Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:48:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137226 times)
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:52:09 AM

My interpretation, regarding the devs anonymity is that they are possibly just college students who have been over presenting themselves as “financial experts”. If they were truly college professors, stockbrokers, or involved in the financial markets,
My own thoughts are they if were closely involved with financial markets they would have been more circumspect about the claims they made and advertising it as an 'investment"
Real_GM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:43:26 AM

I have a suspicion that some of them are grad students and their prof has a grant to study the economics of Cryptocurrency

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
Turpomann

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:49:20 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 02:01:14 AM by Turpomann

From here on, our primary means of contact will be emails either through our website or via alexander@teamaircoin.org or support@teamaircoin.org. We will not support the Bitcointalk thread or update it until we are finished with the next stage that we're working on.

This is a mistake.

Investment--or speculation, however you want to call it--is about confidence. And one of the cardinal ways to cultivate confidence in an altcoin is regular communication on the bitcointalk ANN thread.

Just post here once or twice a day, answer questions, and respond to daily concerns, even if it seems like you are repeating yourself.

It will make your job of stabilizing the coin's price and growing it's value much easier.

[protip]

You may be a little gun shy because of previous snafus in your bitcointalk posts. Just try your best not to mistakenly make it sound like you are abandoning the coin. Ask others in your team if what you plan to write will frighten investors. Wording matters. Maybe you need a writer on the team?
I totally agree with you here. Aircoin community and people are here, not inside dev's email inbox. You must communicate with your community. You gain nothing by hiding inside the bushes.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:11:00 AM

Having just read the original whitepaper again, I'm curious as to who having read that is a fan of this coin.
Can anyone who likes this coin or that paper please explain specifically what they like about it?

Lot's of people here have said they like the project or the coin but I've yet to see anyone articulate just what it is they like.  Huh
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:21:17 AM

Having just read the original whitepaper again, I'm curious as to who having read that is a fan of this coin.
Can anyone who likes this coin or that paper please explain specifically what they like about it?

Lot's of people here have said they like the project or the coin but I've yet to see anyone articulate just what it is they like.  Huh
I like the roundness of the coin with the A thingy in it..

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:39:07 AM

Honestly the document you read spells it out better than I could even if I took the time to.
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:10:03 AM

Alexander, I re-read your entire post made on the weekend and I think you need to stick to what you said with 1 single exception. TIME. That is your biggest enemy and I think the mental crash you guys are experiencing is the main symptom. Do what you say but give your self until the end of the year. The crypto market is moving fast but not so fast that AIRcoin will be left behind. If you do all of the below by XMas then you will be ahead of 99.9% of the alternative currencies.

The fast money people have left and I expect the price of AIR will slowly creep up. This is extremely important ie. the 'price appreciation' expectations are now realistic. What should you do:

1) Copy and paste the said weekend post[below] and add a 'realistic' target date of completion for each stage out to December 2014

2) Change your mind re the personal emails and instead provide a weekly update on AIRcoin bitcointalk thread.

THATS IT !

Aircoin's Team intelligence & abilities are without question so if you follow the above general strategy success will be assured.

1. The New Incoming Wallet

The first big news is of the new wallet. Because of what is about to be revealed in this post, and how important it is for the future of AIRcoin, we are going to hold off the new wallet for at least a few more hours, and release it in the morning. The last thing we want is for any bugfixing or issues to arise, because we expect a rush of new downloads after this news gets out.

But, the wallet we have to release currently has the following:

Dark Gravity Wave: Our team actually had a test version that implemented Digishield too, but we decided that Dark Gravity Wave was the better choice for difficulty adjustment after doing some testing. This makes AIRcoin only one of a few wallets that has this cutting-edge adjustment software. With this and our own tweaks, we should be completely safe from the timewarp exploit as well as changing hashrates.

The block reward will be reduced, as well as diminishing at 1% every day. This will continue until the new adjustable exchange-rate based blockreward is implemented. This is simply a manual attempt at adjusting the block reward according to the exchange rate.

We have a significant number of checkpoints and added security to the blockchain.

In development for the future:

X-11 hashing:  Yes, that is correct. We are attempting to add additional algorithms, eventually working up to full X-11. This is no easy task, and would make AIRcoin one of a very exclusive group of coins to utilize it, but our team is finding a way to make it possible.
Exchange Rate Controlled Block Reward – the counterpart to the investment pool, this is the last key to economic sustainability. However, as we’ve explained, for the system we’ve worked on to be secure it requires large exchange volume and multiple redundant exchanges. But if our plans to expand to MintPal are successful, then this is the next innovation we will bring to AIRcoin.

New GUI, including installation instructions, easy adjustment of the config file, tutorials, and possibly a peer-to-peer news feed built into the wallet. There are so many more innovations we have yet to even begin implementing that we have experimented with. While inflation control, ASIC protection and secure hashing is higher on our priority list, we intend to make it the absolute easiest wallet to download and use for those who are not used to Cryptocurrency.

2. AIRcoin Identity, Legal Status, and Real-World Connections

Now, the following announcement is going to change the face of AIRcoin forever. This is, much anticipated, accountability from our team:

AIRcoin is a corporation within the United States, closely associated with the University of Chicago and Booth Business School. We are not a group of amateur programmers. We are not hobbyists. We are growing a business to be both our lifeblood and to take the first step to legitimizing cryptocurrency as a technology, with full corporate status. From a legal perspective, that is our identity and it is just as accountable as a human being under all aspects of the law, and we see this as the only way to properly develop a cryptocoin for financial use.

We are incorporated in the USA, as well as licensed to operate in Illinois, and based out of Chicago. In terms of accountability, it doesn’t get much clearer than that. AIRcoin is a legal entity that falls under US law, operating as a corporation, with the full intention to operate legally and adapt and influence all laws and regulations that come out. We are doing this as seriously as is possible.

This makes AIRcoin the only Cryptocurrency with the full legal accountability of a development team acting under a corporation. We are not a not-for-profit, we are a business developing a service and a technology to the best of our abilities.

Our team members and backers are very closely associated with University of Chicago and the Booth School of Business, and AIRcoin started as an experiment. The University of Chicago is the #1 Economics school in the United States, possibly the world, and a consistent top-5 college, known for being a thinktank of economic innovation and the origin of the “Chicago School” of economics. The Booth Business School (formerly the University Of Chicago Graduate School Of Business) is one of the top 5 business schools in the nation as well. We are very well connected both academically and financially. Where we expand from here was never a question of making small improvements, but testing our concepts before making headlines. In other words, Team AIRcoin is much, much larger and better connected than we originally made ourselves appear.

It was always our intent to reveal our location, business, and connections eventually. However, we kept anonymity because it was of the utmost importance that the coin could be tested in a FREE MARKET without HYPE. We need to see if the investment pool would work, and it does, before we could expand. The point is: our system can generate a revenue and, with enough volume, have a self-sustaining cryptocurrency backed by a legitimate corporation.

We do not want the coin to succeed or fail based on the reputation of our backers, but on our own innovations. And, from our perspective, as a trial period the first week of testing, AIRcoin taught us significant things that will allow us to completely change the face of Altcoins from here on out. This is why we were so careful about the hype behind the coin, why we kept a minor social media presence, and why we have tried to see how far the coin can go on just its own merits, not the name of its creators, before revealing ourselves.

Many, many other coin developers remain completely anonymous, so we assumed for at least the first few weeks, we could do so as well to get as much data as possible. We believe we know enough about these markets now to make the necessary changes and innovations in order to begin our campaign in earnest.  

We have chosen to explain our position now because we’ve come to realize that the community has serious concerns of the anonymity of the developers of this coin, and their accountability. We are a company. We are legally accountable, and we would prefer if we are held accountable, that protects ourselves and our users. We are in this for the long term, which means we intend to comply with and influence any US regulation and law regarding crypto currencies. We know regulation is happening soon, it is our intent to be not one of the better coins, but the best coin that can survive it. This is only possible because of our knowledge and connections, but it was important that we tested the market on an even playing field, where we didn’t have any advantages (and several disadvantages) over other coin developers. We have so far delivered a very capable product and exceeded almost all of our projections. I want to reiterate, this is only the beginning of a major movement that is starting, and we want AIRcoin at the front of it. It’s a long term game, and AIRcoin is the first coin that arose from these incredible backgrounds.

To prove our claims, here is a picture taken today. On March 21st, 2014, the University of Chicago had their Convocation for the Winter Quarter Class of 2014. Alexander was on campus during this event and took these photos after it was over. The first shows Rockefeller Chapel, along with the leaving group of graduates. The second photo shows the Booth School of Business. We will add further verification from the future to match our claims.

http://i59.tinypic.com/330664i.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/dnbjsy.jpg

Now, I want to expand on our background and claims: we have past experience and connections with:

1. Multiple financial institutions, including Investment Banks, Capital Management, and Venture Capital.
2. Angel Investors and Alumni support.
3. University of Chicago Economics Department and Booth School of Business

When we say we have the power to change how Altcoins are accepted in the United States, we are not exaggerating.

3. How AIRcoin will work in the Financial World

So now comes the real question: What does that really make AIRcoin, then? Put simply, it’s the first Cryptocoin that can be accepted, completely, under full legal tolerance of the law of the United States of America, with clear accountability and a legitimate hope of seeing large scale adoption.

AIRcoin is backed by a trading algorithm that works, and works very well. It’s the most successful aspect of our coin. We are the ONLY coin that has an algorithmic trading system to support the price. This is proprietary software and the key to our success. This is why our oversight about the inflation rates caused such a dramatic effect (by comparison) to the market: it caused the algorithms to operate inefficiently.

But more importantly, AIRcoin is the solution to the problems that the Financial World sees in Bitcoin, but go overlooked by Bitcoin’s own developers.

The number one problem with cryptocoins is a lack of sustainability. Forks, inflation, heavy mining, instability, and similar problems all make it impossible to be used as a legitimate financial instrument. However, its decentralization, ability for quick and secure transactions, and numerous other advantages means it is too precious of a technology to go to waste. AIRcoin is the first step to shake off the pretensions and aim for the impossible: a Cryptocurrency that will not be rebuked by the mainstream world. We may be only a few weeks into its development, but we’ve already demonstrated some cutting edge understanding of the market.

But we aren’t looking at time scale of 1-2 weeks, we are looking at currencies LONG term, months or years, and there is no problem, including government regulation, our team cannot solve if we are given adequate time and energy toward solving it. Considering how far we’ve come in just a few weeks, in 3 months, it is not unreasonable to believe we will be one of the largest cryptocoins in the market. We want to take Our Cryptocurrency to the doorstep of Investment Banks. AIRcoin’s future is not with individual who would use worthless coins for making jokes, but instead aim toward major multinational businesses. Building a system that is stable and inspires the faith of a coin beyond just ours. For this first week, it’s been a game of playing fair and quiet with other cryptocoins, learning within the community, months living and breathing the life of the universe you have created here online, so that we can understand exactly what cryptocurrency is, and can become.

4. An Altcoin Alliance

This allows us to get into clarifation by the term “Collaborate”. AIRcoin is not moving on to another project, and we are not asking developers for help. We have been drafting the start of an Altcoin Alliance.

The Collaboration between AIRcoin and other developers is another method to bring accountability to the Altcoin community. Namely, through two mechanisms:

1. An inclusion in an Altcoin Index Investment, an index investment system which includes the most sustainable, effective, innovative, and aspiring coins, as way to attract low-risk investment. It’s honestly fascinating how there hasn’t been a successful index fund of Altcoins already.

2. At the core of this is a Cryptocurrency Code of Conduct, which outlines how coin developers should pursue real innovation, real world needs, and real sustainability, legal recourse and outlines what sort of economic problems, such as inflation, cause coins to die completely, so that developers can work to combat those forces.

We intend to move VERY QUICKLY on this endeavor, as its progress will ultimately be the deciding factor for the survivability of Altcoins in the future. This Alliance, brought to power over the next 3-6 months, will give a strong, organized, powerful voice to the coins that have real innovation and needs, and allow us to shut out those that are scams and failures. Coins that show no innovation, no plans for sustainability, or do not see the very important need to fight for the survival of Cryptocurrency will not be a part of this. We believe that Bitcoin is, in its current state, economically unsustainable, and it has been said many times that its code is significantly further behind than some Altcoins, however, it’s massive size and early-comer basis has made it the de-facto standard. If it remains the standard in this very diverse market, then regulation about this technology will be hard, swift, and blanketing. But if there is a strong, vocal, organized force that can provide a real good through a consortium of development and innovation, we not only stand a fighting chance at preventing outright banning, but rising to the challenge of ubiquitous usage. The power is here, there are so many innovative altcoins, but so few of them understand the importance of economic stability, or even attempt to achieve it. Our greatest fears, as both businessmen and academics, is that world progress in financial markets will be set behind by decades simply because the masses did not have the foresight to look beyond innovation and see the ultimate potential, because of their need for a quick dollar.

AIRcoin, and the associated AIRcoin Investment System, was a fresh, new, and untested concept. But more importantly, it is one that ultimately does fulfill what it was required to do. It was never a problem with the theory. Looking back and removing all emotion from the moment, our coin has been relatively stable. Pumps and dumps have been responded to very quickly. This is still just the beginning, and with the reveal of our position, the power we have, we can now begin innovating in earnest. The system has been made, it was tested, with some hiccups and susinstability problems, but unlike other developers who would dump and leave this coin until it hit .00000001 BTC/AIR, we are going to fight and do EVERYTHING possible to make the system work. That means adjusting parameters manually (such as the diminishing block reward) and improving our systems. We have a lot of big plans, and they are too good and too important for us to give up simply because of a few days of heightened inflation. I repeat, this is just the beginning of AIRcoin, it has just learned how to walk, and now it’s time to teach it to fight.

5. Other Concerns

Now, to address some more specific concerns:

A question that has been asked many times before is “Why didn’t we just pump tons of BTC into the market?” If you understand Chicago economics, you understand why: The entire point of this coin is to be a SELF SUSTAINING free market, not to be a liability on its supporters. We know that supporting the market, beyond the sustainability systems, with our own capital, would be a short term fix and a waste our resources that could go toward better infrastructure. If we directly manipulate the market to keep the price up, rather than relying on the system we created or adjusting it, it would be both unethical and unsustainable. The users of our coin are under much more liability if they have to rely on us to put funds that should go to company infrastructure into the market directly to combat inflation.

That being said, we were successful with our proprietary trading program behind the investment pool. We pumped .5 BTC per day into the market and generated ~30% more volume than otherwise. Consider that for a second. 20 BTC of volume per day, and our system created .5 BTC of buying support alone through high frequency trading.  If we get the volume of this coin up, as long as it stays high it could not only keep the price stable, but give it consistent rises according to the growth of that pool. We have created the first system of generating funds that doesn't require absolute sale of the premine. For coins with philanthropic goals or ones that have costs they need to cover on a daily basis, this is the secret to all of their problems, and the licensing and adoption of this system, as it improves, can change things forever.

The only thing preventing that, and is currently preventing that in a large way, is the extreme inflation that caused a dip in volume, rather than a rise in volume, that prevented us from keeping the price up. However, it fell slowly and stably, allowing users to continue trading in and out without significant loss: consider that our system still made money even in the downturn market. Our main goal outlined in the whitepaper. In terms of what we set out to do: Start at .00115, maintain a tight spread, be easy to invest and sell, and generate support. We actually far exceeded our initial exchange rate, maintained a high exchange rate for a long time, closed the spread, and generated good support. It wasn’t until the snowball effect began to overtake the investment pool that our equilibrium failed. But this is why we did not allow significant hype: we wanted to know how the market would react to the ideas we presented and how we can best benefit the community through our systems.

Our next point of improvement is in our Social media presence.

Our energy was focused on a theory, innovation, and development of the trading system, but our developments outgrew the social media presence we had before expanding it. It was never our intent for this coin to go viral or to be a sensation. We wanted to keep it quiet and closed-tested. We wanted to see if we could let it fly with stability on its own. Now, we’ve got enough data and enough support to make it big, as big as possible. We hope that the release of exactly who and what we are, and what we are capable of, will be enough to start a wildfire of support.

Even if you don’t buy AIRcoin, even if you hate Chicago Economics, even if you detest corporations, if you have even a shred of hope that cryptocurrency can be adopted in the real world, if you have any hope that the innovations in Altcoins are for something more than pump and dump schemes, then you can at least support our sentiment and ideas.

We make the future. Every one of our decisions creates the future ahead of us, how we treat our coins decides how the government will treat them. How we treat each other now determines how we will support one another in the future. How quickly we adapt and innovate determines how powerful we can be. Making short-term money in a week is nothing toward building a business that can change how finance is done, by people who have the power to make it a reality.

These ideas and dreams that most altcoins talk about, freedom, prosperity, and sustainability: these are just ideas. They need to organize, they need to collaborate, and they need to improve in a way that turns those ideas into reality. That’s what we’re trying to do. A few bad days cannot, and will not, stop us from doing that.

The best thing that anyone can do for AIRcoin right now is to relay what we have just said. It is big enough, it is important enough. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, anywhere on the internet where you can explain just how this big news impact Cryptocurrency, do it. We have a voting campaing for Mintpal here: and our twitter is here:

This is just the beginning of something very, very big.

Please, if you have any questions, either post them here, and we will try to address them promptly and plainly.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:15:50 AM

Honestly the document you read spells it out better than I could even if I took the time to.
What part of the document? What specifically did you like?
Sprite160

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:31:16 AM

Alexander, I re-read your entire post made on the weekend and I think you need to stick to what you said with 1 single exception. TIME. That is your biggest enemy and I think the mental crash you guys are experiencing is the main symptom. Do what you say but give your self until the end of the year. The crypto market is moving fast but not so fast that AIRcoin will be left behind. If you do all of the below by XMas then you will be ahead of 99.9% of the alternative currencies.

The fast money people have left and I expect the price of AIR will slowly creep up. This is extremely important ie. the 'price appreciation' expectations are now realistic. What should you do:

1) Copy and paste the said weekend post[below] and add a 'realistic' target date of completion for each stage out to December 2014

2) Change your mind re the personal emails and instead provide a weekly update on AIRcoin bitcointalk thread.

THATS IT !

Aircoin's Team intelligence & abilities are without question so if you follow the above general strategy success will be assured.

Sure, it's not like coins die in the crypto world in a few months....(light sarcasm)
Your timeline of "until the end of the year" will KILL support for AIRcoin. The implementation of the wallet features will help to make this coin stand out, and should be the first item completed..sooner rather than later. Also I agree with the earlier post that communication is paramount. Without communication, interested parties will become disinterested.

You seem to be overlooking the mining community, without the miners and pools, there will be no distributed transactions for AIRcoin. No miners=no transactions=dead coin. Sure, you can trade the coin, but where will the transactions be processed? You could transfer coins from your wallet, and wait for the confirmations...and wait for the confirmations...and wait for the confirmations. You get my point I am sure.

As for the statement that AIRcoin will not get left behind, how many coins come out weekly? And since the ideas have been presented in the whitepaper, how many of those ideas that drew people to this coin could be copied before the end of the year using the ideas that AIRcoin developed? Maybe not using the same exact strategies, but, maybe with new ones that work. Waiting, in my humble opinion, is not an option. Making less frequent communications with the community, again, not a good option. By Christmas, AIRcoin, if the dev team waits that long, will be behind 99.9% of the coins that copy the idea and improve upon it.

EDIT: As I am writing this, the net hash rate is under 84 Mhs, block time average is at 5 minutes 37 seconds. not pool, network.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:43:53 AM

I like how they clearly and articulately describe their perspective on crypto-coins in general and then explain how they see their coin fitting in and what they plan on doing to achieve that position.
hughjays77

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:50:58 AM

Its not a timeline 'until the end of the year"...its a timeline 'up to the end of the year'. I said

Its the rushing thats been the problem so far...look at Darkcoin. Stop worrying about other coins, most of them are just plain scams or crap. AIRcoin's only competition right now is among 4-6 coins out of over 300 coins.

We have no need to rush, most coins can barely get a good launch going and most of Alex's points are not possible right away. He should just pace the AIRcoin team with a 7-9 month schedule with a target date for each measure..week by week...month by month...maybe the wallet is 1st maybe its something else. As long as their is an outlined plan the miners and community will stay. Network hash may initially fall but not by much.

No need to worry. Steady does it. We should be at 0.001btc within a week and Im a fine with that

THATS IT !

Sure, it's not like coins die in the crypto world in a few months....(light sarcasm)
Your timeline of "until the end of the year" will KILL support for AIRcoin. The implementation of the wallet features will help to make this coin stand out, and should be the first item completed..sooner rather than later. Also I agree with the earlier post that communication is paramount. Without communication, interested parties will become disinterested.

You seem to be overlooking the mining community, without the miners and pools, there will be no distributed transactions for AIRcoin. No miners=no transactions=dead coin. Sure, you can trade the coin, but where will the transactions be processed? You could transfer coins from your wallet, and wait for the confirmations...and wait for the confirmations...and wait for the confirmations. You get my point I am sure.

As for the statement that AIRcoin will not get left behind, how many coins come out weekly? And since the ideas have been presented in the whitepaper, how many of those ideas that drew people to this coin could be copied before the end of the year using the ideas that AIRcoin developed? Maybe not using the same exact strategies, but, maybe with new ones that work. Waiting, in my humble opinion, is not an option. Making less frequent communications with the community, again, not a good option. By Christmas, AIRcoin, if the dev team waits that long, will be behind 99.9% of the coins that copy the idea and improve upon it.
Turpomann

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:52:05 AM

THATS IT !

EDIT: As I am writing this, the net hash rate is under 84 Mhs, block time average is at 5 minutes 37 seconds. not pool, network.

I agree with Sprite160, there's no time to wait for christmas. Dozen new coins get released everyday.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
hughjays77

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:35:56 AM

In time the fast money will drop off  Cool
Sprite160

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:41:28 AM

How to address the mining/confirmation issue?

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:42:33 AM

ya. It would seem that for some people "long term" means about two weeks and no longer.

I am pretty glad that the main communications for this coin are moving off this forum.  It has never made any sense to me why so many coins are using this as a base of operations.  No offense intended to respectable bitcointalk users.
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:44:02 AM

When the diff goes down the time on the blocks will be back to normal.  When they implement a new diff adjustment algorithm it will prevent us from running into this situation where the block times are long.
Sprite160

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:54:39 AM

In time the fast money will drop off  Cool

When the diff goes down the time on the blocks will be back to normal.  When they implement a new diff adjustment algorithm it will prevent us from running into this situation where the block times are long.

That part I get, and thank you. The problem that I have is that if the dev team does not do anything to improve the wallet to make this coin unique and profitable to mine, then support of miners will dwindle. Which brings me back to..we need the dev team on the wallet ASAP.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:20:26 AM

In time the fast money will drop off  Cool

When the diff goes down the time on the blocks will be back to normal.  When they implement a new diff adjustment algorithm it will prevent us from running into this situation where the block times are long.

That part I get, and thank you. The problem that I have is that if the dev team does not do anything to improve the wallet to make this coin unique and profitable to mine, then support of miners will dwindle. Which brings me back to..we need the dev team on the wallet ASAP.

TeamAir said that the difficulty adjustment will be addressed in the next update.   I think it will be.  In my opinion the urgency is not really going to make or break the coin.  I'd rather that they take the time to make sure things are setup correctly then rush the update to please anxious miners.  Some miners probably lost interest entirely at this point and wont come back, some will come back after the update.  New miners will come too.  ASAP is always the goal but for right now patience is key.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:37:30 AM

I like how they clearly and articulately describe their perspective on crypto-coins in general and then explain how they see their coin fitting in and what they plan on doing to achieve that position.
It seems like vague waffling to me. Albeit with much enthusiasm.  Nowhere do they explain in any specific way how they see the coin "fitting in." Nowhere do they give a concrete plan, and where they have tried  to put down principles they have already abandoned some of them.
I have nothing against this approach BTW, , as it is an experiment.
Although I have not enjoyed seeing people lose money here so fast, I think that it's important to be very flexible in this space, and flexible, they are.
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:38:47 AM

I agree with turpomann and Sprite160. No surprise, but I vehemently disagree with hughjays77. No one knows where this coin market will be 9 months from now and the coin graveyard is already getting more and more crowded.

More importantly though, there is just one thing that needs to be done and that is getting enough volume to reasonably be able to implement their plan. Look, it was naïve to think that miners were not going to dump the coin immediately -- these are miners we're talking about! As I said before this whole debacle, they should have let the greedy miners out the door before implementing any "system".

These guys are clearly bumbling idiots as a quick glance at their past "communication" posts show. However, that does not mean that they can't recover and put into place a system that works relatively efficiently. These type of algorithms or systems are not really all that difficult or new, it's just that they haven't been tried in the coin community yet (at least not specifically as a goal).

I would like to say that they have learned a lot from their mistakes and AIR will have much smoother sailing going forward. And I hope that happens as I am a coin holder (as an actual buyer, not a miner).

Unfortunately, they already seem to be taking the wrong lessons seriously. The miners beat them down at first, by whining about coin stability, by which they meant the price that they could dump their coins. Yes, the developers fell for it and attempted to "stabilize" a coin in which miners out numbered buyers by about a gazillion to one. OK, rookie mistake. They apparently believed the rhetoric of the miners that they are oh so important to coins' success when we all know they are mostly parasites.

Then they came out with a "big announcement" that was supposedly addressing everyone's concerns and ended it by asking for questions and assuring "prompt" replies. When the questions and concerns began to immediately pile up, they apparently did not like them. Thus, the only thing that they did about them "promptly" was to ignore them. Two days later, they announced the abandonment of the "big announcement" and decided that another plan entirely was in order.

Now, they have decided that this forum is too mean and they are taking their ball and going home. Any communication will now be done through one-at-a-time methods -- privately.

Does this sound like a good strategy to you? Does this sound like a team that is a winner? Yes, all of these forums have whiners, but c'mon didn't they know that? What possible good is cutting off the main area where people get their news on the coin so as to individually answer questions. If you had good news and good answers would you want to keep it private? Would you care what any criticism was? No, because you would want to reach as many people as possible. It's the people watching the coin (as I did for  quite a while, for example) but not necessarily commenting, that you are trying to reach. In other words, buyers.

Again, I want to believe as I am a coin holder. And I look forward to the next two weeks as they implement changes to see what happens. But, restricting communication to private methods only is not a sign of confidence. It's the exact opposite and I am not going to pretend otherwise just because I want to believe.  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: