Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:20:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?  (Read 2230 times)

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:39:49 PM

Not sure that it is possible, because all pairs on exchanges are with bitcoin, plus it is the most stable currency on the market. I am pretty sure that bitcoin will be positioned as a digital gold in the nearest future.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:14:07 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

We can not close every possibility that maybe come, but i think it will be hard for any kind of altcoin to beat the popularity of bitcoin. Because like you can see, untill now bitcoin is remain superior.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
Luke101

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:15:14 PM

There is possibility but as of today reliant of crypto to Bitcoin is still needed.
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:20:47 PM

You can think about bitcoin that it's useless or not in terms of usability.  But the truth is if bitcoin will go off crypto investment will come with less trust and draw the Crypto world to an end.
Delinquency

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:24:46 PM

Maybe another coin can topple bitcoin from its throne. But I don't think it's possible for now. Bitcoin is main currency in this new technology. It's the one, it's the origin. And still its dominance about %50. You can think bitcoin as gold. Gold is useless in practical, but any currency in the world is trash without it. So I think this new technology and economic system will need bitcoin, always Wink
Tulanpa

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:25:12 PM

I will say it depend on which blockchain d coin is issue, if d coin is issue on bitcoin blockchain definitely if bitcoin die, d coin also die but if it is on other blockchain like ethereum it can not affect it. 
meerkatoken
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:26:23 PM

In my opinion the answer is no.

Bitcoin really is the digital gold at least within the crypto market. Techologically and psicologically bitcoin is so stable that if it fails that means the idea of blockchain failed. That is only possibley if somehow a better or at least competitive technology comes out from some huge company like IBM or Microsoft. This is very unlikely to happen. The only shot they seem to give is the hyperledger but even that idea is based on fundamentals of the blockchain. Right now i dont see a scenario where bitcoin can die. If that happens that means that something very bad happened within the crypto space. Like Binance going down and hecked or smtg like that....
franciscoDC

Activity: 357
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:29:48 PM

Everything now is possible so don`t think negative,in this world now there are so many possible things that could happen and your question is, if crypto can stand without bitcoin,i think yes but currently bitcoin was seeming be eternal because of the user of it that increasing and increasing.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬
rancidgash

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:42:33 PM

In my opinion it would be hard but there is some chance that market without the "king" could live it's own life, nowadays crypto is developed to this level that it could just still be active wihout bitcoin.
BTCbengi

Activity: 241

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:47:06 PM

I think this is impossible because Bitcoin seems to have a great influence on the Crypto market so if it goes away, it would be hard for the market to survive. Bitcoin is like a representative currency and is a swap unit from Crypto to or from cash. Therefore, we still need its existence

Shadon24

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:47:16 PM

crypto can exist without bitcoin and vice versa bitcoin can exist without the crypto but if both coexist and develop as well as they are present in the digital market it is perfect
camric09

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:50:48 PM

I think this is impossible because Bitcoin seems to have a great influence on the Crypto market so if it goes away, it would be hard for the market to survive. Bitcoin is like a representative currency and is a swap unit from Crypto to or from cash. Therefore, we still need its existence

It still depend on the process that will be implemented when bitcoin disappear, like a new blockchain or a new crypto that will lead the market. For me, I think other cryptos can still stand without bitcoin.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
finlandais

Activity: 397

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:57:02 PM

I think no, crytocurrency can't stand without BTC because it has a major contribution in cryptomarket and moreover one of the most trusted coin at present.Maximum investors in cryptomarket are of bitcoin.So we can imagine a market without Bitcoin.A slight change in BTC's growth disturbs the cryptomarket.No doubt  other coins are also important but i believe that Bitcoin is ahead of them in all aspects.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
doremonnm

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:59:37 PM

It is difficult to predict how bitcoin develops and how it develops in the future
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:00:20 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

Calling bitcoin useless can be done only by an ignorant who has absolutely no idea on cryptocurrencies or economics at all. Do yourself a favor and learn something before posting.

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
vonnyaries

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:03:10 PM

if bitcoin is suddenly vanished i think the market of cryptocurrency will chaos and the price of all cryptocurrencies will drop and maybe some coin will died, because of bitcoin vanished, but if slowly bitcoin is change by the other coin that have more benefits than bitcoin i think cryptocurrencies and market is stable

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
kpd918@ra

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:06:38 PM

Bitcoin is also just a crypto that has been successfully developed on Blockchain! Bitcoin or any altcoin can be replaced by a better altcoin!
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:10:06 PM

Just like everyone else said, bitcoin is going to be harder to replace because it was the first cryptocurrency that was made with blockchain technology. It is the original cryptocurrency so it will be hardest to replace. There may be a lot of cryptocurrency that came out after bitcoin but bitcoin will remain, despite its rise and fall. Also, bitcoin can be used by a lot more compared to other cryptocurrencies so other altcoin will have a hard time replacing it.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:15:27 PM

The main thing their is the blockchain mate, whatever was coin will be the next on number one spot. And as i seen mate, other companies right now started to accept bitcoin as a payment and btc is more stable compared to other currency. Bitcoin was the first coin published jere in cryptocurrency and thats hard enough to get it into this world.
Gracie12

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:30:31 PM

BTC is the symbol or leading role of cryptocurrency. If BTC is not used, it will have a negative effect on the value of BTC. Do you still think other encryption is valuable?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: