Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:47:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?  (Read 2231 times)
goldSkylark

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:05:35 AM

Of course, crypto can stand without bitcoin! The structure and design of a cryptocurrency has already been established, and will only get better in time. This means, whether bitcoin remains on top or not, other cryptocurrencies can still flourish.
DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 01:15:40 AM

Bitcoin is a very influential coin in the world of cryptocurency, so I think cryptocurency without bitcoin might not function as it is now and is very popular.
Actually Blockchain technology is the most influential behind the creation of bitcoin so cryptocurency can be popular until now.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:21:07 AM

bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency right now, I think if the bitcoin disappear there are the new coin that will use the bitcoin place before and be the biggest cryptocurrencies, but what coin? I don't know, if there are not big cryptocurrencies i think the price of other cryptocurrencies will collapse

Loopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:45:48 AM

It will be a question mark because you can see for yourself all other types of Altcoin depending on the current price of Bitcoin.
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:47:37 AM

not all crypto currencies make bitcoin a reference, I disagree with OP, I am sure that other altcoins will survive if bitcoin dies, and to imagine that bitcoin is dead I am not very sure. the community is growing and bitcoin is getting better and stronger
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:20:58 AM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

I believe that some community are pushing ETh to be on the top and remove bitcoin from the throne. I think it will happen in the near future because people that supports bitcoin has a different idea on how it they want it to be but with ETH, only one person can decide its fate and that is Vitalik.
Phadaman

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:19:07 AM

I really don't think bitcoin is useless. Bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrencies and if you have noticed, its rise and fall affect other cryptocurrencies. In another way round, bitcoin is to altcoins what US Dollar was to other currencies when it was adopted as an exchange unit of measurement.
davisagughalam

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:09:45 AM

Why bitcoin? , because it came first and without the advent of bitcoin and the blockchain technology, alts wouldn't have existed. As for alts overtaking bitcoin, maybe later and not any time soon because bitcoin is too popular and we'll funded to ever be over thrown easily. Just look at the market dominance of bitcoin. There's your proof.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
sintecan

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:13:24 AM

I'm sure other altcoins will survive if bitcoin dies, and imagine that bitcoin is dead I'm not so sure. the community is developing and bitcoin is getting better and stronger and it's impossible to feel bitcoin to death.
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:14:17 AM

I believe it can. I don't think that Bitcoin is the foundation on which cryptocurrency stands. There are a lot of other currencies that can support the crypto system even without Bitcoin. The end of Bitcoin does not mean the end of crypto.

miramax-10

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:28:22 AM

Bitcoin is popular because it is considered a more stable crypto currency, although its technology currently lags far behind the rest of the crypto currency.
solnce010515

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:34:54 AM

Might be, but not now. May be in a 30 years, because now soooo much people have invested in bitcoin and there are not more strong crypto for nowadays. Everything in developing now
btcnijuan

Activity: 421

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:41:18 AM

Bitcoin is like a pillar to all cryptocurrencies, crypto can't stand without bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most popular and most expensive among all crypto currencies. It is the basis of all the altcoins, it won't replace by other coin easily.
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:01:29 AM

the beginning of the first crypto is the bitcoin observed by means of altcoin. at this factor the base of all altcoin is bitcoin, so when bitcoin dies then altcoin dies. so in my opinion cryptocurrency can now not be besides bitcoin.
deadcomeback

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:35:56 AM

Currently, the number of bitcoins has not been fully exploited, Altcoin is growing stronger while the bitcoin value is decreasing, maybe in the future bitcoin is no longer the # 1 position on the coinmarketcap. Cryptocurrency can stand firm without the need for Bitcoin.
paulo013

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:36:21 AM

this is impossible. Because some of altcoin now is base on bitcoin. You can't buy until you have bitcoin first. for me no one can replace bitcoin. Also it is impossible that no one support bitcoin.  All of us support bitcoin Smiley.
colvis

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:55:39 AM

The crypto world must definitely shake without the existence if Bitcoin because it is the father of all altcoin
How can an infant stands without it's parent to tender for it. It is just the same thing with the Bitcoin and other coins
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:39:52 AM

Bitcoin is a very influential coin in the world of cryptocurency, so I think cryptocurency without bitcoin might not function as it is now and is very popular.
Actually Blockchain technology is the most influential behind the creation of bitcoin so cryptocurency can be popular until now.

I believe cryptocurrencies can still be able to stand without bitcoin around but i think it's kind of a hard situation for crypto people especially that they're already used to it and always look into it whenever there is a change in cryptomarket's status.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
ImSyam09

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:51:39 AM

it can be said that bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency in the world, so if there is no bitcoin then crypto also disappears, so I think crypto without bitcoin will be empty ...
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:23:29 PM

I believe cryptocurrencies can still be able to stand without bitcoin around but i think it's kind of a hard situation for crypto people especially that they're already used to it and always look into it whenever there is a change in cryptomarket's status.

It will take time. If it were to happen today, where btc would be gone, then alts will have a hard time since a lot of things rely heavily on btc, including most convertions. But given a few more years, the crypto market will very well be able to stand on it's own sans btc.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: