Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:41:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use diversification?  (Read 4328 times)
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:17:18 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?
Things you are talking about are speculation, trading, gambling, flipping but not diversification at all. Better learn basic terms.
RobotNIK

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:45:49 PM

Diversification is a useful way to save your assets if something goes wrong and some of your coins will start to fall in value!

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
pearcy jackson

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:01:01 PM

I often do diversification, because it is normal if you trade. but for investments I rarely diversify because of high risk. so it's your choice. the key is you must be able to see opportunities. Smiley
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:08:05 PM

For example, you have some altcoin (in my case it's Metaverse ETP) and you expect it to grow. But in a weak market, this altcoin behaves like bull and you have the opportunity now to sell it and buy an asset that looks weak in the market (for example Qash, Tierion, Nem, Odyssey or Republic Protocol) in order to get the greatest possible profit. Or leave a strong asset and wait for its further growth. What do you think about this?

To diversify by keeping your strong coin or selling away your strong coins to buy cheap coins will depend on how you want to play in this market. Diversifying your portfolio is good in a way not taking too much risk exposure on just one or two coin but diversifying also means that you will not be able to make the most profit out of your capital unless what you have in your portfolio all rise together.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:09:22 PM

Diversification is a useful way to save your assets if something goes wrong and some of your coins will start to fall in value!
Too much diversification isn't good.
Choose the coins that you can diversify well, like you said you can loss for some coins but you can also recovere from others.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:53:09 PM

As for me, i will take profit from current strong asset and look for another strong asset sometimes you may have it in mind that it will grow further but reverse will be the case.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:15:47 PM

I think Disversification needs to be done, but you need to thoroughly research the coins that you want first, because some coins are used only for pumps and dumps by big players, so you should study the project first and market before buying a few coins. I think it will succeed in the future and will give us big profits for the long term.
ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:35:39 PM

No coin gives 100% assurance of healthy market price. Sometimes I expect some coins to at least retain the btc value either in the bear or bullish market. This variation in coin response to market price swing calls for diversification. After few months of healthy crypto market, when the price climbs up to maybe $7000 in the coming year investors will adopt ICO investments and diversification using a portion accrued now and start flipping.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:42:55 PM

I think Disversification needs to be done, but you need to thoroughly research the coins that you want first, because some coins are used only for pumps and dumps by big players, so you should study the project first and market before buying a few coins. I think it will succeed in the future and will give us big profits for the long term.
so we need to make observation about coins and projects.was this coins and projects has the new technology in blockchain and adoptable in  our life.if we find this kind of projects maybe we could invest and diversify our money to this projects.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:38:04 PM

I understood the benefits of diversification by example. I decided to fully rely on the crypto market, and in the end I lost quite a large part of my funds. It would not happen if I diversified my assets.
mukabokep

Activity: 490
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:19:38 PM

If the price of Bitcoin and Ethereum is weak, then the altcoin price will also be weak. So for me, I keep the altcoin that is already in the wallet. Not selling in deteriorating market conditions
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:24:40 AM

If the price rising to my target, i am prefer selling my token and buying anothers project with good product at cheap price. But sometimes holding a strong project for long term is profitable and i think long term investment is good option
Grechkatx

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 04:32:18 AM

I understood the benefits of diversification by example. I decided to fully rely on the crypto market, and in the end I lost quite a large part of my funds. It would not happen if I diversified my assets.
It is a pity that many of us have learned such lessons from our own experience, having suffered losses. I also after the lesson began to act more competently, invest wisely and do not put everything in a couple of coins
ceetoo224
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 04:33:18 AM

Well, in trading I use diversification, I just don't trade using only one or two coins that I buy. I buy many more any monitor them out in the market whether they are performing good or not. But still I do some technical analysis about it.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 05:30:37 AM

MadGamer already said. Diversification is needed whenever you are trying to invest for a short term. In long term, most people invest and forget about the market for a year or 2 while in the short term, you have to get update for each day, each moment.
I am using diversification for my short term asset.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 05:54:41 AM

Diversification is the cornerstone of any good investment strategy, but for me personally, I do not jump from one coin to the next as it never seems to end well. I prefer to go in and out of cash at appropriate times and so If I see another coin I like and it has an attractive price I will add more FIAT to enable me to purchase and leave the other crypto to do its own thing.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
bitcoinsc

Activity: 439
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:57:15 AM

one of the guy jim rogers or something said that you go all in risking everything to get rich. you dont get rich diversifying. bill gates did it and i think the guy that was ceo of apple. but diversifying in alts will get u rich. i think alts has potential to out perform bitcoin. just gotta have the right coins.

Ethereum and Uniswap.
zcashplan

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 09:42:22 AM

Normally, I plan to sell it in advance, usually after a rise or fall of 18%. I think this is the limit of the damage I can bear, and I am not very greedy.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 01:34:31 PM

Well, i think diversification is important to reduce the loss of your investment.
If you just focus on 1 cryptocurrency, you will gain much profit if the coin is good in the market indeed, but this is crypto, nothing is 100% certain.
Diversify your investment and you will be spared from huge loss in the future due the volatility and uncertainty of cryptocurrency.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 01:43:25 PM

Normally, I plan to sell it in advance, usually after a rise or fall of 18%. I think this is the limit of the damage I can bear, and I am not very greedy.
As long as you can bare with your plans and stay with your strategy then you are good to go, you are good to go by following your instinct, investment will be good  splitting your assets and keep your plans to be intact never to be a greedy one when you are seeing pump movements.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: