Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:33:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?  (Read 2230 times)
bkrobottc1

Activity: 183
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:38:50 PM

I can not imagine someday bitcoin no longer exists. Bitcoin is the common currency of cryptocurrency world. If bitcoin is no longer exists, what crypto currency will replace it in order to lead this market?
vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:06:23 PM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and its network or the public ledger was considered the first blockchain. I am 100% sure that cryptocurrencies will prevail even without Bitcoins. There are many solid projects lie ETH, NEO, XRP. Stellar Lumens that can really strengthen cryptocurrencies in the long run. As a result, I am not at least worried about crypto and blockchain without Bitcoins.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:32:03 AM

I'm thinking of many logical comparisons where we can describe bitcoin has the highest position of them all.

But to explain briefly since there are too many posts that have said their opinions about the question and most of them told almost the same on my mind.

I'll only say to those that are thinking that crypto market can stand without bitcoin, crypto's will never be too strong and the same without bitcoin.
Bitcoin has been the king of all cryptocurrencies, already has a large edge, and been the benchmark of all other cryptocurrencies. Realistically, there have been other potential coins, ICO's in the market. In addition, despite the differences and its potential I still believe that each coin has its own strengths and weaknesses, it has different functionalities, offered great opportunities, and it's up to us to decide where to trade or invest. It depends how that coins strengthen its network, promote, and support its system for it to stand stronger and gain trust from the public. Better do background check, do research, and be strategic.
What are those other potential coins/ICO's that are now in the market? I don't buy with those words anymore, those who are claiming to have that coin are most likely to fail.

About your opinion that they have weaknesses and strengths, I agree with it but we're only talking about bitcoin here and what will happen if ever there's no bitcoin for the market.

Altcoiners will say the same thing that you have said.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Goodwin54

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:20:15 AM

Crypto currency may not stand properly without bitcoin.
AllStrong002

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:21:56 AM

Bitcoin runs in blockchain technology and that is the reason of whole crypto currency will face problems without bitcoin.
GreenCoast021

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:23:45 AM

It will be very difficult for the other crypto currencies to stand properly without bitcoin as btc is the father of all coins.
cryptoadobo

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:26:18 AM

Definitely yes crypto currency will stand alone without bitcoin. Not all altcoins are dependent to bitcoin since every alternative coins have each unique specification and benefits to the users. I would be more believable that altcoins will never survive without any listed exchange sites for them to make transaction of buy and sell.
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:27:15 AM

Truly, the cryptographic money can at present remain without bitcoin inasmuch as we can even now contribute and exchange. Be that as it may, suspecting that bitcoin will vanish and its rank will supplant by an altcoin is extremely unimaginable. Altcoins are too a long way from Bitcoin. The measurements appears and the market tells that bitcoin is unsurpassable by any altcoin that is the reason it is difficult to simply vanish.
wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:27:38 AM

When someone talks about cryptocurrency, of course they will say bitcoin. Bitcoin is the first crypto that exists and has the highest price and has been trusted by many people around the world, and bitcoin became the king of crypto, where other coins will move following the bitcoin price movement. Thus in my opinion if bitcoin dies, then the cryptocurrency will also die. Because cryptocurrency will not be able to survive alone without bitcoin.
Guesstures012301

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:39:55 AM

I think cryptocurrency without bitcoin will be very difficult to stand properly withour bitcoin, the father of all cryptocurrencies. But i can't imagine the world without bitcoin.
maiduytrinh

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:48:22 AM

I disagree that bitcoin is useless. Many people use bitcoin as a storage of money, some uses it as a currency and also for other transactions.
As an answer to your question, I think it is possible that an altcoin can lead the market someday, however, it will only be possible if bitcoin crashes and lose its popularity which is I think will took to long to happen. Bitcoin is just getting started to attract investors, from last year's price until now that many advertisements
hongthoa498156@gmail.com

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:51:03 AM

I disagree that bitcoin is useless. Many people use bitcoin as a storage of money, some uses it as a currency and also for other transactions.
As an answer to your question, I think it is possible that an altcoin can lead the market someday, however, it will only be possible if bitcoin crashes and lose its popularity which is I think will took to long to happen. Bitcoin is just getting started to attract investors
derekeaton

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:53:08 AM

I think that it is quite possible that in the future another cryptocurrency will shift bitcoin from his throne. But I do not think that this will happen in the near future. Now bitcoin is at the top and goes ahead of the other cryptocurrencies.
hotBriX001

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 11:10:43 AM

I think cryptocurrency without bitcoin will be very difficult to stand properly withour bitcoin, the father of all cryptocurrencies. But i can't imagine the world without bitcoin.

For my own opinion cryptocurrency without bitcoin can still stand but it will slow down dignity of the crypto market and some investors would turn out their eagerness of investing. Because the mainstream of it would be the presence of the crypto King which is the Bitcoin itself that influence the majority of the crytocurrencies.

▬▬ ● ● Destream Fine Ecosystem for STREAMERS ● ● ▬▬
▬▬ ● ● STREAMER'S FINANCIAL ECOSYSTEM ● ● ▬▬
walcott

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:04:47 PM

Of course , cryptocurrency can stand without Bitcoin. That's the essence of blockchain , no reliance on anyone ...each project should be able to perform on its own provided it has good use case .
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:06:30 PM

It would be very very hard for crypto to stand without bitcoin. I think it is almost impossible since bitcoin is the number one in the market and it is a power

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:07:32 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

Bitcoin is the main and the oldest cryptocurrency and almost all the traders use Bitcoins for trading even who are doing long term investment they kept Bitcoins only because they are pretty sure about the future of the Bitcoins but not the other cryptocurrencies which are new to the market so as per me I don't think the cryptocurrency market will go on without the process of Bitcoin.
genolica

Activity: 121
Merit: 7

◆ SHREW ◆ Discounted Pre-Sale

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:09:03 PM

I think it can stand without bitcoin I think they just need to meet the requirements that the bitcoin is having for. Like bitcoin/USD, that exchange pairs. All alts should have that. To protect their price so that they cannot be affected by bitcoin dominance.

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
JanetGray12a14

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:14:14 PM

I do not think so. If Bitcoin is lost we can still or move because Cryptocurrency is a big industry specializing in Cryptos and Bitcoin is one of them we probably do not need Bitcoin to maintain it. I think if Bitcoin loses, Cryptocurrency will be less prominent in the market
dannywhite

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:18:54 PM

No bitcoin is no 1 because of Father and hype not due to goodness than other coins.
A lot of altcoins are a lot more better than bitcoin itself.

What are your arguments to that? Yes, this currency is the most expensive one but that's the point - it has the biggest worth and the biggest popularity. So why not?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: