Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:39:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4328 times)
Courtneyhardy89

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:34:35 AM

If I am the one in this position, I will definitely sell it and invest in another coin that is low in price, But what I will do is this, I will sell all then I will half to buy other altcoins and use the remaining half to set another buy order at a lower price.
jamota

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:38:46 AM

diversification is the right strategy for investors who are responsible for finding ways to minimize risk, however, looking at the behavior of the crypto market, where there is a clear dominant (bitcoin) whose behavior has a drastic and direct influence on the behavior of all other altcoins, I believe that diversification what is adequate does not mean buying lots of unknown altcoins, but investing in other investment instruments that are less volatile, such as precious metals, namely gold or housing.
UncleScroogeMOS

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

https://saturn.black

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:39:08 AM

I am not skillfull trader - but i am sure that diversification - is main rule when trading. More coins you have in your basket - more space for "move" you have when market goes up/down.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Jiucaige

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:45:59 AM

Diversified investment has certain advantages and can diversify investment risks. But there is no need to distract, and you may not need to invest in three projects. This is my point of view.
Dmitry_K

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 10:11:48 AM

Yes, diversification is one of the important rules in working in any market. As you know, you can not put all the eggs in one basket.
This also applies to working with different crypto currencies.
Skortish

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 12:58:23 PM

Diversification is for sure always very important in every business minded person.
To be able to make huge profit, i think diversification should be an option.
Olgdanil

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:05:33 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

You are doing the right thing. The key to success is never to invest only one project with all your money. I recommend that you apply to investments intelligently and invest at least 3-5 projects.
morphic

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:07:55 PM

Yes, I think diversified investment can greatly reduce our investment risk, so this is a good investment. If you only invest in one cryptocurrency, then if the project you invested in is dead, then you will lose all your money, and diversified investment can reduce this risk.
Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:45:45 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

Diversification is very very important and necessary for every investor who is here in the cryptocurrency market for a long-term trading or investing. I am trading Stock, Forex, Commodity, and cryptocurrency altogether and i diversify the risk in all of these because it reduce my risk and manage my funds in a very smart way so that they can give me better returns or atleast take me the breakeven level even at panic situations.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
poketis22

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:50:46 PM

Then everyone decides for himself .. But now I would not jerk and just wait for further moves from the market and then I would start doing something
waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 04:51:07 PM

It depends on your analytical skills. You should know everything about the project. If it has potential for future grows, if the usefulness of the project for the whole society is great - hold it. BUT SOMETIMES ON BEARISH MARKET IT WILL BE MORE PROFITABLE SOLD OUT ALL ALTCOINS AND BUY AT LOWER PRICE.

merle

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:52:28 PM

It is one of the strategies to diversify my coins. First, we must know how to diversify the coins that are worthy for short term investment, holding, and also trading. We must also see their value and progress on the market. So, we can decide which coin is better to sell and hold right now.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
              ▄███████████████████▄
           ▄█████████████████████████▄
         ▄█████████████████████████████▄
        █████████████████████▀ █████████▄
       ██████████████████▀    ████████████
      ▐████████████████▌      ████████████▌
      ███████▀▀▀   ███▌     ▀▀█▀ █████████
      ███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀         ▄██████████
      ██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▐███████████████████████████████████▌
       ███████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████████████████▀
           ▀█████████████████████████▀
             ▀▀███████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
chynge.net

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█             
              ▄██▄███▄         ▄   
              ▀▀ █▌ ▀▀█▀██   ▄█▀██
          ▄▄▄           ▀▀▀███▀▀▀ 
          ▀▀▀                ▀█   
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                ███   
                      ▄██▀     ▐█ 
   ▄█████████      ▄█▀█▀        █▌
                 █▀▀▄█         ██▌
 ████████████   ▀█▄█▀           █▌
                                █▀
     ████████                ▄▄██ 
                             ▄█▀   
        ▀▀▀▀▀               █▀     
                  ▄     ███▀       
              ████████▀█▀           

Instant Settlement

▄██▄███           
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▄█▀   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ██▀▄██  ▄█▄  ██▌▄ ▄▄▄ █
███▀     ▐█▀▀▄█▀  ██▀ ▀██  ▀█▄    █
██      █▀░██▀  █▀▀     ▐▀█  ▀██  █
█▀▀████████████████████████████████
█▀▀▌ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██
█▄                                █
█▄                       ▄▄████████
█▄                      █▀███▌    █
█▄                     █▌ █  █▌   █
█▄                      ▀████▌▄▄▄▄█
█▄                                █
█▌                                █
██▀▀ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██
 ▀▀████████████████████████████████

Zero Fees

▄██▀▀▀██▄           
          ▄██       ██▄         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
    █████████████████████████   
    █                       █   
    █          ▄▄▄          █   
    █         █▀▀▀█         █   
    █         █   █         █   
    █         █▄▄▄█         █   
    █          ▀▀▀          █   
    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   
    █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█   
    █████████████████████████   

Secure Transaction
primeer

Activity: 883
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:56:01 PM

I am strongly for diversification. Selling some of your tokens and buying into the ones that are cheap and has a lot of potential will reduce your downside risk and increase your chances to gain more.
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:56:53 PM

Diversification is needed to hedge your investment against high volatility and uncertainty of cryptos. Don't put your whole savings in cryptos. Diverse it in other assets like gold, property and shares. Also, diversification is needed in cryptos itself. You should own a diversified portfolio with a mix of large, small and big cap coins. Don't just stick to 1-2 coins. At least have 5 coins in portfolio if you have invested near $1k.
Gurueconom

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:59:00 PM

On the crypto currency market, you must diversify otherwise you can lose all your money. Therefore, be sure to diversify the funds in different crypto currencies, but most of it is allocated to popular crypto currencies.
diytho

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:50:23 PM

Of course, if we want to invest or something else, we need to diversify so that we are more confident about an ICO. Because diversification is necessary to do. so that we are not affected by a scam then we also have to do that. the number of scams makes us hesitate to invest or participate in campaigns. diversification gives us a sense of confidence that the ICO is truly trustworthy.
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:48:31 PM

I think diversification is something we must all consider when investing in cryptos, you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. This is because the market is presently unstable and a lot of coins are falling. If you leave all your investment in a particular project and the coin dumps what is your fate.
I think you should sell part of the coin and use the fund to invest in other projects.

sam53

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:52:39 PM

It's a good idea to divide the investment into many cryptos, and my experience is not to put eggs in the same basket as just investing in crypto, this will be very risky. Therefore, if you have determined the investment in cryptos, you should choose at least three cryptos to invest in. Some potential cryptos at this time are EOS, Houbi, ADA, and TRX.
danceinthedunes

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:53:33 PM

Of course, I believe that diversification is the best method to acquire long-term profits, the best thing is to have an investment in each of the top 10 coinmarketcap currencies to have a robust portfolio and go more secure in this unstable market, of course, the ideal would be to have all your money in one currency and wait for it to reach the moon, but I do not think it is a very realistic investment strategy, we would have a better chance of winning the lottery.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 11:55:31 PM

It's a good idea to divide the investment into many cryptos, and my experience is not to put eggs in the same basket as just investing in crypto, this will be very risky. Therefore, if you have determined the investment in cryptos, you should choose at least three cryptos to invest in. Some potential cryptos at this time are EOS, Houbi, ADA, and TRX.

but in my opinion this is the same, when the BTC market is bearish, almost all other coins are also bearish. which is also likely to have an impact on estimated assets, we must know and be smart in predicting the current market course, only to minimize things that are not desirable. Not relying on one coin and divide with more coin choices is what I think is better

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: