Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4322 times)
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:06:35 AM

Diversification is a must in any investment really, you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.
If you don't know what the meaning of diversification is, then I have shared it from Mr. Legendary.

And unfortunately I am not as ridiculous as the author of this thread.
I better both FIAT HODL 80% and Bitcoin 20%. Many rumors, FUD and FOMO if the Bitcoin will be DUMP to the price of 2500 USD. oooh Bad Bad Bad !!
I think putting it on fiat is not included in diversify but can be referred to as a backup of funds, diversify if you alocate funds in other investments so the risk of losing all your money will decrease, for example you invest in ethereum and bitcoin #cmiiw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:14:54 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

But I guess it is also good if we spot something which are really promising then we can put much volume of our investment there. But I think if you are playing safe, then diversification is a must in order to avoid losing much of your investments.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:20:33 AM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

Diversification is always recommended and it applies to every investment so you should not go for one investment portfolio only when you have hundreds to choose from the so many coins in the market, but only pick the coins with a good potential and you can make 25% of your portfolio in coins that are still in ICO stage.
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:23:35 AM

Diversification is a must in any investment really, you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.
If you don't know what the meaning of diversification is, then I have shared it from Mr. Legendary.

And unfortunately I am not as ridiculous as the author of this thread.
I better both FIAT HODL 80% and Bitcoin 20%. Many rumors, FUD and FOMO if the Bitcoin will be DUMP to the price of 2500 USD. oooh Bad Bad Bad !!
I think putting it on fiat is not included in diversify but can be referred to as a backup of funds, diversify if you alocate funds in other investments so the risk of losing all your money will decrease, for example you invest in ethereum and bitcoin #cmiiw
CMIIW?
Okay I will explain it to you for my choice.

Try reading the posts I have already written once again, it says that I HODL 20% Bitcoin.
Of course I have HODL 20% Bitcoin, that's because I still believe that Bitcoin will rise again, and if the Bitcoin goes down can buy with 80% FiAT.

Do you understand what I mean?
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:59:56 AM

Diversification is good and could prove to be a good investment strartegy when the market is stable and uptrending! When the market is down trending, diversification could be a worst strategy to use!

Adhichan

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:17:51 AM

Diversification is good and could prove to be a good investment strartegy when the market is stable and uptrending! When the market is down trending, diversification could be a worst strategy to use!
that is wrong opinion,diversification means we will distributed all risk if something wrong happen in market.especially for current condition.could imagine if only hold bitcoin and them its price crash ? your asset value could decrease alot.and the different condition happen if you have several coins.maybe some of them gain profits.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 07:04:29 AM

Diversification is good because reducing our risk in market. But if you mean we should trade, not everyone having trading skill and i think trading very high risk because market fluctuation very high. Its profitable if we have trading skill because we can make profits daily.

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Igor.J

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 07:08:46 AM

But it is not simpler to first manipulate a dozen coins in order to replace the weak links and get the maximum benefit.

salad daging

Activity: 1652
Merit: 798

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 07:25:19 AM

if that happens to me then the step I will take is to sell my coins because the price is good and not necessarily when such times will come again and then use most of the money (not all) to buy top coins like ethereum, BCH or ripple because even though the price is much more expensive than the weak altcoin, but actually the coin is the price is falling and that is our chance to buy it because there will be a time when the coin will return to a high price

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
rosmerius

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

Revolutionizing Crypto Payment Solutions

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:08:02 AM

Besides being active in participating in many ICOs, I also applied the diversification method in my investment in crypto. With diversification, the risk will be more minimized, and security will be more maintained. The advantage of diversifying is that I don't just depend on one source to get income. And I can earn income in different amounts.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  A New Crypto-Payment Platform  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ █   [  Telegram  ]   [   Medium   ]   [   ICO Page   ]   [  Facebook  ]   [ Instagram ]   █ █
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:27:42 AM

We should also talk about the risks that your money can be stolen from the crypto exchange, in this case, if you went to the USDT, you should also be careful about storing them.
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:47:52 PM

I use diversification and never invest all my funds into crypto always leave for reserve funds for further investing. Investing  some in stocs, some in properties, mutual funds etc. Spreading it around.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
NORD YGGDRASIL

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:56:56 AM

I think that in your case it will be the best option - to combine both strategies because only in this way you can achieve the desired result without risk, choosing one of the options you always risk more than you may need.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:37:20 AM

If a coin in which you have invested is giving you profits and the profits are bigger than what you were expecting out of that coin do not get greedy, sell your coins, get your profit and be happy with it, now use that money to invest in other coins that you think have the potential to grow during the next weeks or months, that is what traders do to make money and you should do it as well.
iged_war

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:09:53 AM

I think that in your case it will be the best option - to combine both strategies because only in this way you can achieve the desired result without risk, choosing one of the options you always risk more than you may need.
most investors usually diversify their asset.put out asset in only on basket maybe we want to kill our self.no one could save if suddenly market crash and all price down sharply.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
overnight03

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:18:58 AM

Of course, it is an indispensable part of investment, everyone should invest in diversity because it will reduce the risk a lot, it wil be very risky when only investing in one currency.

rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:24:43 AM

yes it is important to diversify your investment as it is always said that do not keep your eggs at one place but it is also true just to be safe we can keep it anywhere. i mean to say that we need to diversify funds but after making all the research and study of different altcoins.
Goldleader

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:31:09 AM

Remember the old saying don't put everything in one basket
Maknae09

Activity: 196

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:36:38 AM

If you have too much money to invest, I guess diversification will make sure of your profit, because it is quite risky to spend all of it to just one coin. What if that coin didn't succeed? your investment will not too. So, better to diversify your investment to gain much possibility of income.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
cupruri
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:26:08 AM

The golden rule of every investor is to use the funds diversification, because without this tool, it is almost impossible to gain profits. You should always invest in at least 10 projects, because if something goes wrong, there are another coins that would recover your whole portfolio.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: