Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:01:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137226 times)
lavalledeltoro

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:27:07 PM

DDOS protection and experience with a lot of other coins!

OPEN AND WORK

Come and mine with us!!!

http://air.multi-pool.eu
Tbone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:52:30 PM

..... So why am I still here? I don't know, I guess I'm stupid.

Join the club Smiley

The comments you made earlier about one pool holding majority hashrate are true.  I was the first pool running for AIR (http://air.pitythepool.com) and Alexander was bothering me constantly via PM about trying to reduce my pool's hashrate (as if I can control that).  Now, they are totally silent.

I have left a few khash pointed at AIR for the past couple weeks, I am holding several thousand now, but about to give up.  Some weeks back, I remember Alexander posting that there would be no further updates on this thread and to PM or email him (alexander@teamaircoin.org) for updates, but I don't get any responses that way, either.

I'm about to give up here.  If these really are some college kids at the Chicago school of economics, I'm guessing we have about 2-3 more weeks before this coin can be declared as permanently deceased.  School will be out for summer Smiley
Agree, 2-3 more weeks and hopefully I hit my mining goal,(modest by most remaining miners standards) then I'm buying a bottle of single barrel Jack, drinking it over ice, leaning back in my chair and hitting the delete button, going cold storage on this coin.

Internet of People - USA North Chapter Leader
Tbone123

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:12:01 PM

Can someone please give me a mining tip based on their experience? I get home and see 4 accepted and 5 rejected. My scantime is 5 and expiry is 25. Should I up my expiry to something like 30 would that help to lessen rejected rate but maybe less accepted too?
this is for solomining

Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:33:47 AM

Can someone please give me a mining tip based on their experience? I get home and see 4 accepted and 5 rejected. My scantime is 5 and expiry is 25. Should I up my expiry to something like 30 would that help to lessen rejected rate but maybe less accepted too?
this is for solomining

I think the bigger problem is with the wallet and the poison nodes. This could be affecting your rates.

Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:09:21 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 05:44:25 AM by Cryptosapiens

this is for solomining

Are you using "--failover-only" ?

Anyway this is the best explanation I've found for expiry and scantime:

Expiry is the upper bound on how many seconds after getting work we consider a share from it stale, and it defaults to 120 seconds. That means every two minutes it will double check the current work to see if it is expired. Stratum should make this unnecessary, because it should notify the client when new work is available, but in the case where stratum doesn't notify, expiry will cause it to pick up the new work after a maximum of 2 minutes. If you're seeing lots of stales, lowering this should help, because you'll pick up the new work more frequently, at the cost of bandwidth overhead.

Scan-time is the upper bound on time spent scanning current work in seconds, and it default to -1, which is forever. This could be used to prevent work on stale blocks in the case of a network outage where new work isn't avaiable: By setting it to 5 minutes, if the miner can't get new work in 5 minutes, it'll stop looking and save you the electricity. It defaults to -1 so that you'll never stop looking, even in the case of stale work.

By setting each of these to 1 and 1, you're going for the insanity wolf level of difficulty: Every 1 second, go see if there's new work, and if you can't verify the work for 1 second, stop scanning.

Sensible settings are x0.25 - x0.5 your block confirmation time for expiry, and -1 for scan time: That ensure that you check for work on average 2-4 times before you actually expect to see new work on average, even though with stratum you don't need to, and you'll keep looking even in the case that the current work couldn't be verified to be current.

Credits to Kevlar from Feathercoin forum

This is my bat file for Soloing AIR in case diff drops below 0.5

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer.exe  --scrypt --no-submit-stale --failover-only -o http://127.0.0.1:xxxx  -O name:password -o stratum+tcp://air.carbonshark.com:9444 -O name:password  --xintensity 4 --worksize 64 -g 2  --thread-concurrency 16384 --queue 0

Using  HD7950

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:23:50 AM

Imagine a day where TeamAIRCoin posts here again.  Will be quite the mind blowing moment.  Roll Eyes
djds

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:58:45 PM

The devs are probably busy with exams and working on the x11 move.

It's time to mine!

You will get 1:1 for the new coin
atc1

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:01:30 PM

What should I so with my Aircoins? Wait for the devs to come back? Sell them? Hold and hope for the best?

Cryptosapiens

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:37:29 PM

What should I so with my Aircoins? Wait for the devs to come back? Sell them? Hold and hope for the best?

I wish I knew, guess I'll hold and hope for the best
Tbone123

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:37:44 PM

Are you using "--failover-only" ?

Anyway this is the best explanation I've found for expiry and scantime:

Expiry is the upper bound on how many seconds after getting work we consider a share from it stale, and it defaults to 120 seconds. That means every two minutes it will double check the current work to see if it is expired. Stratum should make this unnecessary, because it should notify the client when new work is available, but in the case where stratum doesn't notify, expiry will cause it to pick up the new work after a maximum of 2 minutes. If you're seeing lots of stales, lowering this should help, because you'll pick up the new work more frequently, at the cost of bandwidth overhead.

Scan-time is the upper bound on time spent scanning current work in seconds, and it default to -1, which is forever. This could be used to prevent work on stale blocks in the case of a network outage where new work isn't avaiable: By setting it to 5 minutes, if the miner can't get new work in 5 minutes, it'll stop looking and save you the electricity. It defaults to -1 so that you'll never stop looking, even in the case of stale work.

By setting each of these to 1 and 1, you're going for the insanity wolf level of difficulty: Every 1 second, go see if there's new work, and if you can't verify the work for 1 second, stop scanning.

Sensible settings are x0.25 - x0.5 your block confirmation time for expiry, and -1 for scan time: That ensure that you check for work on average 2-4 times before you actually expect to see new work on average, even though with stratum you don't need to, and you'll keep looking even in the case that the current work couldn't be verified to be current.

Credits to Kevlar from Feathercoin forum

This is my bat file for Soloing AIR in case diff drops below 0.5

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer.exe  --scrypt --no-submit-stale --failover-only -o http://127.0.0.1:xxxx  -O name:password -o stratum+tcp://air.carbonshark.com:9444 -O name:password  --xintensity 4 --worksize 64 -g 2  --thread-concurrency 16384 --queue 0

Using  HD7950

Thanks for the info one more follow up. I see you are using worksize 64 not 128. I read here somehere that can increase you submission rate but possibly your rejection too. When I try W 64 my hash rate drops about 2 kh/s. Do you think that is a good trade in performance for speed of submission or if my kh drops at all I should stick with W 128?
Thanks

Cryptosapiens

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:45:47 PM

I´ve tried with 64, 128 and 256, normally when mining at the pool I'm using 256, with CGminer 3.7.2 kalroth build and lantis's bin, it gives me an higher WU.

When solo mining I'm using 64 cause you will submit your shares faster and if it's the right one you will have a small advantage, according to ISAWHIM.

I guess the only way to really know is to mine at least one day at each setting.

Unfortunately I don´t solomine a lot cause my hashrate is not big enough to see blocks solved at least each hour at diff higher than 0.5

However with the settings I'm using i solomined for 23h some days ago  and I got 13 blocks accepted and just one rejected.

Also you may try running a wallet on another computer you might gets less block rejected since you will have another node broadcasting your finds.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:30:37 PM

Since luck comes in waves, and smaller diffs = faster finds... When one person finds a block, in his "wave of luck", thus finds 2-4 more faster than everyone, (since they built off their block faster than it was broadcast)... In those instances, you will see a lot more rejects with smaller workload sizes.

With larger workload sizes, you are still "looking", while a new block is found, and you don't attempt to submit that work, your miner just throws it away, once it is complete. With smaller workload sizes, you will potentially see more rejects, because you finish faster and submit a fraction of a second faster than those still processing a larger workload size.

This is true for solo and in pools. However, in pools, it should give you, potentially, one to three extra shares submitted, per new-block. (Over workload 256.) But again, you will also see more rejects, as there too, your work was submitted, not just thrown away as you get a "new block detected".

At the end of the day, those with more machines will notice greater advantages, while those with only a smaller single rig, may not notice any difference.

Rejects are not bad, unless they are excessive. (Fast block-time coins naturally have more rejects. BTC, for instance, has few. Due to difficulty, luck and long times between blocks.)

If errors are always excessive, it is because you are connected to a node that is usually too far away. Thus, it is taking them a lot longer to send you the new-block info... or you are connected to a rogue-node set, who is purposely rejecting any "submits" that are not their own. They do that to stall your submitted work, in hope that they find a block, which they confirm before yours. (They may also stall "new block found" data.) Just shut-down your wallet, and restart it. You should connect to faster nodes from the list you built. Otherwise you will remain on those sour nodes, until they boot you.)

Also helps if you choose a pool located in your own country/state/city/network. Hopping country-gates and country-backbones or even network-hubs, causes a lot of buffered lag that is unavoidable.

I love it when I hit like 5 blocks in a row, only seconds apart from one another. After having not found one for an hour. It is funny. As "random" as the results should be, there is an obvious pattern of waves, due to the pseudo-random numbers and the fact that everything is based off prime-numbers for the hashing. (Look at any pool and you see the same patterns... waves of 3 and 4 and 5, all from the same people, enough that you can almost predict who will hit the next wave. Just not so predictable that you could ever tell which block they will hit.)
inex

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:37:40 PM

This coin has been nothing but disappointment. I was a backer for this coin and was constantly promoting it. The sad truth is that this coin was run by children. Even if there is an Aircoin 2.0/3.0/4.0 I wouldn't support it. I know who the devs of this coin are and I have proof to back it up. I have sent multiple emails to the dev team with no response. If I don't hear back from them within 24-48 hours I will make this information publicly available to everyone.

Thanks,
/Inex
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:44:28 PM

This coin has been nothing but disappointment. I was a backer for this coin and was constantly promoting it. The sad truth is that this coin was run by children. Even if there is an Aircoin 2.0/3.0/4.0 I wouldn't support it. I know who the devs of this coin are and I have proof to back it up. I have sent multiple emails to the dev team with no response. If I don't hear back from them within 24-48 hours I will make this information publicly available to everyone.

Thanks,
/Inex

Well this is interesting. This is only your third post on this forum, where have you been constantly promoting Aircoin exactly??

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Tbone123

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:38:17 PM

Thanks,
/Inex

Well this is interesting. This is only your third post on this forum, where have you been constantly promoting Aircoin exactly??
I guess the only part that interests me is the multiple emails with no response.
Has anyone else experienced this lately? My last email to them was responded to but that was about 2 weeks ago.

Juicemixer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:19:22 PM

I received a response from an email I sent about four days ago. They respond but they are in no hurry to do it.

Constantly being silent is reaffirming the whole thing is a scam. If it is a scam then they did a really piss poor job at pulling off this scam. The only thing that I could think of that you can gain from being this silent after announcing what your plans are is to limit the amount of people that will be asking for the new coins. Have a lot of hype and you'll have a lot of people asking for the coin giveaway which could all end up being dumped once the new coin is released resulting in what happened to the old coin when it first released on poloniex. Stay silent and make everyone believe it's a dead coin except for the limited coin supporters thereby resulting in fewer coins to give away. Of course only the devs know the true intentions. For all we know they are playing beer pong laughing how they scam us for free beer money.

One thing is for sure is that most of the pre-mine is still there except for some coin movement that happened yesterday. I'm not sure which wallet is the polo wallet that bot is using or someone personal wallet.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:45:51 AM

The hope for this coin is that team air thinks so highly of itself that they reassess and come up with something good. Hopefully no more crap, like "we hired a team of traders"... Smiley
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:46:10 AM

The hope for this coin is that team air thinks so highly of itself that they reassess and come up with something good. Hopefully no more crap, like "we hired a team of traders"... Smiley

If nothing else the trading mechanism they devised has given Aircoin a solid floor for a while now when it could of been much worse. I bought back in because of that and due to the 1:1 offer. More updates would be nice but they haven't left themselves much to say here until the new wallet is ready and this thing can be relaunched.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
OmarGsPools

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:49:19 AM

I'll be honest, I always thought this coin had great potential. The trading system was a great feature and it was successful for the most part. With a few tweaks to their system it really could've held up. I hope to see the dev team back shortly with the announcement of the new AIRcoin.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:54:04 AM

I can't keep supporting this coin not with dev's that treat its "investors" (which is exactly what we are) the way they have.

Won't be supporting air 2.0 either. It would have been better off if they completly up and dissapeared atleast then we could look for a competent dev team.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: