Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:48:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4328 times)
Orang Tua

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:00:17 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

Of course, even on the altcoin the bigger marketcap. Prices are always dynamic and volatility is very fast changing. So just seeing a coin grow bigger than the others doesn't mean that our coin will be the biggest in the future. Of course the division can be different, but still we should indeed share it.
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:18:38 AM

Diversification makes sense for very early stage start-ups. And for lazy investors, who don't do their due dilligence.
If you have a lot of information (I mean more information than the market), you should be crazy to diversify and not go all in on the one project you are so ahead of evebody else.
soooulliv77

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:26:20 AM

You had to split the investment from the very beginning and buy coins of several projects. And now it's too late to sell.

MERITT   P  R  O  T  O  C  O  L   ❱❱    WHITEPAPER
Decentralized Fundraising & Token Issuance

███████   TWITTER               BITCOINTALK               TELEGRAM   ███████
Nikolya

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:27:59 AM

Use diversification when investing in crypto currency is necessary, otherwise you can lose a lot.
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:29:37 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

Maybe sell away 50% of it and get potential good coins like zilliqa, stellar, policypal is also a good project to consider too.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
Angna27

Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:30:05 AM

Yes! diversification is a good idea, a good move a good way to secure what you have, so that you will not get hacked or scum with, specially now a days that you ned to secure all your coins for possible growth and potential and bigger profit someday, becuase if you do not do this you will end up crying at the end.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
Bitknick

Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:30:34 AM

This does not mean that you need to invest in one altcoins, because you need to do it in a few coins, doing the usual research!
cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:55:24 AM

Better diversify on other investments than crypto - equities, forex, bonds and CASH of course.
Diversifying to max of 10 crypto related would be my recommendation.
Surrapatt

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:58:38 AM

in the case of altcoin it is very tired we are waiting for its growth because I also have a lot of altcoins which are very cheap now, but I have never cared about it and continue to work as usual.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:04:17 PM

in the case of altcoin it is very tired we are waiting for its growth because I also have a lot of altcoins which are very cheap now, but I have never cared about it and continue to work as usual.

Well, when you focus on a job or as a girl you like, the attitude and the way you handle it will not be as wise anymore. Previously I checked the price of Bitcoin and the altcoin I invested, but now there is no longer
muzkle

Activity: 266

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:08:40 PM

Diversification of investment is my favorite strategy. The cryptographic market is a continuous market that is unpredictable. So, to limit the risk to my investments, market research, careful selection of investments and diversification of investment are the best solutions.

rainmonsoon
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:10:46 PM

Definitely diversify into several coins or tokens, don't concentrate exposure too much into one...! The upside potential in good new token or altcoin projects is much greater than in the established ones like BTC or ETH. Upside multiples can be a totally different game. You just need to do your research carefully and don't trust ICO listing sites etc. because ratings can be bought. Careful research is very important to avoid scams and other low quality projects - don't trust anyone but your own research!

I have been recently following Stellar that is generally on the rise and the tokens issued on the Stellar platform - now there is a bump like in any cryptocurrency over the past few days, but generally Stellar is on the rise because of the prospective Coinbase listing and other advances. This will also boost tokens issued on the Stellar platform...

My most recent find among alts is AXU, "Argentas Exchange Unit" token issued on the Stellar platform and listed and verified on the Stellarport decentralized exchange, now only at its pre-distribution, or pre-ICO phase. A true hidden diamond, with low profile so far. Experienced people clearly, and cool tech for decentralizing and revolutionizing global banking - their website at argentas.io.

The pre-ICO price is 50% cheaper than the ICO price, a sure winner IMO, and I will certainly get some. They also have an ANN thread, I think here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4431900.0. I dug really deep in their content, and it is really cool stuff Grin But don’t forget your own research!
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:11:44 PM

It depends very much on what strategy you have. I consider clean suicide to keep the entire amount of your investments in one currency. You risk losing everything in one investment. Diversification is the most important when it comes to the crypto market. Of course you do not have to overdo it. If you have $ 100, it's not a good idea to invest in 100 coins. However, no matter what you invest, it is important to do research before.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
legenduim

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:53:17 PM

Diversification is one of the main principles in operation your investments. In simple words it means like put your money into different assets. It makes your investments safer. You wouldn't lose all your money if something will happen.
Noizebtc

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:02:29 PM

Of course you do not need to keep all the coins in one wallet and you need to protect yourself as much as possible from hacking. It is also not necessary to keep a lot of money on the exchange, only for trading or buying assets
mr.nby

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:26:26 PM

Diversification of investment is my favorite strategy. The cryptographic market is a continuous market that is unpredictable. So, to limit the risk to my investments, market research, careful selection of investments and diversification of investment are the best solutions.

Diversification is good because it allows spreading the risk between different coins. If any investment fails, there are still others that can make a profit. However, investing in too many coins can have a negative impact on the potential amount of profit.
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:19:26 PM

I also never invest all my money in one coin. Even if the coin seems very promising, anything can happen and you can lose money on it.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:37:45 AM

Actually yes, it is the best thing that you can do for yourself as an investor. Reasons being that no matter how much you think that a project is doing well, there is always the risk that the project might end up failing and you might end up losing all of your money. That is where diversification comes in, to help you mitigate the risks that you are already taking by investing your money in cryptocurrencies.
Abdullah.dhariwal

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:49:14 AM

I think too much greed leads us to loss. if you are in some good profit sell them and buy some other altcoin with potential of growth or at least sell 50% of your holding. and don't get emotionally attach with some altcoin
Ividanik
Copper Member

Activity: 205
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:23:46 PM

Even the best traders are not always right. According to statistics, if you have 54% of successful trades, you are quite a talented trader. I'm not too keen on risking more then i should.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: