Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:44:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?  (Read 2230 times)
prediction on bush

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:50:23 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

Can cryptocurrency stand stand without bitcoin? of course yes cryptocurrency can stand but did not very well because bitcoin is the cryptocurrecy and also like the founder of all cryptocurrency.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 03:51:59 PM

I don't think any crypto will able to stand alone without Bitcoin. Bitcoin is connected with all alt coin, and people do trade with BTC, so it is nearly impossible. If BTC goes, then all crypto will be gone too. But that wouldn't happen though.

bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:01:05 PM

Yes it absolutely can - or at least, it should. There are many projects that are amazing on their own but since they are pegged to bitcoin, their value is based off that
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:13:25 PM

To be honest, I do not really think that it could not stand without Bitcoin. You know the reason why? It is because Bitcoin is the only way gateway towards converting straight to fiat currency. For now, almost all tokens are influenced with the price of Bitcoin nowadays. This is the reality for now. Just my two sats.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:46:36 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 10:07:32 PM by Himanshu111

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

Can cryptocurrency stand stand without bitcoin? of course yes cryptocurrency can stand but did not very well because bitcoin is the cryptocurrecy and also like the founder of all cryptocurrency.
I do not think that cryptocurrency can stand without bitcoin.Bitcoin is the father of all the cryptocurrencies and the prices of other cryptocurrencies and altcoins are regulated with respect to bitcoin only.Bitcoin is the most valuable and expensive cryptocurrency in the market.People invest in bitcoin only rather than any other cryptocurrency as it is the most trusted one.The topic of cryptocurrencies is known by bitcoin only.
crypto002

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:20:13 PM

well it can but its very diffcult to stand without bitcoin because just look at market the bitcoin has not yet recover and who crypto market is also not yet recover yet. if bitcoin goes down all the currency goes down and if bitcoin goes up all currency goes up. they are related to each other
justsimpleram

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

For me it can't stand without bitcoin. Because one of the foundation of cryptocurrency is the bitcoin and bitcoin have so many uses in the cryptoworld. And some of the crypto are depending on the bitcoin that affects their price.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:39:21 PM

For me YES, because there are still some cryptocurrencies that are much better than Bitcoin, for me Bitcoin is too aged, the transaction fees in bitcoin is too high, there are many new cryptocurrencies that are much better than bitcoin, but only few people know what it is, still Bitcoin is the famous among the rest.
emmiebrizzie

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:43:04 PM

A lot of people keep saying that bitcoin has no use but over 30% of online store currently accept bitcoin as a means of payment. People have started accepting and also using it to process transactions so i dont think bitcoin can ever disappear.
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:55:42 PM

I believe anything can happen in the crypto World. that means Bitcoin can disappear too. But I think it will take a long time before it happens. so far I don't see any reason for Bitcoin to disappear from the Crypto World. and besides, Bitcoin is still the number one Coin in the Crypto World.

Tulanpa

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:16:33 PM

Severally, people av been commenting whether other coin can supersede bitcoin, but the answer is no bcos bitcoin itself dictate d price of all other coin
ashame

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:32:54 PM

Bitcoin is one important thing in cryptocurrency and I think it is crucial for crypto to have bitcoin since it is a strong power. Maybe crypto wouldn't stand without bitcoin
Yes, Bitcoin is also part Bitcoin, crypto currency exist before bitcoin and still circulating at this age.
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 10:43:48 PM

Dude, bitcoin is the first one coin that being cryptocurrency, or it's mean bitcoin is the mother of crypto. I think bitcoin can survive to several years later and this is still be a part of crypto. For altcoin that will be replace bitcoin on top 1 is ethereum, ethereum can overtake bitcoin cause this network and technology can expanse crypto real use in world.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
fluctuations

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:49:16 PM

It is so. All people are interested in this market because of blockchain technology, not because of bitcoin. So if bitcoin is destroyed then this market will survive and grow.
Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:59:11 PM

Cryptocurrency without bitcoin could stand but trust me the crypto world will never be the same. Individuals will get scared and probably decrease the number of investors in cryptocurrency

Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:10:27 PM

Cryptocurrency without bitcoin could stand but trust me the crypto world will never be the same. Individuals will get scared and probably decrease the number of investors in cryptocurrency
I think so.It will still survive even without bitcoin but maybe those investors whos fave is bitcoin will find it quite hard to invest into some other altcoins.I think ethereum will replace bitcoin's position in the future.This one is also very promising next to bitcoin.

teamspike911

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:40:17 PM

Yes, but later.
Now all other currencies are dependent on it. However, I'm sure that early or late this should change ... I do not think bitcoin will forever be at the head of all crypto currency
lotsky123

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:55:40 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 12:21:37 AM by lotsky123

Bitcoin is the reason why other crypto existed. If bitcoin will be out of the picture, then something bad might happen with other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin purpose is a digital currency and is other option with our fiat money. If it is gone, we can no longer enjoy its purpose as a currency unless other crypto step up and replace bitcoin and its main purpose as a digital money.
Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:59:09 PM

I think that's impossible, because bitcoin has great confidence, and if bitcoin disappears then public confidence in other coins will also disappear.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:14:55 AM

Yes, but later.
Now all other currencies are dependent on it. However, I'm sure that early or late this should change ... I do not think bitcoin will forever be at the head of all crypto currency
Thats right the possibility exists, because bitcoin is not perfect, of course there will be developers wanting a technological upgrade that is more sophisticated and new than bitcoin, and maybe they will make better than bitcoin, but the hard part is getting others to move to the coins, because you know a lot of people are very comfortable and believe in bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: