Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:27:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?  (Read 2230 times)
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 11:59:09 PM

To stay exist its possible. but for the crypto market BTC still needed as an altcoin pair. crypto is already large and booming around the world its impposible Bitcoin suddenly dissapier . bitcoiin will continue growing more than right know for sure .
Ochusol

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:01:23 AM

It can't work. Anything that excludes Bitcoin from cryptocurrency will bring an untimely death of the entire cryptocurrency. Bitcoin holds the life of the crypto industry.
knggtrrz

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:02:38 AM

To stay exist its possible. but for the crypto market . BTC market still needed as an altcoin pair. crypto is already large. there will always be someone who leads. and bitcoin is also almost impossible to just disappear.

Yes because bitcoin already existed for so many years and most of us our supporting it so I dont think that bitcoin will disappear. It will continue to grow and become popular and more and more people will keep buying bitcoin.
rickn

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:03:42 AM

Bitcoin is the dominant crypto and so it will be for a long time, so I do not see how the market can prevail without bitcoin. Bitcoin will be the driver and who will lead this investment revolution
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:19:31 AM

Sure, if all exchanges accept the way to trade from altcoins to some coins other than bitcoin, then it should be the number one for everybody. I think Ethereum is on the way to take the first place, sooner or later it will be the one Smiley
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 12:20:28 AM

Sure, if all exchanges accept the way to trade from altcoins to some coins other than bitcoin, then it should be the number one for everybody. I think Ethereum is on the way to take the first place, sooner or later it will be the one Smiley

ethereum would likely become new lead currency

Jay51

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:28:38 AM

I think it can't stand by its own without bitcoin because Bitcoin is the center of all crytocurrency if bitcoin didn't invented many people would be inosent to run a project.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:59:51 AM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

It will depend on one factor, why do you think bitcoin could disappear? And how do you think this could happen? Because if bitcoin disappears because of a technical issue with the blockchain or something similar then all the coins are going to be vulnerable and only the coins not relying in the blockchain will survive, like IOTA, but if that is not the case then bitcoin will still be the best coin in this market since many coins use most of its underlying technology.
BerneirBTC

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:09:52 AM

I think cryptocurrency without bitcoin will be very difficult to stand properly withour bitcoin, the father of all cryptocurrencies. But i can't imagine the world without bitcoin.
I also think without bitcoin crypto currency is incomplete. Bitcoin make crypto currency complete. The main reason, bitcoin is first crypto currency and still it is first and most of the people start trading with crypto because of bitcoin, and bitcoin give them courage to use other altcoin that's why i also don't think that without bitcoin crypto currency will be complete.   
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:11:57 AM

I think cryptocurrency without bitcoin will be very difficult to stand properly withour bitcoin, the father of all cryptocurrencies. But i can't imagine the world without bitcoin.
I also think without bitcoin crypto currency is incomplete. Bitcoin make crypto currency complete. The main reason, bitcoin is first crypto currency and still it is first and most of the people start trading with crypto because of bitcoin, and bitcoin give them courage to use other altcoin that's why i also don't think that without bitcoin crypto currency will be complete.   
well, bitcoin and altcoin are of course complementary. without any of them, of course that made the cryptocurrency world shaken, and became worse. well, without bitcoin, of course altcoin will lose its stability.
2408AAY

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:01:51 PM

Well. I don't think so. Cryptocurrency can't stand without bitcoin. Bitcoin is popular irrespective of its fluctuations but it's still at the top of cryptocurrency. Without bitcoin, cryptocurrency will not be known now.
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:06:43 PM

I do not think so, bitcoin is very popular, and when we talk about digital currencies, Bitcoin is always the first name, and it is difficult to be replaced by another currency on the short-term
farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:18:15 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this may be possible. But today all of digital coins depend on Bitcoin, except for some stabilized altcoins. When Bitcoin's price goes down, all digital coins go even further down the line. Bitcoin is the weakest coin in fact on the market, but its first creation and most credible shows its deserving his place in the market.
Jorge158

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 09:18:41 PM

It is very impossible for cryptocurrencies to stand out without bitcoin. Bitcoin is the KING of crypto and it is evident by the current prices of crypto

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:34:49 PM

of usability.

People will lose confidence to cryptocurrency if bitcoin disappear, then it will be just proven that crypto is just a scam and it will definitely take a while or maybe never for people to trust investing in cryptocurrency. Just one good example is, when bitcoin value take a huge plunge  lot of people sellout and promised to stay away from crypto. That will also happened and worse if btc disappear.

Bitcoin is number one because it's the first and longest crypto exist and it's value derive from market demand. I don't believe that btc is useless because there's a lot of way you can use btc from payment to investment.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:17:54 AM

of usability.

It is possible for altcoin like ETH to become no 1 on coinmarketcap if many users buy and use ETH. That will resulting high demands, make ETH volume and price increase significantly in the market. For now, most peoples in crypto are using bitcoin because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency. If they sell bitcoin and buying ETH, then ETH will become no 1.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Kathleen Gomess

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:14:20 AM

I think the direct factor is investors' trust. There are many factors shaking investors' faith in Bitcoin. The most developed countries such as the USA, Canada, UK, or Japan have already released laws regulating Bitcoin. As a result, private entrepreneurs and companies started implementing Bitcoin with its decentralized technology in all kinds of spheres. Such a vast Bitcoin market provoked a steep increase in the price of the currency last year.
Susan Diass

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:14:52 AM

News from social media is the most influential factors affecting Bitcoin's price, I think. Once you see a negative title, you immediately get a corresponding association with Bitcoin. As its market cap is not so big compared to the world economy, even rumours on the internet can make Bitcoin’s price decrease.
Rebecca Bragaa

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:15:30 AM

Bitcoin-related fake news is the factor cause Bitcoin price to swing. More and more waving investors are flocking to invest in Bitcoin. Not anyone knows what Bitcoin really is and what it is for. So they fail to realize what is a true news, what is  trash and fake news. Plus, the number of waving investors and newbies is not small. As a result, the fake news are quickly spreaded and followed. The price of Bitcoin, accordingly greatly fluctuate.
DenSamui

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:24:31 AM

I think that this is possible, but not at this time.
Perhaps in the near future, yes, but now bitcoin undoubted leader and without it it is difficult to imagine the world of crypto currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: