the series of renovations to the investment system and the coin's code.

From here on, our primary means of contact will be emails either through our website or via alexander@teamaircoin.org or support@teamaircoin.org. We will not support the Bitcointalk thread or update it until we are finished with the next stage that we're working on.

Are you serious. Now you come out with a post specifying a timeframe - 2 weeks. If you gave any sort of timeframe in the prior post we may have avoided much of the carnage! I see another big problem this coin and that's communication, communication, and communication.

coinme.info

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:11:09 PM

We have as of, 12 hours ago, the last form of market support was concluded, and it is now a completely free market just like any other cryptocoin with no direct involvement from our system. The price currently is almost entirely dictated by the prices that miners are able to sell at to sustain their profit currently.
Sonofa...
So you just used your "system" as a tool to dump your premine in the most profitable way possible and now are bailing?
Holy shit...

It was miners who dumped the coin not the devs.

The market got dumped hard as the cracks started to show in the facade that TeamAIRcoin presented to this forum.

Their trading bot/algo bot or whatever couldn't take the pummelling it got from the sell side on Poloniex and their claims of stable market, rising exchange rate then went out the window. They didn't have the necessary BTC to support the dumps that can happen when early miners decide to exit a coin.

Why didn't they have the BTCs to back their strategy?

They came across and presented themselves as if they were a team from a big investment house or the like, which one would assume had some serious funding to back up their claims.

The wheels really fell off the cart when they revealed that they are not a team from some big financial player but are in fact students at a University, newbies to cypto and appear to be using the coin/miners/exchanges/investors as an experiment in their economics class.

So it appears they are not out to scam us by dumping the premine, they're just naive UOC students trying to figure out another way for cyrpto to work and trying to do their best in school and get their MBA.

Open Source crypto is all a bit of an experiment so not totally out of sync there.

Sounds like they're reviewing their plan and hopefully will be back in a couple of weeks.

How they are going to fair against the more seasoned coin devs and miners only time will tell.

Mining Hirocoin now. Rising exchange rate on https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_hic at the moment and is getting more attention by the hour because of the use of X11.

Philippides

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:19:02 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 12:08:20 AM by Philippides

So does anyone know for sure if "Team AIRcoin" is a group college students or actual professionals?

They claim that they are "formed from economists and finance experts, and programmers who have dedicated themselves to this business." (AIRcoin Official Press Release)

and that they, "have past experience and connections with:
1. Multiple financial institutions, including Investment Banks, Capital Management, and Venture Capital.
2. Angel Investors and Alumni support.
3. University of Chicago Economics Department and Booth School of Business" (March 22 post, pg 71)

and that they, "have the power to change how Altcoins are accepted in the United States, we are not exaggerating" (March 22 post)

My interpretation, regarding the devs anonymity is that they are possibly just college students who have been over presenting themselves as “financial experts”. If they were truly college professors, stockbrokers, or involved in the financial markets, etc. my line of thinking is that they would have nothing to hide and be able to at least disclose their professions/backgrounds as this could possibly help the value of the coin/add legitimacy. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with college students developing altcoins but by using rhetoric such as “we have the power to change how Altcoins are accepted in the United States” leads me to conclude that to support these claims they must have decades of experience in finance and economics in the real world not from learning about it in the classroom.

Note: I still believe the concept of AIRcoin is much better than most altcoins and interested to see if the devs decide to come forward with a little on their various backgrounds to back up their claims. Any thoughts on this issue or whether I should be that concerned? Thanks

Edit: If the devs do not address this issue, is it safe to assume that they are students?
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:20:41 PM

I am still 100% stoked on this coin and its approach.  The devs have given out any important information promptly and clearly, I don't personally need 24/7 365 reassurance that they are alive and working on the coin.  I will keep buying and mining what I can for the time being.  Looking forward to see where AIR can go from here.
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:43:56 PM

Media will be important for AIR going forward, establishing good contacts is essential.

The coin is still young people, have some faith. The next few weeks will be paramount.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:48:25 PM

This is a mistake.

Investment--or speculation, however you want to call it--is about confidence. And one of the cardinal ways to cultivate confidence in an altcoin is regular communication on the bitcointalk ANN thread.

Just post here once or twice a day, answer questions, and respond to daily concerns, even if it seems like you are repeating yourself.

It will make your job of stabilizing the coin's price and growing it's value much easier.

[protip]

You may be a little gun shy because of previous snafus in your bitcointalk posts. Just try your best not to mistakenly make it sound like you are abandoning the coin. Ask others in your team if what you plan to write will frighten investors. Wording matters. Maybe you need a writer on the team?

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: