Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:37:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?  (Read 2230 times)
goldSkylark

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:54:55 AM

The structure and design of a cryptocurrency has already been established, and will only get better in time. This means, whether bitcoin remains on top or not, other cryptocurrencies can still flourish.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Christine Tavares

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:24:22 AM

I don't think Cryptocurrency will go on well  without the Bitcoin. When people hear the word "cryptocurrency", they will immediately think of Bitcoin. That shows how poweful Bitcoin is. Bitcoin is much useful and reliable than Altcoin. And Bitcoin makes up a large percentage of cryptocurrency market. It's not granted that Bitcoin has gained investors' belief.
Brenda Smith

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:28:31 AM

Even ETF,the second powerful cryptocurrency, is far cheaper than Bitcoin so I don't think it's possible for Altcoins to be the governor of the cryptomarket. Also, though the number of Altcoins is not small, not many of them have true value and are functional and reliable. I don't know whether in the future there is a better coin than Bitcoin or not, but at this rate, Bitcoin will still be dominant in at least several years to come.
Justin Jones

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:28:53 AM

It's ridiculous that you deemed Bitcoin as a useless thing. If Bitcoin were useless, Altcoins would be considered as digital trash. Bitcoin is far better than Altcoins and gains more trust from investors unlike other coins. To buy Altcoins, you have to buy Bitcoin first. That shows how influential and reputable Bitcoin is. To conclude, Altcoin can't beat Bitcoin to become the most powerful in the markets.
Brandon Thompson

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:34:41 AM

Why Bitcoin? Because it's far more useful, not useless as you thought. the underlying technology of Bitcoin is Blockchain, the phenomenal invention and the future technology. Bitcoin was created to promote a cashless society and promises to change the money paying habit of people. Transfering Bitcoin is much more convenient, cheaper and faster. Those are reasons why Bitcoin is reliable and has governed the markets for from the beginning. Up to now, with useless Altcoins, I don't think Bitcoin can be replaced in the medium term.
Luke_Turner

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:40:14 AM

because all the other coins are not as popular as bitcoin the cryptocurency might find it hard to stay afloat because people simply don't know about other digital currencies. unless they are vigorously advertised in public people will have very little interest in them. But one thing is for sure, if for some reason bitcoin fails to progress then it will be very hard for any other digital coin to perform because there will be no trust from the investors.
Pyrojason
Copper Member

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:41:35 AM

Every economy has some form of 'money' - if the future calls for blockchain to the backbones of the system then that system will need it's monetary power: Bitcoin.

ClassyDancer

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:55:28 AM

Correct me I’m wrong, but isn’t the cryptocurrency market the same as any other market? And that the existence of the said market will not depend on one product? Let’s compare it with the smartphone market. Apple was number one for so many years. rre they still number one now? No. Samsung has taken over. But the market has not collapsed and it still continues to thrive. Because at the end of the day, we still all need smartphones. Same goes for cryptos. They can coexist but do not rely on each other to survive. Their existence will depend on the demand.
ninokh

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:09:48 AM

I don't think it's possible because cryptocurrency was born because of bitcoin. bitcoin is a pioneer coin in cryptocurrenc and that introduces blockchain technology. if bitcoin is not born then cryptocurrency will not exist. and bitcoin has many uses in countries that authorize bitcoin as a payment instrument. bitcoin is used for buying and selling tools and bitcoin is a good investment tool.

───────          PAND Deflationary Token (One People – One Token)          ───────
───────          Community Owne (https://pand.finance/)
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:29:37 AM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

Why bitcoin? For starters, let us remember that bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency ever. And the technology behind it has been the basis for all other cryptocurrencies around. So i guess it is only fitting to have bitcoin lead the crypto rally in respect to its great contribution to the crypto world.

Secondly, we all know that bitcoin is the most popular, the best valued and the most adopted cryptocurrency till date.  Though we have altcoins in competition, bitcoin remains the major brand of them all, and that, without a doubt.

Thus, it would definitely be hard to picture the world of crypto without bitcoin on it, but still, one can not discount the possibility of bitcoin exiting the scene.  As with any other technology related creations, a life span is always an expected integral part of the design and at times, inevitable.

And to address your question whether is it possible for an altcoin to be number 1 instead of bitcoin, i'd say yes.  We all know that top altcoins are continuously improving their utilization and design to be better than bitcoin and infact has made themselves faster in transacting and with more robust scalability. Thus, it will be no surprise in case an altcoin takes the lead in the future.

Kakarot01

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:35:04 AM

We all know bitcoin is first cryptocurrency. Blockchain is innovation behind Bitcoin.It's hard to envision that digital currency world exist without Bitcoin however it is conceivable in the crypto world.
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:38:02 AM

Bitcoin is the parent of all cryptocurrencies, when the price of bitcoin rises, the price of altcoins also rises, and when the price of bitcoin drops, it also automatically drops, the bitcoin marketcap is now more than 50% so without bitcoin crypto will die.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 05:39:58 AM

Well bitcoin is a founder member of cryptocurrency than i think it's not possible or its very difficult to meet with this, as you know the factor of famous and promising is along with bitcoin thats why you can say bitcoin is a founder of this digital market.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
frey_oh

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:45:42 AM

I think Bitcoin is the first crypto currency made with a blockchain network and the forerunner of crypto currency. It's hard to imagine that the world of cryptocurrency exists without Bitcoin
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:46:01 AM

I think cryptocurrency can be difficult without bitcoin, as we know that bitcoin is the basis of the price of all cryptocurrencies so that when there is no bitcoin, crypto becomes a difficult thing to know the price.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
jeffryluna

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:51:05 AM

In my opinion, absolutely-- the blockchain technology is made for a specific goal.. Bitcoin started it but it does not mean that without bitcoin the whole technology would crumble. Day by day we are seeing  new tech outside bitcoin that makes more sense to be applied to the real world because of the speed they boast about and the team that they have. But this does not mean bitcoin itself would just die off... bitcoin is #1 for all the good reasons.
elimi

Activity: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:58:53 AM

I think a lot of uses bitcoin and that's why bitcoin is number one on the market today and it's hard to imagine that the cryptocurrency world exists without Bitcoin but that is possible.
bromosus

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:39:16 AM

It is really good question, i suppose there are a lot of things in sphere of cryptocurrencies which are depend on BTC.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:42:02 AM

Some of the new generation cryptos such as Cardano and NEO are quite different from Bitcoin, and they have their own unique uses and purposes. So ideally they should show some independence from Bitcoin. But if you check the exchange rates, then you can find out that it is not the case.
juperos

Activity: 459

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:42:45 AM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

I do not think the Crypto market will survive Bitcoin. Because Bitcoin currently holds more than 60% market capitalization. If it goes away, the other altcoins will no longer have capital to sustain and all will collapse. Bitcoins are the main source of the Cryptocurrency market and that is why whales often hold a lot of Bitcoins.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: