Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:39:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
gemstar5000

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:25:09 PM

Any official news from the A-Team??? I was always going to be long term in this coin since it seemed to have massive potential but I'm Kinda starting to wish I'd dumped at 0.0027 and not just sold a handful to cover costs.  Sad Sad Huh Huh Undecided Undecided Cry Cry Cry
As stated before by the devs, if you can't afford to hold your coins, then best option is to sell.
I didn't suggest I can't afford to hold them, as stated I I've covered my costs so my wallet contents stand me at zero cost. I just didn't expect the coin to go so far backwards and the devs go stealth on us.No cheap coins from me I'm afraid.
CryptoKiller

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:39:39 PM

I'm considering buying some more air but its really hard to justify that deicision with no contact from the team whatsoever. Price seems to drop daily also. Gonna be hard for the team to recover from this considering bitcointalk is currently the only face aircoin has and  the dev's have up and dissapeared.

Seems they've updated the home page slightly but that doesn't give me much hope.
gemstar5000

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

Honestly, this game that they are playing is getting OLD, fast!

Regardless of the team's position, communcation is important. There will be backlashes from pissed off individuals, but speaking up and updating will only strength your CURRENT supporters.

Exactly. There are many ways to interpret some of the questionable decisions that have been made by the devs on this coin both positive and negative but the decision to cut off communication can't possibly be interpreted with a positive spin, it makes no sense and can only do harm to the community and coins' (and devs') reputation. We need to know they haven't abandoned us, we need to know what is being done to improve the current situation, what's the road map what's the timescale WTF is going on before this relatively small community loses interest altogether.
Tbone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:36:54 PM

Honestly, this game that they are playing is getting OLD, fast!

Regardless of the team's position, communcation is important. There will be backlashes from pissed off individuals, but speaking up and updating will only strength your CURRENT supporters.

Exactly. There are many ways to interpret some of the questionable decisions that have been made by the devs on this coin both positive and negative but the decision to cut off communication can't possibly be interpreted with a positive spin, it makes no sense and can only do harm to the community and coins' (and devs') reputation. We need to know they haven't abandoned us, we need to know what is being done to improve the current situation, what's the road map what's the timescale WTF is going on before this relatively small community loses interest altogether.

Okay I'm entering the arena of speculation...
It's not a game to them but more of a strategy. Obviously if you were important to the future plans you would be kept informed. Since you are not in the loop I would assume you (The miner, the current investor) are not an important part of the new roll out, whatever it may be. I would also think  the crashing price is of the moment not a concern. Maybe they are using the low value to repurchase as many coins as possible for the new kickoff. I don't know the reason but by inaction assume a low coin price is important to them. I do believe they are actively working towards a new coin and wish to bring in a NEW market of investors.
I do believe the best you can do is to hold and hold tight to the coins you have. I know others on this site must believe the same as I see their names mining away at high hash rates and talking of buying more AIR with each new low. Buy low sell high right? That's what I'm trying to do at least.

Now I have a newbie question I solomine more AIR with my crappy, crappy 200 kh GPU than I do with the pools at this current difficlty. Is this just luck or is it because I live less than 30 miles from their servers in Chicago and have less latency?

Internet of People - USA North Chapter Leader
CryptoKiller

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:46:41 PM

Now I have a newbie question I solomine more AIR with my crappy, crappy 200 kh GPU than I do with the pools at this current difficlty. Is this just luck or is it because I live less than 30 miles from their servers in Chicago and have less latency?

ping should be 0ms when you solomine...Best way to think of it is that your wallet is the pool. But it's probably more to do with luck than anything.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:51:35 PM

Partially luck... Partially (did you stay long enough to have full PPLNS), (Was the pool PPLNS setup right? For correct reward?)

Also note... You do not submit "shares" to your wallet, when solo-mining, you only submit "finds". Thus, that makes it a little faster, as you are not stopping to "submit a share", every few seconds to a distant server.

Also, try setting workload to 64 not 256, you finish work faster, and thus, check it faster and submit it faster, before a "new block" resets your workload. Also, you are finishing faster, so you get reset faster, to start on new work. Longer workloads have to finish before being submitted or reset.

I have found that most polls are not setup right. Seems the "default settings" are not actually the settings that are set. (Just had that issue fixed on air.carbonshark.com where it is operating a lot better now.)

The pools that are not setup right, have blocks where only a few miners even get credit for the work. (Usually on super-fast blocks. You will see only like 4 users got credit, the finder actually gets less credit, since his SHARE was the found block. Thus, cutting that reward out from the rest of the miners who could not submit shares into that block fast enough. Essentially making other miners only get about 50%-75% of the estimated reward, while that "winner" who had the most shares in that short-block, got essentially 300% more than they should have. Which, by the way, will never average-out per user.)

The issue is in the PPLNS settings, it says one thing is default "on", but actually is not default "on", it is "off" by default. (Not 100% sure what the setting was, as I do not operate the pool where the issue was resolved. I just pointed it out, and he resolved it.)

You will have a lucky day, and three unlucky days, then a lucky day, then three unlucky days... It goes in waves like that. (Like hitting three blocks in a row in a pool, by the same users over and over. It is not actually truly random for finding blocks, just nearly impossible to predict the pseudo-random "winner" in advance, for a block.)

In steady difficulty, you will have the same average as a pool, solo-mining. However, as difficulty constantly changes, you are battling luck v.s. reward, which will never average-out, in the long-run. Diff will rise again, as it is still rising slowly day by day. (Which is better for the coin, as a whole.)
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:01:30 PM

URGENT QUESTIONS SHOULD BE EMAILED DIRECTLY TO support@teamaircoin.org

All other questions, complaints, comments and posts on this thread will be addressed daily in a single post (with their responses added to either this post or the FAQ of the website) regularly at 6PM EST daily during launch week. After this week, questions will be dealt with 24/7 through our regular support staff.

We have a long and arduous journey ahead of us, and failure is no longer an option.

Good luck.

- Alexander

I just noticed that they have not even updated the announcement page to reflect there new stance on not posting to the thread. I can't seem to find a FAQ section of the website either. I am starting to think that even if they come back with some great plan and enthusiasm, that they are absorbing an unnecessary loss of respect from every person that visits this thread. Seems to be terrible business practice. Updating the announcement page explaining why they are not participating in the thread for the time being seems to be the least they can do. While I tried to voice my opinion that some of the vitriol being tossed was going to be counterproductive by shaking everyone's resolve, devs included, what is taking place now seems extremely amateurish and I hope they can provide some updates to the announcement page to at least leave the impression that they care. 
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:46:47 PM

Guys, they did say approx 2 weeks. We should have an update by the weekend
xhan

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 10:58:51 PM

This should cause a bit of concern as far as infringement goes... unless of course, they are actually using Aircoins...

This is certainly interesting, although I do not think it involves the Aircoin that we are familiar with:

http://blog.coinbase.com/
(see their second place winner)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwtcHLKbD6M&t=30s

Tbone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:32:54 AM

This should cause a bit of concern as far as infringement goes... unless of course, they are actually using Aircoins...

This is certainly interesting, although I do not think it involves the Aircoin that we are familiar with:

http://blog.coinbase.com/
(see their second place winner)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwtcHLKbD6M&t=30s

This seems more of a real concern.
Some kind of vulnerability possibly to KGW type coins. Don't know if this is an april fools prank or real but could be very important for the developers to know.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552895.msg6016831#msg6016831%20post%20#24

Internet of People - USA North Chapter Leader
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:33:25 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 02:57:22 AM by ISAWHIM

Guys, they did say approx 2 weeks. We should have an update by the weekend

This is a fast-paced world, 2-weeks is like... 2-years!

For anyone who thinks they may not be able to resist... Give me all your coins until then...
I'll keep you from spending them. Wink

I hope they are using the bots on the other coins, they would be making a killing on them. So many pumps... (I keep pulling my buy-orders on AIR, to make a few quick trades on the other coins.)

Side note: AIR is down to $0.049062 per AIR.
Juicemixer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:27:40 AM

It needs to stop going down because I've spent too much money like it is. One last buy and that's it.

Speaking of which... those buy and sell orders yesterday were less than a minute apart and all were in the same value. I expect bot testing, not necessarily their bot, which is a perfect time to do it since it's cheap. The low trading volume is perfect so to not interfere with the testing. It at least made Aircoin come out of the low volume list on coinmarketcap and back into the top 100 list, if only for a day.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:10:41 AM

Thus the best reason to be mining the hell out of it... Someone is making enough to cash-out, even at a loss.

If you can't afford to mine it, I do suggest that you stop mining. The premine can't be cashed-out if there is nothing listed to cash-out to. (It is getting to that point.)

Those of us who still hold, know for a fact that there is only a few of us can sell any lower. Essentially, this coin is on pause until the devs return with something. My BTC supply is growing thin. Evaporating into AIR. Tongue (I live in Florida, I can stand the humidity.)
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:18:41 AM

Thus the best reason to be mining the hell out of it... Someone is making enough to cash-out, even at a loss.

If you can't afford to mine it, I do suggest that you stop mining. The premine can't be cashed-out if there is nothing listed to cash-out to. (It is getting to that point.)

Those of us who still hold, know for a fact that there is only a few of us can sell any lower. Essentially, this coin is on pause until the devs return with something. My BTC supply is growing thin. Evaporating into AIR. Tongue (I live in Florida, I can stand the humidity.)

I am contributing all my scrypt mining power to it. Not much, 1800 Khash. I am real tempted to pull all but 360 Khash just because of the poor profitability at current prices, but since i am not really selling.... I guess I feel like I can mine something else and sell it to buy AIR at these prices. It dropped below .0001 now.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:22:32 AM

I am contributing all my scrypt mining power to it. Not much, 1800 Khash. I am real tempted to pull all but 360 Khash just because of the poor profitability at current prices, but since i am not really selling.... I guess I feel like I can mine something else and sell it to buy AIR at these prices. It dropped below .0001 now.

That places the value at $0.0476523 per AIR now... not much of a change, BTC went up a little since last time.

The diff is only 2.43 (160K), so you should see a nice volume of coins, more now that the hash-rate of the network just dropped down to 70MHs.

This is either going to be the biggest re-release, or, the biggest re-release. lol. One way or another, it will be re-birthed.
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:25:58 AM

I have a free 24 hour mining contract of 3.6 Mhash I am sitting on. I may use it soon.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:37:05 AM

I have a free 24 hour mining contract of 3.6 Mhash I am sitting on. I may use it soon.

Might want to wait until after they announce, whatever it is they are going to announce... lol.

At-least wait a few hours for the diff-level to drop to match the hash-rate. The diff is still high for the hash-rate. Should get you about 150 AIR in 24 hours soon, with that hashing-power.

That would be about $150.00 USD, if we can get this back up near the settled high. ($1.00 per AIR... Remember those days... You know, a few weeks ago. Tongue)
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:19:02 AM

Okay I'm entering the arena of speculation...
It's not a game to them but more of a strategy. Obviously if you were important to the future plans you would be kept informed. Since you are not in the loop I would assume you (The miner, the current investor) are not an important part of the new roll out, whatever it may be.
That, if it was not perfectly clear from the initial paper, should be abundantly clear by now.
I would also think  the crashing price is of the moment not a concern. Maybe they are using the low value to repurchase as many coins as possible for the new kickoff.

If someone in the real
investment world made the many false claims they have made and encouraged people to invest, they might well end up in jail.
Imagine if you were running an investment scheme and you said.."I have hired a team of traders..I have consulted with economic experts and have designed an investment that just goes up."
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:39:17 AM

I thought it was quite self-explanatory.
As I have been asked to further elaborate in a very professional and mature matter I will gladly oblige.
The basis of this coin (as I understand it) is that the developers will watch the market and if (when) market events start to devalue the currency they will step in and take action to circumvent this.

That's a very simple way of putting it, but yes.      ........

- Alexander
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:48:30 AM

It should be noted at this point the developers investing pool is entirely in Aircoin, to the sum of 2,500,000. In order to counteract large price movements they will need access to bitcoins. So in order to have this "safety-net" they must first sell aircoin. In the short term this would contradict what they hope to achieve as they would be releasing more Aircoin into the market supply (inflation).
The aggregate demand incurred during the early stages of exchange is "thinned" at a dividing price, with a portion being sold to low reserve prices (a problem with cryptocurrency I pointed out earlier) with the BTC going to those who have mined the coin and wish to exit it immediately. The other portion (significantly larger) goes to the AIRcoin pool to be grown to return to meet increasing demand.

We do not need a large amount of BTC to regulate the price.  .....
- Alexander
Did you get that?
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: