Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:36:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137226 times)
Juicemixer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:08:49 AM

If you are at 60k coins then that is what... a good 1/3 of the coins mined so far? I think you'll be nicely set if the devs actually do what they say they are doing. I've seen coins just as dead as Aircoin receive faster updates. Even Beecoin is changing their whole coin to a x11 PoS coin in less time. Last I checked there wasn't a university backing that coin.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:35:24 AM

If you are at 60k coins then that is what... a good 1/3 of the coins mined so far? I think you'll be nicely set if the devs actually do what they say they are doing. I've seen coins just as dead as Aircoin receive faster updates. Even Beecoin is changing their whole coin to a x11 PoS coin in less time. Last I checked there wasn't a university backing that coin.

I think they are still trying to focus on the development of the exchange. Not sure who is developing the coin for them, but he seems over his head at the moment. The issue with the LTC chain-overlap and "update your LTC client", and "chain state is too old", are common issues that have been resolved ages ago, on other coins. My guess is, that they pulled the source from an older clone, closer to LTC, and have not checked the diffs of other coins. You can see all the changes made, which resolved these more common issues, in all of the other clone coins.

Also too, they seem to want to add a lot of untested functionality to the coin itself. I assume, they are fighting with a way to keep the "rewards" secure. Which is, well, impossible, if they depend on an external device to adjust reward. That is why, to remain decentralized, BTC created the formulated rewards. The formula is the same on all machines. There is no middle-man that can manipulate the rewards. There is no security feature you could use, unless you went with a proprietary set of code, which would suffice. But then, that crosses legal boundaries with the BTC code. Not to mention, then it turns the coin itself, into something like ripple, or paypal, or a "manipulated share-holder stock". No-one wants to be manipulated. (Though, in essence, we all are being manipulated by one another.)

Having the exchange, with an artificial "points" system, will be the only way they can accomplish this. Essentially, like cryptsy has cryptsy-points and how mcxNOW has MCXfees and MCXbux, and how the whole DIEM process now works. (With DIEM, you are essentially being paid in DIEM, but actually mining whatever coin they use your miner for. You could be actually mining DRK or HIRO or even AIR, you don't know, because you are only earning DIEM. Chances are, you are not earning as much as they are getting in value from the actual coins you mine.)
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:09:25 PM

1. We don't need another SCRYPT coin with mining operations taking years, that will create HUGE selling pressure during mining period (years), selling pressure -> lower coin prices ->forcing miners out ->  falling AIR hashrate ( especially in the light of new SCRYPT dedicated miners coming online now).
arrival of X11-based miners can only be beneficial to it, adding hashpower ->value ->price.

Not sure if I understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that adding SCRYPT ASICS(Increasing hashing) would be bad, but adding X11-based ASICS(Increasing hashing) would be beneficial?

All I know is that the dev team needs to do something..anything...even if it's wrong...JUST DO SOMETHING.. 

Just kidding about the "even if it's wrong," part.

Tbone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:36:47 PM

1. We don't need another SCRYPT coin with mining operations taking years, that will create HUGE selling pressure during mining period (years), selling pressure -> lower coin prices ->forcing miners out ->  falling AIR hashrate ( especially in the light of new SCRYPT dedicated miners coming online now).
arrival of X11-based miners can only be beneficial to it, adding hashpower ->value ->price.

Not sure if I understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that adding SCRYPT ASICS(Increasing hashing) would be bad, but adding X11-based ASICS(Increasing hashing) would be beneficial?

All I know is that the dev team needs to do something..anything...even if it's wrong...JUST DO SOMETHING.. 

Just kidding about the "even if it's wrong," part.

Yes, I could not agree more . Can the AIR Team at least provide a status update posted here or on your website?

Internet of People - USA North Chapter Leader
Real_GM

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:23:21 PM

Woah. Alexander / Aircoin responded. That was something unexpected to me. 

I guess time to breath some life back into Air.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
500crypto

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:09:40 PM

Woah. Alexander / Aircoin responded. That was something unexpected to me. 

I guess time to breath some life back into Air.

Saw his response but didnt make much of it... as in no real updates or plans. AIR is still air to me at this point.
infinitewealth

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:31:13 AM

Aircoin sounds like its up in the air.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:15:55 PM

This coin has been nothing but disappointment. I was a backer for this coin and was constantly promoting it. The sad truth is that this coin was run by children. Even if there is an Aircoin 2.0/3.0/4.0 I wouldn't support it. I know who the devs of this coin are and I have proof to back it up. I have sent multiple emails to the dev team with no response. If I don't hear back from them within 24-48 hours I will make this information publicly available to everyone.

Thanks,
/Inex

Any update about the identity of the devs? I'm fairly sure that they are college students, but still curious to find out for sure. Thanks!

I think most of us quit giving a shit a couple weeks ago.  Roll Eyes
alexminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:06:56 AM

Interesting Article about MIT BITCOIN project:
"MIT Project to Distribute $500,000 in Bitcoin to Undergraduates"
Link:
http://www.coindesk.com/mit-students-distribute-500000-bitcoin-undergraduates/
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:01:25 AM

I started mining this again. It always remains "profitable" as I mine it, but only if I intend to sell it right away. Since I have not been selling, I have only seen my unrealized gains dwindle. There is no sense in continuing. I should have just mined something else and bought in at these prices. Oh well. I hope something significant is announced soon or there may be a point of no return for interest in this project. Not gonna dump the coins I have, but I think I am gonna be satisfied with my current stake and leave it at that.
Jires

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:40:30 AM

this was always one of the most undervalued coins out there.i like the name above most others.
·
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:22:23 PM

I must be out of my mind, I am back to mining this again. I just can't resist the low diff and tons of aircoin dropping into my wallet. I will either be patting myself on the back or calling myself a fool at some point.... whenever that may be. Too long and I may lose my sanity.   Tongue
labestia

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:50:44 PM

I must be out of my mind, I am back to mining this again. I just can't resist the low diff and tons of aircoin dropping into my wallet. I will either be patting myself on the back or calling myself a fool at some point.... whenever that may be. Too long and I may lose my sanity.   Tongue

heh, i come back to it every once in a while when the diff is low enough to solo and still see those notifications every once in a while for that visual gratification that your machine is being productive

I always felt the dev team came across as extremely professional, especially compared to some of the stuff which was coming out at the time Air came along.  If their initial vision/goals for the coin ever come to fruition, your insanity would hopefully be rewarded...  and mine too  Grin
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:13:24 PM

I always felt the dev team came across as extremely professional, especially compared to some of the stuff which was coming out at the time Air came along.  If their initial vision/goals for the coin ever come to fruition, your insanity would hopefully be rewarded...  and mine too  Grin

I am still banking on that.

Literally. xD
arniebaby

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:08:55 PM

I am still banking on that.

Literally. xD
Banking on it too but losing hope.........

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
Tbone123

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:00:27 AM

Poloniex is down, wallet server hacked. Busoni says all coins and deposits safe. Seems it will be back up by tomorrow.
Read here for more if you were wondering why you couldn't access your AIR coins or other.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420836.msg6515293#msg6515293

loveyou

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:02:22 AM

I'm back to check in on the depressing state of things.
Did the premine really get sold?
Are you fucking kidding me.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.T9GawsANJGGhRZvsuDwTcfLMzPLATER6jP
Tbone123

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:07:02 AM

I'm back to check in on the depressing state of things.
Did the premine really get sold?
Are you fucking kidding me.
Premine Not sold read here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476383.1980

Real_GM

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:20:23 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 05:34:06 PM by Real_GM

Premined won't be sold anytime soon. the volume is too low to dump anything. the average volume on poloniex is less than  $10 USD.

I do find the Aircoin team to be very professional in the beginning. However, when shit hits the fan, they backed off and disappeared. To me that is not a professional way to deal with anything in life. Without constant communication, FUD happens. That's is the nail to the coffin for any crypto that is losing steam. Even horrible politicians/ceo who lose the country/company billions can still remain in their positions... why? because they communicate and butter us up with what is coming in the future.

What the team should have done is to post regularly to comment the state of affairs of things, and any neutral and positive comments will do.

The amount of AIR I am holding was considered a lot in the beginning, but now it's a insignificant amount compared to what other's have mined.

It is really too bad that the community can't take over due to the premined coin. There were a lot of intelligent and passionate contributors on this thread, as a community we can probably revive it but I think it has passed that point.

Scrypt-N won't change anything in my opinion. As a GPU miner myself, the arrival of scrypt asic is the death of me. However, to the overall future of crypto, it helps raise the coin's value due to the sustainability and commitment of the ASIC buyers/farmers. People who say ASIC is unfair and undermines the distribution aspect of Cryptocurrency are delusional. It is already unfair without ASIC. GPU farms with 100+ gpus are already considered as "small farms". Normal users just can't compete with that. In fact, the only way to compete with big GPU farms is to buy ASIC lol.

Also, the Alliance the Aircoin team proposed seems like a bad idea to me. The investment pool was suppose to "pump and dump" other coins and return the profit back to AIRcoin's value. It's pretty genius because the Pump and Dump weakens competing coin while attracting buyers / investors to Aircoin's raising value. It is possible the most profitable pump and dumb is a coin that is part of the Alliance, if the investment pool attack it, the Alliance is no more.

ANyways, I'm done with my rant.

Bottomline, the idea of an investment pool is awesome, but the execution by the Aircoin team was horrendous.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
alexminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:35:16 PM

Sold all AIR, good luck to those who stay, I am out. I just don't see how AIR team is going to win in cryptoworld with this attitude to their investors.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: