Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:07:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?  (Read 2230 times)
greg0rioo

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:24:46 PM

Blockchain is technology behind Bitcoin.It´s difficult to imagine that cryptocurrency world exist without Bitcoin but it is possibile.
Yes I agree with you, blockchain is bitcoin technology, it's hard to imagine if cryptocurrency is without bitcoin. I myself am also confused if bitcoin is no longer in cryptocurrency. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gila uang

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:35:46 PM

I think the reason is that the cryptocurrency market can not stand without bitcoin and that there is no competitor against Bitcoin because there is no potential cryptocurrency that can beat the volume and volatility of bitcoin because the cryptocurrency market is running well.
And also because bitcoin stands at the top level of the entire cryptocurrency market based on high demand, volatility and high potential.
virarara

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:39:49 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

Sorry earlier instead I am against you, I think you are wrong about bitcoin can not be used. Bitcoin can already be used as a transaction tool and even fast food restaurants have received bitcoin as a transaction tool.
BitcoinGuru123

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:46:52 PM

Yes, I believe that this is possible, but the market will suffer very much. Literally yesterday, bitcoin lost several percent of its value, and on the rest of the crypto currency it was much worse, they lost about 5-10 percent.
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:55:16 PM

For now the truth is most altcoins are pegged to Bitcoin. If the Bitcoin price is going up rapidly, then people holding altcoins will probably sell them in order to move their money to Bitcoin and ride that wave. This means – in turn – that the price of altcoins probably will go down when the price of Bitcoin goes up rapidly. However, the price of altcoins will most likely also go down when the price of Bitcoin goes down, as the holders of altcoins then exit such altcoins to go back into fiat. Accordingly, if Bitcoins value would depreciate and go down to zero, that would presumably also be the case for other coins.
adjudicator

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:06:57 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

Cryptocurrencies are independent to each other because there are different person who are responsible for managing it. So I think although there is no bitcoin, other cryptos can run normal, the thing is that bitcoin is the most popular so everyone think that bitcoin is the top and leads the other cryptos.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Belliapro

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:21:02 PM

if I don't think altcoin can beat bitcoin and replace bitcoin, bitcoin cannot disappear, because there are still many investors who believe in bitcoin,
and in the case of prices there are no altcoins that can match it, bitcoin is the main coin, without bitcoin then altcoin is not worth
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:24:04 PM

if I don't think altcoin can beat bitcoin and replace bitcoin, bitcoin cannot disappear, because there are still many investors who believe in bitcoin,
and in the case of prices there are no altcoins that can match it, bitcoin is the main coin, without bitcoin then altcoin is not worth
Alternative coin cannot stand alone without bitcoin because there is no direct conversion from other crypto to fiat. It is beded to convert it into bitcoin before it turns to fiat currency. In fact other cryptocurrency was only depending on bitcoin because it serves as a mother of all crypto in the market.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kwusu

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 11:34:49 PM

Am not sure cryptocurrency will stand without the almighty bitcoin. Bitcoin is the father of all the cryptocurrencies and it has stand the test if time. Bitcoin has now become the face of cryptocurrency to which all the coins look up to and are compared to.
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:37:40 PM

Of course, Cryptocurrency can stand without Bitcoin. This is not a problem Bitcoin is number 1 in coin market cap. This is a matter of the times. Inevitably, humans need cryptocurrency with the need for practicality in transacting. So, maybe if ETH first existed as the initiator of cryptocurrency, maybe ETH would be number 1.
ginellis

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:45:23 AM

When someone talks about cryptocurrency, of course they will say bitcoin. Bitcoin is the first crypto that exists and has the highest price and has been trusted by many people around the world, and bitcoin became the king of crypto, where other coins will move following the bitcoin price movement. Thus in my opinion if bitcoin dies, then the cryptocurrency will also die. Because cryptocurrency will not be able to survive alone without bitcoin.
Same opinion I have, without bitcoin people will not accept crypto currency. Actually bitcoin is a base of crypto then we can't ignore it and also bitcoin is in number one, that's why people know about other altcoin because of Bitcoin.
Digixhub

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 08:18:04 AM

Today we have a lot of cryptocurrencies in the market which has got a good potential to give equal or better payback but considering the fact that bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and its price graphs are attracting a lot of new investors in the market, its tough to accept its disappearance. If by any means bitcoin vanishes from the market, market panic will begin for sure and the trust of the investors will be shaken which is going to affect the whole crypto market adversely. But, this trading market will gain the trust of the investors with some time and results and slowly other cryptocurrencies will come in action and trades will go on.
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 08:25:52 AM

of usability.

I don't know whether Bitcoin can sustain in future or not but the blockchain space is looking very interesting. Day by Day the experts from every corner of the world are trying to solve the problems in the blockchain industry like scalability and Interoperability and many others.

But in my view no Altcoin will replace the Bitcoin due to its scarcity and contains properties of medium of exchange.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:26:10 AM

Re: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?

cryptocurrency is a general term for altcoins and bitcoins but if bitcoin dissapears i think altcoins will also disapear because many people said that their value is totally related to each other . altcoin value is only based on bitcoin and whatever happend to bitcoin , altcoins will also follow its path .

but in my own opinion , i think altcoin can still survive because people will definetly switch on alts if ever bitcoin did vanished or popped like a bubble in thin air . altcoins will be the one to become mainstream and that will result for thier value to drastically increase .
sadewa69

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:33:51 AM

unfortunately not, bitcoin has the power to move the market, and until now there is no altcoin that can be like that. it takes a lot of communities to make altcoins stand without bitcoin. so far the good market is owned by bitcoin and ethereum.

Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:42:40 AM

of usability.

I guess it is but it will take a long time to happen. As we all know, bitcoin is consider as the pioneer in cryptocurrency. Having said that, bitcoin makes a huge impact in the market. Opens a newly developed system to earn. This idea makes bitcoin's name be on top. As long as bitcoin continue to grow and acknowledge by more countries, it will retain its position. Well it is really a competition in the market so I believe other cryptocurrency will also be competitive.
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:38:27 AM

I don't think it can stand without bitcoin. Bitcoin is the father of crypto and all the currencies involve in the family.
sangjoewara

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:17:17 AM

of usability.

Nope, if it says its usefulness much less everyone has already believed and is convinced with bitcoin and bitcoin is the parent of altcoin. And big investors are attracted to bitcoin the way them invest to future.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:35:52 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 02:50:46 AM by Question123

If bitcoin dissapear they have chance market will have new bitcoin and can be recover but we don't know how long recover maybe few months or few years before cryptocurrency up again if that happen. But better if bitcoin can really live long .
milandres0207

Activity: 363

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:52:11 PM

Well maybe it can, but there are other coin which can stand as what bitcoin uses, but i personally can't imagine about that because as i can see that bitcoin as the first currency invented and the reason why there are many crypto currency now in the whole world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: